• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Sampire build ever!! (well in my opinion)

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see a lot of posts here about Sampire templates; Weapons, Armor, Stats, Tactics, and many other aspects of the Sammy. I have played many of the Sammy variations; Swords Wammy, Archer Sammy, Archer Wammy, Fencing Sammy, Swords Sammy and a few others.

Here is my favorite build, including Stats and total mods on character and why I chose them. I use this setup 99% of the time. Your real versatility lies in your weapons. The right ones will “make you”, and the wrong ones “Break you”, the difference is HUGE!

Race/Sex – Human* Female – human for the Jack of all trades, and female to fight Semidar.

Stats: totals, (Naked) / (With all armor & items on). I have eaten a +25 Stat, both hp and stam could go down a little. Keep Mana at, at least 50 or so.

Str/Hp. – (115/107) - (128/137)
Dex/Stam. – (120/120) - (130/153)
Int/Mana. – (20/20) - (25/51)

Skills: all skills are real skill, no skill mods on suit.

Bushido – 120
Chivalry – 75
Necro – 100
Parry – 65
Resist – 120
Swords – 120
Tactics – 120
TOTAL – 720

Disclaimer: I know not everyone has 120 scrolls available to them. I also have the same build on another account, but with caps of 115 in Bush/Sword/Tactic & resist. I dumped the 20 into Parry for 85 on that char.

Suit: again, I know not everyone will have all the resources for all the gear they want, right away. There are many, many viable options for different gear. I am simply listing what I believe to be the best balance of mods and Stats on the gear.

Slot: - Item: - Phy/fire/cold/poison/energy: - Other mods ;
Head - Mace & Sheild glasses - 25/10/10/10/10 - 30 HLD – 10 Str. – 5 Dex
Neck - Imbued/en. Gorget - 8/21/19/10/15 - 8 stam – 8 LMC
Torso - Rune Beetle Cara. - 5/3/14/3/14 - 10 mana – 3 MR – 15 LMC
Arms - Imbued/en. Arms - 10/22/9/12/7 - 5 HP – 8 mana – 8 LMC
Gloves - Imbued/en. Gloves - 13/18/9/16/8 - 5 HP – 8 stam – 8 mana
Legs - Imbued/en. Legs - 9/21/9/20/19 - 7 stam – 2 MR

RESIST TOTALS: 70/95/70/71/73

Back - Quiver of infinity - 5 DCI
Robe - Shroud of the Condemned - 5 int – 3 HP
Waist - Crimson Cincture - 5 Dex – 10 HP - 2 HPR
Ring - Imbued Turquoise ring - 15 HCI – 15 DCI – 1 FC – 5 ssi - 25 DI
Brac. - Imbued normal brac. - 2 Str.– 15 HCI– 15 DCI – 3 FCR – 25 DI
Tally - Conjurors Trinket (usually) - 1 Str. – 2 HPR – 10 HCI – 20 DI

TOTAL: mods and stats: 30 HLD – 40 HCI – 35 DCI – 70 DI (without weapon) – 5 ssi (ring) – 31 LMC – 1 FC – 3 FCR – 4 HPR – 5 MR – 23 HP – 23 stam – 26 mana – 13 Str. – 10 Dex. – 5 Int.

*- I mentioned above, I go with Human as my race, and here is why. The jack of all trades is more useful for me than the perks for Elf and Gargoyle. The base 20 in every skill comes in very handy, most of you know all the perks. The ones I use and that add value for me are: 20 spellweaving and get a natures fury scroll in the book too. Humans have lower special moves costs. The base regns are faster for a human, mana specifically. Those 3 things are worth giving up night sight and 20 in the mana pool, to me.

Weapons: also mentioned were weapons. Weapons are the key to your play style and survivability. I have seen a few new Sammy’s running around with Katanas, lately. There is usually a better weapon you could be using.

The first weapon I get to go fighting monsters with is a Radiant Scimitar, hopefully with near max Mana leech, Stam leech, and at least 30 Damage Inc. other mods area a bonus, you need these 3 to live. There is no better weapon for spawns in my opinion. They are one handed, do Whirlwind, and are 2.5 second base weapons (fast). As long as you are hitting enough monsters, you should not run out of HP (vamp form), Stam (weapon), or Mana (weapon).

