• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ALCHEMY NERF POLL

Should Alchemy be added to the Focus Spec restriction list?

• Yes

Votes: 40 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 51 56.0%

• Total voters

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Supernovas: There is a long timer and it's not easy to get them also. When u loot ppl you find sometimes 2/3 not 20 as for heals etc. Again there is no issue. Plus they are important to finish ppl off specially 1vs1, otherwise ppl will always run redlined offscreen. Bad pvpers would want this to run away again.

Everyone has lower defense nowadays on their weapons , did u ever fight an archer in arena with a mage weapon and 45 dci? 60 dci is just reasonable for the high lower defense on weapons nowadays

I kill people 1vs2+ since 19 yrs , I saw all the status of pvp guys, sorry . The pvp is well balanced now. U did not live the gimp templates times. When u could overcap dex and go at 1 second bandage heal with no timer evasion , that was op, fighting 20 ppl solo, unkillable mode. Not this pvp nowadays
Blazing, you run away after being hit with one spell and i remember you used to like to run off and leave your guild to die if it saved your life. So lets not start with bad pvper would want this to run away. Second red line: I dont recal you killing any people without using exploits, bugs or third party software.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Supernovas: There is a long timer and it's not easy to get them also. When u loot ppl you find sometimes 2/3 not 20 as for heals etc. Again there is no issue. Plus they are important to finish ppl off specially 1vs1, otherwise ppl will always run redlined offscreen. Bad pvpers would want this to run away again.
Supernovas are important to finish people off? you can finish people off with a spell... lightening... trigger.... painspike... all of those do the same or LESS damage than supernova though. they all take more skill both in terms of skill points and timing, than supernovas too... I am honestly having a very hard time finding a reason to even keep supernovas in the game. It's not like all the other potion effect bonuses from having Alchemy skill isn't worth the skill investment.

Everyone has lower defense nowadays on their weapons , did u ever fight an archer in arena with a mage weapon and 45 dci? 60 dci is just reasonable for the high lower defense on weapons nowadays
Yes, better yet, I know someone who thinks he's the best mage in UO and decided to play an archer vs a non-parry mage... I believe he lost 1 bil gold in that fight. (you know both players I'm talking about). ;)

I kill people 1vs2+ since 19 yrs , I saw all the status of pvp guys, sorry . The pvp is well balanced now. U did not live the gimp templates times. When u could overcap dex and go at 1 second bandage heal with no timer evasion , that was op, fighting 20 ppl solo, unkillable mode. Not this pvp nowadays
I lived all times of UO pvp... lol gimp templates existed in many eras... as a matter of fact, supernovas will contribute into just about every gimp template that's going to be used if they're not changed. before this revert to publish 46's tactics change...

Quite a few options are going to open, if Alchemy>Supernovas are not adjusted, Alchemy will be the most common factor. (more templates will have alchemy than any other skill.)
because of the damage of supernovas. who's going to say no to a free extra hit for 20-27+ damage? btw, I call it "free" because Alchemy is good even without supernovas, thus they are not necessary.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
U are wrong clearly, ppl will run away redlined u cannot finish them off with a lighting..u clearly dunno what u talking about. P.s. In the arena aekyo had parry and no resist... Get better infos kid

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
U are wrong clearly, ppl will run away redlined u cannot finish them off with a lighting..u clearly dunno what u talking about. P.s. In the arena aekyo had parry and no resist... Get better infos kid
DP fencer-mage, did not have parry. but, ok. (the guy who lost the fight said this....) lol

for someone with as much pvp experience as you say you have, you thinking supernovas are important for a finisher is laughable.

It's a viable finisher.... however, there's a big difference between Viable and Overpowered. Overpowered would be, it's better and much easier to use than something else that requires more effort and more skill investment.

Trigger for example, I shouldn't have to say this again... I've repeated it many times between the last several threads about pvp.

Trigger = 240.0 skill (120 mystic & Focus), it's a one-time use, before it needs to be "Casted" again. hits for 21-23 damage 23-25 with scribe, does not increase damage to targets that are cursed 5 minute cooldown on the trigger stone use.

Supernova = 20-27 (27 w/curse) damage at 50 EP + 100.0 alchemy, 2 minute cooldown, can hit multiple targets.

