• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOTS

I

imported_julilyn

my point was not "yippie for me I have been here since Beta" it was that I have been here a very long time and have seen a lot .

and by more pressing issues I mean getting the game to actually run without crashing or updater issues or down servers.

try to not read into what I said. it's pretty on the surface.

G

<blockquote><hr>

good God people stand down.

maybe its not EVERYONE who complains about botting bots. I don't think Annabanana said that at all.

I have been here since Beta, I have at one time played for hours every day for years, I have been on these boards since the begaining of thier exsistance and I have Modded on them and seen "behind the scenes" conversations , AND I have a very good memory when it comes to past situations and conversations.

I know of many people a who are admitted scammers,botters and otherwise "cheaters" both by being caught and by thier own admission. some are pretty proud of it as a matter of fact, many are still around today and have been pulling the same tricks for a long long time.

I also know of a few who were caught , busted and no longer post or play. I know of some, who even though there are screen shots, chat logs and witnesses,will deny any wrong doing till death. some are reported and disapear, some are reported numberously and still continue on.

Anna shouldn't have to "prove" to you that a lot of the complainers "bot" it's pretty clear to many . and its pretty common knowledge to those who have been around a while. Eventually, they will be caught and stopped. Right now the game has more pressing issues then seeking out the low lifes.

[/ QUOTE ]
I stand by what I said - that kind of teasing, alluding, vague accusations, etc. does absolutely nothing but stir resentment.
Positive info about botting should be sent to TPTB and not dangled over the heads of the posters for dramatic effect.

I

imported_julilyn

I stand by what I said - that kind of teasing, alluding, vague accusations, etc. does absolutely nothing but stir resentment.
Positive info about botting should be sent to TPTB and not dangled over the heads of the posters for dramatic effect.

even when Donavan pisses me off....I still gotta love him

G

<blockquote><hr>

even when Donavan pisses me off....I still gotta love him

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks

...I .... think.... ??

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

lol, this is funnny, cuz i have to think that if someone was botting it, they would do it in a privte house, their own maybe??
so no other simmies gets in the way of their routine.
how many times have we all qued up our sims to green go do a little rl green ourself, come back to only find one the the steps was skipped cuz another sim got to the shower first? lol
no clue why someone would leave their sims standing around for an hour like that but hey guess i would have to call that sim abuse lol

these are just my own thoughts if i were a botter lol hummm would i put myself in that situtation? where i could be caught? or run the chance of owner shutting house down on me? or having other simmies get in the way of one of the greening steps, cuz we all know, if your little sim goes red, hum no more pizza! lol
just some thoughts, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't and have never run 3rd party and I rarely run multiple any longer.

But it's every easy for one of your alts to skip a step while you are off on another sim 'chatting'. You look up and wonder to yourself...."Where is 'so and so'?" and there he is....standing in the bathroom looking as though he's pondering the creation of the universe.

And there is nothing that will keep your sim fully green without either being on a free green lot or running a sim baby sitting program which takes your sims through the act of greening.

But there are paranoid folks out there that put Macarthyism to shame. I had a really paranoid friend that would look at closed houses, then do a bit of 'freindship web' snooping, and then would try to make 'bot' connections. He was always so excited to point out 'new bot' houses. He was wrong on a few of them. They weren't bots at all....just a couple of friends that really only wanted to hang out with themselves. I was lucky because I was invited after chatting at a store with one of them.

I think that many of these 'bot' pretenders probably are just 'small potatos' and probably just not worth the Dev's time. But spotting 3rd party software in the system probably does need pursuing, but seems like that would be a long time un-winable battle.

So I vote better drains....for my guy that's probably hanging out in the bathroom!!!!

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

my point was not "yippie for me I have been here since Beta" it was that I have been here a very long time and have seen a lot .

and by more pressing issues I mean getting the game to actually run without crashing or updater issues or down servers.

try to not read into what I said. it's pretty on the surface.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying in no means to be disrespectful, however the topic here is BOTS and as far as we can see, 6 pages worth to be exact tells me since the early days it was been a problem and today it's still hanging over our heads. As far as the technical issues, those are to be expected considering the new EA Land and I have done my share of whining about them too! I guess that's the penalty for playing TSO as long as I have.