In the case of tough monsters , you really MUST Honor them, Enemy of One and consecrate, for max damage. If you have a Slayer weapon, you would not need to Honor to get (Max DI 300% cap)

After that the weapons can be very specifically tailored to suit a particular spawn or type of monster you are going to hunt. The variations are too many to list. When hunting larger monsters,not spawns, the type of weapon and the special moves are Key.

I hope this helps. Like I said, it is what I found to be very effective. I am happy to provide more info on the weapons I use or other things about the build.

Regards,
Nyses

C

Connor_Graham

With the standard Sampire build, an elf gets just as much of a special moves reduction as a human due to the total skill points that are applied to it, so you can cross that off your list of things that are better.

S

Stupid Miner

Unsure why this template is better than the others? Perhaps an explanation?
Also, 1/3 casting seems odd.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Miner...an explanation? Quite frankly, from my perspective, the 120 Resist is wasted points, as a box, petals, and apples negate that. I see you getting hit far more often than I do with 120 parry as well. For swords, I agree on the scimmy, but a good set of rune blades/ornate axe and a good set of daishos, coupled with a standard sampire template works outstanding for me.

C

Connor_Graham

Also, with no anatomy he's doing a lot less damage than a template with it.

D

Diggity

Unsure why this template is better than the others? Perhaps an explanation?
Also, 1/3 casting seems odd.
I won't claim it is better, but I run a similar build and suit, also as human. From available chiv spells, bushido and weapon specials, I can always use mana to cast something that will make me more effective against whatever I am fighting. So maxing LMC and having MR on the suit is good. Likewise fc/fcr also becomes a nice to have. I don't run fc/fcr on my basic suit but I have an ornie and 1/3 ring to use as well. Human JAOT of 20 focus/med makes any MR on the suit more effective as well. Yes I run ML on weapons as well, but that doesn't help when I whiff. Having enough MR to quickly regen 3 mana for lightening strike is a lifesaver sometimes.

I run just 26 mana and have enough regen/leech to chain specials as well. The 20 extra mana from elf doesn't help me against mana drain/vamp so that is one advantage of elf that doesn't do much for me. I missed nightsight more before the nocturne earrings came out.

Since sampire is a pvm build, human strong back also is another advantage. I can carry 600 stones. I also don't like to carry pots so I've gone to 2-handed weapons. With >180 stamina, a 30 SSI doubleaxe hits harder than a radiant and also has good PVM specials moves - WW and doublestrike. But I agree radiants are very good and I keep a few for when I go to 3/6 fc/fcr mode since I no longer have >180 stam with the ornie on.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"Best Sampire build ever!! (well in my opinion)"

"The ones I use and that add value for me"

Good post Nyses. I agree being human is better. I don't necessarily agree with the skill levels but still good to see someone doing it their own way. Standard is another way of saying (& staying) average. Suit also looks better than most of the self apointed experts. You're right that most of it comes down to weapons but also what you intend to use it for.

S

Stupid Miner

I won't claim it is better, but I run a similar build and suit, also as human. From available chiv spells, bushido and weapon specials, I can always use mana to cast something that will make me more effective against whatever I am fighting. So maxing LMC and having MR on the suit is good. Likewise fc/fcr also becomes a nice to have. I don't run fc/fcr on my basic suit but I have an ornie and 1/3 ring to use as well. Human JAOT of 20 focus/med makes any MR on the suit more effective as well. Yes I run ML on weapons as well, but that doesn't help when I whiff. Having enough MR to quickly regen 3 mana for lightening strike is a lifesaver sometimes.
I was unclear. I was wondering what good a mere 1/3 was.
I use 4/6, helps enormously with paladin healing spells.
1/3 casting seems too low to make enough of a difference to justify the properties.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hesitated, going into great deal, initially, as it would have created a huge post. The reason I chose to create this sampire build and the way I refined it was with the intention of doing spawns. It works well for me.

There were a couple of questions as to why have resist, and why only 1/3 casting, not 4/6. Oh, and not having 120 anat, thus doing less damage.

The answers to all these questions can be gleened by going to the 3rd or 4th tier of almost any champ spawn out there, specifically try a Semidar or Neira.

More specifically, I only went 1/3 because, I do not cast enough Chiv spells to warrent the slots that 4/6 would use. Additionaly, I ran with 0/0 for a while , but when surrounded by spawn, I would still get interupted too much. 1/3 helps noticably, getting off the spells.

