• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any news on plants yet? Got my first today.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to fertile dirt one of my plants (Europa) showed up in my backpack today. The other seven that got the dirt is as slow as the ones with normal dirt so far. This one is little snowdrops spred out ower a couple of tiles. Its quite cute. I got the seed from an Ant Lion. Anyone else? I think the rest of my plants need two more days.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have three "cooking" right now (day 5 for the fragrant (cocoa) and day 4 for the Peculiar from Kappas).

D

Devil_Woman

:postpics:

Sorry, but I've always wanted to have a reason to post that!!

Seriously, if you would be so kind, some of us are still waiting and would dearly love to see what these new plants look like, even if one is all you have to show so far!

B

Beastmaster

The little bit of news we get is the same kind you posted. No actual plant name and no picture. I'm guessing you were never called Scoop. Your description sounds like morning glories.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When my plants are something more than the plant growing gump in KR, I'll post them :D

L

Lord Drakelord

Seriously, if you would be so kind, some of us are still waiting and would dearly love to see what these new plants look like, even if one if all you have to show so far!

have to agree with you

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Seriously, if you would be so kind, some of us are still waiting and would dearly love to see what these new plants look like, even if one if all you have to show so far!

Here ya go, a pic of my plants. They are lettuce I think... maybe spinach..

C

Ceridwen

*giggles* They always look like that in the growth stage, before they look like the real plant at the end. ;)

B

Beastmaster

I love that "fragrant bandage plant" you got growing there.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*blushes* Ill try to figure out how to make a pic tomorrow. I had to rush off to a guild hunt and im still there . They are not big as morning glories and it say snowdrops when i click them. They wont fitin a vase but will look fine on the grass. Sorry in so stupid with all comp stuff.

F

Flora Green

Reports on the botany forum already. :) We know of two plants so far plus the tall hedge. I believe crysta is expecting some blooms tonight. Thanks for the update, Minerva.

*Runs to plant forum to tell news*.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*blushes* Ill try to figure out how to make a pic tomorrow. I had to rush off to a guild hunt and im still there . They are not big as morning glories and it say snowdrops when i click them. They wont fitin a vase but will look fine on the grass. Sorry in so stupid with all comp stuff.
easily found ingame, we saw many the other nite wandering about speculating on what plants we might be getting..... please don't apologize for the laziness of others :)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forget how it works with insideUO, is there some kind of searchable feature where you can input the item number and find the item graphic? I know when you try to plant a seed in a plant that already has one in it it spits out the item number. Might be a way there to find what graphics go with what plants. ;)

C

Crystal Canyon

Just a few quick pics:

Sorry, not the best pics, just took them right fast.

B

Beastmaster

Good idea Sarsmi, but it didn't workout. I planted a "common seed" and then a "peculiar" on top of it got 1060810. Planted a "peculiar" and then another "peculiar" on top of it, same number came up. I think that number references a string that would probably say "seed".

T

Teeshy

You know, I realise I seem to be in the minority here, but seeing how fantastic these look so far, I'm even *more* pleased that these plants don't produce seeds, and (aside from having a general idea) aren't labelled which plant is which.

I like the surprise of not knowing exactly what I have growing - I can understand some people are going to be frustrated when they want "x" amount of "y" plant - but it makes it more fun to me that I am going to have to go out and hunt for seeds all the time.

I'm such a kid! It's like a little surprise each time a new plant pops up! =D

T

tiggertessa2007

i would realy love to see a lilly pad and flax be the last 2,,,,*crosses fingers*

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohh I'm liking how these look!

*runs off to hunt for seeds*

W

Wynne

Might the four groups be separated according to plant type they give: Flowering, trees, herbs, crops?

I

Infiniti

Drools...can't wait for tomorrow when my first of the new seeds will burst forth with blooms...I hope. Love the pics and I too hope for the flax plant. I Really like all the plants so far.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today I got my first 2, expecting atleast 16 more tomorrow.

Small Hedge - Antlion
Snowdrops - Serpentine Dragon

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To repost what I put on the Botany forum:

Sorry... I got too tired waiting for my plants last night, and then Stratics seemed to go down, so I just went to bed. Anyway, two of them bloomed; one we already know, and a new one i'm happy with.

On the left is obviously Snowdrops, and the seed came from an Antlion (this means we can place the Antlion and Serpentine Dragon in the same seed group now). However, on the right isn't bamboo, but Sugar Canes, and the seed came from a Plague Beast. I'll be posting more when the next batch matures.. should be at least 5 or 6 next time.

