• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOTS

G

I have just witnessed along with other what looks like bots running in a house - ive reported in game - they have been standing for nearly a hour now - I hope they are caught

I would like to add that the owner had no knowledge of this till they stopped playing and was standing there - we are leaving them there in time perhaps they will need a revivie lmao

G

well i can make my sim stand around til she dies if i dont get a mercy boot. But who knows it might be bots that messed up. I would consider a bot someone who is running around doing work objects and not replying to people. I have made it a personal go to keep an eye out for people who do not reply or say anything at all while they are jamming away or whatever. Afk is one thing but if someone is just afk they will eventually say something in response to an IM or in chat. I hope everyone makes a concerted effort like this to help get bots reported. Rock on with the fight!

V

ValarieNicoleBF

Sme people run 4 sims at a time for pizza, so it's not Always a bot, it could just be someone who had a RL something or other, and left their sims.

G

well im sure tso will be able to tell if they was using and remember u time out after 10 mins - and to play pizza u have to pick ingredients ?? as with maze u have to click route each step of the way if a sim walks away red and in need of greening you log it or green it - a sim cant pick the rout or ingredients from down stairs or across the street !!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sme people run 4 sims at a time for pizza, so it's not Always a bot, it could just be someone who had a RL something or other, and left their sims.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well these sims that have rl have been botting all weekend together - I think thats proof enough now either that or they can maze from wherever they are at the time lmao

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well these sims that have rl have been botting all weekend together - I think thats proof enough now either that or they can maze from wherever they are at the time lmao

[/ QUOTE ]
And you have been watching them the whole time?

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

I have just witnessed along with other what looks like bots running in a house - ive reported in game - they have been standing for nearly a hour now - I hope they are caught

I would like to add that the owner had no knowledge of this till they stopped playing and was standing there - we are leaving them there in time perhaps they will need a revivie lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on! this is beyond belief! Someone has their sim standing doing NOTHING for an hour and you get so incensed about it you post here, AND report them no less. I bet lot owners could do without customers like you.

The word botting is badly becoming overused. The bots that are the danger are the ones that produce an action over and over and over. raking in simoleans whilst the owner is away and not actively playig the game. Pizza bots, code bots. maze bots, even jam (or any single player money object) bots. These generally play much faster than you could yourself, will keep going until you shut it down, and just rake in vast amounts of money.

Every AFK player could be accused of what you are saying, every single skill house is FULL of them! And you are complaining about 1 player standing in front of a jam station not doing anything other than giving the lot owner some visitor time.

I

imported_Founder

There was a bot maze team that was witnessed yestarday. Every 15-30 seconds, both sims were yelling "WooHoo." They did that in a lot with 30 people in a property as well.

D

DGLita

Did you actually message any of the team? thats the clearest way of identifying if anyone is botting

G

I agree!

So if I use my sims to play code will get accused of botting?

Surely all these sims are guilty of is using an illegal 3rd party prog to prevent them selves timing out - or you wouldn't have even noticed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Did you actually message any of the team? thats the clearest way of identifying if anyone is botting

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm playing code or pizza (even if I;m only plaing it with one of my own sims) I dont answer IM's

O

ozzynowgone

so using your logic most of the ppl playing the game are using bots

maybe they just dont want to chat with ppl maybe they have been watching dvds

there are times that i dont chat with ppl so that means i must be a bot under your logic

this game would be much better if ppl would just worry about their own game play and not worry about what their neighbors are doing

id suggest if you all wanna be bot police go become real police and wipe out crime

G

Well honestly i didnt think there would be anyone against hunting down the bot users so that we could help straighten out this ga,e. But DING DING DING ur the winner. Maybe ur using bots? hmmmmmm. And maybe not, who cares, but something has to be done and if it takes me reporting everyone i see who is unresponsive and just keeps on a jammin away then i will.

M

mysticlisa516

I guess I better start chatting in houses then. I surely don't use a bot, but I also don't feel like chatting sometimes, but it seems some want to MAKE us talk. tsk tsk

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well actually for best part - YES - and that kinda indicates that i am a liar ?

