• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

anyone recently gone though EMT class?

Q

qqqa2

i have to register here soon and i have to take some sort of drug test and i was just curious what kind of drug test you had to take when you took yours

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
All of them.

Z

Zippididooda

what drug might you be worried about?
id imagine its a lab test, not a simple strip

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya EMT is pretty hardcore.

Not only do you have the drug test but you also have the psych eval and the swimsuit competition.

enigma eb2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assure you that if you are in any way worried..... well then your pretty screwed.

Q

qqqa2

im sure you speed in your car all the time, thats breaking the law too

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prometheus went through it. I know I recently did a hair test and that dates back 2 years worth.

Q

qqqa2

when you speed you put peoples life at danger, smoking pot i just get giggly. and im not putting anyones life in danger.

think for yourself dont let society tell you whats right and wrong and if you cant see that speeding and threatening peoples life is worse then someone getting giggly then your a ****ing idiot

S

Shakaja

laws about drugs should get stricter, not looser. just because you can murder someone shouldnt make a drug legal, just because its not as bad. and of course marijuana can be used to cure certain things, but so can tons of other things. doesnt mean it has to be legal, just leave it to the professionals who know who to use it and for the cases where it helps.

S

Shakaja

i dont and i for sure think law on it should be alot more strict. as well as smoking cigarets. and yes, i dont smoke neither.

A

Azural Kane

laws about drugs should get stricter, not looser. just because you can murder someone shouldnt make a drug legal, just because its not as bad. and of course marijuana can be used to cure certain things, but so can tons of other things. doesnt mean it has to be legal, just leave it to the professionals who know who to use it and for the cases where it helps.
Yeah, nothing to see here folks, move along. Just leave it to the "professional" drug dealing companies... y'know, the ones that want to keep profiting off your Paxil and Chemotherapy drugs and don't want any competition, especially not the potentially free kind.

Edit: Not to mention the current laws do nothing to actually stop substance abuse. They succeed only in driving it down to the black market. The War on Drugs is nothing but a profit machine. They can't make tax revenue off pot, so, they make it illegal so they can make revenue via the court system. It has nothing to do with "harmful effects" and everything to do with the mighty dollar.

R

RedDaTeef

One thing there is for this senario, is a small bottle of synthetic urine that comes whith a heat pad.
Heat your synthetic urine up to the proper tempeture.
Possiblly Ace bandage the bottle and heat pad to you body.
Under most conditions they allow you to pee in private.
Before anybody makes any wild assumptions about me and how I know about this...I read about it on the internet.
Internet said this product is reliable and sold at most headshops.

S

Shakaja

Yeah, nothing to see here folks, move along. Just leave it to the "professional" drug dealing companies... y'know, the ones that want to keep profiting off your Paxil and Chemotherapy drugs and don't want any competition, especially not the potentially free kind.
[\QUOTE]

the problems of your medical system cant be solved by making a drug legal, try to change the medical system, not the legality of a drug.

Edit: Not to mention the current laws do nothing to actually stop substance abuse. They succeed only in driving it down to the black market. The War on Drugs is nothing but a profit machine. They can't make tax revenue off pot, so, they make it illegal so they can make revenue via the court system. It has nothing to do with "harmful effects" and everything to do with the mighty dollar.
thats exactly why i say the law should become stricter, and not looser. and thats exactly the sad part. they make drugs legal, just because they can make tax revenue off it. those drugs should be as illegal as other ones.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or he could just wait to take the test, and in the mean time, stop doing drugs altogether. What a novel idea...la

D

Dante-KSS

I am in EMT right now in NJ. It is a tough class that requires you to think. All the advice I can give to someone taking the class is pay attention, take notes, study, and learn Patient Assessment. If anyone has any specific question contact me. I enjoy the class and I have learned a lot of stuff that is great for everyday applications.:thumbup1:

Joshua Friedrich
Firefighter/EMT in training
Cinnaminson Fire Department
Cinnaminson, NJ

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am in EMT right now in NJ. It is a tough class that requires you to think. All the advice I can give to someone taking the class is pay attention, take notes, study, and learn Patient Assessment. If anyone has any specific question contact me. I enjoy the class and I have learned a lot of stuff that is great for everyday applications.:thumbup1:

Joshua Friedrich
Firefighter/EMT in training
Cinnaminson Fire Department
Cinnaminson, NJ
Dante...somehow I don't think you have or will ever have the OP's specific EMT test worries, and that is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. ;)

-Skylark

A

Alrich

geez so many haters vs weed... so sad.

Now that aside, I *DO* have to say I wouldn't want EMTs near me being potheads, or on any drug for the matter, though I highly disagree with the fact that marijuana is illegal while alchohol considered completely acceptable.

