• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are you kidding me?!

L

Lord_Deimos

So...this publish changed Quiver of rages...No longer any use to me. I go buy a quiver of infinity off a vendor...and what happens? I get pulled into jail the next day for owning a bugged quiver. I am thusly banned for 72 hours because ive had a quiver fixed before.

Why dont the Devs just FIX this bug...Or better yet, start banning people that really deserve it.

So HONEST question...WHY hasn't this bug been fixed?

A

Arnie QuickPalm

you got in trouble before yet you didnt check this one ???

L

Lord_Deimos

I never got in trouble before, I paged a Gm MYSELF before to have one fixed....

I havent been playing the past 2 days, I just simply bought it and put it on...and sat in luna to burn murder counts. Why should I have to be on the lookout for "Illegal" quivers?

E

envinyatar

Arnie, that's besides the point.. these bugged quivers need to be repaired by the devs, end of story. Instead of banning someone, the item should be repaired.

D

drfunk

I actually agree with you(and feel for oyu) Lord_Deimos. If the quiver gave you a dramatic advantage and you used it then yes i could understand a zero tolerance.. But comon the bug is actually very stupid.. When a bugged items main objective is to show others how clever you are... no need to haul people off to jail. Just fix the d&*% f*^&&* bug devs and worry about people that arent affecting the game. Feel bad for you man... Man this game is in serious trouble. Its stories like this that way force me to move to DarkFal this winter.

p.s. Its obvious they are able to query anyone in game that is currently equiped with a bugged quiver so beware... at the OP expense.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never got in trouble before, I paged a Gm MYSELF before to have one fixed....

I havent been playing the past 2 days, I just simply bought it and put it on...and sat in luna to burn murder counts. Why should I have to be on the lookout for "Illegal" quivers?
Considering you knew they were a problem and you knew that you could get in trouble for wearing one that was bugged, do you really think purchasing one that was bugged was a good move on your part? How about the part where you wore the bugged quiver plainly viewable by everyone whom played your shard? Im sorry for your luck but I personally chaulk this one up as "the culling of the herd". (meaning not only did you do something stupid once, but followed it up with more stupidity, and then complained about it being someone elses stupidity for your stupidity in the first place....ugh...makes my head spin.)

Again...no offense and not being personal...but ignorance is no excuse in following the rules.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...this publish changed Quiver of rages...No longer any use to me. I go buy a quiver of infinity off a vendor...and what happens? I get pulled into jail the next day for owning a bugged quiver. I am thusly banned for 72 hours because ive had a quiver fixed before.

Why dont the Devs just FIX this bug...Or better yet, start banning people that really deserve it.

Jeremy said that if any GM bans or suspends when a player pages to have a bugged quiver fixed, to email or PM her. They aren't supposed to be doing that.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Jeremy said that if any GM bans or suspends when a player pages to have a bugged quiver fixed, to email or PM her. They aren't supposed to be doing that.
He didn't get suspended for paging on himself to get it fixed, he got 72 hours which is usually a second offense suspension for someone else paging on him.

L

Lord_Deimos

(meaning not only did you do something stupid once, but followed it up with more stupidity, and then complained about it being someone elses stupidity for your stupidity in the first place....ugh...makes my head spin.)

Again...no offense and not being personal...but ignorance is no excuse in following the rules.
I did something stupid once? Only other time a GM has talked to me about this was months ago when I paged one myself to have one fixed. This second time was me buying one after they nerfed the quiver of rages, and logging in the next day and going afk....

Im banned, w/e I really dont care.

The IMPORTANT question is....WHY HASNT THE BUG BEEN FIXED? Maybe if it was, this wouldn't of happened.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did something stupid once? Only other time a GM has talked to me about this was months ago when I paged one myself to have one fixed. This second time was me buying one after they nerfed the quiver of rages, and logging in the next day and going afk....

Im banned, w/e I really dont care.

The IMPORTANT question is....WHY HASNT THE BUG BEEN FIXED? Maybe if it was, this wouldn't of happened.
Cause the UO team is a bunch of rookies who can't learn from thier past mistakes, nor will they ever.

F

feath

the quiver of infinity being buggy is old news. If you follow the news well enough to know that "this publish changed Quiver of rages" you should have known the QoI is bugged. Buying one was asking for trouble.
You shouldn't have gotten dinged for having it as your 'second' (72 hrs) offense, as you paged a Gm yourself, the first time.
yeah, punishing the buyer for buying something off a vendor ... oh wait. that subjects been beaten 12 feet under, now.
as a previous poster mention, email jeremy.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why am i not surprised?

because that would make too much sense.

seriously though, this is just pathetic. again they are banning people for a bug they apparently refuse to fix.

this is just like the dupe scenario. banning people who are not at fault. that's like the stupidest policy a company could possibly have.