G

Well said Ladi and wb trust you got your HDrive sorted
)
You got love her *afk or not* xx

G

tagged on to last:
hahahahahahaha...
geesh.. if you knew me you would know Im by no means bragging or teasing. I know that if I did name names I.. ME... could get in trouble for doing so.. so no, I wont name names.
I have reported my fair share of botters in the past when I played.. nothing ever came of any of the reports.. ever. The botters still kept their little square house on their little lot with their lone pizza table in it...nobody stopped them.
Im not a crusader against bots.. like AJ is known for.. that has been a cause of his for a long time.. dont know if it still is or not.
So if you all want to start tossing crap around... Im all about the toss...

I have been around for many many years, like Juli said.... I have seen stuff and have an excellent memory of things that some of the newer ppl dont know about. There are quite a few posters that post regularly now that are now or have been botters and scammers. This stuff isnt a secret.. but longevity around here does give you some info.

And btw: there is no place here for botters to be reported unless there is an obscure place Ive never heard of.. bot reporting is done in game.
I find it funny that some of the big opponents of the botting now come from those that used to do it.

I

imported_SimTripps

Hey, if my PhD students can fail courses and not read e-mailed instructions properly, then should I be expecting more here?? Y'all just like to rant and get your voice heard, which is o.k., because I LOVE to rant also lol....

I posted this on Page 1 for Pete's sake:

If a player suspects someone using a bot program or hack, certainly report it.... But players, regardless of how 'obvious' they think it appears, have no way of knowing FOR CERTAIN whether another player is using a bot program or hack. The only ones that can, upon investigation, are the server admins, since they're the only ones that have access to the server logs.

People that are OMG I'M CERTAIN THEY'RE BOTTING I SWEAR ON MY GRANDMOTHER'S GRAVE THEY'RE BOTTING make me laugh.. Sorry, but you have no way knowing FOR CERTAIN that they're botting, unless you hack their pc remotely to see what they're running, or get on a plane, hop in a cab and go visit them in their real life home, knock on their door and say, 'Hello, I'm from the bot police. Do you mind if I go look at your computer?' and see for yourself what they're doing lol...

My husband is a programmer and head of network security, so this info comes from a reliable source lol...

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

tagged on to last:
hahahahahahaha...
geesh.. if you knew me you would know Im by no means bragging or teasing. I know that if I did name names I.. ME... could get in trouble for doing so.. so no, I wont name names.
I have reported my fair share of botters in the past when I played.. nothing ever came of any of the reports.. ever. The botters still kept their little square house on their little lot with their lone pizza table in it...nobody stopped them.
Im not a crusader against bots.. like AJ is known for.. that has been a cause of his for a long time.. dont know if it still is or not.
So if you all want to start tossing crap around... Im all about the toss...

I have been around for many many years, like Juli said.... I have seen stuff and have an excellent memory of things that some of the newer ppl dont know about. There are quite a few posters that post regularly now that are now or have been botters and scammers. This stuff isnt a secret.. but longevity around here does give you some info.

And btw: there is no place here for botters to be reported unless there is an obscure place Ive never heard of.. bot reporting is done in game.
I find it funny that some of the big opponents of the botting now come from those that used to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you've done all that you can do and that's what all of us should do!
Ohhh and welcome back Ladi...You are missed even when you don't know it. Big hugs hon!!!!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that Lee and Parizad have provided email and IM addresses for us here on these boards. I know that you know both of these EA employees, Anna, and probably know how to contact them better than I do. If you know the names of people who are botting give Lee or Pari those names.

Making snarky comments about how you find humor in the irony of posters complaining about botting whom you know to be botters does not help.

As long as we are commited to this "zero sum economy" every botter who takes a simolean by cheating takes a simolean from the payouts you and I get. Dynamic payouts punish the innocent. There is irony in that, as well, but I'm not laughing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe just maybe the problem begins with the simple fact that there aren't as many bots available as there once was meaning some of the programmers don't program for tso anymore or have moved onto other games that are more profitable. Maybe those old botters that complain now and who used these now possibly non-existant or non-upgradeable bots are mad because other people have bots made by programmers that still do update their bots and they cant bot cause their don't work no more for what ever reasons. There still is 1 site out there that was the very 1st bot site for tso maybe they should be checked into.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that Lee and Parizad have provided email and IM addresses for us here on these boards. I know that you know both of these EA employees, Anna, and probably know how to contact them better than I do. If you know the names of people who are botting give Lee or Pari those names.