Actually has anyone seen the movie dewie cox? funniest skit ever on weed in that, and it is so true.

weed was only made illegal due to 30's racist drug reform because it supposedly caused black men to **** the white women. How messed up is that? And since that it has only stayed illegal due to law and the money court and police systems make on it. More is known about marijuana then any of the plethora of new "fix it now" drugs that the drug conglomerates spend billions and billions of dollars to advertise every commercial break on your television. Want problems? look up drug lawyers and the literal millions of US cases alone of side effects ruining and killing people, then try to find a single one from weed.

It grows in the ground! let it grow, tax it, and put it in a similar law form as alchohol.

Alcohol kills hundreds of thousands ever year, either from overdose or people doing stupid **** like drinking and driving. Where potheads sit at home, get stupid and eat cupcakes but get arrested when they have to go to second hand black market uncontrolled sources to get a bag when it could be regulated taxed and still sold for 1/5th the price it costs now.

*sigh*

reminds me of my one friend's mother, always on painkillers because they are "doctor subscribed so its ok" and yet she thought anyone who smoked pot was a malcontent scoundrel raping and pillaging anything in their path who deserved jailtime and nothing less.. What has the world come to :cursing:

S

Shakaja

... people doing stupid **** like drinking and driving. Where potheads sit at home ...
there are plenty people drinking at home and plenty people driving stoned. driving stoned is no better than driving drunk. i see your point that alcohol being legal is stupid, but so would weed be. fight to make alcohol illegal, not weed legal.

A

Azural Kane

there are plenty people drinking at home and plenty people driving stoned. driving stoned is no better than driving drunk. i see your point that alcohol being legal is stupid, but so would weed be. fight to make alcohol illegal, not weed legal.
Freedom of choice ring a bell? :) What someone does in the privacy of their own home is of no consequence nor harm to you. (Unless they're driving, and there are tests that will test for that. It's similar to a roadside coordination test. Test the persons ability to be coordinated and drive, similar to standing on one foot/touching your nose with alcohol, but more sophisticated.)

A

Alrich

they tried that once-- called the prohibition, and it didn't work.

That aside, I don't want to fight to make alcohol illegal.

Weed CAN NOT kill you no matter how much you smoke at once and yet it is considered deadlier then something that is legal--and will never be otherwise.

Both should be legal, and both should be regulated under the proper commitees. Freedom and liberty not prohibitions and limitations. Wasn't that what america was founded on 300 years ago? Man that was surely lost in present times.

S

Shakaja

they tried that once-- called the prohibition, and it didn't work.

That aside, I don't want to fight to make alcohol illegal.

Weed CAN NOT kill you no matter how much you smoke at once and yet it is considered deadlier then something that is legal--and will never be otherwise.

Both should be legal, and both should be regulated under the proper commitees. Freedom and liberty not prohibitions and limitations. Wasn't that what america was founded on 300 years ago? Man that was surely lost in present times.

first off, again you mention that weed should be legal because its less deadly than something that is legal. and again im going to tell you that then the problem lies in the worse thing being legal.

what does it matter if a drug can or cannot kill you. the problem is that people are not able to respect the life of others and they cant judge what will affect them in a way where they could put others into danger. drinking is legal, driving drunk isnt. now look at how many people get cought driving drunk, how many accidents happen with drunken people involved. would people still drive drunk if drinking itself was illegal? yeah probably, but the numbers would decrease significantly for the simple reason that people couldnt get drunk that easy. i think that also shows my point about regulated under proper commitees.

liberty and freedom was what america was founded on? im not even going to get started about that. neither am i american, nor do i live there. and most importantly, i dont watch your tv. i can tell you, youd be surprised about what you hear. liberty and freedom for sure isnt something your country represents on other parts of the world. heck, when hearing about some of the laws you guys have over there im not even sure how you could think that.

well ill stop now, this will most likely removed anyways. if you can see it and want to reply, just icq me or i wont be able to read it as im going to bed.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
weed was only made illegal due to 30's racist drug reform because it supposedly caused black men to **** the white women.
Let's not forget that hemp absolutely terrified William Randolph Hearst, the newspaper mogul that helped push the "War on Marihuana" because he was so heavily invested in DuPont, who in turn wanted the plant deemed illegal because of it's uses in the textile, paint, and yes, even plastics industries.

Gee, large corporate conglomerates influencing the way the United States laws and governmental decrees are handed down, who would have thought??

/sarcasm

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's not forget that hemp absolutely terrified William Randolph Hearst, the newspaper mogul that helped push the "War on Marihuana" because he was so heavily invested in DuPont, who in turn wanted the plant deemed illegal because of it's uses in the textile, paint, and yes, even plastics industries.