The resist vs Anat issue. I have 120 Anat on a soulstone. I only use it when I fight Paroxy or a non magic caster, DH too. I found that when you have a dozen Lich lords casting at you, or demons, having no magic resist will be the end of you VERY quickly. Yes, I know you have a Box, me too. The chain paras, and the damage are enough to end your life pretty fast. At least that was my issue. Get enough magic casters and the paras get chained.

As for the extra damage Anat provides, it is 65% which sounds like alot, but in practice, once you are honored, Eneny of One, and using a Slayer weapon, the additional damage it was negligible (for me). No big deal, I do PLENTY of damage to stay alive. This is where your weapon comes in. Use the right weapon and the right specials and it should not be a problem.

I play with guildmates that use different Sammy variations, than this. And they are good. Like I said in my original post, I see lots of Sammy questions, and I am just tossing in my 2 cents, (with Stats and Armor) hoping to helpout others. At least give them some food for thought.

C

Connor_Graham

As for the extra damage Anat provides, it is 65% which sounds like alot, but in practice, once you are honored, Eneny of One, and using a Slayer weapon, the additional damage it was negligible (for me).
Anatomy is not part of the same calculations as Perfection, EoO, and slayers. It affects base damage, not modified.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for the extra damage Anat provides, it is 65% which sounds like alot, but in practice, once you are honored, Eneny of One, and using a Slayer weapon, the additional damage it was negligible (for me).
Anatomy is not part of the same calculations as Perfection, EoO, and slayers. It affects base damage, not modified.
Yup, you are absolutly correct. Anat damage is in addition to the rest. My point was, It is more important for me, to have the resist than it is to do 200 damage to something instead of 245 (most of the time, it is more important). Like I said though, in some situations I will put on the 120 anat, in place of resist.

Connor, I am curious. What do you usually hunt with your Sammy? I ask, because that may explain a lot about the dirfferent setups we run. (but it could just be preference). I will look thru the post to see how you are set up. :)

C

Connor_Graham

Connor, I am curious. What do you usually hunt with your Sammy?
Everything. I've used him exclusively since I finished his template. The only time I use another char is when I plan on hunting in a group.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hesitated, going into great deal, initially, as it would have created a huge post. The reason I chose to create this sampire build and the way I refined it was with the intention of doing spawns. It works well for me.

There were a couple of questions as to why have resist, and why only 1/3 casting, not 4/6. Oh, and not having 120 anat, thus doing less damage.

The answers to all these questions can be gleened by going to the 3rd or 4th tier of almost any champ spawn out there, specifically try a Semidar or Neira.

More specifically, I only went 1/3 because, I do not cast enough Chiv spells to warrent the slots that 4/6 would use. Additionaly, I ran with 0/0 for a while , but when surrounded by spawn, I would still get interupted too much. 1/3 helps noticably, getting off the spells.

The resist vs Anat issue. I have 120 Anat on a soulstone. I only use it when I fight Paroxy or a non magic caster, DH too. I found that when you have a dozen Lich lords casting at you, or demons, having no magic resist will be the end of you VERY quickly. Yes, I know you have a Box, me too. The chain paras, and the damage are enough to end your life pretty fast. At least that was my issue. Get enough magic casters and the paras get chained.

As for the extra damage Anat provides, it is 65% which sounds like alot, but in practice, once you are honored, Eneny of One, and using a Slayer weapon, the additional damage it was negligible (for me). No big deal, I do PLENTY of damage to stay alive. This is where your weapon comes in. Use the right weapon and the right specials and it should not be a problem.

I play with guildmates that use different Sammy variations, than this. And they are good. Like I said in my original post, I see lots of Sammy questions, and I am just tossing in my 2 cents, (with Stats and Armor) hoping to helpout others. At least give them some food for thought.
When sammies first came out I had a very similar set up as yours, but if I remember correctly Necro came out a bit latter then the sammies did. I don't remember having the necro skill on mine at the time. But I think I had anatomy in its place and higher parry skill like 100.

