• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Attended scripters] How do I escalate when GM's do nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does everyone remember the guy in the painted caves farming on multiple shards 24 / 7 ?? It was plain as day that he was scripting yet I bet he was paged on 100's of times and no action was taken until a HUGE thread with screenshots appeared on stratics (it's bc he was SEMI-Attended). Anyway.... I've got a smaller version of that on my home shard. No one is perpetually on as much as this person is and doing the things he's doing makes it blatantly obvious he's scripting. I've paged probably 20 times over the course of weeks and nothing has been done. My Question to you all is.. I know there's some EMAIL that I can send a detailed report to... to get this handled.. I just don't know what it is..

Anyone?

And to head off those that disagree with me..

I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT.
I'm not stupid.. I have my "proof" I just chose not to share it with stratics peeps. It's obvious it's a script & I'm simply choosing to take the info to those that can possibly do something about it.

Thx.

R

Rix/\

SO your saying you know that your 100% sure they are indeed scripting, and you don't know where to send complants for that too?

Maybe spend more time on learning about UO contacts then trying to learn how and if someone is scripting?

Rather you want to hear it or not it's coming.

Maybe he is scripting I wouldn't know, but this is like the 5th thread I seen this week of players trying to play script police and not know where togo to report it?

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly I don't think we need another complaint thread about scripting. That's not NEARLY as bad as the dupers ruining the economy. The kits the scripters get are at least REAL ones.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get a life....

Your the problem here. What your are is griefer plain and simple.

Your so bored with the game that you have nothing better to do than and try and be a policeman without any proof whatsoever. Your screenshots mean diddly squat.

There is already a thread on Stratics here about how vacant the shards are and players such as yourself want to ban even more players.

How is this going to help UO community?

Last month I spent aproximately 6-8 hours a day doing smithing quests for about 5 days trying to get Over Seer Sundered Blade recipe. Did I get it...Nope. What I got was a $%$#^&% Migrane.

And I have no desire at all to go back and do more "Cut Boths Ways" Quests. I got jack diddly for all the time I spent there.

The Heartwood Quests are absolutely brutal and there is no enjoyment doing the quests.

With all the other new games out there on the market today attracting new players I don't think it's in the best interests of the UO community to start policing themselves.

These witchhunts need to stop and people need to not worry about what other players are doing. We who love this game already have concerns about how much longer UO will be around.

This is a game that is essentialy outdated using the same circa 1997 client for it's 2D users. It's not like we're attracting more players yet a large portion of the playerbase wants to ban other players. We can't even get the game on a shelf at the local computer retail outlets. Go find some portion of the game that you enjoy and do simply that. Enjoy it.

At this juncture in the game people should be free to do as they please. That means unattended macroing etc. It hurts no one.

I'm not sure how many players or EA for that matter are aware at how populated or how many Freeshards there are but if they were all still playing on OSI shards this game would still be hopping and bopping. But people leave OSI shards because they have the freedom to do what they want on other shards without worry about griefers like yourself.

Everyone needs to lighten up and just enjoy the game in whatever fashion they deem fit without harrasing other players which is exactly what your doing.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thx Adam.

*SIGHS* It was a simple request....

Actually Rix I didn't SAY I was 100% sure but I AM. The evidence might not convice others 100% but convincing those that can do something about it is all I really care about. OH... have you heard the saying

"There's no such thing as a stupid question??"
Or perhaps...
"A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything.”

&

Spoony... did you know that these forums come with this nifty feature that a thread that doesn't get any attention will fade away into the depths ?? btw.. thx for the reply's and keeping this front page... :D

D

D'Amavir

Get a life....

Your so bored with the game that you have nothing better to do than and try and be a policeman without any proof whatsoever. Your screenshots mean diddly squat.

There is already a thread on Stratics here about how vacant the shards are and players such as yourself want to ban even more players.

Last month I spent aproximately 6-8 hours a day doing smithing quests for about 5 days trying to get Over Seer Sundered Blade recipe. Did I get it...Nope. What I got was a $%$#^&% Migrane.

And I have no desire at all to go back and do more "Cut Boths Ways" Quests. I got jack diddly for all the time I spent there.

The Heartwood Quests are absolutely brutal and there is no enjoyment doing the quests.

