• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else getting targetd, attacked and killed while stealthed and hidden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have died a few times recently while being completely still hidden, never revealed. Also killed while stealthed moving away from attackers and never realed.

I have been killed with Mage spells, and by archers.

I have reported bugs all times and paged but since the GM systems is so broken they will never arrive in time to get my log, or witness what is going on.

I engourage anyhone who dies like this to page physical harrassment also since it should grab a section of the log and attach that also.

Maybe just maybe we can get some of the blatant cheaters removed, long shot but what the hay.

I dont mind getting killled, its all part of being a thief but damn attack me fairly.

:bowdown:

K

Kula

You do realize you can take screenshots/make a video and post it here so we can see these UFOs for ourselves. You don't need to take up GM time by creating false "harassment" claims.

I've never heard of being attacked while still stealthed, so I'm guessing you're being passively revealed and then attacked since you're trying to steal and you look like an easy kill.

H

Hulk Hogan

I'm not sure about the archers, but when I'm on my thief, I get attacked/killed by mages casting earthquake once they're aware of my presence. This is all while I'm completely hidden/stealthing.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
neither of these has happened, I remain hidden / stealthed and attacked.

As for posting a video or screeny here would do nothing more than add pictures to my story, getting EA to adress this problem is why we need to use the in game tools.

K

Kula

If someone else can verify it then great, but you're probably doing something wrong, so pictures would be nice so we can see. Usually when something is verifiable then the response will be immediate. If you think spamming false harassment claims is the way to go, then I am pretty sure you're never going to get the results you want.

R

Ravahan

While I've never been killed before being revealed, I can confirm at the very least its possible for an archer to kill you while you're either in hide or stealth mode, as long as they have your healthbar pulled up. I've been on both sides of that. Could've been pulled an hour ago as long as its up.

If there were a way to pull up his health bar while he's stealthing, which I imagine there could be, then this is very plausible.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

I've had this happen on my stealther who was factioned. I'm not sure if this is hack or bug but with out question getting attacked and taking damage while hidden happens somehow.

Needs looking into....

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What I think is happening is your getting attacked by area spells. An archer using a bow with area attack on it is targeting someone else the area spell goes off your in range of the area spell it gets you.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has happend to me too a few times, and i have done it to others too while on a archer, it seams to be a bug with last target i think and might also havome something to do with uoassist

S

SwordBlaze

Yes this happened to me recently. The guy followed me while I stealthed. I would run off screen hide then stealth and he would run right to where I was. He either had tracking on his pvp template (doubt it) or was cheating somehow.

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do realize you can take screenshots/make a video and post it here so we can see these UFOs for ourselves. You don't need to take up GM time by creating false "harassment" claims.

I've never heard of being attacked while still stealthed, so I'm guessing you're being passively revealed and then attacked since you're trying to steal and you look like an easy kill.
Well these UFO's as you call them, flamestriked me while I was stealthing by. There is no way I was targeted or in sight before hand. I had only been logged on for less then 5 minutes and was walking from Sweet Dreams (where I had logged out the night before, I always hide before logging off, so came back on hidden) towards brit west bank when a member of MiN came running on screen, and flamestriked me twice. Then ran off. I was hidden the whole time.

I have 100 hiding and 120 stealth, I was not revealed.

Do I think this is harassment? No, it's cheating.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm pretty sure it's more like a last target bug and maybe it has something to do with KR/2d ... Cause I know that this happens often... it's not isolated... I find there are numerous bugs with stealth....

Somewhat like try stealthing in the labyrinth .. Get revealed and leave stealth back in and watch as the monsters follow you around like a dog on a leash... even though I'm in stealth they are still agro'd to me but they don't attack they just follow...

M

Mikeee

This was funny because yesterday in Despise my guild was fighting another and then an opposing guild was following our stealther and he said 'they must have me on tracking' as they kept following him and Meteor Swarming him but more than 1 person was doing it to him. I figured they just had him on tracking but when support got to him and saved him 2 guys in the middle of a run after him stopped and ran next to where I was stealthing and started dropping walls of stone and trying to meteorswarm me.

