• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Adventures on The High Seas

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Looked like it was pretty ready (and damned good for a "pre-alpha") in the EC which Supreem used to demo the new boats and a bit of boat combat.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is gonna be some happy Pirates in UO tonight!

Hide yer rum and yer wenches!

*heads to the store for some rum to add to his coke*

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Looked like it was pretty ready (and damned good for a "pre-alpha") in the EC which Supreem used to demo the new boats and a bit of boat combat.
Iam fresh back in here, is the EC also being finished in the near future, especially the movement of players is bad atm and makes PvP very hard?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few more questions:

1. Will Captain Johne, Leonna, and Leodon make an appearance in any fiction that might go with this booster? What about their ships, the Ararat and the Golden Hinde? How about the HMS Cape and it's magical Wheel?

2. Whirlpools and Water Spouts were prevalent in the old Ultima games. Will they be a part of the booster?

C

canary

the chat is killing me people in there we want this we want this makes me sick bitchin and moaning pathetic
I just want to quickly point out the hypocrisy of you doing it right here in this thread ABOUT the chat. Because you are, essentially, doing the exact same thing.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I missed the first 30 minutes of the live stream.

What about pirate fashions? Eye patches, peg legs, ruffled white shirts, hook hand, pirate on our shoulder?

Boat paint isn't pet dye but almost as good.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I just want to quickly point out the hypocrisy of you doing it right here in this thread ABOUT the chat. Because you are, essentially, doing the exact same thing.
hit a nerve?

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

I am happy for all of you who are loving what has been demonstrated as coming. At $15 per account however, for me this will be a tough call.

I rarely use my GM Fisher now. So for me personally I doubt I will want to buy this "booster." If I do buy one copy, then my approach will be similar to SA. I put SA only on accounts where I deemed it necessary, which I think ended up being 3 accounts out of the 21 I was paying for. To pay for those 3 upgrades I closed 9 accounts.

I may end up closing a couple more to add one booster.

I know full well that EA runs a for profit business. However, it seems clear to me they have decided to milk more from existing Players rather than increasing revenue through MORE Players.

Hopefully this booster will result in MORE new or returning Players. Sadly I have my doubts.

In order to continue enjoying UO at all, I do not see myself being able to spend more for boosters, expansions, and ala carte items sold for RL cash.

If EA cant fund UO from our monthly subscription fees, I fear my UO future becomes more cloudy and in doubt. Hope Im wrong.

Regardless, I am happy for those of you who can afford and are excited by this future.

Be Well and Safe Journeys!

D

Deb

Hope someone asks "When this is coming out and how much additional
storage we get.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
storage we get.
a few people have tried to ask but it scrolls pretty fast so hard to tell if they see it i will try again

T

The_Traveler

This will A) Make sea scripting less likely B) Training fishing a pain.
I love it!

Fishy for me?

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So say your boat gets destroyed over water or your paddle boat w/e. Do we gain the ability to swim now? or do we just die? And can gargoyles actually fly over the water now?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In this case I'll embrace hypocrisy and support Storm!

G

Gandie

As great as this sounds, i really had hopes for either a Classic shard, a nice F2P model or some kind of shard merging, because i do not think this will bring many players to the game for a long period of time. And this is what we need.

Ahh well...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
storage we get.
I asked Logrus and the following was his reply in a pm to me

The release date isnt firm yet, alot willd epend on alpha/beta testing with focus groups

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If anybody is there or on the chat please ask them if we can have a graphics switch in the EC IE 2D/SA/KR so we can pick which graphic we want to use.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

One boat not shown:

The Britannian ship aka The Whale, larger than the huge boats shown

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stupid.

thanks for once again not doing things to help the ones who pvp and have been doing it since day 1. so many things need nerfed and or balanced yet you do nothing.

gets old so frustrating i have my 2 accounts one of which is beta 156 months old. why we do we even play anymore? no im not quitting but do they ever wonder why the player base is so far down?