With all the other new games out there on the market today attracting new players I don't think it's in the best interests of the UO community to start policing themselves.

These witchhunts need to stop and people need to not worry about what other players are doing. We who love this game already have concerns about how much longer UO will be around.

This is a game that is essentialy outdated using the same circa 1997 client for it's 2D users. It's not like we're attracting more players yet a large portion of the playerbase wants to ban other players. We can't even get the game on a shelf at the local computer retail outlets. Go find some portion of the game that you enjoy and do simply that. Enjoy it.

At this juncture in the game people should be free to do as they please. That means unattended macroing etc. It hurts no one.

I'm not sure how many players or EA for that matter are aware at how populated or how many Freeshards there are but if they were all still playing on OSI shards this game would still be hopping and bopping. But people leave OSI shards because they have the freedom to do what they want on other shards without worry about griefers like yourself.

Everyone needs to lighten up and just enjoy the game in whatever fashion they deem fit without harrasing other players which is exactly what your doing.
:thumbup1:

If people did more 'enjoy the game' and less 'harass other players' this game would be so much better. Not that I see that ever happening. But its good to imagine a world where it does at least.

D

D'Amavir

Thx Adam.

*SIGHS* It was a simple request....

Actually Rix I didn't SAY I was 100% sure but I AM. The evidence might not convice others 100% but convincing those that can do something about it is all I really care about. OH... have you heard the saying

"There's no such thing as a stupid question??"
Or perhaps...
"A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything.”

&

Spoony... did you know that these forums come with this nifty feature that a thread that doesn't get any attention will fade away into the depths ?? btw.. thx for the reply's and keeping this front page... :D
The fact this thread is even still unlocked shows how the favoritism works on these boards. Some people can post the same topics over and over and get away with it but those with 'different' views get theirs locked and end up with warnings for not bowing to the status quo and towing the company line.

Then again, I guess that's what you get when you post on the official unofficial official UO forums. I hope several more of these threads pop up. Its great to have your points proven for you without really having to make much effort yourself. I likes it.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Madrid Said:
**IRONIC Anyone??**

Madrid Said:
Get a life....

--------------------------
"witch hunt
–noun an intensive effort to discover and expose disloyalty, subversion, dishonesty, or the like, usually based on slight, doubtful, or irrelevant evidence. "

Vexxed Said:
I'm not stupid.. I have my "proof" I just chose not to share it with stratics peeps. It's obvious it's a script & I'm simply choosing to take the info to those that can possibly do something about it.
Umm... missed something did we Madrid?

--------------------------------

Go find some portion of the game that you enjoy and do simply that. Enjoy it.

Does this AMUSE Anyone else? I make a polite post essentially about stopping a scripters and he responds with a bitter post and follows up with the RED above... :lol: Did it occur to you that perhaps I was doing exactly that and the mentioned scripter is INTERFERING with my enjoyment??

Madrid... I even started off with a statement ASKING for people with stuff that's less than useless to refrain... sheesh.

PS... I will cease and disist now... I wouldn't put it past some to start such arguments with the intention of getting a thread that makes them uncomfortable LOCKED..

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does everyone remember the guy in the painted caves farming on multiple shards 24 / 7 ?? It was plain as day that he was scripting yet I bet he was paged on 100's of times and no action was taken until a HUGE thread with screenshots appeared on stratics (it's bc he was SEMI-Attended). Anyway.... I've got a smaller version of that on my home shard. No one is perpetually on as much as this person is and doing the things he's doing makes it blatantly obvious he's scripting. I've paged probably 20 times over the course of weeks and nothing has been done. My Question to you all is.. I know there's some EMAIL that I can send a detailed report to... to get this handled.. I just don't know what it is..

Anyone?

I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT.

Thx.
Good luck with your proof. I posted a You tube video of the scripter that had a house on the small jhelom island,and linked to it in my email to EA. But it wasn't until everyone on Stratics started complaining, that those first houses started burning...one of which was his..

D

D'Amavir

Madrid Said:

**IRONIC Anyone??**

Madrid Said:

--------------------------
"witch hunt
–noun an intensive effort to discover and expose disloyalty, subversion, dishonesty, or the like, usually based on slight, doubtful, or irrelevant evidence. "

Vexxed Said:

Umm... missed something did we Madrid?