I also used a large amount of mr and lmc and magic resist to keep me from being frozen by casters and mana drained. I used fc3/fcr6 combo and did honor eeo and lightening strike most of the time. I did not have a box at the time to break para due to more then anything ignorance. I tried going woith out the resist magic but it felt like going to battle with out armour on. I guess when your use to something for many years its hard to give it up.
This was when the paragons just went into the game, I killed a paragon balron which took me like 40 minutes and died like three times in the process,
but it was a great battle. I kinda lost interest after that because that seemed to be the ultimate thing to kill in the game besides a ancient paragon wyrm. Dragon). But those were just impossible to kill solo with a sammie at least back then.
With all the new lands, monsters, imbuing, I decided to start playing again, and change everything on my sammie as far as equipment, some skills and tatics of how to stay alive in the process. Makes for some new challenges, and hopefully great fun.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The two things that caught my eye were the DCI only at 35 and the parry at 65. Do you find you get hit a lot? Also, you mentioned you use this for abyss and undead champ spawns. Have you done an arachnid spawn with this template?

-OBSIDIAN-

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Obsidian, Yes, the DCI and parry are low, but I found that at spawns, no matter how high they both are, you still get hit a lot, especially by spells. Evasion will allow you to avoid the spell damage, but you cannot have that running 100% of the time and damage still gets thru. If I were only fighting peerless in more "one on one" type fights, I would probably go higher on the DCI and Parry.

And, yes, I do Mephs, solo,if no guildies are around or want to come help. The only spawn I have not done solo is Oaks.

One thing I have not mentioned yet, most of the time I prefer to run without pots, petals, potions, or any of that stuff. Only reason is, when you die at a spawn, almost always some or all of that stuff gets looted. It eventually is too much of a hassle to find the looted stuff. It ended up being a lot faster, for me, to learn to run without those things.

S

Stupid Miner

Parry is supplemental, like Anatomy: helpful but not essential. (actually Anatomy's probably better than Parry)

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Parry is supplemental, like Anatomy: helpful but not essential. (actually Anatomy's probably better than Parry)
Yup, some of my guildies run with 65 Anat,instead of 65 Parry. I use the counterstrike move when I am fighting single creatures, and in PvP (defending/fighting over spawn). It also helps a surprising amount against archers.

A lot of the template for me, boils down to the fact that I am lazy. I don't like having to remember to change skills out, depending on the fight. And as I stated earlier, keeping stocked up on, and losing pots and that stuff, gets old.

If you are good about stocking up on supplies and changing skills out, you can definantly get a lot more out of the Sammy.

S

Stupid Miner

Yup, some of my guildies run with 65 Anat,instead of 65 Parry. I use the counterstrike move when I am fighting single creatures, and in PvP (defending/fighting over spawn). It also helps a surprising amount against archers.

A lot of the template for me, boils down to the fact that I am lazy. I don't like having to remember to change skills out, depending on the fight. And as I stated earlier, keeping stocked up on, and losing pots and that stuff, gets old.

If you are good about stocking up on supplies and changing skills out, you can definantly get a lot more out of the Sammy.
Ah, hehe, laziness, the number 1 reason for the odd variegations within my template.
I prefer the one char/suit/template for every situation approach too, with the exception of weapons, which is unavoidable.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couple of questions for u.

What are these spells you are casting in the middle of a spawn when you're surrounded by casters? I can't help but think trying to cast chiv heals cures or remove curses in this type of situation would be of no real benefit.

Also, are you using evasion with your low parry? If yes how effective is that for you?

Interesting looking template btw :>

C

Connor_Graham

Yup, add Healing to that mix and you're set. I still haven't gone back to my normal template. :party:

C

Connor_Graham

i dont see the point of mana regen on armor as sampire
Ever die with no mana regen on your armor, and needing 20+ mana just to cast vamp form, much less be able to heal yourself?

B

BeefSupreme

Including conjurer's garb, I run 6 mana regen and 40 LMC.
Both of them are on the suit for 1 purpose. The only time I get in trouble is
mana drains. Those two items mostly negate it.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couple of questions for u.

What are these spells you are casting in the middle of a spawn when you're surrounded by casters? I can't help but think trying to cast chiv heals cures or remove curses in this type of situation would be of no real benefit.

Also, are you using evasion with your low parry? If yes how effective is that for you?

Interesting looking template btw :>
Hi Mistura, The two spells I will use when surrounded by spawn are Consecrate weapon (can make a HUGE damage differnce depending on the monster) and Divine fury occasionally (if I get insta stam drained or just miss the Stam leeach when needed)

I almost never heal in the fight, I rely on the Vamp leech for that. If I have to run, I will evade, consecrate and Chiv heal. And hope that lingering explode does not take me out, lol.