Making snarky comments about how you find humor in the irony of posters complaining about botting whom you know to be botters does not help.

As long as we are commited to this "zero sum economy" every botter who takes a simolean by cheating takes a simolean from the payouts you and I get. Dynamic payouts punish the innocent. There is irony in that, as well, but I'm not laughing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dali...Yours IMO is the best post I have read and responed too yet. No sarcasm, no disresect, no accusations. Just the plain downright truth to this whole matter. Thank you for this well thought out written post!

G

<blockquote><hr>

People that are OMG I'M CERTAIN THEY'RE BOTTING I SWEAR ON MY GRANDMOTHER'S GRAVE THEY'RE BOTTING make me laugh.. Sorry, but you have no way knowing FOR CERTAIN that they're botting, unless you hack their pc remotely to see what they're running, or get on a plane, hop in a cab and go visit them in their real life home, knock on their door and say, 'Hello, I'm from the bot police. Do you mind if I go look at your computer?' and see for yourself what they're doing lol...

My husband is a programmer and head of network security, so this info comes from a reliable source lol...

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe (and I'm sure I will be corrected if I mis-read) another poster (not Anna) said that some ppl have access to a forum in which a thread exists for ppl to admit (brag?) about botting. Assuming they are telling the truth and are not simply tossing out false attitude (I'm sooooo bad!) to boost their perceived image as a rebel, then it's fair to make another assumption - i.e. they really are botting.
Buuuut, OTOH, who the hell knows, anymore.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe (and I'm sure I will be corrected if I mis-read) another poster (not Anna) said that some ppl have access to a forum in which a thread exists for ppl to admit (brag?) about botting. Assuming they are telling the truth and are not simply tossing out false attitude (I'm sooooo bad!) to boost their perceived image as a rebel, then it's fair to make another assumption - i.e. they really are botting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true EA can't do a thing to anyone who simply says yes i have botted. They must catch you doing it in order to take action against you so people stop witch hunting after Anna because it really doesn't matter if she know who claims to have botted, because we have no way of knowing if its really true and its not punishable just because someone spouts off at the mouth sayig they did something.

N

NightFlyer

Yet they can and do take action for just stating "I am (choose any age under under 13 here)." in game. Even if just roleplaying.

Go figure.

O

ozzynowgone

if you want to know how to contact them ask the cheerleaders on this site they all have a first hand account of what the dev have eaten they have their noses so far up their rear ends

I

imported_julilyn

believe (and I'm sure I will be corrected if I mis-read) another poster (not Anna) said that some ppl have access to a forum in which a thread exists for ppl to admit (brag?) about botting. Assuming they are telling the truth and are not simply tossing out false attitude (I'm sooooo bad!) to boost their perceived image as a rebel, then it's fair to make another assumption - i.e. they really are botting.

I am not aware of any such forum or thread. I have personally removed posts about botting that were against the tos and as such the roc. I have also had many many simmers im me in game and ask for permission to run thier greening bots on my lot as well as maze or pizza. the list of what I have seen and heard first hand, as well as being observant over the years makes it pretty clear who is doing what . I don't tend to pay much attention on gossip mills, I form my opinions via first hand experiances. I know who complains and I know who uses bots. (shrugs) and I still play the game my way.

L

Laverne

Why are the botters so hard for EA Games to catch? Is it really that difficult for them to determine a 3rd party program is being used in a game?

I'm not a techy so I'm asking this sincerely.

It seems, according to the Devs, that all they pay has been drastically cut because they are trying some how to catch botters or prevent botting. I assume once this is accomplished the payouts and prices will improve which would allow people more actual game play and there would be a whole lot less complaining.

Before you all go bashing me for being impatient, I'm simply asking why is this so difficult? I'm not being smarmy, I just want to know thats all.

Also, aside from using illegal programs, (yes, I agree this is wrong &amp; I hope they catch those who do it) what are the other reasons bots are considered evil? I'm just curious.