J

Juicy Fruit

Had 2 pop last night - juniper bush from serpentine drags and hops from tsuki wolfs. Should have quite a few more tomorrow can't wait :)

Y

Yalp

I have some exciting new plants this morning.. I have taken a screenie.. but I can't not get it uploaded to stratics..

From Kappa.. peculiar seed, fertile dirt.. CYPRESS TREE.. it's big, it's nice looking and it's a bear to place!

From Dryad... peculiar seed, fertile dirt... 4 barrel green cactus (with small flower)

From Serp Dragon... peculiar seed, fertile dirt.. snowdrops

From Ant Lion... peculiar seed, fertile dirt.. small hedge

And a warning on a bug....... I unlocked these plants and put in my back pack to take a picture.. they are on day 8... I replaced them on the floor and locked them down.. I can no longer access the plant gump while they are on the floor for the Cypress tree or the snowdrops... so be ready for that!

and p.s. I am happy to send the picture file to anyone who can post it here.. just let me know!

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hedge = Kappa
Water Lilly = Hiryu
Poppies = Wisp
Hopps plant = Juka Mage

S

Stucky

OMG, I'm so excited!!!! I still have 1-2 days on mine. I have 200 or so of them coming and I cannot wait! More Pics please!!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, for me, it wouldn't let me access it until I unlocked them and put them into my backpack once they bloom.

That's going to be a HUGE PITA when all 400+ bloom in the next 2 days.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Actually, for me, it wouldn't let me access it until I unlocked them and put them into my backpack once they bloom.

That's going to be a HUGE PITA when all 400+ bloom in the next 2 days.
As they don't give seed, that should not be a problem, just set them to deco mode, no need to water them more.

Edit, maybe I'm wrong and they can't be set to deco so early?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As they don't give seed, that should not be a problem, just set them to deco mode, no need to water them more.

Edit, maybe I'm wrong and they can't be set to deco so early?
You can't put them into deco mode until 2 days after they bloom.

C

Ceridwen

So right now we have this info:

Kappa: Cypress Tree, Large Hedge
Dryad: 4 barrel green Cactus
Hiryu: Water Lilly
Juka Mage, Tsuki Wolf: Hops
Wisp: Poppies
Antlion, Serpentine Dragon: Snowdrops, Small Hedge, Juniper Bush
Plague Beast: Sugar Cane

:) Getting there.

Y

Yalp

So right now we have this info:

Kappa: Cypress Tree, Large Hedge
Dryad: 4 barrel green Cactus
Hiryu: Water Lilly
Juka Mage, Tsuki Wolf: Hops
Wisp: Poppies
Antlion, Serpentine Dragon: Snowdrops, Small Hedge, Juniper Bush
Plague Beast: Sugar Cane

:) Getting there.
Ceridwen.. your list is a little short.. we have more info.. too many threads floating around..

Over on the Botany Forum, under the thread called "OFFICIAL PUB 55 Seed/Plant..." Petra has a nice spread sheet going .. post #80... with many, and she's updating as she combs through the various posts now..

personally I am also creating simiiar and I know that detailed posts from gardeners is really helpful.. seed type and mob it came from is critical information.

L

LdyHawke

I just posted this on the Botany forum, but thought it should go here as well:

A friend of mine doesn't want to see any spoilers, so she asked me to post these pics of her new cypress. It's very different than the other cypress that's already been posted. This one came from an ant lion.

C

Ceridwen

Thanks for the info Hawke and thank you Yalp, I'll take a look at it. :) (and you're right... WAY too many threads floating around...)

I

Infiniti

Got three today..all from Titans: Orfluer Flower, Hops Plant and Foxglove Flowers. No idea on how to post pics but you have seen all these methinks. :D

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kick ass... I can finally create a respectable looking swamp home!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And now.....

Number 4, the Larch.
"I always wanted to be.... a LUMBERJACK....
Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia
The Giant Redwood, the Larch, the Fir, The mighty scotch pine....
With my best buddy by my side, we'd Sing... SING..."

G

Gwendar-SP

However, on the right isn't bamboo, but Sugar Canes, and the seed came from a Plague Beast. I'll be posting more when the next batch matures.. should be at least 5 or 6 next time.

Hmmm, wonder if those will produce sugar some day.