I highly doubt they all of a sudden hit a tracking macro and chose me off the list as they were in a battle for another guy. Like I said it seemed not just one but the two of them could see me as one kept trying to block me in while the other fielded. When the blocker had ran off the other was still following me while I stealthed. The chance of having like 3+ people that are nasty trackers in your pvp crew...not soo likely.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvPers don't need tracking on a template. Just being human you can pick up someone on tracking with your jack of all trades, even if you have gm hiding and 120 stealth. With the walls and MS whoever had you on tracking was trying to block you with the walls and then saying in vent MS at whatever location. That's far from cheating.

I've never see a mage hit a stealthed person with a flame strike so whoever said that you are mistaken. If anything you were tracked, and he casted MS on you. The only thing I've seen happen is that archers can shoot you while hidden, however this is a bug, it's not a cheat as most of are so quick to claim it is.

I tested this out if you throw a shuriken and it poisons the target(an archer for example) and then you smoke bomb, as soon as the dp does damage the archer will start auto attacking while you're hidden. You can move off screen and back on screen so long as the archer has not tabbed out he will start to auto attack as soon as you are in range.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I've never see a mage hit a stealthed person with a flame strike so whoever said that you are mistaken. .
Or perhaps it's you that is mistaken. I've seen it. I have seen it several times a day.
Of course, you probably think people can't walk through para fields either.
Yeah. K.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only way to be hit with a flame strike while in hiding means the person threw the FS then a player went into hiding right before the damage kicked in or smoke bombed but they were showing first.

Anyone can walk through a para field after they get unpara'd, I'm not really sure what you were getting at there...

S

Skwiz

With mages its just Chain lightning,EQ, and Meteor thats hitting you.. Which is fairly easy with JOAT Human Tracking..

Though with archers.. There is a bug that if you have previously (The stealther) flagged on an archer and they have shot at you..

If you reenter stealth and flag on them again, if you are in their bow range they will auto shoot at you, even if you are in stealth.

This bug only works if you have previously flagged on them within the past like 5 Minutes though and they have not attacked anyone else since.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who follows the popular cheat sites knows there is a cheat which allows you to see hidden people.

All the people in this thread claiming it's the tracking skill or whatever else are probably just the little dipsticks who are currently using this trick.

EA can't even stop an economy ruining massive dupe, do you really think all the little scripts and cheats that are being produced every day will ever be fixed by the morons in charge of UO?

:please:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Anyone who follows the popular cheat sites knows there is a cheat which allows you to see hidden people.

All the people in this thread claiming it's the tracking skill or whatever else are probably just the little dipsticks who are currently using this trick.

EA can't even stop an economy ruining massive dupe, do you really think all the little scripts and cheats that are being produced every day will ever be fixed by the morons in charge of UO?

:please:
Thank you.
For the person who doesn't know what I am talking about with running through para fields... just wait it will be coming soon to a shard near you. Para fields do nothing.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only time they do nothing is if you little to no eval this includes going into stat.

Colter, there is no cheat that allows you to see hidden players sorry. Bad players often make up or believe anything that's told to them so they can sleep at night. It must be a cheat right? It's absolutely impossible that someone tracked you and followed the massive arrow on the screen pointing to where you are..

You people don't understand that as a human character you have a chance to pick up anyone IE an Elf with gm hiding and 120 stealth/ninja. Then you combine that with other means such as ventrilo, and add some mages on top of that. It's pretty easy to say "Okay everyone cast your spell and target when I say to."

Skwiz knows what I'm talking about it's all based on if you do damage and smoke bomb away they will auto shoot you, IE the poisoned darts you can test it if you don't believe me. It's a bug not an exploit. As far as you being killed in stealth, human tracking FTL.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can walk thru Para Fields, even if they are cast by a legendary mage with legendary eval, Exploiting an item.

You can get hit by a Flamestrike when steahled and hidden WITHOUT being revealed, dont konw but might have somthing to do with KR and some other programs.

I was not hit by area affect, I was NOT revelad and I was Exploded and Flamestriked.

