• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else getting targetd, attacked and killed while stealthed and hidden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What evidence do you have to support this? I'm not saying there is or may be a hack or exploit, but if you are going to post something so bold, can you back it up?
Not without getting an infraction or a ban I can't. I'm a shady character remember, I know all about these things.

R

RichDC

Well, i know for a FACT that you can still target hidden players with certain items, exp pots will go to the exact spot(if they dont move) shurikens, fuki darts...snow. So its plausable that a mage can still cast...and listening to the op its quite apparant its a hack if the player wasnt on screen, ran on screen while he was hidden and TARGETED him with an exp, fs.

But cheats dont exist!

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, i know for a FACT that you can still target hidden players with certain items, exp pots will go to the exact spot(if they dont move) shurikens, fuki darts...snow. So its plausable that a mage can still cast...and listening to the op its quite apparant its a hack if the player wasnt on screen, ran on screen while he was hidden and TARGETED him with an exp, fs.

But cheats dont exist!
Those cheat's don't exist, trammel tales do. Another tale of hacking just because a player is stupid, it's the same thing as the insurance bug.

I tested EXP pots going to the "exact spot" if they stand still, that doesn't work, if you use last target on somebody hidden with Exp pots it says "target cannot be seen" and blows up on you. You sir are a liar.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The OP also posted this:

BUT Meteor Swarm is a target spell you cannot, CANNOT, just target an area for it to work you have to have a direct target. The problem is he was able to be targeted without being visible. Plain Dead Wrong.
Clearly they are not aware of even the most basic game mechanics, so I wouldn't trust any tales made up by them.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll clear up some myths:

4) There is no way to "speed up mounting speed"
Bullcrap. I know this exploit myself. I don't use it but I heard someone clearly explain it to me and saw them use it. No I won't reproduce it and no I won't tell anyone how it's done.

You people are cracking me up. Exploits exists.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bullcrap. I know this exploit myself. I don't use it but I heard someone clearly explain it to me and saw them use it. No I won't reproduce it and no I won't tell anyone how it's done.

You people are cracking me up. Exploits exists.
It doesn't exist. There was formally one where you could mount and run at the same time, but that no longer works and it definitely did not increase the speed at which you could mount. Oh and by the way, you do know they reduced the ethy mount timer recently?

*edit* Getting tired of debating with trams over issues they are clearly clueless about. Refer to post #49 if you want the truth.

R

RichDC

Those cheat's don't exist, trammel tales do. Another tale of hacking just because a player is stupid, it's the same thing as the insurance bug.

I tested EXP pots going to the "exact spot" if they stand still, that doesn't work, if you use last target on somebody hidden with Exp pots it says "target cannot be seen" and blows up on you. You sir are a liar.
Ok, ok, i have done it on my thief had it done to my thief with all the items i mentioned.

But of course cheats dont exist.

T

The Home Guild

I being in the home business...do idocs on all facets.
i found myself as well months ago stealthing around reds and i assumed they used tracking..but they attacked me while i was hidden and steathing away and killed me.It happened over 5 times same players.I don;t know how they saw me hidden/stealthing but they could and i was attacked and ganked.

So now i read this thread and see it must have been and still going exploit.
It needs to be fixed.

NOTE:Meteor Swarm was used on me,also there was no trees,no monsters/pets..just open land and he used that spell on me and killed,like i was visible to him.

C

Chiera

But of course cheats dont exist.
Do I detect a sublte irony in this statement ;)

I mean, cheats in this game ? Now, you got to be kidding.. right ? I mean according to innumerous threads on Uhall and stated by the upmost authorities in game play there was no such thing as script looting, it's just that some people are incredibly fast and have build in xray on their monitors (get better equipment noob!). Speedhacking ? Not in this game, technically impossible. It's really just smart connections with pings already in the negatives (invest in a better conn, noob!). Script mining ? Never, you know it's just some peeps who are a wee bit strong on their ocd score (Well, yes...). And of course there is no such thing as a cheat to let you target hidden players. That's just the informed use of JOAT and the expertise knowledge of game mechanics that let's you track those dastardly stealthers when they log on already! If you didn't know that... learn to play!

Sometimes I have a really hard time to decide which fiction is more entertaining. Uhall or the game itself.

R

RichDC

LOL well said!!Irony...me?!? NEVER!!! :p

Although i have got to say something, playing a mage...they dont need to target anything for meteor swarm...you can target a tile and it will target all in its are(stealthed or not).

