• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Attended scripters] How do I escalate when GM's do nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mitzlplik_SP

Actually, that's a flawed comparison. But you already know that. You have to. Really, you have to. You can't really be comparing playing a game to have fun with allowing people to speed and put people at risk of losing their lives. Really, you can't be doing that. Really really really.

If you think that allowing people to use scripts in a GAME to putting people's REAL LIVES at risk....well, I can't even express what I want to say about you on this board if you have that opinion. Not without getting kicked off. I will simply say this....wow!
Really? Really? I mean reeeeeally? Your REALLY going to be so literal? I mean really,thats like someone correcting someones spelling....really! I really can`t express what I want to say about YOU,cause I REALLY don`t want to be kicked either,I mean REALLY! :hahaha:

D

D'Amavir

Hey, you're the one that's replying to me, and quoting me, when I was responding to someone else. I'm just not a big fan of always quoting people..You even quoted me, when I quoted trammyhater guy.....you feeling ok?
The first time I quoted you I was making a point based on your comment even if that comment was made quoting another poster. If your comment regarding 'powerscrolls' was not meant towards me, the I apologize.

D

D'Amavir

Really? Really? I mean reeeeeally? Your REALLY going to be so literal? I mean really,thats like someone correcting someones spelling....really! I really can`t express what I want to say about YOU,cause I REALLY don`t want to be kicked either,I mean REALLY! :hahaha:
Ahh, glad to hear you didn't really mean what you said. I was right after all. Whew, I was beginning to worry. Anyone that really had the view that you posted would need some serious counseling. Glad that's not the case. But, in the future, you might want to actually mean what you post or at least put a little 'I am kidding' type comment afterwards so people won't get the wrong idea about your state of mind.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

I don`t care what peaple think about me or my state of mind.If you or anyone else has to take everything so literal than maybe its you that needs a nap on a counselor`s couch.

Your the one who....... ya know what,I`m not even going to try and explain to you how analogies work because you`ve already made it way to obvious you wouldn`t get it anyways.:coco:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Err, ummm, seriously, are you feeling ok? Surely his sarcasm didn't go that far over your head? REALLY REALLY ? hehe ok,I"m done..

I

Ifful

Does everyone remember the guy in the painted caves farming on multiple shards 24 / 7 ?? It was plain as day that he was scripting yet I bet he was paged on 100's of times and no action was taken until a HUGE thread with screenshots appeared on stratics (it's bc he was SEMI-Attended). Anyway.... I've got a smaller version of that on my home shard. No one is perpetually on as much as this person is and doing the things he's doing makes it blatantly obvious he's scripting. I've paged probably 20 times over the course of weeks and nothing has been done. My Question to you all is.. I know there's some EMAIL that I can send a detailed report to... to get this handled.. I just don't know what it is..

Anyone?

And to head off those that disagree with me..

I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT.

I'm not stupid.. I have my "proof" I just chose not to share it with stratics peeps. It's obvious it's a script & I'm simply choosing to take the info to those that can possibly do something about it.

Thx.

You might try the White House at 202-456-1111.

OR, you can grow up, and accept the fact that you don't have a shred of a clue that anything against the RoC was being done there. It could just have easily been a time-sharing group of super-intelligent chipmunks. Or, perhaps it was a group of time sharing semi-intelligent humans intent on farming all day with a single character.
Or, quite possibly, your opinion is DEAD ON THE MARK and the nefarious fiend is destroying the UO economy.
If you actually had any "proof" then you can take it to Jeremy or the in-game GMs. If they refuse to do anything about it, it is because they either:

A. Believe you but are too lazy to do anything.
B. Disagree with your assessment that whatever evidence you have consitues "Proof" of violation.

Either way, your options are the following:
A. Get over yourself and start enjoying the game.
B. Quit.
C. Continue making a stink about it on Stratics. We could use a few laughs around here anyway.

Be well.

D

D'Amavir

I don`t care what peaple think about me or my state of mind.If you or anyone else has to take everything so literal than maybe its you that needs a nap on a counselor`s couch.

Your the one who....... ya know what,I`m not even going to try and explain to you how analogies work because you`ve already made it way to obvious you wouldn`t get it anyways.:coco:
Analogies are one thing. But when the analogy is so far off base it proves to be more harmful than helpful in getting a point across. Using real life analogies are bad enough, but when you stoop to using one so far off from the actual topic it leads people to thoughts about you that you might not want.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this point why shouldn't EA just give up and allow scripting. It isn't like there is any conventional way to stop it. Just level the playing field and let everyone do it if they choose.

Cop watchin a busy highway says to his partner,we can`t bust em all,this is stupid,we should just raise the speed limit to what the speeders are traveling.Problem solved than we could go for donuts!

Unbelievable.

I love all the defense for cheaters on these boards.
Idiot. I have been one of the biggest opponents of scripting in game.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Idiot. I have been one of the biggest opponents of scripting in game.
Me? idiot? Personal attacks eh?

Originally Posted by Gheed
At this point why shouldn't EA just give up and allow scripting. It isn't like there is any conventional way to stop it. Just level the playing field and let everyone do it if they choose.
Well said for an opponent of scripting.

D

D'Amavir

Think we just hit a new record on the hypocrisy meter.
Oh? Did you make a post that I missed? Care to share it with me? Or are you one of those that just quote people and really have nothing to say other than a petty insult?

R

RoycroftLS

Oh? Did you make a post that I missed? Care to share it with me? Or are you one of those that just quote people and really have nothing to say other than a petty insult?
I was simply pointing out that you got so concerned with the semantics behind what people were saying, that you were just as off topic as the people you were criticizing.

Look, we get it. You have a different viewpoint on the scripting issue than a lot of people. While I may not agree with you, I'll at least listen to the reasons why you feel that way.

But this isn't the first time you've come into a discussion treating it like a law case instead of well, a discussion. There doesn't always have to be a definitive right or wrong answer, and each thread doesn't get scored on who made the most definitive or elegant thoughts.

Most importantly, people should be allowed to air their opinions without having their words nitpicked to death by someone with an opposing point of view. Few people have the time or desire to make an airtight argument with every forum post about an online game.

E

Eslake

I like fire myself. Its pretty. As for the 'how does it affect your gameplay' part, that's just an honest desire to actually hear the answer from someone.
We HAVE answered that question, more times than I care to try to count.
You ignore the answers because they don't suit your objective.

Here's a question back to you though.. a challenge really.

Why do you play Multiplayer Games instead of Single Player Games?

My challenge - to answer that question without at the same time answering your Own question as to how others' actions effect us in the game. ;)

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perfect example how people cannot take a hint when their posts are removed and keep harping on the same, only escalating with every post.
Congratulations, you just got this thread trashed into oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.