I did NOT move.

They had only ran on screen for a second, one of the times this happened.

This is an exploit or a cheat, of that I am sure all i want is if it happens to anyone else place a bug report, and page, either under harrasment (which it is since you died - physical harrasment) or a plain old help request.

The more times it is borught to EAs attention the more they might realize somthing is wrong.

S

SwordBlaze

Actually I knew it was for this reason I just didn't know if I was allowed to say it or not lol.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You people don't understand that as a human character you have a chance to pick up anyone IE an Elf with gm hiding and 120 stealth/ninja.
Do you even know the odds of successfully tracking someone with gm hiding and stealth, using the human 20 JoAT?

It's a pretty damn freaking low percentage.

Any more excuses for the uncurbed amount of cheating allowed in UO?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The only time they do nothing is if you little to no eval this includes going into stat.

Colter, there is no cheat that allows you to see hidden players sorry. Bad players often make up or believe anything that's told to them so they can sleep at night. It must be a cheat right? It's absolutely impossible that someone tracked you and followed the massive arrow on the screen pointing to where you are..

You people don't understand that as a human character you have a chance to pick up anyone IE an Elf with gm hiding and 120 stealth/ninja. Then you combine that with other means such as ventrilo, and add some mages on top of that. It's pretty easy to say "Okay everyone cast your spell and target when I say to."

Skwiz knows what I'm talking about it's all based on if you do damage and smoke bomb away they will auto shoot you, IE the poisoned darts you can test it if you don't believe me. It's a bug not an exploit. As far as you being killed in stealth, human tracking FTL.
What you just don't understand is you are WRONG. Period. While some people are using human tracking we are all aware of this.
The fact remains there are hacks allowing people to be able to do things they shouldn't.

My red (orange) legendary eval legendary mage can cast a field full of para fields and my enemies can run through them as if they weren't there.
I am sorry if you don't believe this is possible but you're flat out wrong.
The same goes for the being flamestruck while hidden dealio.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is it that this has NEVER happened to me on my hiding char?
I never said it was a high % to track however take into account the fact that you CAN do it just from being human and you can attempt every few seconds then add in the fact that more than one person can be there trying to find you.

Flutter thats impossible, sorry. With trap boxes you can rocket your self through them but you do stop for a spit second.

flutter you don't seem like you're a pvper you're definatly in the boat of anyone better that you MUST be cheating same with Colter.

As I said I have pinpointed how you can be attacked while you are hiding with archery, however with magery unless you can show a video of this no one believes it unless its the situations that I listed.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter is correct. There are a few progs that can see hidden people and use mechanisms to run through para fields and near instant mount ethies and.........

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is it that only bad pvpers have had this happen to them and I have NEVER seen this?
Para fields..no, its either low eval so they litterally have no effect OR a trap box so they can run through.

Until someone can show evidence I can do this too...
This one time a player casted 6 FS's on my guildmate on the run and they all hit at the same time. I know it happened because I saw it and there is a hack for it so it's real. Then I heard him talking about his 6 fs on the run cheat to his guildmate telling him where to get it.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
People can also run over static objects like tombstones, they can run straight over bagballs, candlabras and boxes.

What shard to you play on that this is NOT happening?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I am not fully convinced that this is what is happening to the OP (his description seems to actually follow the *tracking & archery bug* deal ... I can say I HAVE seen the para-field walkers, tho they have thankfully since vacated our shard - and no, it isnt trapped boxes they are using, tho it is an item.

I have also witnessed and heard in vent on a shard I no longer play, those who walk over/thru bagballs. One of the newer "stump hacks" allows it, sadly ...

D

Dixie

This has happened with me before. I'm an archer, and I was messing around with my friend who is in the same guild as me. He's a stealther/necro/poisoner. We both run in 2D. I've been able to attack him and do damage while he was hiding 4 or 5 times on several different occasions. I've also snapped to his direction while he was stealthing around me.

R

Ravahan

Actually I knew it was for this reason I just didn't know if I was allowed to say it or not lol.
I did a quick google search and didn't turn up anything, but I guess this could be in the private member only section for whatever site.