--------------------------------

Does this AMUSE Anyone else? I make a polite post essentially about stopping a scripters and he responds with a bitter post and follows up with the RED above... :lol: Did it occur to you that perhaps I was doing exactly that and the mentioned scripter is INTERFERING with my enjoyment??

Madrid... I even started off with a statement ASKING for people with stuff that's less than useless to refrain... sheesh.
:lol:

as well as

:sad2:

I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT.
Very polite I must say. If you found a scripter that is actually preventing you from enjoying the game, I would love to see proof of that. But, of course, you refuse to provide that. But yet you still expect people to believe you when you say it. Nah, I think this deserves the world famous....
:link:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I think, the posters that chime into these threads and only offer the same old, "how does it affect your gameplay", are more than likely Up to No Good themselves, and try to pour water on the "Scripter Fire" that the rest of us try to keep pouring Fuel on...

D

D'Amavir

And I think, the posters that chime into these threads and only offer the same old, "how does it affect your gameplay", are more than likely Up to No Good themselves, and try to pour water on the "Scripter Fire" that the rest of us try to keep pouring Fuel on...
I like fire myself. Its pretty. As for the 'how does it affect your gameplay' part, that's just an honest desire to actually hear the answer from someone. Which no one is either willing or able to actually answer. Those that claim to answer don't really. They just come up with silly comments like 'if you do one thing it means you will also do another thing' and 'I don't like it so it shouldn't be happening'. People get the thought that duping is bad. And they get the thought that speedhacking is bad. Those actually do impact people and affect the gameplay of others.

But, surprise me. Be the one and only person that answers the question. Nah, I didn't think so. So, I will keep asking it as long as people are allowed to keep posting repeat threads whining about it over and over and over again. And I will enjoy laughing at those people that page on me for doing nothing wrong, except of course ignoring them. If it fills the GM queues and keeps them from having time to answer the really important calls, not my fault. I wasn't the one flooding them with bogus complaints.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your attended scripting is legal. Seriously they aren't going to do anything if the person answers every single time a GM asks them if they are there and it has been this way forever.

Why is attended scripting legal? Because no one can prove your scripting not a GM or anyone else. Unless this person openly admits to scripting to a GM then nothing will ever happen.

No evidence no crime it's an old and very simple concept...

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Page, or E-Mail Jeremy, or both.

Sorry that you don't want to hear this, but frankly you posted....I have to put up with crap, and therefore so do you.......

An attended scripter and a ridiculously dedicated, legitimate player are very, very hard to tell apart. I've seen screencaps of non-scripting friends, and screencaps of alleged scripters, that look nearly identical. Both gold farming on dread spiders in Tokuno.

But at the same time, there should be no issue whatsoever with you paging or sending an E-Mail to Jeremy. It's your right, it doesn't make you a vigilante, it makes you a vigilant citizen (perhaps overly so, I guess).

Just.....For your own sake, for the sake of your sanity, and for the sake of those rational posters who remain here, please accept the fact that you could be wrong way more easily than you think.

-Galen's player

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this point why shouldn't EA just give up and allow scripting. It isn't like there is any conventional way to stop it. Just level the playing field and let everyone do it if they choose.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
D'Amvir - I have an answer. Scripting (quests, gold gathering, resources, etc) is hurting not just the people who complain, but the whole game and game economy. These systems were not made with 23/7 scripting in mind. Remember the argument regarding why BoS were bad? Because there was more inflow than outflow? And why Duping is bad? Because it causes something that was intended not to be highly common to become highly common, tipping the balance of the game and causing the Devs to have to make yet more high-end content.

Scripting resources and runics is no different than gold farming and duping. It really isnt. It brings in a higher volume of the items than the Dev's intended there to be, skews the game economy, and in the end hurts everyone.

Now ... this is what my brain tells me, and what I know in my heart is the answer to your question. HOWEVER, I still have a bit in me that says "I don't blame them for scripting it. It is a horrible system and it never should have been thought up to leave obtaining runics to the RNG."

D

D'Amavir

D'Amvir - I have an answer. Scripting (quests, gold gathering, resources, etc) is hurting not just the people who complain, but the whole game and game economy. These systems were not made with 23/7 scripting in mind. Remember the argument regarding why BoS were bad? Because there was more inflow than outflow? And why Duping is bad? Because it causes something that was intended not to be highly common to become highly common, tipping the balance of the game and causing the Devs to have to make yet more high-end content.
No one is questioning that duping is bad. At least, not anyone I have read anything from. EA supports selling game items for real money so obviously the know that this will bring the resource hoarders into play more so than if they didn't allow it.