R

RuthieJ

You know it would be different if you were selling Quivers of Infinity that where bugged like that. But no you bought goods, and yes i know its buyer beware and all. But dang EA fix known bugs and if you cant or it doesnt fit in your time schedule , stop banning people for buying things with said "bug". Hmmmm maybe the GM's are going postal ???? Just a thought.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Why is it EA`s fault for your inability to hover over and item to see the properties? I know I`ve bought a couple quivers a few days ago and ya know what? I checked em before I bought em,seemed pirty simple to me. /shrug.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how can you tell if a quiver is bugged or not PRIOR to it being in your backpack? Sorry if this is newbish.

L

Lord_Deimos

Why is it EA`s fault for your inability to hover over and item to see the properties? I know I`ve bought a couple quivers a few days ago and ya know what? I checked em before I bought em,seemed pirty simple to me. /shrug.

Thats not the question im asking...As I said before, I dont mind the ban...I have plenty of accounts to play...

The QUESTION...is why SHOULD I have to hover over a quiver before I buy it? Why do I HAVE to inspect it to make sure it isnt bugged?....Isnt this something that SHOULD of been fixed ages ago?

C

Connor_Graham

So how can you tell if a quiver is bugged or not PRIOR to it being in your backpack? Sorry if this is newbish.
It will show in the description that it's holding 0 Stones instead of 0/50 Stones.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

The QUESTION...is why SHOULD I have to hover over a quiver before I buy it? Why do I HAVE to inspect it to make sure it isnt bugged?....Isnt this something that SHOULD of been fixed ages ago?

As we all know,nothing happens fast in UO.Sad but true,prolly alot to do with 11 yr old coding and the 2d client.Hopefully SA will sway ALOT of peaple to the newer client so everyone with the need for instant gratification are satisfied with faster bug fixes and what not.

IMO w/o any offense intended,you can`t spare like 1 second to hover over an item you know has problems to safeguard your account?

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. Judging from all this, if I have one I should just immediately dump it and NOT call a GM?

LOL

D

drfunk

UGGGH Mitzlplik what happens when you forget... have you ever forgot something? Or are you perfect? Why is it up to the player to check to see if an item is bugged? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? So basically your mentality is this.. if we/EA screw up the code and we catch you with that mistake your going to get banned and possible lose money. I really doubt you would be singing the same tune if you were banned for accidently forgeting to check if it says 50 instead of 500?? Mitzlplik you sound like a dev.. maybe you should apply for a job at myth/ea im sure they could use another narrow minded rookie on the squad.

The problem with this argument of Mitzlplik is that EA has no problem and encorages involving family to create a character on a single account, or what if an account is sold.. how then is a person to know? But then again 99.9999% of us know this is B.S. so why am i wasting my time with this. AGAIN sorry demios... this is really stupid.

R

RuthieJ

UGGGH Mitzlplik what happens when you forget... have you ever forgot something? Or are you perfect? Why is it up to the player to check to see if an item is bugged? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? So basically your mentality is this.. if we/EA screw up the code and we catch you with that mistake your going to get banned and possible lose money. I really doubt you would be singing the same tune if you were banned for accidently forgeting to check if it says 50 instead of 500?? Mitzlplik you sound like a dev.. maybe you should apply for a job at myth/ea im sure they could use another narrow minded rookie on the squad.

The problem with this argument of Mitzlplik is that EA has no problem and encorages involving family to create a character on a single account, or what if an account is sold.. how then is a person to know? But then again 99.9999% of us know this is B.S. so why am i wasting my time with this. AGAIN sorry demios... this is really stupid.
Ditto

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to throw my 2 cents in on the comment:

Why don't the devs just fix this bug?!?!?

They fixed the one quiver that hadnt been a huge problem, not many posts on the boards asking/complaining about it. But the one big known problem, once again gets left wide open.

Go Figure *shrugs*

F

Flora Green

No one should have to check to see if the quiver is bugged. It should have been fixed long ago. That said, you know they are bugged and owned one before. It would have taken you a second to verify the quiver you purchased was or wasn't a bugged one. However, you shouldn't have been banned. We went from GM's that wouldn't bother responding to GM's obsessed with banning/suspending. How hard is it to train people properly?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a bunch of quivers i think some are bugged, if i put a few in a bag and page a gm to fix them, do u think ill get in trouble?

Tyrtle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to first state that yes! They need to fix this.

Secondly. What Jeremy said was that if you page on yourself you will not get in trouble. They will mark your account so that they know you are aware of this problem.

However, if you are caught with another one down the road, you will suffer the consequences of not paging on yourself.

The problem here is that you put it on and knew that it was bugged. You should have paged a GM to come fix again. Then you would not have gotten suspended.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it is a stupid debate

the bottom line is they should not be banning anyone that is using one of these, they should just remedy the problem ASAP

G

galefan2004

Ok. Judging from all this, if I have one I should just immediately dump it and NOT call a GM?