I don't know why, but there are always a select few people on these boards who INSIST that bugs do not exist if they've not done/seen them themselves. I don't know if they're just that closed-minded or if they browse these sites themselves, but when I read 5 accounts of the same thing happening to different people, I tend to put some stock in it.

Hey, maybe its the common U.Hall problem of not reading posts.

S

SwordBlaze

There is nothing private about UO cheat sites. Duping is something that I have found nothing for, those are private, probably, because if it was easy to find it'd be easy to stop the duping. But hacks (like the seeing hidden people) and scripts are easy to find, because sometimes they are not possible to detect.

S

SwordBlaze

People can also run over static objects like tombstones, they can run straight over bagballs, candlabras and boxes.

What shard to you play on that this is NOT happening?
Flutter would it surprise you if that was someone trying to keep the hacks hush hush? Wouldn't surprise me lol.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people will whine about anything to make you believe that they are the only non cheater in UO. Lots of folks don't cheat and do just fine. We just don't suck at pvp.

S

SwordBlaze

people will whine about anything to make you believe that they are the only non cheater in UO. Lots of folks don't cheat and do just fine. We just don't suck at pvp.
See, now I don't pvp in the sense of fighting. I am a pvp thief on a non-siege shard, and I far from suck lol. When some guy runs right up to me while i'm hidden with 100 hiding and 120 stealth. I know he isn't being an honest player. And even though he never revealed me, he still knew where I went at all times.

R

Ravahan

There is nothing private about UO cheat sites. Duping is something that I have found nothing for, those are private, probably, because if it was easy to find it'd be easy to stop the duping. But hacks (like the seeing hidden people) and scripts are easy to find, because sometimes they are not possible to detect.
I didn't see anything in the first 5 pages returned seaching for "ultima online see hidden hack" or several variations thereof. So I don't know where you've found it, and obviously you can't post it outright, but I'm saying that it doesn't seem to be as easy as hitting up google... And honestly, I'm a bit nervous about getting one of those famous account stealing trojans by delving further so I'm going to leave it there.

If you say you've seen the hack instructions on a site, then I'll believe ya, but it doesn't seem to be as out-in-the-open as one might think.

Personally, I've never had this happen before I was revealed. Doesn't mean it can't.

S

SwordBlaze

You're just usin the wrong words is all. But yeah, avoid those trojans lol. I won't say anymore on the subject of hacks except that seeing hidden people is a hack that exists and is used, along with the ones flutter mentioned.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See, now I don't pvp in the sense of fighting. I am a pvp thief on a non-siege shard, and I far from suck lol. When some guy runs right up to me while i'm hidden with 100 hiding and 120 stealth. I know he isn't being an honest player. And even though he never revealed me, he still knew where I went at all times.
Congrats, You've just described the tracking skill.

S

SwordBlaze

Apparently tracking skill is a hack according to this thread.
LoL so you use the hack I'm guessing? I'm sure most serious pvpers run with tracking on their templates, cause they got room for that. Stop kidding yourself man.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obviously swordblaze has some trouble reading and skipped over the part of being human you can track anyone reguardless of elf with gm hiding and 120 ninja/stealth.

Also isn't that weird people are trying to find this see everyone at all times super elite hack and no one can come up with it.. weird...

Also flutter jumps from topic to topic running through grave stones boxes and bagballs are definatly not the same as running over para fields. The only way you can move through para fields is if you your eval is low, a trapped box, or if the field messed up and its floating but looks like it's down.

I found the super running while casting 6 flame strikes that all cast at the same time. I said it was true so it MUST be. But if you don't find it on google that's because you didn't type the right words.

Again no one has addressed why only a hand people have had this happen, and lets be honest a lot of bad players play stealthers. Stratics would have nothing but two pages full of the same complient if this was actually legitment.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also flutter jumps from topic to topic running through grave stones boxes and bagballs are definatly not the same as running over para fields. The only way you can move through para fields is if you your eval is low, a trapped box, or if the field messed up and its floating but looks like it's down.
There has been recently an exploit enabling to run through para fields. Some people in the thread even gave hints on how it is performed. I am not sure if it is fixed.

