• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Artisan Festival 2020

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Great Lakes Yew tree is giving gifts now.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just claimed 13 rewards from Yew. I only got one double out of it... I need to buy a lottery ticket.

Only two of the new items though.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of my rewards were green. This is karma based isn't it? If so, does karma matter when dropping off a BOD or when claiming the gift?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I believe it's when claiming the gift....checking...

From uo.com

1607146433647.png

From the way it's worded it sounds like it's whoever claims it.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yerg - it's da karma when yooz klaim it. Meez hummie 'involuntarie wurkers' killed uhlot ob katz und dogz in Yew todaze before demz got dere pressie.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so the bed spread..... what do we do with it?
ya i know, typical guy question!

so i double click it and it becomes a blanket.
does this bed spread not fit on a bed?
cause it would be kinda strange if they gave us a bed spread that didnt actually work on a bed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so the bed spread..... what do we do with it?
ya i know, typical guy question!

so i double click it and it becomes a blanket.
does this bed spread not fit on a bed?
cause it would be kinda strange if they gave us a bed spread that didnt actually work on a bed.
It fits the small beds and elf beds, Also the rubble small beds.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
not unmade beds or the ruined beds.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
not unmade beds or the ruined beds.
That would kinda defeat the purpose of unmade beds. They just fit small beds. The other beds have a blanket already.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
do you just set them over them?
or is there something ya need to do?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gift collection period is usually until the Festival cycles back to that city. If they leave it on as long as last year, that means two full cycles.
So, double dip ?

If so I missed that memo or somethin last yr lol

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hubby & I dropped bods with all 40 chars on the Yew tree. Between us, we got 2 windows & 6 blankets. Love the windows :)

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hubby & I dropped bods with all 40 chars on the Yew tree. Between us, we got 2 windows & 6 blankets. Love the windows :)
Just for the yew tree across six characters. Without looking, I know I got two stained Glass, one blanket and I forget what the others were but I think it was more the stuff from last year.

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was so lucky to collect 4 stained windows (3 red & 1 green) from the Yew tree. One was double. I got a green blanket as well.
I hope the Vesper tree will be just as generous. That tree, by the way, is already finished. Drachenfels may have dwindled down to a tiny community, but we have a few highly dedicated crafters.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone remind me how many towns it goes to bec I know or dont think it does all of them, like jhellom.

I'm not looking for a list per say but just the number of towns. I have the runes for em all. I just know or think I missed more than Luna last yr but might have also unknowingly participated in a dbl dip for some I did miss.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It gooz to all da townz dat hab gubnur's - 9 ob dem. Iffn yooz luuk at yooz city loyalty page (when yooz single click yoozsef) itz all ob dose. Diz year weeez goin bakwardz fum dat list. (Next year dey will start with Brit ungin.)

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It gooz to all da townz dat hab gubnur's - 9 ob dem. Iffn yooz luuk at yooz city loyalty page (when yooz single click yoozsef) itz all ob dose. Diz year weeez goin bakwardz fum dat list. (Next year dey will start with Brit ungin.)
I really do try to be nice around the holidays. But if you're going to talk like that, you're going to end up on probably more than just my ignore list.

Ebonics or whatever the hell you want to call that hasn't been popular for quite a few years...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone remind me how many towns it goes to bec I know or dont think it does all of them, like jhellom.

I'm not looking for a list per say but just the number of towns. I have the runes for em all. I just know or think I missed more than Luna last yr but might have also unknowingly participated in a dbl dip for some I did miss.
It goes through all 9 governor-run Britannian cities, in reverse alphabetical order.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really do try to be nice around the holidays. But if you're going to talk like that, you're going to end up on probably more than just my ignore list.

Ebonics or whatever the hell you want to call that hasn't been popular for quite a few years...
Sweetpeez is a goblin, their edjumakayshun system is bit...different.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweetpeez is a goblin, their edjumakayshun system is bit...different.
And here I thought goblin babies were generally flushed down the toilet...

But I don't have to deal with that no more because that went on block as soon as I made my post.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

But I don't have to deal with that no more because that went on block as soon as I made my post.
Well, "toilets" and waste do seem to play a significant role in their culture...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This goblin toilet humor made me think of a book I read.

There's an urban fantasy novel by John Ringo and Larry Correia where Kolbolds live in the sewers of Seattle, and the main character (in the 1980s) becomes acquainted with them and a human they helped raise.