I cant find the pic but theres a really good one posted on stratics about non-existant cheats!

S

SwordBlaze

Heh only someone trying to hide the existence of the hacks would deny the fact that they exist. Not saying they personally use them but for some reason they want them to stay. Whatever, it is up to the devs on who they listen too.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NOTE:Meteor Swarm was used on me,also there was no trees,no monsters/pets..just open land and he used that spell on me and killed,like i was visible to him.
NOTE: Meteor Swarm can be targetted ON THE GROUND! It can be targetted on the person casting it! It WILL hit invis'd players just like a conflag pot will! This is the whole reason that people use this spell. LEARN the mechanics of the spell you are decrying as a hack before making an boob of yourself ....

T

The Home Guild

NOTE: Meteor Swarm can be targetted ON THE GROUND! It can be targetted on the person casting it! It WILL hit invis'd players just like a conflag pot will! This is the whole reason that people use this spell. LEARN the mechanics of the spell you are decrying as a hack before making an boob of yourself ....
Then i'd say it's bull****.
as for you accusing me/slander that i said it was a hack..
check my comments before you assume again.
Thanks.

note:Casting spells while someone is hidden and actually attacking the hidden player i would assume would be a type of bug. It needs to be fixed.

R

RichDC

Then i'd say it's bull****.
as for you accusing me/slander that i said it was a hack..
check my comments before you assume again.
Thanks.

note:Casting spells while someone is hidden and actually attacking the hidden player i would assume would be a type of bug. It needs to be fixed.
You would assume wrong, Area spells (earthquake, meteor swarm, chain lightning, essence of wind, thunderstorm, poison strike, poison fields, para fields probs a few more cant think of them atm...note wither and holy light dont work) will attack a player stealthed/invised...the chain lighting and meteor swarm are considered the most effective as it will actually "show" where the player is(the fireball or lighting will land there)#

Targeted spells (which is what this started as and i assumed is a hack...starting to question whehter it is just player error now) like flamestrike and exp require a visible target.

Edit: however having stealthed snowball fights is F**KING hilarious!!!

T

The Home Guild

You would assume wrong, Area spells (earthquake, meteor swarm, chain lightning, essence of wind, thunderstorm, poison strike, poison fields, para fields probs a few more cant think of them atm...note wither and holy light dont work) will attack a player stealthed/invised...the chain lighting and meteor swarm are considered the most effective as it will actually "show" where the player is(the fireball or lighting will land there)#

Targeted spells (which is what this started as and i assumed is a hack...starting to question whehter it is just player error now) like flamestrike and exp require a visible target.

Edit: however having stealthed snowball fights is F**KING hilarious!!!
I Agree with snowball fights..

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'll clear up some myths:

1) There is no hack, bug, exploit or anything to physically "see" or track a hidden player, other than the skill tracking. I am 100% certain, you are merely getting hit by meteor swarm or you had EXP on you then you got FS'ed as you hid and you assumed it was a hack. Calling people hackers is generally because you are bad (of course with the exception of the blatantly obvious speedhack). However there is ONE extremely rare bug that is nearly impossible to replicate that allows an archer only to swing at a hidden player, they cannot see him, if they come within range they will swing.
Yes, there is. It's been confirmed. Sorry you don't know about it so you can't use it yet.

2) I believe there is a bug to walk through paralyze fields or something a long those lines but there is no hack that allows you to walk through them, from memory it is simply a smart use of game mechanics... some people may call it an exploit.
Once you get the static fields hack this exploit works right along with it.

3) There is a hack to walk through some static items, bagballs are one. However it doesn't work for most static things (I don't believe it works for tombstones).
Yes it works for every static thing except trees. This hack was offered to me twice this week alone. A few people xfered to Catskills recently use it.

4) There is no way to "speed up mounting speed", 4fc hack, ect ect.
You've never seen this? I thought it was just bugged characters I didn't know it was a hack. (the mounting thing. Idk about the fc thing) You can see the difference when someone mounts their ethy their characters do something different than the rest of us... ie swing their arms in a strange way... Guy in my guild had this going on, says he doesn't know how it happened. I'm not convinced peoples characters aren't being bugged somehow (on purpose or on accident... like being blue and putting people in stat...)

