• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Big changes to the Pet Power Calculator! (details)

Charlie

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I think something is wrong in the pet calculator :

I didnt realy know why my 4.3 cu became a 4.0 in a week-end ... maybe because of that ?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Searching for that Perfect Cu Sidhe?
Here are the minimum numbers to look for to find a Cu Sidhe that is at least 95th percentile at birth:

Stats: 600 / 119 / 276

Hit Points: 606 (Cu sidhe's max HP is 600. 95% of 600 = 570)

Resists: 62 / 43 / 81 / 48 / 81

Skills:
Wrestling: 95
Tactics: 95
Resisting Spells: 95
Anatomy: 95
Healing: 95
Poisoning: 0
Magery: 0
Eval Int: 0
Meditation: 0

S

Smokes To Much

Nice tool!!

Although if I had one complaint it seems to be weighted to much on resists. You could have a top notch GD with max resists, but everything else sucks and it would show as an exceptional pet.

Also as someone mentioned, the desired traits vary based on whether you plan on using the pet in PvM or PvP. In PvP the resists don't matter as much as the stats and skills, but with the way the calculator is set up resists would be the determining factor. Maybe you could add a toggle for PvM/PvP that changes the % weights accordingly.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everybody,
The first edition of UOCraft Mobile is up and running!
Just fire up a browser on your phone or tablet and go to: UOCraft.com Mobile. (m.uocraft.com)
The Mobile version of UOCraft contains the Pet Power Calculator, the Stable Slot Calculator, the Control Chance Calculator, and the Best Battle Pet Tool.
Of course, you can still view the full version of the site on your mobile devices via the standard URL, UOCraft.com . Pick your poison - the full interface or the mobile-customized version.
The mobile site is optimized for mobile browsers that support HTML5 (particularly, HTML5 form controls). Android Browser and Internet Explorer are a little behind on those features, but the experience should be as-intended in Safari on Apple devices, Google Chrome, Blackberry browser, Firefox, and Opera Mobile. (For example, if your browser doesn't support HTML5 form controls, you will not be brought directly to the numeric keypad when you click into a numeric text field; you'll have to switch from the alphabet keyboard to the number pad).
Being a new release, I do expect that there will be bugs - so, please, if you come across anything that doesn't seem to be working properly, or you have suggestions for improvement, let me know. The core functionality of each tool is identical to the full web version, so you should expect the same results.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me here, or on UOCraft.com | Facebook - the UOCraft facebook page. Thanks!
** NOTE: There may be a brief outage this weekend as I update my domain name registrar, but I don't expect anything extensive.

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everybody,
The first edition of UOCraft Mobile is up and running!
Just fire up a browser on your phone or tablet and go to: UOCraft.com Mobile. (m.uocraft.com)
The Mobile version of UOCraft contains the Pet Power Calculator, the Stable Slot Calculator, the Control Chance Calculator, and the Best Battle Pet Tool.
Of course, you can still view the full version of the site on your mobile devices via the standard URL, UOCraft.com . Pick your poison - the full interface or the mobile-customized version.
The mobile site is optimized for mobile browsers that support HTML5 (particularly, HTML5 form controls). Android Browser and Internet Explorer are a little behind on those features, but the experience should be as-intended in Safari on Apple devices, Google Chrome, Blackberry browser, Firefox, and Opera Mobile. (For example, if your browser doesn't support HTML5 form controls, you will not be brought directly to the numeric keypad when you click into a numeric text field; you'll have to switch from the alphabet keyboard to the number pad).
Being a new release, I do expect that there will be bugs - so, please, if you come across anything that doesn't seem to be working properly, or you have suggestions for improvement, let me know. The core functionality of each tool is identical to the full web version, so you should expect the same results.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me here, or on UOCraft.com | Facebook - the UOCraft facebook page. Thanks!
** NOTE: There may be a brief outage this weekend as I update my domain name registrar, but I don't expect anything extensive.
Omg.... I knew it had to happen sometime, and kit has gone and done it! Congratulations kitiara, well done.... The first (that I know ) Mobile app for UO! Glad it was you....;)