Scripting resources and runics is no different than gold farming and duping. It really isnt. It brings in a higher volume of the items than the Dev's intended there to be, skews the game economy, and in the end hurts everyone.
Again, this goes back to the selling items for real money issue. If that wasn't allowed, do you honestly believe that there would be as much duping and resource scripting as there is now? Doubtful. But, thats what EA wants. The dupers and the resource scripters are using the game the way EA wants the game to be used. They know that dupers and resource scripters pay for their accounts, which puts money in EA's pocket. Sure, they will come here and claim that they don't want those types in the game and claim that they are 'vigilant' about having them removed. But, as always, actions speak louder than words.

Now ... this is what my brain tells me, and what I know in my heart is the answer to your question. HOWEVER, I still have a bit in me that says "I don't blame them for scripting it. It is a horrible system and it never should have been thought up to leave obtaining runics to the RNG."
This is the basis of my entire argument in a nutshell. If EA really didn't want things like quest scripting or skill training scripting in game, why would they release something like the Heartwood quests? That's just silly to imagine that they didn't consider the impacts those mind numbing things would have on the game and what their additional would cause.

As always, no one is saying that scripting can't have an impact. But, if one person is sitting in Heartwood for 4 hours doing manual quests while another is doing scripted quests for the same amount of time, how is one having a negative impact while the other isn't? Can I page on a person that spends 10 hours a day manually farming gold or resources because I can't spend 10 hours a day doing it? No. But, those people impact me in the same way other people claim that scripters impact them. They end up with more resources, more gold, more runics and more recipes than I do.

The design of this game encourages scripting. The runic system from quests encourages scripting. The runic system from bods encourages scripting. The skill gain system encourages scripting. The virtue drop system encourages scripting. Why would anyone really believe that EA doesn't want scripting in light of those facts?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My proof....

NO ONE plays this game 23 hours a day for over Month straight... and by playing I mean actually doing ****.. not bank sitting. The person I'm having a problem with is doing this. They are also doing many other things... (EXACT route followed a few 1000 times with no deviations / get stuck on object if I place them / never interacts /get killed by unexpected Monsters etc..) But the best one is that after being forced to answer a GM they got mad at me and admitted with this..

"You will never get me banned bc I don't unattend Script"

Apparently even that wasn't enough for a GM which is why I made this post...

Ah well.. I got my email... it was never up to us anyway.. so I leave it to those than can do something.

U

UOKaiser

Anyone?

I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT.

Thx.
Sorry I have to hear how you know hes scripting and hes attended while doing it. Do you mean hes macroing? Is he using something that does everything for him or is he presing macros from kr or uoassit that does everything for him? Whats the difference that you can tell? if hes there why should he be there when he can easily be unattended? If hes scripting with unapproved program thats something if hes not and you harrass him thats griefing. Is he in mutiple shards at once doing the same thing? Is he on mutiple computers at once pressing uoassit keys and letting auto attack do things for him? Some are obvious but if gm goes on banning everyone who gets a page on them with taking the word of the pager only then the uo population will be 1 player and that player will be a dev writing on the world map shards closed do to banning of all ip addresses of internet.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly think that there is nothing you can do. If the person is attended, they will never get banned. I would question how someone can be attended 23 hours a day. Maybe its more than one person "watching" the script?

R

Rix/\

As far as how many hours this person puts in doesn't prove much. Myself I have my brother living with me we both have computers we have seperate main accounts but we share a mule account to gather resources which my wife usually will play if she's wanting to, we both work diff hours so there maybe time where our mule account is active for 20+hrs in one day. When theres things going on in UO like the spring cleaning or when they put out new things we'll work together to get what we need.

So unless they ban for assuming they are doing wrong, I wouldn't waste time when we need or GM's and Dev's attention on things we know are 100% wrong.

I'm sure theres a place to email or site to report these issues but just realize if you end up wasting their time your also wasting paying customers time when it makes them unavialable to legit problems in game.

U

UOKaiser

My proof....

