• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Artisan Festival 2020

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am impressed by the dedication shown on all these shards.
Funny...I don't think ATL got 1 star. At least not the first handful of towns did when I was participating which is ironic that the most populated shard seems like one of the few that couldn't consistently get the star.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Baja did.
Really? I stopped even bothering even checking Baja after the first two trees weren't even close with just a few hours to go. I must have logged into alternate universes on several shards, because 2-3 cities in, every shard people reported above as completing all 9, had missed a star on at least one when I checked them, often not even to ornaments.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I know I had a lot of trouble knowing when we were out of time for a tree. The timers seemed to be all over the place; at least one tree on LS starting giving out gifts in the evening, several hours before server restart.

Perhaps some crafters held some BODs in reserve to help push the trees over the edge at the last minute? That, of course, would require knowing what the last minute was going to be.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really? I stopped even bothering even checking Baja after the first two trees weren't even close with just a few hours to go. I must have logged into alternate universes on several shards, because 2-3 cities in, every shard people reported above as completing all 9, had missed a star on at least one when I checked them, often not even to ornaments.
Baja had the first 4 trees early enough for me to put BODs on three of them. I did not go to Trinsic but another player on LS did.

Some of the shards I mentioned had full trees in a few hours. Insane.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yew is last tree?
Yes the artisan festival ends today or tomorrow. I think players are not doing this repeat yew tree because sometimes the event ends before the gifts pop.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This was not Baja as within a couple hours of the elf appearing, the trees were completed in every city. With the exception of Moonglow Angel dropped Bods until the star appeared. As Governor of Moonglow I did the Moonglow tree and one of the Citizens, Leonidas, popped the star.

Baja Artisan Festival

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guarantee you Sonoma had all trees finished except the duplicate last one on Yew. No lying, no bragging. We have 2 of the most wonderful folks in the game that did the trees almost by themselves, our beloved Keith and our wonderful Miri worked their BOD fingers to the bone to accomplish it and we are very very proud of them.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guarantee you Sonoma had all trees finished except the duplicate last one on Yew. No lying, no bragging. We have 2 of the most wonderful folks in the game that did the trees almost by themselves, our beloved Keith and our wonderful Miri worked their BOD fingers to the bone to accomplish it and we are very very proud of them.
I had asked Angel how much time she thought it took for her to do all the bods required for 1 whole tree. This doesn't include all the hours spent getting the bods in the first place, bribing up the bods, etc. She figured between 160 - 200 hours. She did 8 complete trees on Baja this year and many trees last year. Yeah, dedication. Last year the Governors and King Blackthorn gave their thanks for her dedication. This year her lantern still shined brightly upon us.

Nicholas the Toymaker with lantern and spellbook.jpg

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you to all the "Tree Growers" especially on Baja, Sonoma, and Izumo, where i happened to have mages that could gate. I was able to collect over 500 gifts - 55 of the new ones - this year :) I made ALT Necro/Bowyers on these 3 shards in order to get the "red" gifts and to get SBODs and buy the ingredients relatively cheap (bolts, arrows, kindling) to fill them. Thank you again!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a picture list of this years new items somewhere? I can't seem to find one in search.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got a good big smile to hear that Sonoma kicked butt on the trees again because it's my main server!

I had 100's and 100's of filled LBODs ready to put on the tree but I am sorry i wasn't able to participate this time. My dad was diagnosed with a bad form of dementia so I was at their place all December away from my computer.

So not getting much sleep these days so I'll be playing a lot of UO for sure to keep my mind off it.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry to hear that, SugarMMMM. My dad is also dealing with dementia; it's a hard thing for everyone involved.

I've spent this whole weekend crafting LBODs for next year :) Getting my BODs organized better and leveling up more crafters so I can collect more LBODs.

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@SugarMMM , That's an understandable reason not to participate.
I have one spare set of the new gifts. You're welcome to have it, if you have the possibility to travel from Sonoma to Drachenfels and - self-evidently - anytime which suits you best.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I got a good big smile to hear that Sonoma kicked butt on the trees again because it's my main server!

I had 100's and 100's of filled LBODs ready to put on the tree but I am sorry i wasn't able to participate this time. My dad was diagnosed with a bad form of dementia so I was at their place all December away from my computer.

So not getting much sleep these days so I'll be playing a lot of UO for sure to keep my mind off it.
sorry to hear about your dad.
I'm not sure who your main character is...
but call out for me in general chat.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry to hear that, SugarMMMM. My dad is also dealing with dementia; it's a hard thing for everyone involved.
Thank you Elessar and I'm also sorry you are going thru it also. The hard part for me so far is that my younger brother and sister are on the east coast shooo it will be me tending to him.

I have one spare set of the new gifts. You're welcome to have it
That's a generous offer and I thank you! I'll see what I have on that server too trade you.

sorry to hear about your dad.
I'm not sure who your main character is...
but call out for me in general chat.
Thank you Cinderella!
I have soo many main characters with having 14 accounts but I play as a loner. He he. I'll do a shout out when I'm on instead of being a hermit.