O

ozzynowgone

dont kid yourselves they arent gonna raise the object pay back up thats why they put in atm machines its about corporate greed ea wants more money the community has it they found a way to seperate the community from it

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

dont kid yourselves they arent gonna raise the object pay back up thats why they put in atm machines its about corporate greed ea wants more money the community has it they found a way to seperate the community from it

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point, however, I'm not against any company making a profit and hate the term "corporate greed". I simply think EA Games should have kept the ATMs out of the game. It removed a huge "gaming" aspect to the game buy allowing an endless source of simoleans.

I imagine for each of us who don't buy simoleans from ATMs there are 10 that do...maybe higher.

But this went off topic concerning "botters". Why can't these programs be detected and aside from using illegal programs, why are botters so evil? Is it just because they use these programs?

Sorry to be a bit naive about botting...please don't bash me for being dumb.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why are the botters so hard for EA Games to catch? Is it really that difficult for them to determine a 3rd party program is being used in a game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think one of the reasons why they are hard to detect is because they are not actually "hacking" the game in any way. The bots I've read about/heard about basically just imitate mouse-clicks while you are AFK. I'm assuming this is very tricky to pinpoint as the only indicator would be to track EXACTLY when objects are clicked on and find a distinct pattern. Even if this were easy to calculate, I'm sure programmers would find a way to randomize it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Also, aside from using illegal programs, (yes, I agree this is wrong &amp; I hope they catch those who do it) what are the other reasons bots are considered evil? I'm just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]
People log into an mmorpg (in general) to play with other people, not robots for one. It also gives an unfair advantage and creates problems such as the crappy economy. Who wants to work on money objects or jobs all day only to have your simoleans (and time) devalued by shady sims?

With most online games there are problems with people looking to make a profit off of the game, really the problem is when they interfere with people who actually want to play the game.

Personally, I'm still for a sandbox city. I know it won't happen but I still dream of it. No beggars, no simolean scamming, no atms...

G

The ONLY way that they can detect bots, at the moment, is by iming the suspected sims and if they do not answer within an allotted amount of time then it is *assumed* that a bot must be running and keeping the sims active online. Only then can action be taken. No matter how obvious it is that someone is botting if they answer the game reps and i mwan answer the questions the reps ask corectly then no azction can be taken because a human in fact did answer.

So if you are so 1,000,000% sure a certain house is bottibng and it is reported over and over, if a rep ims that house and gets replies from the sims then there is nothing that can be done unfortunately because theycan not see into the users pc.

This will always be the case until *if* they ever do add any 3rd party software detection to the game.

That is why it is so hard to catch and terminate botters. Plus the fact that as soon as theyr caught the botters only go get a few more free trials and start all over again.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

But this went off topic concerning "botters". Why can't these programs be detected and aside from using illegal programs, why are botters so evil? Is it just because they use these programs?

Sorry to be a bit naive about botting...please don't bash me for being dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never used to care, not really, about botters. I never cared who was earning more money than me in the game, who had all the rares. For all the time I played TSO I just didn't have a reason to pay attention to the players who were putting accumulation of wealth or game objects. That the old economy was inflated didn't really affect me, personally, although I do understand it was demoralizing to some.

NOW the devs have created an "economy" where there is a finite number of simoleans in the barrel. Our payouts for jobs and money objects are based on how many simoleans are in the barrel. ("Dynamic payout.") This means that anyone who is using a program -- a bot -- to get simoleans not only has an advantage over us, but is taking money from the barrel so that the amount available to you and me is less.

Remember in elementary school when someone in the class did something naughty and everyone got punished? Consider us all back in that class, and the botters are the kids who are incorrigible.

Supposedly the devs have a way to monitor how money is being earned in game, and they can spot accounts that are accumulating amounts not in line with "normal" play.

G

to be honest at this point their so called closed economy or what ever is not even in place, entirely if at all. nothing is connected yet as to the drains, faucets, pools, so basically its no different then the old economy at this current time.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

believe (and I'm sure I will be corrected if I mis-read) another poster (not Anna) said that some ppl have access to a forum in which a thread exists for ppl to admit (brag?) about botting. Assuming they are telling the truth and are not simply tossing out false attitude (I'm sooooo bad!) to boost their perceived image as a rebel, then it's fair to make another assumption - i.e. they really are botting.