Bugs and exploits do exist. The Devs regularly fix them.

During my time in UO I have been confronted with a lot of them and I have often be able to reproduce them on test center. I am not sure about Flamestriking hidden players, but I have seen crazy things in UO and this one desserves investigation (especially since I play sometimes a stealther).

R

Ravahan

Well, it seems plausable that your client recieves information on hidden players as part of the regular data stream since tracking can identify where they are, and the fact that you can shoot a hidden player with arrows in any circumstances at all supports that. So, if your client has the information, the client is hiding where the player is on your screen... And that means that its very plausible that such a hack exists.

If you can change the physical appearance of the enviornment and characters (as we 3d-ers used to do after they turned us all into dwarfs to attract 2d users), even to the point of transparency, then it stands to reason that its possible that there's a way to change how a hidden character is "displayed".

That, and multiple compatible accounts, is why I am not dismissing this as user error and think it could use some looking into. Perhaps SwordBlaze could direct someone to this site for verification. You could always copy and paste it and PM it to a UO Live Team member that has PMs on, or do a "submit a bug" report as tedious as that is.

K

Kiwillian

I do hope the hack nay-sayers realise just how thoroughly UO has been reverse engineered over the years.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it seems plausable that your client recieves information on hidden players as part of the regular data stream since tracking can identify where they are, and the fact that you can shoot a hidden player with arrows in any circumstances at all supports that. So, if your client has the information, the client is hiding where the player is on your screen... And that means that its very plausible that such a hack exists.
One of the old 3rd party app (old as in back in 99) allowed players to see hidden characters. It seemed that the info was sent to the clients, together with the exact amount of HP. The clients were tasked with computing when to show other players and also calculating the HP bar as a percentage.

I think they fixed it by not sending the info of hidden chars to the clients. For HP, instead of the numbers, the servers would crunch the numbers and send the percentage instead.

Possibilities:
1) This was reversed in one of the publishes (if it's P58, they sure work fast)
2) Someone found a way to retrieve the info from the server (unlikely, but it has happend before)
3) A bug introduced recently (someone mentioned earlier that he could see his hidden T-hunter on his second PC)

K

Kiwillian

One of the old 3rd party app (old as in back in 99) allowed players to see hidden characters. It seemed that the info was sent to the clients, together with the exact amount of HP. The clients were tasked with computing when to show other players and also calculating the HP bar as a percentage.

I think they fixed it by not sending the info of hidden chars to the clients. For HP, instead of the numbers, the servers would crunch the numbers and send the percentage instead.
Yes, back then MMOs were new ground and the client was trusted far too much. I believe that in UO back then or earlier the collision detection was also handled by the client which led to a lot of exploits.

Basically, a good (security wise) MMO should be able to publish the client source code and protocol and still withstand hacking. Much like encryption algorithms really.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll clear up some myths:

1) There is no hack, bug, exploit or anything to physically "see" or track a hidden player, other than the skill tracking. I am 100% certain, you are merely getting hit by meteor swarm or you had EXP on you then you got FS'ed as you hid and you assumed it was a hack. Calling people hackers is generally because you are bad (of course with the exception of the blatantly obvious speedhack). However there is ONE extremely rare bug that is nearly impossible to replicate that allows an archer only to swing at a hidden player, they cannot see him, if they come within range they will swing.

2) I believe there is a bug to walk through paralyze fields or something a long those lines but there is no hack that allows you to walk through them, from memory it is simply a smart use of game mechanics... some people may call it an exploit.

3) There is a hack to walk through some static items, bagballs are one. However it doesn't work for most static things (I don't believe it works for tombstones).

4) There is no way to "speed up mounting speed", 4fc hack, ect ect.

K

Kiwillian

I'll clear up some myths:

1) There is no hack, bug, exploit or anything to physically "see" or track a hidden player
What evidence do you have to support this? I'm not saying there is or may be a hack or exploit, but if you are going to post something so bold, can you back it up?

e: same goes for #4 on your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.