I

imported_SimTripps

UGH - enough with the bot whining for Pete's sake! If a player suspects someone using a bot program or hack, certainly report it.... But players, regardless of how 'obvious' they think it appears, have no way of knowing FOR CERTAIN whether another player is using a bot program or hack. The only ones that can, upon investigation, are the server admins, since they're the only ones that have access to the server logs.

I've posted this before - Avatar monitoring for methodical click actions is about the only indicator the admins have in terms of detection. Bot users aren't altering game config files in any way, therefore they're not hacking, so it's less obvious. Any actions that are repetitive, with each action timed at the exact same interval each time, are major suspect. And even then it's not for certain, since some 'non-bot using' players could possibly be methodical clickers by nature lol...

The only way of knowing without a shadow of doubt that someone is using a bot program, is to either hack into their pc remotely to see what they've got running, or go pay them a real life visit and peer over their shoulder while they're playing TSO lol.. Most likely neither of these will happen...

G

Yer I do it for fun - i wasnt the only witness a full house witnessed it - perhaps i should have just let them get on with it and keep our paycuts low - cant dam well win here - damed if you do damed if your dont

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well honestly i didnt think there would be anyone against hunting down the bot users so that we could help straighten out this ga,e. But DING DING DING ur the winner. Maybe ur using bots? hmmmmmm. And maybe not, who cares, but something has to be done and if it takes me reporting everyone i see who is unresponsive and just keeps on a jammin away then i will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not against it no, quite the opposite in fact BUT you don't have all the facts in front of you.

Sure report any that you are SURE are botting not just anyone who dont talk to you.

Sometimes if I'm painting/jamming/typing at this time of day and cooking dinner I'll have my son click 'sell' then 'paint' and he is under strict instruction NOT to type anything at all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on! this is beyond belief! Someone has their sim standing doing NOTHING for an hour and you get so incensed about it you post here, AND report them no less. I bet lot owners could do without customers like you.

The word botting is badly becoming overused. The bots that are the danger are the ones that produce an action over and over and over. raking in simoleans whilst the owner is away and not actively playig the game. Pizza bots, code bots. maze bots, even jam (or any single player money object) bots. These generally play much faster than you could yourself, will keep going until you shut it down, and just rake in vast amounts of money.

Every AFK player could be accused of what you are saying, every single skill house is FULL of them! And you are complaining about 1 player standing in front of a jam station not doing anything other than giving the lot owner some visitor time.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU didnt read properly i didnt mention a jam table and actually the owner was peed off after 2 1/2 hours and booted em - keep your low payment and let the bots run - your comments towards me are unfounded

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yes of course

G

Thanks im glad someone else witnessed and posted - perhaps im not the liar now
HAGD

I

imported_Qute Pi

Ok I know I'm not the only one...

If I don't want to talk to you or anyone else, it's probably because I don't want to be bothered. Or maybe I'm watching one of my favorite tv shows? Or maybe I'm working on Custom Content? Or maybe I'm trying to cook dinner in RL. Or maybe I'm giving lots of love to my cats? Or maybe my rl bf is giving me [censored] because he had to repeat himself 3 times because I was paying too much attention to the game? Or maybe I'm reading the news online, or doing a survey? Or maybe I just don't want to be social.

I think its amusing you think I should (or anyone should) respond to YOU when you IM or speak to me/them, and if we don't we are using a bot.

One thing I've learned, most bot people hide on a "closed to the public" property. That still doesn't mean it's for sure a bot.

You did right by reporting them, but that's all you can do. Let the Dev team make the choice if it's a bot or not, don't just assume...

I personally have nothing to say 95% of the time, so most likely in any case I won't bother responding unless someone needs my help. lol.

(I think your original post was modified, but I'm sure I read that if they don't respond to you they are botting, which is what my opinion was towards.)

G

hmmm why would they time out if their using maze and not taking a break between - sort of a giveaway

G

Yes I agree I too am often imed with questions and quite often i've listed those answers in my sim or my houses bio and if so instead of constantly repeating the same answer i choose to ignore the sims who opened my house bio to enter the lot or my sim bio to im me with dumb questions that are answered in their 1st click.