so so so so so many have deactivated and quit cause of the same ole trammy shiat over and over.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aye, part of this booster will involve PvP sea battles... so while it may not be your cup of tea, PvP is getting more love than it has seen in a long while.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
stupid.

thanks for once again not doing things to help the ones who pvp and have been doing it since day 1. so many things need nerfed and or balanced yet you do nothing.

gets old so frustrating i have my 2 accounts one of which is beta 156 months old. why we do we even play anymore? no im not quitting but do they ever wonder why the player base is so far down?

so so so so so many have deactivated and quit cause of the same ole trammy shiat over and over.
ships are also pvp(fel) plus arenas !!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

They're working on getting the ships to work with guild wars in Tram, no further info on if they'll get it working or not yet though.

T

The_Traveler

Any plans to keep the seas from becoming cluttered with parked ships?
Will parked ships block SOS?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1. They're limiting ships placed to 1 per character (and 1 rowboat in use)

2. SOSs can be fished up anwhere in the base coordinates... basically if you're at 100.56N x 50.24E, as long as you're in the 100.xxN x 50.xxE you can fish up thge SOS, so they shouldn;t block too bad.

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stupid.

This. Just have to accept they never have and never will focus on their pvp crowd. UO was a huge pvp game by a complete fluke.

Btw I played with you back on Baja in TC/RAWR about 5+ years back.. those guys still around?

Z

Zodia

We actually developed in the 2D client first. So yes it worked first in 2D (Classic client).

- c
Sure is nice to see that content is being developed to take advantage of the advancements in SA. Yep.
Why would they program for the client that only 5% of the population uses?
It makes perfect sense to program in the CC first.

And I clearly remember Dermott saying on multiple occasions that they can't upgrade the boats because of those of us (the 95%) clinging to our classic clients. I will await your apology. :lol::lol::lol:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stupid.

Perhaps the Devs are feeling in need of a little appreciation so decided to do something for that part of the player base that knows how to show it. Instead of that part of the player base that just whines that it's "all wrong" every time the Devs go in to try and sort stuff out. Just a thought :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Perhaps the Devs are feeling in need of a little appreciation so decided to do something for that part of the player base that knows how to show it. Instead of that part of the player base that just whines that it's "all wrong" every time the Devs go in to try and sort stuff out. Just a thought :)
well said

C

canary

So... booster packs are in so they can focus on NOT taking time away from ongoing content and bug fixes.

Yet we learn that arenas are being pushed back to 'sometime' (even though they JUST advertised it on their newsletter) and also the story arc for Magincia.

That makes perfect sense. Not.

Watching them I am of the sound mind they have zero clear vision of what they are doing or how to accomplish it properly.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So... booster packs are in so they can focus on NOT taking time away from ongoing content and bug fixes.

Yet we learn that arenas are being pushed back to 'sometime' (even though they JUST advertised it on their newsletter) and also the story arc for Magincia.

That makes perfect sense. Not.

Watching them I am of the sound mind they have zero clear vision of what they are doing or how to accomplish it properly.
There's only so many people working on UO right now.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to be a hater through all of this. After all the lay offs and cut backs UO is still getting updated. Rejoice and be happy.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not to mention the fact that the direction of the game gets changed on a whim almost CONSTANTLY (check Draconi's posts on it)

C

canary

I'm not sure why you feel the need to be a hater through all of this. After all the lay offs and cut backs UO is still getting updated. Rejoice and be happy.
Flutter, you don't get it.

Have a vision, fulfill that vision, go to the next thing.

There are currently so many semi completed things in game it is embarrassing.

YOU may enjoy eating a cold dinner or buying clothes with holes in them, and just 'take it and be happy', but as a consumer, I'm NOT happy, and I have every right to voice said dissatisfaction.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Half full vs half empty... to each their own, but I tend to be a half full kind of guy and it has served me well in game and out.

C

canary

And to use your quote again...

It was stated at the beginning of the Town Hall booster packs come into play JUST to ensure things (ongoing content, bug fixes) still get done in game.

Yet we are learning in the very same Town Hall that is definitely not the case.