I use Evasion all the time, ecpecially against the higher level magic casters. It works well enough for me. I see a fair amount "evaided" while fighting GIANT piles of spawn. I also can hear it working when I have to PvP with my char, especially against archers. :)

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever die with no mana regen on your armor, and needing 20+ mana just to cast vamp form, much less be able to heal yourself?
girana, Connor is spot on. The 2 MR on the legs was an experiment. I knew I wanted RBC for the regen and the mana though. After you die, it is a pain in the butt waiting around to get mana for the Vamp form.

Additionally, there are times when Rikki or one of the Mobs, just trashes you and you find yourself virtually all redlined. Need mana to heal up, EoO, other spells? too, and get back to fitghting, sooner rather than later. :)

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, add Healing to that mix and you're set. I still haven't gone back to my normal template. :party:
Connor,

So you are talking about this template modification you mentioned on another thread?

I've been tossing around the idea of dropping parry, adding healing, and bumping tactics up to 120 for the extra 20% base damage increase. I haven't tried it yet, but I made an imbued daisho today that I'm going to try out against para succubi and see how things go.
Would you mind posting your revised template if you have a chance? I'm guessing it's something like:

120 weapon
120 bushido
120 tactics
99-100 necro
100 anatomy
xx chivalry?
xx healing?

Thanks!

C

Connor_Graham

Connor,

So you are talking about this template modification you mentioned on another thread?

Would you mind posting your revised template if you have a chance? I'm guessing it's something like:

120 weapon
120 bushido
120 tactics
99-100 necro
100 anatomy
xx chivalry?
xx healing?

Thanks!
120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Necro
60 Chiv (use +15 Chiv turquoise ring)

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Necro
60 Chiv (use +15 Chiv turquoise ring)
Thanks a lot, Connor. Out of curiosity, are you still swapping out anatomy for SS or resist spells depending on the situation?

By the way, that's one amazing weapon you crafted and showed on the other thread!

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Mistura, The two spells I will use when surrounded by spawn are Consecrate weapon (can make a HUGE damage differnce depending on the monster) and Divine fury occasionally (if I get insta stam drained or just miss the Stam leeach when needed)

I almost never heal in the fight, I rely on the Vamp leech for that. If I have to run, I will evade, consecrate and Chiv heal. And hope that lingering explode does not take me out, lol.

I use Evasion all the time, ecpecially against the higher level magic casters. It works well enough for me. I see a fair amount "evaided" while fighting GIANT piles of spawn. I also can hear it working when I have to PvP with my char, especially against archers. :)
Thanks for clearing that up!

You mentioned your build is designed mainly for the spawns, not needing parry and no anat which doesn't necesserily work for going up against peerless.

How do you cope when you then have to go toe to toe with the champ at the end of a spawn? I could see it being tricky against semidar, meph and neira..?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This change in the proposed pub 64 is interesting:

The 20 skill points from humans’ “Jack of all Trades” will no longer apply to the skill points required for the mana discount on special moves. If players do not have 200 or more modified points in various combat skills (Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Throwing, Parry, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido, and Ninjitsu), their special moves will use the full mana cost
It's going to affect human templates with just weapon skill and bushido (no parry) from using JOAT to get to 300 combined skill points. Not a huge deal, but something to note.

-OBSIDIAN-

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love playing a Sampire, and thanks to everyone for the abundant posts on this template. I am currently soloing Lurg and Miasma pretty well, but having a great deal of trouble with Greater Dragons in Destard.

With respect to the mana regen issue - I do not rely on regen at all for mana. It is far too slow. Even at 6 MR, by the time I have recovered enough mana for a fight, my enemy is fully healed. So instead, after being rez'd or just out of mana, I run off and find weaker spawn to kill. With Mana leech, I quuckly get back to full health, stamina and mana - much faster than regen could ever do.

And as far as healing. I just dropped parry and added healing (with 100 anatomy) and so far am impressed. I still rely on VE leech of course. But instead of having to use a 1 handed weapon and chug healing potions when I am near death, I can now wield a 2-handed weapon and use a bandage. I had no idea that bandies do not require a free hand! So - this means better life leech with the harder-hitting weapon, and healing also allows me to not rely on Confidence for healing. Those mana points are better spent on offensive things like LS, and true defense, live Evasion.

I still want to tweak it, and maybe try to fit in a little parry or resisting spells. But I am going to keep trying healing, because it seems to have some very good benefits.