NO ONE plays this game 23 hours a day for over Month straight... and by playing I mean actually doing ****.. not bank sitting. The person I'm having a problem with is doing this. They are also doing many other things... (EXACT route followed a few 1000 times with no deviations / get stuck on object if I place them / never interacts /get killed by unexpected Monsters etc..) But the best one is that after being forced to answer a GM they got mad at me and admitted with this..

Ah well.. I got my email... it was never up to us anyway.. so I leave it to those than can do something.
Ok 23 hours a day well are you sure 23 hours cause in order to know that you need to be there 23 hours and there goes the nobody plays 23 hours part. The painted caves not many routes to go through but i can see where you coming from. If hes permeniate stuck on object there you have a case and you got him. never interacts that would be alot of players not wanting to be bothered. What do you mean killed by unexpected monsters? I assume if he can kill trogs all day the unexpected monster would be lurg or and grobu which many a player gets them self wipped. If a lurg comes to him and he stands there whiout even attempting to run away unless hes able to kill him then you got a case there.
The comment with he dont unattend scripe the gm cant do nothing cause hes not admitting to unattended scripting. Im not doubting anything am just pointing out certain things. For all we know he is a scripter and youre positive about it. But if Gm cant prove it then theres nothing that can be done. I say just go and play the game and have fun. He will slip up one day and let them deal with it.

D

D'Amavir

My proof....

You watched someone scripting 23 hours a day for a month straight? Wow, UO must be really fun for you. I can't imagine paying a monthly fee to stand around and watch someone else do tasks just so I can try to get them in trouble. But, everyone gets enjoyment in their own way. So, enjoy.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do realize that if it wasn't for scripters, these things wouldn't have to be made so rare, right?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You watched someone scripting 23 hours a day for a month straight? Wow, UO must be really fun for you.
Statistical sampling is a valid test that doesn't require being there 100% of the time.

*waves torch and pitchfork*

D

D'Amavir

Statistical sampling is a valid test that doesn't require being there 100% of the time.

*waves torch and pitchfork*
Not really. You can't claim someone is doing something 23/7 unless you actually KNOW they are doing something 23/7. Well, you can claim it,but you can't prove it. And you will look silly for claiming it without real evidence to back it up.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's obvious it's a script & I'm simply choosing to take the info to those that can possibly do something about it.

Thx.
I hope this deer pellet gets whats coming.

My advice is Go thru multiple avenues to get this taken care of..Make noise people!

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get a life....

Spoken like a true scripter.

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your completely right - GET A LIFE!

Who seriously wants to sit there for 4 hours every couple of days doing heartwood quests? Lol, get a life.

Why do you care if someone scripts? They arn't insluting you, or harming your actual game play. The people on these forums are like the old people who call up and complain about "offensive adverts". THEY HAVE NO LIFE and are so bored that they find "self worth" and "purpose" by complaining and reporting on others. Loosen up trammies and try pvp or something, you won't be so BORED.

I think scripters are great, they make all the boring items readily and cheaply available. I dont want to mine like a zombie for 8 hours, or chop wood for 20 hours.. Its mindless repetitive tasks, you mays well work in a factory making cardboard boxes - its just as stimulating.

The GMs don't listen because you trams cry and whinge 24/7 reporting every person who doesn't talk to you. FYI I dont want to talk to a lonley trammie either. Also they get more subscriptions to HELP this DIEING game REMAIN OPEN. Think about it....

Oh yeah, GET A LIFE, lol.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Who seriously wants to sit there for 4 hours every couple of days doing heartwood quests? Lol, get a life.

Why do you care if someone scripts? They arn't insluting you, or harming your actual game play. The people on these forums are like the old people who call up and complain about "offensive adverts". THEY HAVE NO LIFE and are so bored that they find "self worth" and "purpose" by complaining and reporting on others. Loosen up trammies and try pvp or something, you won't be so BORED.

I think scripters are great, they make all the boring items readily and cheaply available. I dont want to mine like a zombie for 8 hours, or chop wood for 20 hours.. Its mindless repetitive tasks, you mays well work in a factory making cardboard boxes - its just as stimulating.

The GMs don't listen because you trams cry and whinge 24/7 reporting every person who doesn't talk to you. FYI I dont want to talk to a lonley trammie either. Also they get more subscriptions to HELP this DIEING game REMAIN OPEN. Think about it....

