• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Adventures on The High Seas

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just announced at the town hall.

new 'booster' (mini expansion?) with ships sea monsters etc etc.

$14.99 for the Booster.

New boat models
Boat paints
New boarding method
Increased boat and house storage
Cannons
ship repair and crafting (carp and tailors use less resources)
NPC merchants you can shoot and board (and loot)
NPC Pirates
Mouse control (thanks Mapper)
Secret island you need a map to find (moves location)
Lobster fishing
Lobster traps
36 new fish (2 mountable)
Legendary fishing
Dread pirates with bounties on their heads
Row boat if your ship cant reach the harbour

Apologies for the slapdash post ... it was put together as it was happening live...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yep great news all damagable and repairable alchamy tinkers tailoers etc all needed

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is the best thing EVER!

too bad I can't chat even while logged in, but this ol' pirate is indeed happy!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Smooth boat movement controllable via a mouse! WOOOOOT

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
36 nnew fish yay crabs lobsters etc
19 legendary fish

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I know they said in the fall but missed which fall. This year or next?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Jeebus, the amount of stuff in the seas/fishing portion are an exapsnion by itself!

Too much for me to "live blog", so ummm yeah.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's a whole lotta stuffs :) and for lots of people... the fishers, the crafters, the hunters, the pvp'rs, even merchants... this looks excellent

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Dunno which feed you're watching, but the play demo is in the EC.

The boats are HUGE.

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah. youre right. I was typing on stratics before they zoomed into the screen. The ships still look great.

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. Ship movement is super smooth ... not the juddering sailing were used to...

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Movement was FAR better than I expected, I hope it works in 2d too.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Considering how much the Boat stuff they've done? Yeah, easily reasonable JUST for the boat stuff.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol! A pirate on the high seas booster pack. It`s so UO... Going to love this. And theres things there for everyone. Not sure I liked the legendary fisher though, thought I was all done. But I logged on just so I could pull my alacrity fishing scrolls off the vendor. No one gets those now. All mine!

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What a lot of work and for a small price with something for almost everyone.

Well played Mythic!

I can't wait to get my grubby pirate hands on the damn thing!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
1499 is cheap its a expansion in itself looks great and i imagine it will start to be released this fall but some of it is pre alpha so it would be very late fall i think maybe it was next fall not sure kinda vague

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if we'll have swimming now, since they're doing stuff with the water.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Didn't look like it... Looks like it's still going to be relegated to land and boats, just with a bit more inetractivity.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the chat is killing me people in there we want this we want this makes me sick bitchin and moaning pathetic

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds great! I have questions already!

1. By purchasing the booster, what content do we get access to? Will we still be able to access the regular Britannian ships we already have? Or will this change?

2. Will ships still be refreshed in the same manner?

3. If your ships are parked off the coast of your RP towns, can they be attacked and destroyed by, say, water elementals that turn up out there? Or will all these changes encourage us to dry dock our ships?

4. In the old Ultima Games, there were a few locales which were notable for ship adventures. In Ultima 4, one had to sail out and find Buccaneer's Den, Magincia, and Avatar Island. What's more, there was a huge pirate cove on Avatar Island. Lock Lake also had their fair share of pirates which provided a means to sail to Cove. Will these locales get some love in the booster?

5. Any chance we'll be able to sail from Britannia to Tokuno similar to how it was handled for the Lost Lands?

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds great! I have questions already!

1. By purchasing the booster, what content do we get access to? Will we still be able to access the regular Britannian ships we already have? Or will this change?

2. Will ships still be refreshed in the same manner?

3. If your ships are parked off the coast of your RP towns, can they be attacked and destroyed by, say, water elementals that turn up out there? Or will all these changes encourage us to dry dock our ships?

4. In the old Ultima Games, there were a few locales which were notable for ship adventures. In Ultima 4, one had to sail out and find Buccaneer's Den, Magincia, and Avatar Island. What's more, there was a huge pirate cove on Avatar Island. Lock Lake also had their fair share of pirates which provided a means to sail to Cove. Will these locales get some love in the booster?

5. Any chance we'll be able to sail from Britannia to Tokuno similar to how it was handled for the Lost Lands?
Some great questions...

CAL .. any chance of getting these answered either here or live?

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This looks pretty awesome. I hope they pull it off as well as they did SA. Recipes were mentioned I think. I'd like to know more about that.

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We actually developed in the 2D client first. So yes it worked first in 2D (Classic client).

- c
Sure is nice to see that content is being developed to take advantage of the advancements in SA. Yep.

D

Deb

Awesome so far, one question...Will we need to have a powerscroll for 120 and
if so, how do we get them?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, and they quickly glossed over houw you get the power scroll... it will be "content-based" as a quest reward.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We actually developed in the 2D client first. So yes it worked first in 2D (Classic client).

- c
Hehe i can understand this because the EC isnt ready, any chance to get this ready until the next expansion, i really dont want to quit because mythic disables my client ( in my case TD ) :(

A

AesSedai

- Very interesting stuff.

- Can we make known cheaters of UO walk the plank and get gobbled up by a sea monster? This, of course, causing all of that account's possessions to be forever lost in Davy Jones' locker...