C

Connor_Graham

What situations would you use Spirit Speak over Anatomy, and vice versa?
The only time I use SS is against Travesty when I can't use vamp form. Other than against necro casting creatures, Anatomy is used in all cases. Against necro casters Resist is used.

S

Stupid Miner

What situations would you use Spirit Speak over Anatomy, and vice versa?
The only time I use SS is against Travesty when I can't use vamp form. Other than against necro casting creatures, Anatomy is used in all cases. Against necro casters Resist is used.
SS is also useful against enemies you aren't doing enough damage to in order to stay alive.
(better leeching)

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love playing a Sampire, and thanks to everyone for the abundant posts on this template. I am currently soloing Lurg and Miasma pretty well, but having a great deal of trouble with Greater Dragons in Destard.

With respect to the mana regen issue - I do not rely on regen at all for mana. It is far too slow. Even at 6 MR, by the time I have recovered enough mana for a fight, my enemy is fully healed. So instead, after being rez'd or just out of mana, I run off and find weaker spawn to kill. With Mana leech, I quuckly get back to full health, stamina and mana - much faster than regen could ever do.

And as far as healing. I just dropped parry and added healing (with 100 anatomy) and so far am impressed. I still rely on VE leech of course. But instead of having to use a 1 handed weapon and chug healing potions when I am near death, I can now wield a 2-handed weapon and use a bandage. I had no idea that bandies do not require a free hand! So - this means better life leech with the harder-hitting weapon, and healing also allows me to not rely on Confidence for healing. Those mana points are better spent on offensive things like LS, and true defense, live Evasion.
Don't forget though, if you have no parry there is no point in casting evasion as it will not do anything.

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure about that. I have 0 parry, but when fighting Greater Dragons, I do get the *evades* message.
Note that the most important thing to me about evasion is avoiding breath damage. I hate it when I am retreating, and 12 tiles away I am killed by a breath attack.

J

[JD]

SS is also useful against enemies you aren't doing enough damage to in order to stay alive.
(better leeching)
Wait, i thought vampire form leeching was 20%. Are you saying with SS instead of 0 or JOAT, somehow I would leech more than 20%?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait, i thought vampire form leeching was 20%. Are you saying with SS instead of 0 or JOAT, somehow I would leech more than 20%?
No, it means you can cast CW and get 50% from that on top of the 20% from vamp form.

Thunderz

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Best Sampire build ever!! (well in my opinion)"

"The ones I use and that add value for me"

Good post Nyses. I agree being human is better. I don't necessarily agree with the skill levels but still good to see someone doing it their own way. Standard is another way of saying (& staying) average. Suit also looks better than most of the self apointed experts. You're right that most of it comes down to weapons but also what you intend to use it for.
+1 again.

Human for 20 focus, med, anat, resist, parry, hiding, lore; dependant upon what your plate is missing etc etc.

Resist seems to be a luxury I miss for healing, but feel that in spawns resist would be lovely.

I also have lost parry for anat, finding the extra damage helps keep me alive and allows me to have healing on the plate...

I'd love a plate like this, but need to make *another* melee bushi warrior....

nice post, cheers for providing your thoughts for all the newer players!

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Suit also looks better than most of the self apointed experts.
I duno about self appointed here, the readers keep asking questions of members by name.

I posted in another thread, I mentioned I had changed my suit up, figured I would share. My motivation was Doom, I was in there a lot and looting items for relic frags, waiting for arties (incidentally, if I took in 3 or 4 weapons and a fully repaired suit, I would get about 3 arties before I needed to leave for repairs) So, I decided I wanted a cheap easily replacable Sammy suit, with Luck (why not?)

I eventually made a 2nd verion, that was all powedered to 255, still with luck, but the suit (not jewels) only required, 20 relic frags, 50 Chaga Mushrooms, about 40 bora pelts and 30 Luminasant Fungi. All the rest is gems and residue or enhanced essence.

Suit Stats: 70/95/61/66/61, 720 Luck, HPR 4, MR 2, HPI 25, Stam Inc. 21, Mana Inc 26, 1/3 casting, 3SDI, 36 LMC, 40 HCI, 35 DCI, 10 SSI, 70 Damage inc, 30 Hit Lower D.