:loser:

:next:

R

RoycroftLS

You must be bored too. You chose to write a 400 word rant about a subject that in no way affects the quality of your gameplay. Well, as long as you are playing legitimately, that is.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you care if someone scripts? They arn't insluting you, or harming your actual game play.
Yes they are. They're warping the game's economy and design, sucking the life out of it - rewards become rarer, income is reduced because of zombie competition. Scripters damage the game for everyone else.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not really. You can't claim someone is doing something 23/7 unless you actually KNOW they are doing something 23/7. Well, you can claim it,but you can't prove it. And you will look silly for claiming it without real evidence to back it up.
My god you're just like my wife. If we both see a guy running out of Best Buy as fast as he can with a TV, I know for a fact he stole it, and the security guard will follow shortly. My wife? Oh, he probably has an emergency to get to....

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

And YOU GUYS are my next favorite poster on this. The ones that say, "Hey scripters make it easier for the rest of us. I don't have the time it takes to get these items. So scripters do it for me,and then I just buy it". I love that. So limme get this straight. You don't play UO enough to get a Heartwood runic, but you play UO enough to afford to buy one for 14 million gold???? Classic...

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually unlike you trammies, im the GM of the top PvP guild on my shard. I do many 2 man and 4 man despises WHENEVER I WANT. Takes 12 to 15 minutes each. I mainly do 2 man spawns with my brother in 15 minutes. Guildies come at end to protect it from the leeches. I do the same for them, simply because we love to pvp.

To earn 14 million takes about an hour. Can be 15 minutes if I get a 120 mage :p. Had a great run a month ago, got about 50 million in scrolls in 2 hours. Oh we also do 4 man harrowers (well 4 people get the skulls and get all the harrower ps). Rest of the guild simply comes on reds and protects from the leeches. We are a unquie pvp guild, and all are willing to help out with spawn crashings because its our "fun" - mass pvp battles.

Unlike mindless trammies I realise bashing swoops, peerless or farming quests is not the way to maximise wealth. Infact I consider all of that a complete waste of time. Try starting a guild, and farm powerscrolls. I bet with 20 + trammies that u can't do it. Simply because you don't think and have become so trammed that you can't defend yourself vs mongbats.

As you can see, doing trammie stuff is boring, and a complete waste of time. I'd rather have a real life than waste my spare time clicking quests for 8hours straight.

D

D'Amavir

My god you're just like my wife. If we both see a guy running out of Best Buy as fast as he can with a TV, I know for a fact he stole it, and the security guard will follow shortly. My wife? Oh, he probably has an emergency to get to....
If by being like your wife you mean that I have someone on the side, then ya, I am just like her.

Unlike you, I can see someone doing a quest in Heartwood and then not have nightmares wondering if he is scripting or not. It doesn't matter to me. I don't care how 'rare' an item is. Its not important to me. Those that do care about stuff like that are usually the ones that have the item in question and are jealous and worried that someone else might get it that it keeps them up at night. Here is a friendly suggestion, get some sleep and stop getting so bothered by a game.

D

D'Amavir

And YOU GUYS are my next favorite poster on this. The ones that say, "Hey scripters make it easier for the rest of us. I don't have the time it takes to get these items. So scripters do it for me,and then I just buy it". I love that. So limme get this straight. You don't play UO enough to get a Heartwood runic, but you play UO enough to afford to buy one for 14 million gold???? Classic...
Since EA supports and encourages the selling of in game items for real money, why is that so hard to believe?

And if by 'Classic' you mean 'Good point, I have no leg to stand on with my argument' then I agree with you 100%. Wait, scratch that, I forgot I was a duper. I agree with you 200% since I duped the original 100%. See, look, now I made 100% less rare. Boo to the hoo.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not my thread Dude, I"m simply posting in it like you are....sounds like you're the one that needs some sleep...so hit "play" and go to bed already.

D

D'Amavir

Yes they are. They're warping the game's economy and design, sucking the life out of it - rewards become rarer, income is reduced because of zombie competition. Scripters damage the game for everyone else.
Rares damage the game for everyone, yes. Except those greedy few that have them and whine non stop at just the thought that their precious pixel crack might be more common. Remove rares and you remove much of the duping in the game. Encourage the hunt for rares and you encourage dupers and people like you that measure their own self worth by how many pieces of pixel crack they collect in a game and lose touch with the fact that games are meant to be fun. And if someone scripting really takes away your fun, maybe online games aren't for you. Don't feel bad though, they aren't for everyone. Its like Mensa, some people have what it takes to be in, some don't.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

At this point why shouldn't EA just give up and allow scripting. It isn't like there is any conventional way to stop it. Just level the playing field and let everyone do it if they choose.