I don't understand why people feel the need to argue these points. I've seen people using these hacks. You can see hidden people. You can run through para fields (without use of a trap box). You can run through everything.
This is like saying there's no stump hack. Sure people who don't know it exists will probably have a hard time believing or understanding it, but that doesn't mean it's not there and that people aren't using it. Maybe try being more open minded. If a GM can see a hidden person, isn't it just a tiny bit possible that the client files could be modified so that *you* could see a hidden person too? The mechanics are in the game for all of these things. Players are learning to manipulate them more and more. It's not as hard as you might think it is.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I being in the home business...do idocs on all facets.
i found myself as well months ago stealthing around reds and i assumed they used tracking..but they attacked me while i was hidden and steathing away and killed me.It happened over 5 times same players.I don;t know how they saw me hidden/stealthing but they could and i was attacked and ganked.

So now i read this thread and see it must have been and still going exploit.
It needs to be fixed.

You don't need trees or anything for MS or CL. You can just target where the person is even if they aren't showing that's why its an Area of Effect spell. Also you were probably already on tracking. I know when I go to an Idoc after I kill a stealther they usually res up quick and come back. Most of the time these morons are STILL on tracking from the first time so you cast your MS and kill them again for being stupid and coming back so fast.

Petrify seems to be the only person who knows what hes talking about in this thread. I just want to go back and laugh at the person who claimed you can mount faster with a bug. Ever since they changed pet balls they cut the mounting time to ~65% of how long it use to take. Many of you really do not understand game mechanics. It's sad

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter what YOU don't understand is how you argue things. No one said that you can't move through static items we've all seen the boxes bagballs ect. NO ONE SAID YOU CAN'T DO THAT. However you can't get through para fields unless its the ways I've mentioned, like it or not you're wrong on that deal with it.

How is it that only two people have seen these amazing hacks that don't exist when people tried to find them? Maybe, just maybe, you are wrong..

I mean people are self imcriminating how dumb they are claiming you can't do damage to a hidden player with spells. You have the home guild over here claiming since there were no trees someone used and exploit to hit him with an AoE spell..

It's comical how bad players hear a rumor and think it's true. He probably went back and said how did you hit me with nothing was around and the red that killed him made a up a hack and that idiot believed it.

Answer me this why is it that bad players ALWAYS claim things are hacks, and it is NEVER that the other player is better and actually knows the games mechanics. Everytime someone dies its ALWAYS a hack, never oh I was out played. It's pathetic.

Stay on point and answer my questions please. The only thing that was accurate in all these its all cheats posts is people being able to walk through bag balls candleabras gravestones and boxes.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is really sad is the amount of cheaters in this dying game.

Believe what you want, there is no field hack, no stump hack, no one runs speeder programs, whatever.

The truth is there are multiple cheats being used every single day. Just because a 10 minute google search doesn't bring them up, doesn't mean they don't exist. Some people do have the ability to write their own scripts/cheats and they then distribute it to people they know, which is why they are able to fly under the radar. It isn't until someone gives the cheat to a site or is stupid enough to start bragging about it that the cheat becomes common knowledge.

If it wasn't against the rules I could list mutliple posters, past and present who argued the same way as yourself, claiming there is no cheating and that the rest of us just suck. Unfortunately these people are so stupid they post pictures of themselves cheating on this site and others.

Now get back to burying your head in the sand.... I'm sure all these cheats are just a figment of your imagination.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Flutter what YOU don't understand is how you argue things. No one said that you can't move through static items we've all seen the boxes bagballs ect. NO ONE SAID YOU CAN'T DO THAT. However you can't get through para fields unless its the ways I've mentioned, like it or not you're wrong on that deal with it.

How is it that only two people have seen these amazing hacks that don't exist when people tried to find them? Maybe, just maybe, you are wrong..

I mean people are self imcriminating how dumb they are claiming you can't do damage to a hidden player with spells. You have the home guild over here claiming since there was tree someone used and exploit to hit him with an AoE spell..

It's comical how bad players hear a rumor and think it's true. He probably went back and said how did you hit me with nothing was around and the red that killed him made a up a hack and that idiot believed it.

Answer me this why is it that bad players ALWAYS claim things are hacks, and it is NEVER that the other player is better and actually knows the games mechanics. Everytime someone dies its ALWAYS a hack, never oh I was out played. It's pathetic.

Stay on point and answer my questions please. The only thing that was accurate in all these its all cheats posts is people being able to walk through bag balls candleabras gravestones and boxes.
I used the hacks I mentioned as examples of what cheats are out there and how it's very possible there are even more that you the great GOD of UO don't know about. There's no way I am going to get into the game and show you how to cheat so I guess you're just going to have to believe that no one can run through a para field, FS a hidden person, or even run through a tombstone.