Explain to everyone here, why supernovas should do the same or more damage as something else, when something else requires +140% more skill investment?
Then, factor in the bonuses to all other potion types, and explain how the hell that's balanced?

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
U hold a nova like a candy , the timer is long and u go for it just for certain moments. I would introduce even more pots, like one that makes a 3 tiles wall with a 10 min timer for ex, it would be cool . And once again aekyo removed resist and put parry for that fight and he was in protection. Sorry

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The cooldown timer isn't long man... It only feels long when you fail to kill someone with it.

I know you'd introduce more Pots, you have alchemy on just about every single character.... why wouldn't you?

You expect people to believe Aekyo put parry on so he could use a kryss & a shield to fight an archer in the arena? , he already had another mage with parry/wrestle.... why woudn't he just use that character? C'mon...

I was just using that fight as an example, mostly because I know you can relate to it...
I realize now I didn't specify why a 60% DCI cap would be a horrible idea...

now it's 45/45 HCI/DCI dexers = 50/50 chance to hit/miss someone with equal weapon skill + DCI vs HCI.
at 60 DCI Lower defense would take the affected target to 45 dci (the current non-refined cap), making HLD even more important (mandatory), because without it there's a big enough gap between hitting/missing for the defender to bank on not being hit... for any dexer to have a chance to kill someone. which will force every dexer to play in groups OR to only play with archery.

Lower D is -15 dci btw, it's +7.5% chance you're more likely to be hit...
It use to be -25 when you could overcap to 70/45... +12.5% more likely to be hit

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dunno how to pvp and keep talking abt pvp I dunno rlly...aekyo had parrying on and u keep saying lies. He removed resist just for that fight. He had a kryss with dp and a shield on. and he was in protection.... So your example is clearly wrong. U cannot fight with a mage weapon with 45 dci against good dexers nowadays, u get insta killed. Simple facts and no , I have 0 alchy on my main but yes I have alchy on my mages , 67 alchy mostly, since it works by 33.3 , u dunno game mechanics and u want to ruin pvp for the PROs... It makes me v sad

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
While it's not likely to kill someone with exp Fs Lightning, (that's what 100 points?) it's not hard to land a poison and another lightning to kill them. I've done this regularly for years before using a tactics Mage.

The problem is the high damage output is almost required because both of the power creap to dexer templates and archers.

So now they want to nerf alchemy because of 25 points of damage that takes 100 skill to perform?

Seems like a lopsided argument, such as nerf him not me.

Unless they nerf novas altogether they should allow focused Mage and alchemy to work just fine.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never seen issues with pots , when ppl use them on me I know alrdy when they double conflag etc... V easy to avoid

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never seen issues with pots , when ppl use them on me I know alrdy when they double conflag etc... V easy to avoid
Blazing, why do you keep talking about conflag pots? NOBODY else has said a word about conflags, except for two things:

1) That it's being removed due to being a bug (which is currently the case on TC1.)
2) The damage that they do when a character has EP & Alchemy. Which can also be applied to Supernova pots.

If it's not a big deal, I'm not exactly sure why you're so adamant about keeping double conflag in the game, but you're saying plenty about how you pvp by doing so.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just to help with the 60 DCI math that takes hit chance from 50% down to 38%.

Adding parry on top of it takes hit chance to 13%.

This is pretty close to God mode.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to help with the 60 DCI math that takes hit chance from 50% down to 38%.

Adding parry on top of it takes hit chance to 13%.

This is pretty close to God mode.
As I said overcap dci should work just without parry

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You dunno how to pvp and keep talking abt pvp I dunno rlly...aekyo had parrying on and u keep saying lies. He removed resist just for that fight. He had a kryss with dp and a shield on. and he was in protection.... So your example is clearly wrong. U cannot fight with a mage weapon with 45 dci against good dexers nowadays, u get insta killed. Simple facts and no , I have 0 alchy on my main but yes I have alchy on my mages , 67 alchy mostly, since it works by 33.3 , u dunno game mechanics and u want to ruin pvp for the PROs... It makes me v sad
And now we have blazing's argument deteriorating from ingame mechanics that he's been incapable of making a point on, to an irrelevant point about a trivial fight and some defensive trash talk.