The kobolds say that they know the boundaries of the high school and college campuses in the area because they smelled like teen urine.

The human the kobolds befriended went on to become a favorite musician of the resident Fae princess of Seattle, but he had to change the last line of the song title to get it released by mundane record companies.... Eventually he went mad from all the contact with the supernatural and killed himself with a shotgun.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This goblin toilet humor made me think of a book I read.

There's an urban fantasy novel by John Ringo and Larry Correia where Kolbolds live in the sewers of Seattle, and the main character (in the 1980s) becomes acquainted with them and a human they helped raise.

The kobolds say that they know the boundaries of the high school and college campuses in the area because they smelled like teen urine.

The human the kobolds befriended went on to become a favorite musician of the resident Fae princess of Seattle, but he had to change the last line of the song title to get it released by mundane record companies.... Eventually he went mad from all the contact with the supernatural and killed himself with a shotgun.
I very rarely read. But if you could remember the name of that book, I'd be willing to give it a fair Shake.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Monster Hunter Memoirs: Grunge.

It's a prequel to Correia's Monster Hunter International series (MHM is in the 80s and early 90s, MHI is in the 2000s).

Ringo, a fairly successful author in his own right, read the MHI books, then his muse took over. So he wrote what amounted to a fanfic, THEN asked his and Larry's mutual editor if Larry might be interested in an MHI collaboration instead of the book they were supposed to write together (which ended up coming out this year with two different co-authors).

Toni was like, "I can ask. How big would it be?"

John replied "I'm half-way into the third book of at least a trilogy" - a WEEK after starting to write the FIRST book.

Larry's main input was toning down the main character's horndog-ness a bit, After all, Larry pointed out his teen kids were usually his alpha readers, and "Chad" definitely was a man-ho, from the events related in his memoirs. One of the memorable quotes from the second book, as to why he had to relocate to New Orleans "She told me she was ninety!!"; "She" being the forty-something elf he'd slept with and whose brothers wanted his head.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Monster Hunter Memoirs: Grunge.

It's a prequel to Correia's Monster Hunter International series (MHM is in the 80s and early 90s, MHI is in the 2000s).

Ringo, a fairly successful author in his own right, read the MHI books, then his muse took over. So he wrote what amounted to a fanfic, THEN asked his and Larry's mutual editor if Larry might be interested in an MHI collaboration instead of the book they were supposed to write together (which ended up coming out this year with two different co-authors).

Toni was like, "I can ask. How big would it be?"

John replied "I'm half-way into the third book of at least a trilogy" - a WEEK after starting to write the FIRST book.

Larry's main input was toning down the main character's horndog-ness a bit, After all, Larry pointed out his teen kids were usually his alpha readers, and "Chad" definitely was a man-ho, from the events related in his memoirs. One of the memorable quotes from the second book, as to why he had to relocate to New Orleans "She told me she was ninety!!"; "She" being the forty-something elf he'd slept with and whose brothers wanted his head.
Thx, I'll see if I can get I think w amazon, usually... the first chapter free. If they have it.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I was thinking the Vesper gifts would be available this morning, but they're not on LS. Are people on other servers able to get Vesper gifts now? I could have sworn today was the day.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Maybe later today gifts came not long after server up 3 days ago then 17 hours until next city starts and another 72 hours before gifts will be given out again.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Not until tomorrow I thought....3 days to turn in, day 4 is for collecting right?

Dec 1,2 and 3 were turn in days for Yew, Dec 4 was collection day. So Dec 5,6 and 7 are turn in days for Vesper, Dec 8 for collecting...right?

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I've read on the subject, I've drawn up this possible schedule.
But I'm not sure whether I have all the right data, so feel free to correct me if this is wrong.
1607808214032.png

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thx, I'll see if I can get I think w amazon, usually... the first chapter free. If they have it.
The original MHI series has its entire first book free, as well. Look for the original printing, not the second edition. The publisher tends to make the first book in a series a free download after 3-4 books come out.

segmentman

Adventurer
Something is better than nothing, received a sculpture.....grrr. Question, is 4 copper BOD's worth say, 525 each, better to turn in than one large, worth 750?? The 525 points aren't added to the 750, are they??

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I live with one of them... they all get flushed down the toilet voluntarily... they call it slidin' and snackin'....
Also, blocking them only makes them happy, it's kinda like a badge of honor. They also like getting tossed in a moat at Governor meetings.
Moat.PNG

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What the item name of the one that looks like a blanket?