I am not aware of any such forum or thread. I have personally removed posts about botting that were against the tos and as such the roc. I have also had many many simmers im me in game and ask for permission to run thier greening bots on my lot as well as maze or pizza. the list of what I have seen and heard first hand, as well as being observant over the years makes it pretty clear who is doing what . I don't tend to pay much attention on gossip mills, I form my opinions via first hand experiances. I know who complains and I know who uses bots. (shrugs) and I still play the game my way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read up in this thread, Juli. Jackiee says she participates in a forum, or forums, where people out themselves and even brag about being botters.

As for anyone who says they know who the botters are, but shrugs and says they won't pass this information on to the devs -- shame on you. One has to wonder why a person would make such statements (about knowing who the botters are) and not take action when this is, last time I looked, a forum for people who are interested in TSO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure that the forum Anna referred to was on another web site, NOT stratics that is why you would have not ever seen it.

I

imported_julilyn

As for anyone who says they know who the botters are, but shrugs and says they won't pass this information on to the devs -- shame on you.

probally best not to assume anything about me.

I have never said I did or didn't report botters or pass infomation about botters on to the devs. It's been done ample times by many people.

The Devs have access to far more infomation then you or I will ever have and I am sure they have a pretty good knoweldge base on who is botting.

the ::shrug:: was as in "what can you do? ::

so I don't need any "shame on yous" I am having a great time playing my own way without resorting to shamefull behaivor

I have seen a few conversations where bot talk has taken place and I know the one you are refering to now, but it's not the only time cetain names have come up and been confermed by the alledged botters.

It's actually a pretty tired subject . The powers that be have dealt with this in the past and I am confident they will continue to do so as they see fit. I am thinking that at this particular time, its not one of thier top priorities. thats all.

G

I wasnt referring to any website at all when I was speaking of my knowledge of botters. My info I have is old. Like I said.. many of the ppl I know that botted dont even play anymore.. but still post here. There are some ppl here that still bot and scam in game. It doesnt take a genius to know who they are. Im not going by any lists or such things at all. Im going by what I know from the game I dont even play anymore. How can I tell Luc, Lee or Parizad or whoever about botters in game when I dont play? I can just see the reading of that email... "uh.. stupid Anna wants to report some botting from 2005.. "

I dont see that flying too well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have just witnessed along with other what looks like bots running in a house - ive reported in game - they have been standing for nearly a hour now - I hope they are caught

I would like to add that the owner had no knowledge of this till they stopped playing and was standing there - we are leaving them there in time perhaps they will need a revivie lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

You reported it. Good for you!! Reporting suspected botters FTW!!!!!

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

Supposedly the devs have a way to monitor how money is being earned in game, and they can spot accounts that are accumulating amounts not in line with "normal" play.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is the case, then it sounds to me like this will be a permenant, on going process in the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
On another site.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

As for anyone who says they know who the botters are, but shrugs and says they won't pass this information on to the devs -- shame on you.

probally best not to assume anything about me.

I have never said I did or didn't report botters or pass infomation about botters on to the devs. It's been done ample times by many people.

The Devs have access to far more infomation then you or I will ever have and I am sure they have a pretty good knoweldge base on who is botting.

the ::shrug:: was as in "what can you do? ::

so I don't need any "shame on yous" I am having a great time playing my own way without resorting to shamefull behaivor

I have seen a few conversations where bot talk has taken place and I know the one you are refering to now, but it's not the only time cetain names have come up and been confermed by the alledged botters.

It's actually a pretty tired subject . The powers that be have dealt with this in the past and I am confident they will continue to do so as they see fit. I am thinking that at this particular time, its not one of thier top priorities. thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Juli,

I replied to your post because you asked (in so many words) why botters are "evil." I replied to that -- imo I'm bothered by them because they will affect (lower) my earnings potential in the game. After that point I should have written, "Juli, the rest of this post is written in general response to the thread, not to you."

Several posters in this thread stated that they know who the botters are, and give various reasons why they won't pass this information on to the devs. I was referring to these posters when I said shame on them, as you quoted. I do not recall reading that you have such information. I reread my post, including the quote you pulled, and I really don't understand why you thought I was referring to you. In any case, I wasn't.

But, now I see you also say you know who botters are, and for some reason you don't want to report these people?