As an example: one the dumbest are questions like "do u sell the blue moraccan chairs?" when right in front of their face sits bout 20 of them. LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

so using your logic most of the ppl playing the game are using bots

maybe they just dont want to chat with ppl maybe they have been watching dvds

there are times that i dont chat with ppl so that means i must be a bot under your logic

this game would be much better if ppl would just worry about their own game play and not worry about what their neighbors are doing

id suggest if you all wanna be bot police go become real police and wipe out crime

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone just close this post please - 30 people watched this happening - If people are going to diss everyone that trys to do them a favour in catching th bot culprits then let them have their low payouts - s for bot police i have better things to do with my time honey - it was just obvious I aint a new sim and i sure know some people dont respond to messages etc etc - keep your bots i dont care about the low payments particularly but i care about my fellows sims geting robbed -

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well actually for best part - YES - and that kinda indicates that i am a liar ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't say that - you did.
If other ppl are botting because they are in the game for long hours, then you (who has been on for long hours watching them) must be using some kind of a "watch" bot.
Shame on all you "Watch botters".

I

imported_SimTripps

foxy, you want a Hero Cookie or something? If you've reported it - great - now shut it already.

G

Hey guys... listen.. who knows if it was or wasn't.. point is they are out there and causing the rest of us to loose out on payouts because they are... she was only trying to help...

As for responding to IM's... with me now running multi sims... I don't always respond.. specially to those asking for money or like fester said... ummm questions that are right in front of their face.... If I know you from another city.. yes Ill respond.. but if Im in mist of updating websites and decide to go jam and make some money a bit... then forget my sim.. that does not mean I'm botting.. means im sidetracked. If it takes me longer to respond just means i'm in another screen doe not mean i'm botting. Specially now with the new window screen size. It's not as easy running multi and keeping up with everyone's convo's.

To be honest with you, I go skilling or money making.. I don't always talk in room. Unless I feel like it. There are times I just go in.. do what I went there to do .. green go do it again.. repeat till i get tired of it... then log.. Other times I'm non stop talkative... so you can't judge just by someone not talking in chat or in Im's.... everyone plays the game differently. yes report them.. but make sure your right.. if someone reports me for standing around.. sure ill be upset... but I also know that the dev team will look up in server logs and see.. it was just ladiluck trying to kill her sim again....lol ( i do that often - ask anyone who knows me from CC
) Foxy and Qute both know me.. i could be in full convo one sec and afk without notice.. ninja style..

Anyways.. foxy thanks for letting us know ... bots are out there and are effecting our gaming experience... stealing our hard earned simoleans... but not every afk person is a bot is all Im saying

L

legal1lpn

Oh how I agree with you ozzynowgone . Perhaps they should go to rehab...No..No..No..

O

ozzynowgone

could be ppl just dont wanna talk to you

maybe they know you are part of the bot police squad

or maybe you have a lousy personality and ppl just dont like you

that could be why you are on this witch hunt to find so called botters so you will belong to a group

keep up the bot police work after a few years of you reporting ppl taking a leak or eating dinner fast while the game is on and you and the rest of your bot squad might be the only ones left playing

maybe you will be happy then by yourself

O

ozzynowgone

also read my name here it says ozzynowgone i used to be ozzy in jolly pines and i cant be using a bot cause i quit the game 8 months ago

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey guys... listen.. who knows if it was or wasn't.. point is they are out there and causing the rest of us to loose out on payouts because they are... she was only trying to help...

As for responding to IM's... with me now running multi sims... I don't always respond.. specially to those asking for money or like fester said... ummm questions that are right in front of their face.... If I know you from another city.. yes Ill respond.. but if Im in mist of updating websites and decide to go jam and make some money a bit... then forget my sim.. that does not mean I'm botting.. means im sidetracked. If it takes me longer to respond just means i'm in another screen doe not mean i'm botting. Specially now with the new window screen size. It's not as easy running multi and keeping up with everyone's convo's.