LOL
No, you should keep it in your backpack and never wear it like probably 70%+ archers do anyways. Someone has to actually page on you for a gm to bother checking it out. If its in you backpack no one knows you have it.

G

galefan2004

it is a stupid debate

the bottom line is they should not be banning anyone that is using one of these, they should just remedy the problem ASAP
For once, I agree with the beer dude. Banning people for a bug that is not fixed is stupid. What is even stupider is the fan bois here that think it is acceptable. If I was banned over something so stupid it would make me think twice before giving EA more money. I would really like to try WAR but I won't because I won't buy anything new that has the EA logo on it at the moment.

S

Sebrina

I am finally angry!

It is totally impossible for people to read the discussion boards all day and keep up with every issue that occurs with bugs and such. I try my damnest to follow as much as I am able to over the Stratics network and other boards to stay informed. It is just not possible to follow all the bug situations that occure. If there were 24 hours in a day to follow each and every post on every fan site for UO, I might actually be informed of most of the situations and problems.

A great number of people don't even have the time that I do to read rather than play the game. Yes they need to put up more updates on the openning screen to notify us of (Bad Situations) or possible account threats.

I play this game to have fun. Please make it so that I can, without having to look over my shoulder...And most of us out here are honest players, but UO police need to look at the programming to fix the bugs of the system rather than pulling guns on players. Police yourselves and there will be no more problems.

It's tough out there, and "Uniformed" is not an issue of leaving it to the boards to inform people, but is an issue that the GMs and EA/Mythic need to address directly and help keep people informed.

Heck, I've never dealt with runic hammers or some of these other items that are now bannable offenses, and I don't have time to read about all of them either...I DO have a real life. So fix bugs, give me a quick brief on any problems to avoid and let me get on with life and enjoy the game without fear of problems on the programming end.

K

Kith Kanan

Because its there half finished programming thats fault its bugged in the first place !!!!

Sebrina your absolutely right !!!!!!

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a bunch of quivers i think some are bugged, if i put a few in a bag and page a gm to fix them, do u think ill get in trouble?
No, you won't UNLESS you have had one fixed before. That is the problem/dig. If you have them fixed now, and one gets bugged again in the future (whether you notice it or not) you are screwed, because they will suspend you.

The big issue here is, they fixed all the bugged quivers, but they did NOT fix the bug! So ... a brand new quiver can still get bugged and become an illegal quiver. If you ever called to have one fixed, then you better be darn sure to dump any newly-bugged ones in the trash because you WILL be suspended for it. The GM's and Dev's are missing this. THE BUG IS STILL ACTIVE AND CAN HAPPEN WITH ZERO INTENT!

C

Connor_Graham

The big issue here is, they fixed all the bugged quivers
Uh.....No.....They didn't.

If they had then I wouldn't have had over 10 quivers that I had to get fixed when I returned to UO.

D

drfunk

BASICALLY this is the root of the issue. Not only do we feel bad for Demios but we are left with a side effect! We are all now gunshy. My advice to you Demonous (since your name is so close to the OP) is to start a trial account. Its easy to do. All you need is a credit card which will not be charged. Give the quivers to the dummy account... and then page... pray you dont get banned!!

HOW sad is it that we are left with this choice.

Mitzlplik_LP care to comment? Would you page a GM knowing this could happen to anyone? I doubt it!!!!! I find it hard to believe your not playing the DAdvocate when its obvious to us all this is B.S.

I ask that this thread be the longest running thread on stratics and maybe then they will understand our frustration... this ban takes the cake. Especially when the bug is completely usless as 50 stones hold more than enough arrows for a days adventures!!!! Some guy goes untouched for months selling endless supply of barbed kits yet the OP goes down for an honest mistake!!!! OVERBOARD

D

drfunk

Not when it's empty.
0/400 is empty Connor!

actually it is 0/400 not 0/500 as connor first stated.

I am looking at one right now. I will take a picture if i have the time. Its possible for a select few to show 0/500 but i have never seen one. Sorry for the typo in my previous post.

C

Connor_Graham

I am looking at one right now.
I was looking at one when I posted that earlier:

From what I've deduced, both are actually correct. They show as in my picture when they're in a locked down container. They change to show 0/400 when put into a backpack.

L

Lord_Deimos

The problem here is that you put it on and knew that it was bugged. You should have paged a GM to come fix again. Then you would not have gotten suspended.

Where did I say I put it on knowing it was bugged??? I didn't even think about it, I didn't remember. Why should I have to remember to inspect my quivers when I buy them? =\

D

drfunk

No, you won't UNLESS you have had one fixed before. That is the problem/dig. If you have them fixed now, and one gets bugged again in the future (whether you notice it or not) you are screwed, because they will suspend you.