67 alchy mostly, since it works by 33.3 , u dunno game mechanics
Actually alchemy scales per point, for a long time now... But I'm sure you know this because you're such a PRO player... owait.

u dunno game mechanics

u want to ruin pvp for the PROs
As opposed to you who would rather ruin it for everyone if it served you and your limited understanding of game mechanics.

Regardless, good job shooting 98% of your characters in the foot by fighting alchemy change rofl. +1

Real pvpers will adapt, basic pancake pvpers will cry and moan about their crutch templates being changed in a desperate attempt to cling on to some factor of relevance.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Archery/Tactics/Magery/Eval/Med/Resist/Alchemy. Exp+FS+AI, 105 damage there, 125 if Hit Spells proc. Add in a Super Nova pot for another 25 damage. 150 damage right there, so insta kill if you time it right. With the proposed Combat Changes, can drop Tact, and pick up Inscrip, for even more damage. All of this fits inside the "Focused" Mage spec, too.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Archery/Tactics/Magery/Eval/Med/Resist/Alchemy. Exp+FS+AI, 105 damage there, 125 if Hit Spells proc. Add in a Super Nova pot for another 25 damage. 150 damage right there, so insta kill if you time it right. With the proposed Combat Changes, can drop Tact, and pick up Inscrip, for even more damage. All of this fits inside the "Focused" Mage spec, too.
Yeah, this is accurate and is exactly what I did on test.

Though the AI does not reach 35, but I do have some sick tactics jewelry I may try using.

Didn't test it long enough to really gauge damage but at 70 fencing the AI does 20-22 points of damage.

Pretty sure the scribe will make up the difference

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, this is accurate and is exactly what I did on test.

Though the AI does not reach 35, but I do have some sick tactics jewelry I may try using.

Didn't test it long enough to really gauge damage but at 70 fencing the AI does 20-22 points of damage.

Pretty sure the scribe will make up the difference
With a composite bow at 65 dmg inc 0 tactics as a human, AI is 30/33/35. You could go lower dmg inc and still hit 35s on high rolls but not as frequently.
For fencing the Kryss has much lower base damages and thus would require tactics, with 0 tactics as a human and 100 damage increase, your AI's will only do 24/26/28 damage. (At 70 Tactics, 65 dmg inc it is 26/29/32)
For swords, the Longsword is capable of very infrequently hitting 35 damage AIs at 65 dmg inc and 0 tactics as a human. Even at 90 Dmg increase you're still hitting 32's fairly often.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
With a composite bow at 65 dmg inc 0 tactics as a human, AI is 30/33/35. You could go lower dmg inc and still hit 35s on high rolls but not as frequently.
For fencing the Kryss has much lower base damages and thus would require tactics, with 0 tactics as a human and 100 damage increase, your AI's will only do 24/26/28 damage. (At 70 Tactics, 65 dmg inc it is 26/29/32)
For swords, the Longsword is capable of very infrequently hitting 35 damage AIs at 65 dmg inc and 0 tactics as a human. Even at 90 Dmg increase you're still hitting 32's fairly often.
Thanks for the numbers, I may be making an archer Mage instead.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the numbers, I may be making an archer Mage instead.
120 Archery
120 Magery
120 Eval
100 Alchemy
60 Tactics
100 Med
100 Scribe

Spellchanneling balanced 100% fire composite bow with 20 DI and 50 Hit Fireball for AI and moving shot.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 Archery
120 Magery
120 Eval
100 Alchemy
60 Tactics
100 Med
100 Scribe

Spellchanneling balanced 100% fire composite bow with 20 DI and 50 Hit Fireball for AI and moving shot.
You're missing something very important. I would gladly mana vamp / para spam this temp.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're missing something very important. I would gladly mana vamp / para spam this temp.
at least mana vamp is interruptible, pre-casted mana vamp won't be... but have fun chasing someone until they can retaliate.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at least mana vamp is interruptible, pre-casted mana vamp won't be... but have fun chasing someone until they can retaliate.
I personally have no problem vamping someone and watching them run away for two minutes if they don't have resist. Those same people really are *great* teammates when in a group fight and they get vamped.