To be honest with you, I go skilling or money making.. I don't always talk in room. Unless I feel like it. There are times I just go in.. do what I went there to do .. green go do it again.. repeat till i get tired of it... then log.. Other times I'm non stop talkative... so you can't judge just by someone not talking in chat or in Im's.... everyone plays the game differently. yes report them.. but make sure your right.. if someone reports me for standing around.. sure ill be upset... but I also know that the dev team will look up in server logs and see.. it was just ladiluck trying to kill her sim again....lol ( i do that often - ask anyone who knows me from CC
) Foxy and Qute both know me.. i could be in full convo one sec and afk without notice.. ninja style..

Anyways.. foxy thanks for letting us know ... bots are out there and are effecting our gaming experience... stealing our hard earned simoleans... but not every afk person is a bot is all Im saying

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't matter.

If you have more than one account - you are a botter.
If you have ever locked your lot - you are a botter.
If you don't chat - you are a botter.
If you don't answer ridiculous, insulting, or just plain stupid IMs - you are a botter.
If you play for longer than the ppl watching you - you are a botter.
If you have more stuff than the Watchers - you are a botter.
If you have more money that the Watchers - you are a botter.
If you have a bigger lot than the Watchers - you are a botter.
If you have a Mystic Tree - you are a botter.
If you have ever eaten fruit from a tree - you are botter - even your own (see above).
If you ever done anything not previously approved by the Watchers - you are a botter.
If you have ever denied being a botter - you are a botter.
If you play TSO - you are a botter (cuz there's nothing else to do).

Damn - I just outed myself...... and just about everybody else.

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

could be ppl just dont wanna talk to you

maybe they know you are part of the bot police squad

or maybe you have a lousy personality and ppl just dont like you

that could be why you are on this witch hunt to find so called botters so you will belong to a group

keep up the bot police work after a few years of you reporting ppl taking a leak or eating dinner fast while the game is on and you and the rest of your bot squad might be the only ones left playing

maybe you will be happy then by yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty nasty reply. I think some of you reply just be nasty. I don't think Foxy said she was on a witch hunt. We are all under a little stress because of the Bot concerns. The Devs said they have lowered the payouts in the process of putting an end to the Bot situation. I have no choice at this point but to hope they are being honest with us.

If Foxy and the other people at that house suspected someone was botting, I'm glad she reported them. If it turns out not to be the case then no one is hurt. I wouldn't like to be turned in for simply being AFK or non-social either but she did what she felt was right.

No need to be rude just because you can.

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

Doesn't matter.

If you don't answer ridiculous, insulting, or just plain stupid IMs - you are a botter.
If you have ever eaten fruit from a tree - you are botter - even your own (see above).
If you ever done anything not previously approved by the Watchers - you are a botter.

I be so brane

Uhh... yes to all of the above. I guess I'm a botter too. Now what do I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

Doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL!

G

*Tagging to last*

Just a reminder to the thread to obey the golden rule of Stratics:

A. Show respect at all times.

Please try to keep your opposition to the ideas, and not the personalities of the posters. If you absolutely must make this a personal arguement, please use the PM system.

Thank you,

~*Gilly*~

O

ozzynowgone

if her and the rest of the bot squad are actively searching for bots instead of just playing the game yes it is a group of ppl on a witch hunt

and yes she reported it as she stated in the post now who else gets reported

ppl that dont talk to her
ppl that dont respond
ppl that have bigger houses
ppl that have more stuff
when and where does it stop

when does it become a game again and she just plays it to enjoy it and talk to her friends

id suggest it would end when all the bots/witches are dead/gone

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]If you've ever had to hang a sign on your bathroom door that said "Out of Order - Diggin' New Hole," you might be a...

Sorry... wrong thread...

L

Laverne

Ozzy

I get what you are saying. I wouldn't want to be a target of a witch hunt simply because I had more of something than my fellow player. No where in her posts did I get that she was on a witch hunt. Calm down.

My first reply to you was concerning your insulting remarks to her. Not really neccessary or productive.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well said.

People have been trying to tell these bot hunters for years how crazed they come off. You've managed to point it out in a more humorous way than I could. TBH I have a lot more problem with these whiney bot hunting maniacs than with the botters.