Maybe botting is a tired subject, but it is not going to get any less tired as long as people feel the cheaters are taking away from the game of honest players. Crime in rl is an old, tired subject, as well, but aren't you glad there are people who keep fighting it?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Perhaps you should read the comment again. She said it herself! BTW, being around in the beta days doesn't make one any wiser to BOTS. There still at large! I might add that I have played this game since Feb 2003 and it always has been an issue that people complain about. Apparently that is the main reason payouts are low today so people are going to complain. It effects gameplay unless of course you don't need simoleans.

[/ QUOTE ]And, yet, there are still people around here who believe there is nothing wrong with bots; still believe that bots don't ruin anyone else's gameplay; and still hide behind "don't tell ME how to play MY game" straw man defense...

These people are pathetic. Truly pathetic.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

And, yet, there are still people around here who believe there is nothing wrong with bots; still believe that bots don't ruin anyone else's gameplay; and still hide behind "don't tell ME how to play MY game" straw man defense...

These people are pathetic. Truly pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to not care. Now that the bad behavior of others directly impacts my earning potential in game, I care a LOT. I have so little time to play, and my earnings are pathetic. Truly pathetic.

R

Roger Wilco

You're right, it is a tired subject, and after years of discussing it you would think by now everyone here would know why EA will never be able to even contain them, much less eliminate them.

The amount of flawed information people here who should know better are still spouting about them simply amazes me.

L

Laverne

I fully understand that using 3rd party programs are bad. It's against TOS. Understood. I wouldn't use them. If the use of these programs effect other peoples' game play then by all means I hope the find a way to detect them so we can get on with our game.

What I'm not sure of (and I'm not very economically literate), is how would, say, I, becoming a sim millionaire effect other's game play?

Probably a very dumb question but I'd like to know as it would effect my strategy on how I play this game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You're right, it is a tired subject, and after years of discussing it you would think by now everyone here would know why EA will never be able to even contain them, much less eliminate them.

The amount of flawed information people here who should know better are still spouting about them simply amazes me.

[/ QUOTE ]
What I have learned in my years on Stratics is: There is a discouraging number of knotheads who are willing (even anxious) to accept any kind of accusation at face value, but scoff at ANY kind of denial. They accept somebody's word as fact - hell, they accept RUMOR as fact. If someone said you had six fingers, some on here would believe it even if they could count them themselves.
This is like a little on-line soap opera where the story line is beyond belief, and yet, there are people who live for it.

NOIP
When I first started playing this game, it was with 6 of my friends. Not one - not a SINGLE one, is still around or interested in coming back. Know why? Because the vigilantes hounded them out of the game. We sat in our little locked lot to talk, goof off - whatever - and what did we get - "You're botting in there and I'm going to report you!". Never mind that we weren't. Never mind that we answered their stupid IMs, and unlocked so they could come in look around -they just did it anyway- over and over. One night resulted in 3 (three) visits from a game rep. No body got banned. No one got suspended. But it didn't stop the self-righteous game saviors, oh no - according to one of them - he and his friends were taking turns reporting us! Finally - my friends started to leave, one by one - and after a week or so, there were only two of us left. Then I quit, too.
So excuuuuuuuse me if I don't jump on your witch-hunt bandwagon. And those of you who are cheerleading this crap (you know who you are), if you see me IG - just stay the hell away - ok?

To those of you to whom this rant does not apply - I apologize for the outburst.
To those that it does - Bite me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What I'm not sure of (and I'm not very economically literate), is how would, say, I, becoming a sim millionaire effect other's game play?

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea of the zero sum economy is that when a lot of simoleans are in play, less will be rewarded by money objects, jobs etc. Botters would in-turn be "collecting" all of the simoleans, limiting the amount other players can gain. Not to mention, when cash-out is released, a whole new can of worms would be opened when the millionaire tries to sell all of his/her simoleans back to EA.

L

Laverne

ok so from what I understand then, is that none of us have ever any real hope of building a sim nest egg. Anotherwords the accumualtion of wealth is now impossible?

G

<blockquote><hr>

ok so from what I understand then, is that none of us have ever any real hope of building a sim nest egg. Anotherwords the accumualtion of wealth is now impossible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. It is still very possible. You just need to work 23/7/365 in order to accomplish it is all

Or pay EA 18 gazillion dollars and just buy your nest egg.