The big issue here is, they fixed all the bugged quivers, but they did NOT fix the bug! So ... a brand new quiver can still get bugged and become an illegal quiver. If you ever called to have one fixed, then you better be darn sure to dump any newly-bugged ones in the trash because you WILL be suspended for it. The GM's and Dev's are missing this. THE BUG IS STILL ACTIVE AND CAN HAPPEN WITH ZERO INTENT!

This is all true. The bug happens when you place the quiver on a vendor.. (obviously there is more to it) My point is that the bug is so easy to do accidently. In fact that is how i discoverd the bug. It was by accident. i reported it when i was drug into jail and physically told a GM. I didnt think it was an issue because i am a warrior and using it for the 5% dci. The Gm told me that all the quivers had been fixed and announced so anyone in possesion of a bugged quiver must have done it... 'intentionally' This is obviously not the case. The problem is the devs dont even know what is going on or i doubt they would have acted on it this way.

D

drfunk

From what I've deduced, both are actually correct. They show as in my picture when they're in a locked down container. They change to show 0/400 when put into a backpack.

That is not the same quiver. That is the quiver of elements.. Not the quiver of infinity. So it appears the bug moves further into the realm of unreal. but the OP was specific in mentioning a quiver of infinity in his OP. none the less the picture speaks for itself.

D

drfunk

It doesn't matter. The quivers all show the same as far as quantity and weight.
uggh i didnt read your post entirelly

if your saying it says 0/500 when locked down who cares... its only when you wear it that it matters

D

drfunk

deleted image of no use

The quiver of elemnts can be bugged but it doesnt have to do with the ammo stat

I just looked and the ammo is no the stat that gets bugged. . I just tried. It only applies to the Content stat on the quiver of infinity and when bugged shows 0/400...

i have also done the same to the quiver of elements and it too can be bugged. The proper stat should be 0/50 content.. You can have a total of 500 arrows in your quiver.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh.....No.....They didn't.

If they had then I wouldn't have had over 10 quivers that I had to get fixed when I returned to UO.
Ahh yes, that is right. They were able to fix the ones that were in a certain place (on the char, in the bankbox? I don't recall for sure) and asked that we page to have any others that did not get fixed, fixed.

However, all of that is irrelevent because the bug is STILL ACTIVE, and can be done WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE/INTENT. Because of this, and this alone, there should be no account marks or suspentions/banning, especially for those who are reporting it themselves a second or third time, but also for those who are obviously not using the quiver for arrows. If you don't use it for arrows, you never have any reason to check its capacity status.

The fact is, the people that are knowingly abusing the bug do not wear the quiver visibly, because they do not want someone to report them for it. If the GM's and their bosses (who are NOT the developers, people!) should have even a lick of sense, they would know that.

Maybe we should poke Jeremy about the suspention thing, making VERY certain she understands that it is still an active bug and can be done unknowingly, and poke Messana to looking into the bug and getting it fixed.

W

Wynne

Fix the quivers already! ALL of them! And stop putting marks on people's account when they REPORT it themselves!

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What make the quiver bugged? If i make an archer do i have to be worried I have something buged?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Guess I would say Buyer Beware....... If you knew previously about bugged quivers and then you should have known this one was bugged before you bought it... should have just bought a token and picked a quiver.... but I guess 72 hours is better than a perma ban....

Please Click my Egg/Hatchling and help my dragon grow! Thanks.

K

Kiminality

Fix the quivers already! ALL of them! And stop putting marks on people's account when they REPORT it themselves!
The mark on your account for paging on yourself is just a note, for future reference of the GMs.
I recall it was stated that this was so, and that you shouldn't get banned for paging on yourself.
Although, if someone pages on you for having a bugged quiver, and you have that note on your account, then you're judged as being aware of the existence of bugged quivers, and using one knowingly.

Although, I once read how the bugged quivers become bugged.
I haven't tested it, but if it works the way I read it, then it's quite possible to accidentally bug a quiver (and "accidentally").

W

Wynne

The mark on your account for paging on yourself is just a note, for future reference of the GMs.
I recall it was stated that this was so, and that you shouldn't get banned for paging on yourself.
Although, if someone pages on you for having a bugged quiver, and you have that note on your account, then you're judged as being aware of the existence of bugged quivers, and using one knowingly.

Although, I once read how the bugged quivers become bugged.
I haven't tested it, but if it works the way I read it, then it's quite possible to accidentally bug a quiver (and "accidentally").
The 'note' (for which I did not even get an email) sure looked like a warning to me. I have asked for clarification from the help site at uo.com (or whatever it is now), and from Jeremy and have received no official word at all on whether this is an actual mark or not. The GM said it wasn't a mark, just a note, but it READ like a warning and suspension though I did not receive a suspension.