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, Startle! :) I'm glad to finally get this one done! You should see my dream UOCraft to-do list... ahhh... someday!! I have a whole re-vamped, customizable version of the Pet Power Calc in my head, just waiting for the massive amounts of time it would take to code it all! But with a little luck, I've got some free time on the agenda in 2013 :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooh, great work! Just tried it on my Kindle Fire HD - layout is lovely and I haven't found any bugs yet either. So certainly a big thumbs up here :)

Wenchy

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooh sweet! I forgot about the Kindle - they're marked as having good support of HTML5 so bravo to Amazon! Thanks for checking it out!!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is something screwed up with the calculator? I just had two cu sidhe drop from 4.6 and 4.8 respectively to 4.2 and 4.4. They're both fully trained. I'd understand if you had started weighting skills over 100 more heavily, but neither of these have skills over 100, and the differences in str in a cu sidhe aren't great enough to make that much of a difference.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ya, I just noticed Charlie's post further up. I put in perfect numbers for a cu sidhe, actually better than perfect because I had my max numbers for int 5 off, and only came up with a 4.7. So something is definitely broken.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys -

Nothing has changed in the calculation for cu's (actually, no changes have been made at all to the web calculator recently - the mobile version is a completely separate code base). I'm not sure what the issue is.

I just ran a perfect Cu through the web calc both with and without skills, and both scored 5.0.

Now, if the data in the calc for Cu's is off compared to the game, that would result in fluctuation. I haven't seen any official notice of anything changing with pets, though pet changes were discussed as a pretty big topic at the 15th anniversary event at EA Mythic a couple months back.

Here are the numbers I have in the calc as the max possible for cu's:

Max:

HP: 638
STR: 612
DEX: 125 if trained, 85 if untrained
INT: 290

Phys: 65
Fire: 45
Cold: 85
Poison: 50
Energy: 85

Skills - trained, max 100 on all skills except poisoning, magery, eval, and meditation, which are all zero.

When you guys put those numbers in, what do you get?

Do you have pets that exceed those numbers?

Hopefully we can find the discrepancy!

When I run those numbers through the calc (same result using Trained option with 125 dex), I get:

Your Pet’s UOCraft.com Power Rating: 5 [5 with skills included]

5 Stars Max
Your pet’s data [ - Cu Sidhe]:
You indicated that your pet is untrained.
Hit Points: 638
Str/Dex/Int: 612 / 85 / 290
Resists: 65 / 45 / 85 / 50 / 85

Skills:
Wrestling: 100
Tactics: 100
Resist: 100
Anatomy: 100
Healing: 100
Poisoning: 0
Magery: 0
Eval Int: 0
Meditation: 0
Compared to the most powerful Cu Sidhe, your pet [] falls into the following percentiles:

Resist Power Rating: 100 percentile. [Your pet: 100. Max resist rating: 100. Min resist rating: 74]

HP Power Rating: 100 percentile. [Your pet: 100. Max HP rating: 100. Min HP rating: 79]

Stat Power Rating: 100 percentile. [Your pet: 100. Max stat rating: 100. Min stat rating: 94]

Pet Values (% of max):
Stats: 100% / 100% / 100%
Hit Points: 100%
Resists: 100% / 100% / 100% / 100% / 100%

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ya, Kitiara, your numbers are off. My guess is you've been confused by a curse tamed cu, and you really shouldn't try to include those numbers because I don't think anyone knows exactly what the max's are. The normal max numbers for a trained cu sidhe that hasn't been curse tamed are:

HP: 600 Str: 612 Dex/Stam: 125 Int/Mana: 290 - Resists: 65 45 85 50 85

So it's your HP numbers that are wrong. They didn't used to be wrong.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've reset the cu max HP to 600. Not sure when it changed, but obviously I changed it! :) I usually post announcements when I change anything so that people know to expect variations in the calculation (which is also why I hesitate to make any major changes to the original formulas - at this point, people expect certain ratings to mean certain things, and changing the formulas would definitely cause confusion).

It is fixed now and I've posted an announcement to alert people to re-check any recently rated cu's. (Ugh... I just put a whole lotta dogs up on my vendor... re-check time!!) :)

Thanks for the heads-up and help in tracking down the source of the problem!