I especially love the ones who complain about reporting somebody over and over and them not being banned. The concept of them actually being wrong, and the victim of their reports not being a botter, is simply beyond them. I'd really like to see some of these guys filing report after report of people who turn out to not be botters getting banned themselves for abuse of the reporting system. The fact that there is no downside to filing bogus, time wasting reports is a far worse problem IMO than botters.

TBH, I'd bet 95% or more of the people being reported for being botters are actually farmers - as in a human being sitting there who does nothing but make money and responds to nobody ever except for EA rep's. You can report farmers all day long, they're not violating the TOS.

Even in the rare event that an actual unattended macro gets caught, and his account banned, it takes 5 minutes for somebody with a basic understanding of computers and the internet to set up a new account and get back in the game.

G

Dude you don't have to be so nasty.. damn.. if your not playing game anymore.. then stop stressing yourself out so much

G

You really are being rude to peeps here. There really is no need of it. She is not out on any hunt. I know her personally and she is far from what you are describing.. so chill out.. take a pill or something and stop being rude to everyone that has something to say that you don't agree with.. relax its a game.. since your not playing .. why get all worked up

O

ozzynowgone

im not worked up at all i just think its nuts to constantly watch other ppl to see if they might be a dreaded bot just play the game

as you said relax its a game

just play your own game let the owners of the game worry about who the bots and cheaters are

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'd really like to see some of these guys filing report after report of people who turn out to not be botters getting banned themselves for abuse of the reporting system.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a system like this in place in the game, and some people have run a foul of it. There is also a rule against making accusations about other players being scammers or botters in the profile or house page....people have also been banned for that.

As you may imagine, they are generally outraged, that the Game Masters do not agree that their righteous cause, is above the law (ToS/UA), or that another EA customer, might view their behavior as griefing.

edited for grammar

G

Not replying to anyone in particular...

I have no doubt that these 2 players were bots. There's a big difference between being afk a few, and standing around 1+ hour, not responding to anything, even being lured around the property several times. Even if you are ignoring IM's and property chat, you would definately notice your sim moving around without you telling it to do so. I certainly would notice. We had quite a fun time with it too. This maze team was reported by several visitors, also one of the roomies who kicked them out when it was obvious the human controlling them was not coming back any time soon. We observed them for quite a long time.

Apparently posting about these things are not very well received, and open for bashing and nasty remarks. Since bots affect the payouts we all get, everyone should be worried about them, IMHO. People can exaggerate and mock all they want, its still a real problem. I'm just baffled by some of the responses here.

FYI, I'll never waste the little gametime I have, hunting bots...but, when they show up in the house I roomie in, I will not tolerate it. It affects all my other guests. Not to mention, instead of the botting sims, we could have 'real' players with their sims coming in. No doubt in my mind which ones I prefer. I'm pretty quiet myself at times, I don't mind people not talking...as long as people play by the rules.

O

ozzynowgone

they may have been bots but if they just stood there they werent making simoleans so who did they hurt

how did this in fact effect anyone with them standing in a room

unless there is some new way to make simoleans by simply standing in a room who is being hurt by someone standing there

ill repeat ppl need to just play the game and leave the bot police work to ea

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

Apparently posting about these things are not very well received, and open for bashing and nasty remarks. Since bots affect the payouts we all get, everyone should be worried about them, IMHO. People can exaggerate and mock all they want, its still a real problem. I'm just baffled by some of the responses here.

[/ QUOTE ]

LadyKatherine I agree. The mistake Foxy made was posting about the incident. She was slammed rudely. Accused of being on a witch hunt, referred to as being maniacal and "whiney".

No where did I see in her post that she was "hunting" anyone. Nor was she concerned with what other people had. She and others made an observation and she shared that observation on this forum.

The only people who seem to be "maniacal &amp; whiney" are those attacking her. Very sad.

G

You know as well as I do, they can't make money just standing there. Please don't make it sound like I even said that. The fact is, we are all hurting. It does affect every honest player in this game. They lowered the payouts on money objects because of bots.

I do play the game like I want to play it, by hosting and making sure my guests are happy. Bots do not make my guests happy.