Gee, large corporate conglomerates influencing the way the United States laws and governmental decrees are handed down, who would have thought??

/sarcasm
Ya,while we're at it let's make peyote legal too...rolleyes:

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freedom of choice ring a bell? :) What someone does in the privacy of their own home is of no consequence nor harm to you. (Unless they're driving, and there are tests that will test for that. It's similar to a roadside coordination test. Test the persons ability to be coordinated and drive, similar to standing on one foot/touching your nose with alcohol, but more sophisticated.)
Ya, the only problem with that is most people don't stay home and do drugs...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope you don't honestly believe this i know plenty of potheads and ppl who live and die for weed just like alcohol...should weed be illegal ofcourse and so should alcohol but sitting here trying to say weed doesnt harm you etc. is just plain comical...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
If you want to smoke weed, then choose a career that does not involve having someone's life in your hands. A career in janitorial services springs to mind.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

/sarcasm
*Pins a star on T'Challa*

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thats what started the whole process of making pot illegal. Had nothing to do with the effects of the plant. It's always about the dollar.

It's really sad actualy. There are chemicals that you can put on hemp to negate all the recreational effects. It's really a wonderous plant with unlimited uses.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Pins a star on T'Challa*

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thats what started the whole process of making pot illegal. Had nothing to do with the effects of the plant. It's always about the dollar.

It's really sad actualy. There are chemicals that you can put on hemp to negate all the recreational effects. It's really a wonderous plant with unlimited uses.

Just like coca leaves right?rolleyes:

D

Dante-KSS

The point of this thread wasn't to discuss the views people have on weed....somebody asked a question about becoming an EMT.

This is the reason threads get locked.:lame:

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just like coca leaves right?rolleyes:
There is no comparing the two. Coca leaves are taken through a process that uses many toxic chemicals to make cocain. Hemp is all natural. But this is besides the point. I wasn't talking about any sort of recreational use of hemp. Take smoking completely out of the picture hemp has a huge array of uses like foods (no THC), fuel, clothing and textiles, paints, paper and building matrerial.

Don't take my word for it Goggle "uses of hemp" and see for yourself.

Just to clarify. I am in no way pro-pot for smoking. I am very much pro-hemp.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Damn. I have seen this thread before.

dp_dropout

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where did this thing come from?

So not only do we get to enjoy the whole cheezer - MM2 dramafest from TC, we get other stratics boards' crap as well? :wall:

T

Trillian

if anyone can tell me where this thread came from...i'll be happy to return it to its rightful home...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
if anyone can tell me where this thread came from...i'll be happy to return it to its rightful home...
It started on Siege. Just so you know. I did not move it. I thought it was fine where it was.

W

Wisty

Why is it crap? You regulars get too complacent in your use of OT. You forget it's for "everyone" -- even for those who will never agree with you and or whose typing or grammar may not be perfect. But then none of us are perfect in that; even me, who is well above average in my typing/spelling/grammar abilities. Failing eyesight, however, is allowing for more and more typos to sneak through. :(

As for weed, I've mixed emotions about it. I realize it is helpful for those in extreme pain and for certain other illnesses. I'm ok with it as an RX, but NOT ok with it "smoked". Smoke is very invasive, and I suffer hell from it living here where one weird group of guys who live in one place burn horrific stuff off/on all year round in their chimney, garbage, plastic, wood, who knows what, smells like hell, the likes of which waft, sometimes downpour, into MY windows! I've been working with various county departments to curtail it, but... laws are still vague. And then there are the new neighbors on other side, all of whom stay home more than not, all smoke, and that too is pouring into MY side. Me who quit smoking 15+ years ago, to be healthier, and now all this ****! :cursing::cursing::cursing:

So, smoke = invasive = my biggest complaint about pot.

Secondly is, it does alter ones rational and coordination, and it's bad enough people drive while drunk and or can't handle any booze. Don't need to encourage more of that a la pot.

Thirdly, dunno what long term damage affects it has on chronic use, or even temporary use.

Fourthly, dunno what encouraging more smoking will do to adding to our already polluted air.

Aside from those (and anything I am not recalling at moment), I'm moderately ok with pot. I myself don't like it. Tried it way back in the 60s. Didn't like it at all. When I need to kick back and relax, a cup of tea or a small glass of wine or a warm shower works fine for me. When still married or with bf, add sex to that list.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What a long strange trip it has been.

W

Wisty

Now THIS is weird. How did I wind up on UO Siege Perilous? I was just on OT. Totally confused now. *Edit - fortunately I don't think I said anything that wouldn't be ok outta OT? Eesh.