You are so right! There's no cheats! Silly players. Bad players just THINK there are cheats. Yeah! That's the ticket.
/sarcasm.

I'm not wasting any more time with you. If a dev member wants me to show him any of these cheats I will be glad to sandbox it with them. It's a total waste to even bother posting here regarding this anyway. Those who have seen it know it's true, and those who haven't don't.
Believe whatever you want.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You did an excellent job avoiding the questions that I asked, while also saying that tomb stone can't be walked through(sarcasim I got it), when in the post right above yours I just said that could..you are great at making your self look stupid. : )

I never asked how to cheat, and you listed a hack that you used(shame on you for cheating), just because it affects multiple things(tomb stone, box, bagball) doesn't mean its hackS that you used. You confirmed that ONE works that everyone already knows works. Good job columbo.

Colter being new here I'm guessing that all your posts have been crying posts? You talk about scripts and all this other stuff but yea the good players kept it to them selves thats why they are better and ONLY they have them right? It's definatly not that they are better. That's NEVER the case is it?

Just like whoever killed the home guild guy MUST have used awesome hacks, he got MS'd with no trees or anything on screen! These cheaters must be banned. Lets grab our pitch forks and torches and find all these cheaters using MS and tracking hitting players with nothing to target on screen! Whose with me?!

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why bother arguing with them? They can't even comprehend even the most simple game mechanics. It's a classic case of people being unaware of things then immediately assuming it was a hack.

Oh as for being FS'ed while hidden, you probably walked over a fire trap in despise that looked like an FS and you went "O M G HACKER HACKER HACKER!"

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know, the bad part of this, hack or not, is that MONSTERS are also doing this to meat some champ spawns (and NOT with area effect weapons).

On several occasions I've been hit by ranged attacks 4-6 seconds (too long for it to be a time-delayed explosion on mind blast) AFTER becoming invisible, and in some cases not even becoming visable as a result of taking damage. In a couple cases, got hit by 2-3 ranged attacks by the only creature on the screen before being revealed.

There's definitely something wrong, that if there's a hack, the hack is probably taking advantage of to cause to occur more often (or all the time), as the monsters are doing it too.

G

Grumm

With my archer, I can hit Elite Ninjas while they are hidden. It's how the fight always starts. I am hitting an invisible target before I even have them targeted.

In this case, it is a game mechanics issue. I am not being backstabbed. They are always a several tiles away when my bow fires.

I know there are alot of hacks/ cheats out there, but we have to remember that game mechanics, whether working right or not, do play a role in some of what we are experiencing.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On several occasions I've been hit by ranged attacks 4-6 seconds (too long for it to be a time-delayed explosion on mind blast) AFTER becoming invisible, and in some cases not even becoming visable as a result of taking damage. In a couple cases, got hit by 2-3 ranged attacks by the only creature on the screen before being revealed.
Monsters queue there spells when you are on screen, if they cast exp mind blast as you hide it will show up a couple of seconds after your hidden. As for the bolded bit... that is an intended game feature ffs IF YOU HAVE HIGH HIDING AND STEALTH LOW AMOUNTS OF DAMAGE WILL NOT REVEAL YOU. SOMETIMES 30+ WON'T EVEN REVEAL YOU.

Learn how hiding and stealth works guys.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if your in factions and this happens to you by people of an opposing faction, its a script. theres a script that tracks orange players. nothing can be done until the two common script/cheat programs are destroyed.

S

sandersism

There is a way to see/track invisible faction players using a third party program. Don't bother arguing with me about it, I know I'm right... and no, I don't care to tell you how I know, nor will I share with you. It could possibly work with non-faction players... but I haven't tested that, nor was that mentioned when we were discussing it... so I'm going to say that it doesn't.

I don't particularly care if you believe me, and I don't really play that often anymore, so it doesn't really effect me personally... but I keep up with that side of things and I have confirmed (within the last week) that it both exists and works... and it wasn't secondhand information.

All of the people that claim things don't exist really amuse me.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's still odd I have a stealth character and it's never happened to me.
But I believe this guy, I found that hack in the hack section right next to the hack that lets me cast 6 FS's at the same time, while running and, all the damage just hits at once! Thus killing anyone who crosses your path.

