• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are you having fun?

• Thread starter imported_Qute Pi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Qute Pi

Ok lets make this quick and easy lol.

There are new features introduced or being developed. To me = Fun!
There are bugs and lag also introduced or being developed hehe. To me = Pain!

So...without getting into why you do or don't love the game, give me a simple answer. Lets say 75% of the time you are playing, is it Fun or a Pain?

Fun or Pain?

To me = Fun. Who cares why

How about you?

G

To me it's fun all the time! I have a great time in the Sims Online!

M

MandiK

I love it, its always fun for me
If it was a pain, I wouldnt be playing it, games arent supposed to stress you out or upset you. Thats silly

G

Now that I have my matches for lava lamp the game is fun... getting those matches was kinda painful...

J

JRock

Fun. Because I always like to be a part of something new and a founder again at that. I enjoyed the start up of TSO and now I am enjoying the start up of EA Land. Plus, I can't wait for all the future changes still to come.

G

I love the lava games! To me those are funnest. LOL To me bugs are fun. Sometimes complaining is fun. A good fight is always fun. I am having fun. I love the devs and most of what they are doing. The thing that I love most is the new mini games and contests. I feel really bad for the ones that have not been able to play.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So...without getting into why you do or don't love the game, give me a simple answer. Lets say 75% of the time you are playing, is it Fun or a Pain?

Fun or Pain?

How about you?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still waiting for the fun stuff.
For me, it's only a matter of staying up-to-date and prepared for the day the fun arrives.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Fun or Pain?

How about you?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still waiting for the fun stuff.
For me, it's only a matter of staying up-to-date and prepared for the day the fun arrives.

[/ QUOTE ]Is there a date or time to be on when the fun begins? Does the fun start at 4:00am and end at 4:05am?

If you can't tell, I am kidding. The game is fun but it is slowly going towards pain for me.

G

I'm having fun.

<font color="purple">City Hall is Depressing though</font>
But every time I read City Hall I get almost depressed, everyone is so negative.
Those who don't like the game anymore (and yada yada) should just leave already, so people who enjoy it can have their fun in peace.

<font color="purple">Economy is better now</font>
I like the game a lot.
I like the economy as it is now - even though it's really difficult to afford things.
When I had millions of simoleons I had no need to go out and meet people, and if I did go somewhere to earn money I had to count aloud every jam I made, to have someone come give me money and treat me like dirt (felt like begging) and had a suspicion that by doing so I was supporting someone with illegal bots.

<font color="purple">What makes a game fun?</font>
Some games are fun.
Some games are a challenge, and reaching your goals becomes the fun.

<font color="purple">Does that apply to TSO?</font>
I think this game has both those aspects right now.

The fun of hanging around a Welcome house or something, giggling about what that nutty chinese guy gets up to next.
And the challenge of earning enough money to upload my own CC and start a business again.

I really like it, and those who are sick of it should just stop playing.
I'm sure a lot of new players will take their place.
Maybe then we won't have to listen to that "I have played this for xxx years! I have the RIGHT TO...." and so on and so on.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

OMG. I'm still having a blast. Even when people are complaining of lag I find it fun. The extra challenge and danger of working in the robot factory during heavy lag is hilarious. While I don't enjoy the screaming customers in diners as much during lag, the extra challenge is there as well. Come to think of it, I hate those screaming customers in diners even when there is no lag. Pfft. Fake people just don't turn me on.

I'm meeting people from all over the world! I've managed to teach myself how to do a little custom content and have had fun experimenting. My home city has finally been merged and I feel better about setting up roots and a new life for myself. Or should I say for myselves! OMG. I have 8 sims in one place to keep up with. So much to do , so little time!

Oh yeah! The EA sponsored games are fun too. I'm not sure why people have trouble playing the games. They deliver my game cards the first day, and I've been able to complete my set by the following day. I would think giving everyone a week would be plenty of time. Well I guess it might be harder for all those people that have multiple accounts. I'm still glad I only have two.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm having fun.