Cop watchin a busy highway says to his partner,we can`t bust em all,this is stupid,we should just raise the speed limit to what the speeders are traveling.Problem solved than we could go for donuts!

Unbelievable.

I love all the defense for cheaters on these boards.

D

D'Amavir

It's not my thread Dude, I"m simply posting in it like you are....sounds like you're the one that needs some sleep...so hit "play" and go to bed already.
I am not the one having nightmares about people scripting and how it just ruins the fun I have in game. I can be surrounded by scripters and still have fun. I can see runic hammers on every vendor and still have fun. I can watch server birth rares drop on mongbats and still have fun. When you can do the same, you will enjoy this game much more.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the Devs would get off their collective butts and do away with the Champ Spawn system of Power Scroll dispersal, I would simply love to read about the nightmares it would cause you as your playstyle was disrupted from it. Then you could come here and whine about it just like others do when something affects theirs.....

D

D'Amavir

Cop watchin a busy highway says to his partner,we can`t bust em all,this is stupid,we should just raise the speed limit to what the speeders are traveling.Problem solved than we could go for donuts!

Unbelievable.

I love all the defense for cheaters on these boards.
Actually, that's a flawed comparison. But you already know that. You have to. Really, you have to. You can't really be comparing playing a game to have fun with allowing people to speed and put people at risk of losing their lives. Really, you can't be doing that. Really really really.

If you think that allowing people to use scripts in a GAME to putting people's REAL LIVES at risk....well, I can't even express what I want to say about you on this board if you have that opinion. Not without getting kicked off. I will simply say this....wow!

D

D'Amavir

If the Devs would get off their collective butts and do away with the Champ Spawn system of Power Scroll dispersal, I would simply love to read about the nightmares it would cause you as your playstyle was disrupted from it. Then you could come here and whine about it just like others do when something affects theirs.....
You can't be talking to me. I haven't done a champ spawn since the first week they came out. Heck, I haven't even been in a Fel dungeon in years. Many years. Double heck, I haven't even been outside of a town in Fel in years. So, I will assume you are talking to someone else and just chose to ignore the fact that you allow someone doing something that has no real impact on you to ruin your fun in this game while I enjoy the game regardless of what others do when it doesn't impact me.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Actually unlike you trammies, im the GM of the top PvP guild on my shard. I do many 2 man and 4 man despises WHENEVER I WANT. Takes 12 to 15 minutes each. I mainly do 2 man spawns with my brother in 15 minutes. Guildies come at end to protect it from the leeches. I do the same for them, simply because we love to pvp.

To earn 14 million takes about an hour. Can be 15 minutes if I get a 120 mage :p. Had a great run a month ago, got about 50 million in scrolls in 2 hours. Oh we also do 4 man harrowers (well 4 people get the skulls and get all the harrower ps). Rest of the guild simply comes on reds and protects from the leeches. We are a unquie pvp guild, and all are willing to help out with spawn crashings because its our "fun" - mass pvp battles.

Unlike mindless trammies I realise bashing swoops, peerless or farming quests is not the way to maximise wealth. Infact I consider all of that a complete waste of time. Try starting a guild, and farm powerscrolls. I bet with 20 + trammies that u can't do it. Simply because you don't think and have become so trammed that you can't defend yourself vs mongbats.

As you can see, doing trammie stuff is boring, and a complete waste of time. I'd rather have a real life than waste my spare time clicking quests for 8hours straight.

ROFL.... I hope some day I can be so cool. ^^
Your no different than a trammy,you chase the same pixel crack they do.You still PvE for your pixel crack since they don`t drop off players.The way I see it,you ARE a trammy otherwise such things would not matter to you,being a hard core pvp`r and all. :gee:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey, you're the one that's replying to me, and quoting me, when I was responding to someone else. I'm just not a big fan of always quoting people..You even quoted me, when I quoted trammyhater guy.....you feeling ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.