• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Artisan Festival 2020

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I didn't know if we'd even get one, and we're now 3 for 3. I don't think we can keep this up; some of our dedicated crafters are wearing out and running out of BODs. Still, I'm super-excited we were able to get this one. Thanks to all the great crafters on LS.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, many blankets, good amount of windows and from 3 city trees on 2 shards not one chalice. Robin got a chalice today, one. It is the most useful sculpture.

segmentman

Adventurer
not a single window, nor blanket.....2 of the same painting......is there a trick to getting a window??

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My gifts today from Baja and LS

I got 3 out of 7 on ATL since the tree was not complete

1607713126463.png

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All of my rewards were green. This is karma based isn't it? If so, does karma matter when dropping off a BOD or when claiming the gift?
I just tested it -

Test 1: dropped off gift yesterday on LS Trinsic on a character with +2 Karma.
After the tree made awards available today, I killed a dog, which dropped me to -1 karma.
I got the gift box from the elf after the karma drop, then opened it.
I got a red reward.

Test 2: I took the next character, who was at 0 (which still gets a green gift normally), claimed the gift from the elf, then killed a cat to drop to -1 karma.
After killing the cat, I opened up the gift box.
I got a red reward

So, it matters only what your karma is WHEN THE PRIZE is claimed from the gift box.

Theoretically, you could get the gift boxes, go home and put a cloak of corruption on, and open the gifts once you hit neg karma, for all red gifts.

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fun fact: If you cast incognito before you claim your gift, the gift box will have the incognito name on there.

I now have a new goal to get the craziest names I can.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The gifts for trinsic appeared today on Sonoma. Maybe the gift day and the start of the next town overlap??
The flip between Trinsic to Skara appears to be at Midnight local going from the 11th to the 12th.

I was collecting gifts on the east coast shards, and right before midnight I'd gotten all my gifts on Chessy, and moved all the characters to Skara, with no elf in Skara.

The first character on Cats arrived at Skara at 12:01, and the elf was there, so I went ahead and dropped already-done BODs.

And Pacific doesn't have an elf in Skara, at 12:50 Eastern.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The flip between Trinsic to Skara appears to be at Midnight local going from the 11th to the 12th.

I was collecting gifts on the east coast shards, and right before midnight I'd gotten all my gifts on Chessy, and moved all the characters to Skara, with no elf in Skara.

The first character on Cats arrived at Skara at 12:01, and the elf was there, so I went ahead and dropped already-done BODs.

And Pacific doesn't have an elf in Skara, at 12:50 Eastern.

So Tarragon's chart is a day late if people are following it . Skara tree gifts would be on the 15th??

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So Tarragon's chart is a day late if people are following it . Skara tree gifts would be on the 15th??
The way that the cities work is that the city changes over to gift pickup, then there's 18-24 hours between that point. During that period, it still says the older city, but it's just for picking up gifts earned. If I'm not mistaken, the ability to turn in BODs runs until server maintenance, then goes to Gift Collection for the rest of the day from server maintenance until midnight local (as per the server time, which is based on where the physical server used to be before the cloud hosting), at which time the next city starts its tree cycle.

So, you get the full days, plus 5-8 "early bird" period, to turn in BODs.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way that the cities work is that the city changes over to gift pickup, then there's 18-24 hours between that point. During that period, it still says the older city, but it's just for picking up gifts earned. If I'm not mistaken, the ability to turn in BODs runs until server maintenance, then goes to Gift Collection for the rest of the day from server maintenance until midnight local (as per the server time, which is based on where the physical server used to be before the cloud hosting), at which time the next city starts its tree cycle.

So, you get the full days, plus 5-8 "early bird" period, to turn in BODs.
Yes I sort of understand the gist of that but what I am saying is that Terragon's chart says Trinsic gifts pop on the 12th and they popped on the 11th ..that's all.

Thanks for explaining Basara *smiles*

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does appear incorrect, yes. This morning we could already start handing in BoD's for the Skara Brae tree, and I expect we'll be able to collect our gifts on 15th December ...
More precisely on the Drachenfels shard, so 06.00 AM Central European Time
1607808065942.png
I did invite to correct me if I was wrong :p

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe the different time zones does put it off somewhat from shard to shard...*head spins* *laughs*

Deschet

Journeyman
Confused by this schedule. Are people collecting gifts in Skara today, or was that yesterday since New Magencia trees have started (and finished in some cases :))?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Confused by this schedule. Are people collecting gifts in Skara today, or was that yesterday since New Magencia trees have started (and finished in some cases :))?
The gifts at skara came out around midnight eastern. The next tree appeared.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Wow - Baja, that's impressive. It will take a miracle to get a star on LS for New Magincia, I fear. I am almost completely out of large BODs and low in general, having turned in a huge number already. I hope the other crafters on LS can make it happen.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The schedules will vary from shard to shard, I believe.
Something about if a city doesn't have so much in its coffers it gets skipped, or maybe if it doesn't have a mayor...I can't remember, its been a while lol