S

SwordBlaze

I'm going to sum up this WHOLE thread in three words: Ignorance is Bliss

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to sum up this WHOLE thread in three words: Ignorance is Bliss
I guess you are unaware of the latest targetting script various guilds are using now? All it takes is one char casting a simple spell...and all other casters nearby will also immediately attack...even if the target is hidden.
Ignorance IS bliss isnt it?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Monsters queue there spells when you are on screen, if they cast exp mind blast as you hide it will show up a couple of seconds after your hidden. As for the bolded bit... that is an intended game feature ffs IF YOU HAVE HIGH HIDING AND STEALTH LOW AMOUNTS OF DAMAGE WILL NOT REVEAL YOU. SOMETIMES 30+ WON'T EVEN REVEAL YOU.

Evidentally you have yet to see guilds using this new edition of the targetting script? Come to Atl...follow around the CoW guild...and all will be clear to you. This isnt an issue with hiding or stealth...its an issue with a script exploit which uses chat for targetting.

S

SwordBlaze

I guess you are unaware of the latest targetting script various guilds are using now? All it takes is one char casting a simple spell...and all other casters nearby will also immediately attack...even if the target is hidden.
Ignorance IS bliss isnt it?
LoL read my posts again. I am the one saying the scripts/hacks do exist. The other people saying they don't are ignorant to their existence.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LoL read my posts again. I am the one saying the scripts/hacks do exist. The other people saying they don't are ignorant to their existence.

Ahh well...my mistake...and my apologies. :)

Thats what I get for skimming through all the BS posted above you.

S

SwordBlaze

Apology accepted. I am guilty of doing the same a lot of times. :D

T

Tak

Once you are in attack mode and target an archer, he will automaticaly attack you while you are still in stealth mode (KR client here). Dont think its a cheat.

**Noticed too late that your are speaking as thief, but maybe interesting for new pvp stealthers:

Only solution i found is to target people only if you are close enough to move out of stealth anyway and do your..erm..18 dmg or so. Good thing is, while he is forced to to laugh at you, you have time to sneak away. If someone has an idea how to compensate Stealth and Hiding skill to make enough meelee damage...i am a big ear. "Boh!" doesnt work to make them run after a DS.

If ninja, dont forget they can see you smoking (animal form), at least i can in KR. Tons of other ways to unhide you.

If new to PVP i would train to "escape" for several days or weeks.
With GM hiding and smoke bomb you will survive 9 of 10 encounters if you dont want to do damage. Staying visible to make damage is deadly if you dont have a very good feeling for your hiding skill. It takes a very good timing to rely on it, i.e its easy to hide while an arrow is still flying at you to reveal you again.

Sneak in distance to your enemy for a while (with wolf form) to see if he is able to reveal you easily, get slowly closer to be sure he is a blind fish.
Dont be lazy, check his equip. Many PVPers have their weapon special blow already "loaded". Its good to know what their first strike could do.

At beginning try guys with melee weapons. Then archers.
Found Mages usualy are easier to escape from then archers, but their spells are confusing at beginning.

Once you got a feeling for it, you can experiment with dealing your first damage, "good" PVPers usualy react in the same way (heck, you guys could even change your scripts from time to time:p).
Smoke Bombs and some Enchanted Apples are your friends.

Good thing about stealthing is you can choose your enemy. If you think someone is a cheater..lay down a muffin, its the only thing he could handle.

:D

R

Ravahan

One of the old 3rd party app (old as in back in 99) allowed players to see hidden characters. It seemed that the info was sent to the clients, together with the exact amount of HP. The clients were tasked with computing when to show other players and also calculating the HP bar as a percentage.

I think they fixed it by not sending the info of hidden chars to the clients. For HP, instead of the numbers, the servers would crunch the numbers and send the percentage instead.

Possibilities:
1) This was reversed in one of the publishes (if it's P58, they sure work fast)
2) Someone found a way to retrieve the info from the server (unlikely, but it has happend before)
3) A bug introduced recently (someone mentioned earlier that he could see his hidden T-hunter on his second PC)
You know, I could've sworn that person posted in this thread but I can't find it now. In any case... That's interesting that it was something they did a work around for, but how does the tracking skill work if your client has no info on where the hidden chars are? I guess it could pull a list from the server, but if it does then it seems like tracking itself could be used for the exploit.