<font color="purple">City Hall is Depressing though</font>
But every time I read City Hall I get almost depressed, everyone is so negative.
Those who don't like the game anymore (and yada yada) should just leave already, so people who enjoy it can have their fun in peace.

<font color="purple">Economy is better now</font>
I like the game a lot.
I like the economy as it is now - even though it's really difficult to afford things.
When I had millions of simoleons I had no need to go out and meet people, and if I did go somewhere to earn money I had to count aloud every jam I made, to have someone come give me money and treat me like dirt (felt like begging) and had a suspicion that by doing so I was supporting someone with illegal bots.

<font color="purple">What makes a game fun?</font>
Some games are fun.
Some games are a challenge, and reaching your goals becomes the fun.

<font color="purple">Does that apply to TSO?</font>
I think this game has both those aspects right now.

The fun of hanging around a Welcome house or something, giggling about what that nutty chinese guy gets up to next.
And the challenge of earning enough money to upload my own CC and start a business again.

I really like it, and those who are sick of it should just stop playing.
I'm sure a lot of new players will take their place.
Maybe then we won't have to listen to that "I have played this for xxx years! I have the RIGHT TO...." and so on and so on.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am trying to take a page out of other people's books and not let the drivel that some people post get under my skin.
Therefore, I will not post anything about arrogant jackasses expecting their unique perspective to be shared by everyone.

I won't.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Fake people just don't turn me on.

[/ QUOTE ]
What? Are you kidding?!
Marge Simpson is sooooo hot! She's fake, right?

...or is it Jessica Simpson????

Oh, well - what's the difference.

I

imported_Danny Dots

The game is fun most of the time... there are just things that need to be changed and added and hopefully they will change and add them

I

imported_queenme

right now definitely not

i dont have time to go thru it all thoroughly this mornin fore i head to the office but on a quick perusal of the two 5+ yr old sims that i had moving with properties and completely full size8 properties and completely full inventories...looks like i lost at least 50% of the items so ya mmmm NO
as in NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
I AM NOT HAVING FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so mmm ya the rest of yall hagd and better luck to u than to me i guess

G

<blockquote><hr>

I love the lava games! To me those are funnest.

[/ QUOTE ] Agreed those are fun!

<blockquote><hr>

LOL To me bugs are fun.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah sometimes those are fun....piledriving my would be sexual harrasser the other night from 3 inches away from him on the screen was a hoot

<blockquote><hr>

Sometimes complaining is fun. A good fight is always fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I have to say wholeheartedly I hope you were kidding.

G

I would have to say Fun most of the time. I also Play SL which of course everyone hears has such great things but what they dont have are the same type people playing. I have found myself back doing Sims more the last month. I love see old players come back and seeing old friends. There are a few things I dont love , but sometime change is hard to get used to. I still love this game and being with Friends makes it wayyy Fun to me.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Its fun for me most of the time
... oh god I need a life

[/ QUOTE ]

yea yea, meeee tooo...lol

G

I have been having internet connection problems (not fun!) for a month, that dump me completely offline, more times than people have crashed with game bugs...

....but I still have fun while when I can log in!

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I have been having internet connection problems (not fun!) for a month, that dump me completely offline, more times than people have crashed with game bugs...

....but I still have fun while when I can log in!

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to have that problem till I realized my router was bad...Did you check that?

G

Yes...we rewired the house with cad5e wire and replaced the router with an industrial strength one.....now I only lose connection 1 or 2 times a day, instead of every half hour. I am so used to being booted, that I hardly know what to do with myself after 15 minutes of gameplay....

Seriously, we believe the rest of the problem is on provider's side....the challenge is getting them to admit it and deal with it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes...we rewired the house with cad5e wire and replaced the router with an industrial strength one.....now I only lose connection 1 or 2 times a day, instead of every half hour. I am so used to being booted, that I hardly know what to do with myself after 15 minutes of gameplay....