Slot: - Item: - Phy/fire/cold/poison/energy: - Other mods
Head - Mace & Sheild glasses - 25/10/10/10/10 - 30 HLD – 10 Str. – 5 Dex
Neck - Imbued Gorget - 15/6/8/8/11 - 5 HPI - 7 SI - 7 MI - 100 luck 7 LMC
Torso - Imbued Chest - 8/20/18/5/6 - 5 HPI - 6 Mana - 100 Luck - 7 LMC
Arms - Imbued Arms - 10/19/18/18/7 - 7 Stam - 100 Luck - 7 LMC
Gloves - Imbued Gloves - 5/20/3/18/9 - 5 HPI - 6 MI - 100 Luck - 7 LMC
Legs - Imbued Legs - 7/20/4/7/18 - 7 SI - 7 MI - 100 Luck - 7 LMC

Back - Rangers Cloak - Kinetic E. 5 - SDI 3 - LMC 1 - SSI 5
Robe - Conjurers Garb - MR 2 - Luck 140 - DCI 5
Waist - Crimson Cincture - 5 Dex – 10 HP - 2 HPR
Brac. - Imbued normal brac. - 2 Str.– 15 HCI– 15 DCI – 3 FCR – 25 DI
Tally - Conjurors Trinket (usually) - 1 Str. – 2 HPR – 10 HCI – 20 DI
Feet - Soles of Providence - 80 Luck
Ears - Night Sight Earings

So all the above is without a weapon, so a little DI and the rest of what I need on a weapon and I am off. I know the resist are not all 70's, but the 2 most important ones are. Had I not wanted Luck, that is 500 points of suit weight that I could EASILY have funneled into resists, the LMC and more Mana.

Now here is the secret to the suit (and I have yet to read a post on the boards about it). RED DRAGON SCALE ARMOR - count the number of properties on the individual pieces ( or what you believe the number of properties to be)

Y

Yen Sid

Eek! I hope that ring already had the FC1 on it or else what a waste of a potentially perfect Turquoise Ring...

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eek! I hope that ring already had the FC1 on it or else what a waste of a potentially perfect Turquoise Ring...
Why? I went back and purposfully put 1/3 on my jewels. What would you have used insted of the 1 fc? just curious.

Edit: I actually don't remember how that ring was crafted up ( what properties) but I knew I was after the 1/3, on the set.

Y

Yen Sid

Why? I went back and purposfully put 1/3 on my jewels. What would you have used insted of the 1 fc? just curious.

Edit: I actually don't remember how that ring was crafted up ( what properties) but I knew I was after the 1/3, on the set.
Currently I have a couple rings,

5 SSI, 15 HCI, 15 DCI, 25 DI, 15 Fire (on Sampire) (made with 5ssi and like 7 fire resist)

Same but with 15 Bushido instead of 15 fire (on ABC) (made with 5ssi and 5 in a different skill in the same category so I changed it to Bushido, can also be changed to Anatomy if needed but I had that at 115 anyway, bush is the harder one to raise on an archer ;))

If I had a choice on the properties, probably 8 Dex or 8 Str, depending on if I needed the dex or not. So I guess if that is the perfect ring for you, its not wasted ;). I just know I have burned through ~1000 or so Turquoise and I haven't got too much to show for it lol.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya, those turquoise rings are a Royal pain to craft, seems only about 1 in 20 tries actually gives a 5 SSi ring, the rest do not have it, or were failures, :(

I have a small stockpile of them now, about 20, but I went thru about 1500 turquoise to get those. Most have stats I do not need/want, but you know that, ;) lol. You too I bet

TheGhostRaider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many template available to us. It was nice of Nyses to share in detail. Like he mention, we are fell free to modified and try suit and skill. Often is the weird template that give us a edge. I have try many template, move skill around using all the idea from ppl . A template is a good as the guy who play this game. We all have a valid reason to choice the build that we use. I have seen both side of the build and often see some Oooo. If someone have a doubt about why ppl do it, give it a try and see for your self.

J

[JD]

Now here is the secret to the suit (and I have yet to read a post on the boards about it). RED DRAGON SCALE ARMOR
interesting idea on the dragon scale armor... i checked out the material properties and it is +10 fire, -3 cold. usually there is an abundance of cold, doesn't seem like there is any downside...

but question, did you enhance to create this armor? create with regular armor (but what type, tailored?), pof, imbue, enhance? how bad was the breakage?

as a bonus, red dragon scale armor looks pretty cool too :D