• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any news on plants yet? Got my first today.

C

Ceridwen

So, posted this in the Botany section, but also reposting it here in case someone doesn't look there:
http://www.bdl-uo.de/modules.php?nam...howpage&pid=85

Nothing special, but at least it's one page, with pics of the new plants.
Cocoa Plant is missing, but I think everyone knows what it looks like and I'll be adding it when I know where to put it on that site.

X

XavierArcanus

So, posted this in the Botany section, but also reposting it here in case someone doesn't look there:
http://www.bdl-uo.de/modules.php?nam...howpage&pid=85

Nothing special, but at least it's one page, with pics of the new plants.
Cocoa Plant is missing, but I think everyone knows what it looks like and I'll be adding it when I know where to put it on that site.
Your link doesn't work. Looks like it was truncated down and you copied the shortened version.

Edit: Found the working link for your site:
http://www.bdl-uo.de/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=85

X

XavierArcanus

By the way, isn't it kinda lame that we have to have two different seeds for hops? Why couldn't we have just gotten the same one and have the ability to turn it?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Here's my first one... the cocoa tree (cacao?). Anyway, in KR it looks kind of like a tulip poplar... maybe it's just me...

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone seen a brightly fragrant seed? In all the seeds I have one labeled as such and it wasn't the night I sorted them. Of course it's one I didn't plant.

W

Warrior of Time

I love the KR art but I wish they would have kept at least one of the only 2 muti-trunk trees in the game. The O'hii and the Willow now look like a carbon copy of any of the other trees in the UO forrest. I like the looks of the tulp tree folage. I wish it had kept the number of the trunks. I would of like to see the Cocao look more like the 2D one. My only hope is that when they do a face lift to the KR art they would add the muli-trunk looks of at least one if not both. (O'hii and Willow.)

One way to see what a diff some to the trees look like. Stand next to one in 2D and change to KR. A lot of times it looks better. Not always.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone seen a brightly fragrant seed? In all the seeds I have one labeled as such and it wasn't the night I sorted them. Of course it's one I didn't plant.
A friend of mine had a couple of those. She noticed 2 plant bowls with fragrant seeds were over-watered, so emptied them to replant the seeds. The seeds then became brightly fragrant seeds. When she replanted them, they kept the brightly as part of the tag until they growth checked, and they returned to just fragrant seeds.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am excited about all these new plants! :)

A friend gave me a Cocoa Tree last night...When I took it home and locked it down near my gardening supplies, I could no longer access the plant gump. I recieved this message: 'You are not allowed to access this'.

If I want to keep my tree in my backpack, will it grow if it's inside another container? or does it have to be in the top level of my pack?

K

Katlene

i have the same thing. i had a foxglove and a cocoa tree sprout today and the tree is wilted i cant access either of them!!
Whats the go with that?
I dont really want to have to tote the plants around with me =/

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have the same thing. i had a foxglove and a cocoa tree sprout today and the tree is wilted i cant access either of them!!
Whats the go with that?
my plants all popped this morning. i had to unlock all of them, put them in my pack, click them to access the plant menu & water them.
and i forgot the icon for setting a plant to decorative mode doesn't appear until day 9. i clicked on the little picture of the pot (lower right of plant menu) and said "yes" on the confirmation screen and *poof* my new plant disappeared and i had an empty plant bowl in my pack. D'OH!!!

F

feath

I am excited about all these new plants! :)

A friend gave me a Cocoa Tree last night...When I took it home and locked it down near my gardening supplies, I could no longer access the plant gump. I recieved this message: 'You are not allowed to access this'.

If I want to keep my tree in my backpack, will it grow if it's inside another container? or does it have to be in the top level of my pack?
yes, you can have the plant in a container in your pack and still have it age.
i've only used pouchs and backpacks, so if you're planning on using a crate or something, no idea if it'd work.

F

feath

Whats the go with that?
perhaps put them on a char you dont play very often? and I -think- you can put them in bank and they will age? not sure about that. they might freeze in time. perhaps someone else will remember?

F

feath

my plants all popped this morning. i had to unlock all of them, put them in my pack, click them to access the plant menu & water them.
and i forgot the icon for setting a plant to decorative mode doesn't appear until day 9. i clicked on the little picture of the pot (lower right of plant menu) and said "yes" on the confirmation screen and *poof* my new plant disappeared and i had an empty plant bowl in my pack. D'OH!!!
the bottom right icon on the main gump is to take the seed out of the pot. the set to decorative mode icon is in the second screen, where you get the seeds and petals from. it is the upper right icon on that screen.
and yeah, you got to wait until day nine.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the bottom right icon on the main gump is to take the seed out of the pot. the set to decorative mode icon is in the second screen, where you get the seeds and petals from. it is the upper right icon on that screen.
and yeah, you got to wait until day nine.
thanks feath! yeah, i'm totally rusty on the whole plant menu thing... it's been over 2 years since i've had fun gardening :) yay for the new plants!!! thankfully the one i accidentally deleted was one that i had 5 others of. if it had been one i only had 1 of, i'd have been way more pissed.
time to plant some more seeds!

S

Smokey of LS

how long do they take to grow usually? i have bout 12 of them on 5 days, i didnt use fertile dirt just hard dirt.

A

Aboo

thanks feath! yeah, i'm totally rusty on the whole plant menu thing... it's been over 2 years since i've had fun gardening :)
Me too! I've been pestering my sister all morning on the plants, how to do this and how to do that. Thankfully she's patient with me.:)

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how long do they take to grow usually? i have bout 12 of them on 5 days, i didnt use fertile dirt just hard dirt.
smokey - on day 7 they'll "pop" into plants, but you have to take care of them through day 9, which is when you can opt to turn them into houseplants that don't require maintenance.
fertile dirt adds the possibility of 1 or 2 growth bonuses, so your plants will pop in 4 or 5 days instead of 7, although not always.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me too! I've been pestering my sister all morning on the plants, how to do this and how to do that. Thankfully she's patient with me.:)
Aboo, the UO Stratics page actually has a pretty decent overview of the plant growing process that is still pretty relevant:
http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/plantgrowing.shtml
it shows you what the plant menus mean (all the +'s and -'s, etc.) and is overall very helpful :)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks feath! yeah, i'm totally rusty on the whole plant menu thing... it's been over 2 years since i've had fun gardening :)
I'm rusty too. When can you get resources from the cocoa trees? I have one that is at stage nine and it still doesn't have seeds or resources.

B

Beastmaster

You should see them tomorrow, and every day after for 8 days total.