Seriously, we believe the rest of the problem is on provider's side....the challenge is getting them to admit it and deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMGGGGG I can so relate to this. We switched to Vonage for our phone service in mid-February, and left our DSL with AT&amp;T. Only one computer in the house, so no router, but every since we switched to Vonage we get booted off the net for 2-5 seconds every hour on the nose. This is *just* enough time to get an error 23, BUT I did note today that I can still host because I can get back in the lot and save the house from dumping since I'm only down for 2-5 seconds. I sure do wish they'd set error 23s not to happen until you lose internet connection for like 30 seconds or something. I think that would solve alot of the frequent error 23 issues. Vonage says those blips are happening because of a lack of bandwidth, and AT&amp;T does offer a package that is 6Mbps instead of 3Mbps, but naturally living out in BFE they don't offer it out quite as far as I am yet......bummer, cuz it's only $5 a month more and would still give a HUGE savings over what we were paying for phone and internet service to AT&amp;T, so it would totally be worth it.

G

Looking forward to the future of more CC to come, getting creative again. It's the building aspect that draws me in. The design power and decor that brought me back. Then there are the kind players I meet, that make me want to play more. The job tracks I never tire of, and this web site has me coming back to reveal the good news, this new earth is thriving with new fertilizer.

I

imported_rpsky3

i really would love to make CC, but i dont know how and get lost easy. I would need a private teacher lol. I had a wonderful sim show me step by step on how to do the pictures... she is such a sweet angel!

G

I am having more fun than I have in a long, long time.

My AV sim just merged today. I can finally open up my store that EA had been holding in escrow.

G

75% of my time in game = work, which to me has never been fun, I consider skilling, and doing anything necessary to earn money including the monotonous time it takes to stock a shop with custom content to be work.

I miss bashing my pinata in my home (service lot) for something to do, now I find myself hiding most of the time when I am there, because there is nothing to do at home, so why bother needing to green.

C

Carter'

I for one love the game i think everything devolopers are doing is great and making the game better!THANKS FOR NOT LETTS TSO DIE!

K

knotter02

lol wow we know how to follow directions. . . she said she doesnt care why you think its fun or its a pain. hahaha

fun for me

I

imported_rpsky3

<blockquote><hr>

Niki and Thrill offer a CC class on saturdays.

[/ QUOTE ]

wonderful. i think i will have to take it.. lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Niki and Thrill offer a CC class on saturdays.

[/ QUOTE ]

wonderful. i think i will have to take it.. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do join us.
There is a thread in the CC forum that we use to keep track of classes.

I have had the strangest and most fun day I've had in years. I was really excited about my AV house being merged, I just built it and I really love it. I didnt really intend to stay in game tho. One after another new players popped in. Then the Brazilian contingent arrived. From then on it was a whirlwind of activity. I didnt understand even 1/10th of the conversation tho lol. Thank goodness gensi came over and helped translate or I'd never have survied!

At first I thought oh cool a brazilian player. Then anther and I thought how odd. Then a 3rd 4th 5th... I started to think someone was playing a joke on me, but it turns out theres an ad in some Brazilian gaming website and they chose today to play and my house to visit. How strange is that!

I been joking about it all day, I think I am cursed because I told a friend yesterday I have no ear for languages. Now I think I'm the Staton Island of EA Land or the cosmos have decided to mess with me, or something equally bizarre. I think I need a statue of liberty at my lot!

So welcome to EA Land all new players, I may not be able to talk to you but I'm happy you're with us all the same!

So yes I still have fun every single time I login.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Looking forward to the future of more CC to come, getting creative again. It's the building aspect that draws me in. The design power and decor that brought me back. Then there are the kind players I meet, that make me want to play more. The job tracks I never tire of, and this web site has me coming back to reveal the good news, this new earth is thriving with new fertilizer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes seems you need alot of that to make things grow and I'm all for growth and lots of it so pile it on!!!! I'm having great FUN, always have.

A

anniebonz

Yes, I am having fun. I am glad someone stepped up and took over this dying/dead game and did the mass cpr to revive it.