Deschet

Journeyman
The gifts at skara came out around midnight eastern. The next tree appeared.
Came out around midnight, like as in 18 hours ago? For some reason (based on reading the thread and seeing the schedules people posted), I thought gift collection was a day in itself, and the next tree didn't start until it was done. :confused2:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Came out around midnight, like as in 18 hours ago? For some reason (based on reading the thread and seeing the schedules people posted), I thought gift collection was a day in itself, and the next tree didn't start until it was done. :confused2:
Players tried to make a schedule but it seems they did not succeed. I am not blaming them for using the info provided by UO and trying to make us a schedule. I thank them for trying.

UO says 3 days to grow 17 hour collection period. It seems there is some overlap of starting next one and collecting.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Trees taking BODs ends with server maintenance, with gifts starting on server up.
The next tree starts on the following midnight (which is 17 hours later, for shards that go down at 5AM local).

The idea was that it would help all the cities get a chance at a tree, after the first festival ended before Yew finished the BOD period.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trees taking BODs ends with server maintenance, with gifts starting on server up.
The next tree starts on the following midnight (which is 17 hours later, for shards that go down at 5AM local).

The idea was that it would help all the cities get a chance at a tree, after the first festival ended before Yew finished the BOD period.
Last night at 11pm central on LS the Skara tree gave gifts. I put my gifts on about an hour prior luckily. Many hours from server up.
Two of our trees have dropped gifts while I was playing.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Yes, I was shocked when last night around 8:00 pm mountain standard time players were saying that the Skara gifts were available. We were many hours away from the server restart that we assumed would precede the gifts.

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, there's nothing to do but to log in every morning after server up, see if the tree you've just "fed" is in its gift-giving stage, grab a window or blanket, and then to visit a town crier so you know which one has started next.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks to all the BOD makers and traders on Baja, Sonoma, Chessy, and Great Lakes. Lots of players on LS have complete sets since I was able to bring the ones from those shards back.

@Larisa, I'll move your stuff around after the Yew tree is done.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure about everyone else. But if I'm not mistaken. I'll have to sort this weekend, but think I got 8 to 10 stained glass from this on GL.

Still never sorted last yrs crap. But made sure to sideline all the glass. So that'll be easy to do tomorrow or sun.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thanks @Pawain

I'm not bothering with the Yew tree, That's too far to run and on a few shards I don't have any gold left to fill BODs lol.

Trying to sort now and gather all on one character >.<

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Did any shard other than Sonoma get stars on all 9 trees (not counting the second Yew tree that some are getting)?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Lakes does every year
I didn't go around looking, so I didn't want to comment. But adding to this, I believe we did if memory serves me right when collecting all the gifts. But I thought we missed one last year?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I didn't go around looking, so I didn't want to comment. But adding to this, I believe we did if memory serves me right when collecting all the gifts. But I thought we missed one last year?
Great Lakes isn't my home shard, but I do the Artisan Festival there every year.
Every tree there is always with the star.
Shandara does the large BODs and she waits until there are people on to have a tree lighting.

(I don't feel bad about doing BODs there. They actually posted on stratics one year, asking people to drop BODs on their elf. And if there are ones I don't want brought back to my home shard, I leave them on chars there, until they are needed.)

===========

This is actually the first year that Sonoma has had stars on all of the trees.
Thanks to Keith of Sonoma for doing most of the LARGE BODs.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to all who helped with the Sonoma trees! A very big thank you to Keith of Sonoma for his many many contibutions and tireless determination *smiles* I am not sure we would have made it without him.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Chessy gotz dem all!
(Meez making meez crafter hummie slabe start wurking on next yearz wunz now.)

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I am impressed by the dedication shown on all these shards. This is the first year I've really participated seriously - and it's a huge amount of work and expense. I probably spent 60 million on bribes, and went through 30k valorite ingots and I don't know how much barbed leather. I enjoyed it immensely, and am already leveling up additional crafters so I can collect more large BODs throughout the year.

In order to get all 9 stars, there must be a number of people collecting BODs with multiple characters all year long. A fully bribed 6-piece platemail BOD is worth 240 banking points. A star takes 25,000 points. You need over 900 of those completed valorite BODs - as well as the over 5,600 fully-bribed small platemail BODs - to get stars on all 9 trees. I know there are other crafting disciplines besides blacksmithing; I'm just using that as an example of the math involved.

No matter how you slice it, that is a serious amount of work and expense. Well done.