My issue here is that I'm not ready to say "No, it doesn't exist" when someone has posted that they were able to see one of their characters that was hidden (they said possibly due to a server line?) on a different PC, with the other suspicious stories that we've heard... Plus, what? Two? Three? people in this thread saying that they've actually seen this hack on a website that the stratics rules prevent them from mentioning?

I have never seen a picture of a brontasaurus, nor of any fossils of a brontasaurus, but have heard enough accounts of them that I believe that these fossils exist. Just because I haven't seen it personally, doesn't mean it can't possibly exist, even though I may have dug plenty of holes in my time. I just didn't dig in the right place.

On the same token I'm not ready to say that it does exist either, because I have no definate evidence to confirm it.

R

Ruffles

Yes, this has happened to me...

I had logged on my character in yew, was hidden/stealthed. No one had obtained my target. I had not revealed myself at all to anyone. Im pretty good about watching the spells and will move out of range with eathquake and meteor swarms in plenty of time. The individual cast flame strike, I started to move out of his way and he hit me while I was hidden 3 times in very rapid succession. The individualis not an archer but a necro mage.

Not sure how he did that but I do have my suspicions.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

So JOAT stealth and hiding on a human mage with 85 real, 110 with equipment Magery is enough? And it's not a couple seconds - I've been hit by spells and ARROWS (from rat archers) 5+ seconds after the invis.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, I could've sworn that person posted in this thread but I can't find it now. In any case... That's interesting that it was something they did a work around for, but how does the tracking skill work if your client has no info on where the hidden chars are? I guess it could pull a list from the server, but if it does then it seems like tracking itself could be used for the exploit.

My issue here is that I'm not ready to say "No, it doesn't exist" when someone has posted that they were able to see one of their characters that was hidden (they said possibly due to a server line?) on a different PC, with the other suspicious stories that we've heard... Plus, what? Two? Three? people in this thread saying that they've actually seen this hack on a website that the stratics rules prevent them from mentioning?
Here's the thread with the hiding bug:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=134055

Wife and I did a couple of tests crossing server lines hidden/unhidden and such, but could not replicate it. Being the sneak that I am, I need to know if people can actually see me when I sneak about :D

The tracking thing would probably be info received from the server if they'd not reverted the code to prevent sending info like these to the client.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evidentally you have yet to see guilds using this new edition of the targetting script? Come to Atl...follow around the CoW guild...and all will be clear to you. This isnt an issue with hiding or stealth...its an issue with a script exploit which uses chat for targetting.
Just to clarify, are you referring to that guild using a chat script to have 50 guildies target the same (visible) person at once, or are you saying that it allows them to attack a hidden player?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to clarify, are you referring to that guild using a chat script to have 50 guildies target the same (visible) person at once, or are you saying that it allows them to attack a hidden player?
I was assuming they were one in the same.

C

Chiera

The way I think it works is that the targetting system doesn't actually check for the hidden attribute, it's just that you normally cannot get the player ID for targetting if he's not visible so you have nothing to target at. But if you aquire the player ID by other means, let's assume maybe from a guildie by chat, it won't make a difference if the target is hidden or not.

R

Ravahan

The way I think it works is that the targetting system doesn't actually check for the hidden attribute, it's just that you normally cannot get the player ID for targetting if he's not visible so you have nothing to target at. But if you aquire the player ID by other means, let's assume maybe from a guildie by chat, it won't make a difference if the target is hidden or not.
If that were the case, it would work with the UO macro TargetLast. I don't know a whole lot about other programs, but the most popular script program can't really do anything you can't do yourself. Its kind of a fancy UOA that can loop, which is why I view either program in the same light when used in certain circumstances.

It sounds like the script in question would watch for a player to be revealed in the journal and target the new player, but I have to confess I don't know a lot about combat scripts as I have never used them because they feel like cheating to me. If I were to guess, it would set the #LObjectID the the #FindID and execute a "target last" just like it would do if you used... say Armslore on them and then hit a LastTarget spell macro.

That being said, it is possible of course to use a script to perform an exploit as an exploit is something that a normal player can do with existing game mechanics to bypass normal game rules... However, it is worth mentioning the main script site will not allow them to be posted on their boards. Personally, I think EA axed the wrong client 3 years ago. They could have eliminated the vast majority of the cheating by getting rid of 2d, and I hope they still do. With KR, there's no reason to use scripts to level a skill unless you plan to be afk, so all the "not hurting anyone" type scripts won't be missed.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry guys, the 'waters' are getting a bit too deep and muddy, I'm going to have to call a halt.

Status
Not open for further replies.