G

To be quite honest, I'm not sure HOW it is all going to work in the end. Luc has mentioned that payouts will jump up again after the botting situation is taken care of. I think they are banking on the idea that when people are given the opportunity to cash out, money will flow in and out of circulation smoothly. This is one thing I've always been a little uneasy over, because in reality just because somebody has the OPTION to sell back their money, it doesn't mean they will. A lot of people enjoy saving it, which will unfortunately put the economy on a freeze, I suppose. I guess we just have to wait and see.

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

Not at all. It is still very possible. You just need to work 23/7/365 in order to accomplish it is all

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since I can't play the game 24/7 and I refuse to give EA Games anymore money other than my monthly subscriptions, I guess I'm SOL.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its really not even THAT hard. Im sitting on over 200K in EAland now, and have only been playing for 25 days. Im sure there are many out there with much more than that.

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

Its really not even THAT hard. Im sitting on over 200K in EAland now, and have only been playing for 25 days. Im sure there are many out there with much more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Vap..Congrats on your success! You obviously play the game well and I admire your achievment.

This gives me some hope that actual, real, game play still exsists in this game.

No doubt the "have nots' will be on your butt.

Again, well done!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not impossible no, but we will no longer be able to get rich by spending all our time in game typing stories or playing pizza. We'll have to be creative with the ways we earn money - such as selling custom content, buying and selling real estate, sim jobs and our own creation of sim jobs (there was a suggestion on the blog recently about hiring ppl to keep stores open). Eventually we may have other options becoming available to us that we haven't even thought of yet.

Polly

V

vapd3317

LOL...yup,...Im sure I will get flamed by those that always want more. I just don't spend it. I bounce from the money houses to the factory and then back. There's no trick to it. I don't own a property that has visitors requiring food expenses, so its almost all simmie income until I leave a tip to the places I visit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Oh? Would you care to enlighten us? Or is this your attempt at burying the subject in hopes that is quickly goes away?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
What I have learned in my years on Stratics is: There is a discouraging number of knotheads who are willing (even anxious) to accept any kind of accusation at face value, but scoff at ANY kind of denial. They accept somebody's word as fact - hell, they accept RUMOR as fact. If someone said you had six fingers, some on here would believe it even if they could count them themselves.
This is like a little on-line soap opera where the story line is beyond belief, and yet, there are people who live for it.

NOIP
When I first started playing this game, it was with 6 of my friends. Not one - not a SINGLE one, is still around or interested in coming back. Know why? Because the vigilantes hounded them out of the game. We sat in our little locked lot to talk, goof off - whatever - and what did we get - "You're botting in there and I'm going to report you!". Never mind that we weren't. Never mind that we answered their stupid IMs, and unlocked so they could come in look around -they just did it anyway- over and over. One night resulted in 3 (three) visits from a game rep. No body got banned. No one got suspended. But it didn't stop the self-righteous game saviors, oh no - according to one of them - he and his friends were taking turns reporting us! Finally - my friends started to leave, one by one - and after a week or so, there were only two of us left. Then I quit, too.
So excuuuuuuuse me if I don't jump on your witch-hunt bandwagon. And those of you who are cheerleading this crap (you know who you are), if you see me IG - just stay the hell away - ok?

To those of you to whom this rant does not apply - I apologize for the outburst.
To those that it does - Bite me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you are talking about Donovan.
once when I was coding after finishing a round I put my 3 sims to bed and went to rl kitchen to make a sandwich and coffee. While I was there a friend dropped in who I made sandwich and coffee for as well. 20 minutes later I went back to my pc knowing they all would have timed out. When I went to go back in all 3 accounts were suspended. I had the doors locked to my lot so I guess it must have been someone reported me and I got a EA message I wasn't there to respond to. When I do code now, "or was, I haven't since the payouts went so low" most times I leave the doors unlocked. This costs as people drop in and I have to keep stopping to talk, make food and other things. It drops what can be made to around half as I cannot keep at it. I am sure people in a rl situation wouldn't like it if they felt they had to open their doors to everyone and let them come in their homes constantly, just to prove you are not doing anything illegal. There a lot of us in the game that like to do code, pizza or what ever by our selves. Its a fast way of making simoleans for what ever reason that person wants them for. There would be far more people would be doing that LEGALY, than there would be botters. All of whom at some time or other have had to put up with being accused of botting. All of whom have the right to privacy in their own property in this game as much as in rl.