• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another wasted opportunity for much needed Income for the game

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After seeing the 17th year items today, I can safely say I wont even bother to log in any more than the one char to collect them. After 17 years they can only think if giving us a hand towel, a useless sword and bar?

Am I being ungrateful? You are darn sure I am ! After 17 years of game play and this is what they come up with.

Complete and utter tosh!
Hey the bar is nice if you like the new art, as many (myself sadly not included) do. The light up sign is cute, I must say. Seems like an ok gift to me really. 17 isn't a monumental milestone is it?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After seeing the 17th year items today, I can safely say I wont even bother to log in any more than the one char to collect them. After 17 years they can only think if giving us a hand towel, a useless sword and bar?

Am I being ungrateful? You are darn sure I am ! After 17 years of game play and this is what they come up with.

Complete and utter tosh!
Seeing posts like this makes me wish they'd pull the ****ing plug.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Complete and utter tosh!
I seriously feel bad for any vet players that care about the anniversary gifts or expect anything other then a few commemorative trinkets.
Some people just don't get it and never will :(

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im torn on this. hard to top the horses they gave out. those were sweet.

the bar is cool. i'm going to claim all those bars and make a strip club on the second floor of my castle. make the bar a rectangle and use the extras to make a stage in the middle. install a few gold staffs to make the poles and a clawfoot tub for a wet show. put a few of those personal attendents up there with barb leather bustier's on. tip jars and all around with stools and bottles of wine.

hey dev's. can we make the personal attendants dance???

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on friday's ill put one of those horses on stage for the special show. that will bring in the crowds.

don't i know how to hijack a thread? ;p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Give the Devs a break, they have worked hard to get the public done. I like the bar, special for classic houses. Lets get the good gifts at 20 years :)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I wasn't sure about the bar (how much I'd like the items) until I actually put them in my house. Frankly, I'm pleased as punch. Thank you Devs! :)

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the gifts, would have been cool to have a rare glacial sword given by Messena :)

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the anniversary gifts. I've had a makeshift bar in one of my houses for a while now and this is a great replacement.

Btw, The OP is talking about holiday gifts. Did I miss the holiday gifts? These are anniversary gifts right? It's not even halloween yet, are they handing out holiday gifts somewhere I didn't know about? (sarcasm)

I can't wait for the holiday gifts, I love this time of year.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hate it when they feed the hen to the cow becuase they want French Toast. The world needs more Easter Eggs. Not happening if the chicken is a cow pie.
"feed the hen to the cow because they want French toast"
feed the hen to the cow?
because they want French toast?
*puzzled by this one*

Zerbee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really have no interest in house deco but I still think the marble bars are pretty cool. I like this years gift

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"feed the hen to the cow because they want French toast"
feed the hen to the cow?
because they want French toast?
*puzzled by this one*
Clarification: French toast is made with bread and eggs, wheat is used to make bread, cows eat wheat, hens lay eggs, so a cow who has eaten a hen contains both wheat/bread and eggs in its body.

For the second part, when the cow goes to the bathroom, the product will contain the dead hen/eggs, and wheat. which would technically mean it has the same ingredients as french toast.

(At least I think that's what he meant lol)

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Clarification: French toast is made with bread and eggs, wheat is used to make bread, cows eat wheat, hens lay eggs, so a cow who has eaten a hen contains both wheat/bread and eggs in its body.

For the second part, when the cow goes to the bathroom, the product will contain the dead hen/eggs, and wheat. which would technically mean it has the same ingredients as french toast.

(At least I think that's what he meant lol)
Lol - a new aphorism - maybe unheard of until now in America - "I hate it when they feed the hen to the cow because they want French Toast."

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You never know when those towels will be worth 10000 clean up points. I would log in and grab them regardless of the potential worth today.
Yes. I prefer something useful and was wondering what use the new BAR has other than to promote having a Bar and barman in your house?
Reward points for trash would be useful. I did pick up a few 17 Anniversary Gift bags that others didn't want before knowing what they were.

Curiosity had me look in UHall for the answer to my question: Is the anniversary Gift all décor or is their a hidden reason for keeping it. I certainly don't need any more decorations locked down in my already full to the limit housing.

Obviously many have come to the same conclusion I have. We just can't keep our houses full of decorations. There is no room.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's decor. If you don't like it, find someone who does or junk it.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still here... free advice to get more people playing....

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the gifts they should have had the towels the other way around. Have your player names on them and then have the EM and other names as the special rare drop.. Make it a lot harder to collect a full set..

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
And to think hand towels were the death of UO ;) This is probably the most silly and embarrassing thread I've ever read. When I get embarrassed for someone else cause of what they post, well, that's pretty bad. How some people could actually post this stuff just blows my mind. As I read this thread, a 7 year old with a keyboard keeps running through my mind.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And to think hand towels were the death of UO ;) This is probably the most silly and embarrassing thread I've ever read. When I get embarrassed for someone else cause of what they post, well, that's pretty bad. How some people could actually post this stuff just blows my mind. As I read this thread, a 7 year old with a keyboard keeps running through my mind.
Well, it's coming from someone who apparently thinks stratics is run by EA or Broadsword and that downsizing in their company downsizes the staff here :p

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its coming form a UO fan.. that will be here till the lights are turned out .... thats seeing our beloved game circle getting smaller and smaller...just saying....so get real....The RTB could have been something....however its nothing...The anniversary could have attracted more interest and Income to the firm that run the game...alas it made nothing....

U see a 46 year Father of three...Grandfather of one...i see kids having a quick snipe.....So get real

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen some real reaction to the fact that folks cant wear some of their loot due to not having SA on their account. I'd say a little sale of expansion(s) might have a better draw towards peoples discretionary income. But hey, that's just me talkin.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know gifts are "gifts" just some variation. Beautiful colors! Beautiful neon boxes (Oh how I cherish mine), Rares popping up!! Oh my!! " What is going to be on the next character!!" Oh the joy!! I would open every account and log in every character. I have done it before. Has not happened in awhile now. Blah bags!! Stuff that is all the same. Nothing to need to trade. No shard trading. Did someone forget we are collectors along with fighters and decorators on UO. Don't bother to tell me to appreciate what I get. I know that. I just want the other!! The hours waiting for a neon box to pop up!! Thanks for listening to my whine.

Reactions: THP

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know gifts are "gifts" just some variation. Beautiful colors! Beautiful neon boxes (Oh how I cherish mine), Rares popping up!! Oh my!! " What is going to be on the next character!!" Oh the joy!! I would open every account and log in every character. I have done it before. Has not happened in awhile now. Blah bags!! Stuff that is all the same. Nothing to need to trade. No shard trading. Did someone forget we are collectors along with fighters and decorators on UO. Don't bother to tell me to appreciate what I get. I know that. I just want the other!! The hours waiting for a neon box to pop up!! Thanks for listening to my whine.
ditto...things could have been so different...more fun and awesome too....a real anniversary celebration.....and broadsword/ea...could have doubled there takings..oh well..maybe next time

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Agreed. The people who think the annivesary gift(s) are going to make any material impact on this game's revenue (and EA/Broadsword's bottom line) are off their rocker.