You can still call your peeps "Sims" if you want. Im sure the EA-Land Police aren't gonna show up and put you in some red room and let you pee on yourself till you die.

Did any of the whiners even think, that if they hadn't made these changes that the game would have just died altogether? Left hangin in limbo till it just wasn't there one day.

I totally agree with lettin the devs know your opinions and problems with the game, so they can fix/deal with it. They want that.

But some of these negative forum posts sound like 9 year olds that just got kicked in the shin and told Santa ain't real. Quit yer freakin cryin, jesus h christ in the mornin time. If you're really that unhappy there are like 4 million other games you can find to play. If your broke and need money to buy another game, I'll send you one of my copies of WoW and give you something to really whine about.

I know the thread asked for fun or not but I felt like venting. So sue me.
I expect to get flamed by the whiners and that's ok ..I still love you and this game. lol

/love and hugs to everyone
even if EA-Land stole your real life house, kicked your dog and told your grandma there are naked pics of you on the internet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, I am having fun. I am glad someone stepped up and took over this dying/dead game and did the mass cpr to revive it.

You can still call your peeps "Sims" if you want. Im sure the EA-Land Police aren't gonna show up and put you in some red room and let you pee on yourself till you die.

Did any of the whiners even think, that if they hadn't made these changes that the game would have just died altogether? Left hangin in limbo till it just wasn't there one day.

I totally agree with lettin the devs know your opinions and problems with the game, so they can fix/deal with it. They want that.

But some of these negative forum posts sound like 9 year olds that just got kicked in the skin and told Santa ain't real. Quit yer freakin cryin, jesus h christ in the mornin time. If your really that unhappy there are like 4 million other games you can find to play. If your broke and need money to buy another game, I'll send you one of my copies of WoW and give you something to really whine about.

I expect to get flamed by the whiners and that's ok ..I still love you and this game. lol

even if EA-Land stole your real life house, kicked your dog and told your grandma there are naked pics of you on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whining about the "whiners" makes you a whiner.
Here's yer badge - wear it proudly.

A

anniebonz

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

But some of these negative forum posts sound like 9 year olds that just got kicked in the skin and told Santa ain't real. Quit yer freakin cryin, jesus h christ in the mornin time. If your really that unhappy there are like 4 million other games you can find to play. If your broke and need money to buy another game, I'll send you one of my copies of WoW and give you something to really whine about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whining about the "whiners" makes you a whiner.
Here's yer badge - wear it proudly.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I been waiting hours for this post

G

I'm having fun.
I came back to EA Land a week ago, when I found out that...*surprise* this game's not dead yet! I was so amazed and excited to play it again. Maybe it's nostalgia or sentimentality. Perhaps it's that ol' Sim (er, avatar) magic. I just can't get enough of this game.

A lot of people will complain about the bugs and lag, but I'm happy that it's still around. A month before I left FFXI (Final Fantasy 11), there was much discussion, in-game and in the forums, about its steady decline and impending death. But that's not the case with EA-Land. It's still plugging away, and everyday, more new people are hopping aboard for the fun. It's great.

I'm thrilled that the good folks at EA games have given me the chance to play TSO/EA-Land again.

M

maximumNugget

Yup it's been fun for me too, threw all the Lag and the pain of the lava game
still loving Tso/EAL, and i even Start a Freebe acount just to have More Fun !!!

Thx for ask
Max

G

Having Fun because of the other players, Pain because of the game itself.

*Sets the Cheerleaders Poms Poms on Fire*....Oh look, more fun.

I

imported_Spacey

Fun = FINALLY skilling and making $ in a FULL house! Seeing friends again... all in one city! Making my own CC and viewing others CC.

Not fun = Verification Loops... I hope I have seen my last one!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Having Fun because of the other players, Pain because of the game itself.

*Sets the Cheerleaders Poms Poms on Fire*....Oh look, more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]Oooh, flaming pom-poms! Awesome!!!