• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A question in Re: to super speed at 247%

• Thread starter imported_Claudia MacCloud
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Why would you not consider this to be reliable?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was interested because I wanted to make sure a recent update didn't "break" the 247 feature.

But someone said it was fast for them, so sounds like it is working.

G

Hey I am a logical person and I say until it is proven to me (Not saying the other person was lying) then I don't believe it... lol.

Besides, it would give us something new to test. Can you imagine the boards blowing up if we find 247% is just as fast as 118%?

It would be bigger than Watergate and Spygate combined... lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey I am a logical person and I say until it is proven to me (Not saying the other person was lying) then I don't believe it... lol.

Besides, it would give us something new to test. Can you imagine the boards blowing up if we find 247% is just as fast as 118%?

It would be bigger than Watergate and Spygate combined... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

......which to me is a reason to leave well enough alone.......LOL doesn't the board have enough drama?

G

You know... you have a good point. Our RL government lies to us all the time so why would EAL life be any different? lol.

Just kidding. I am sure there is a speed increase but I guess the question is, is it really 2x faster.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You know... you have a good point. Our RL government lies to us all the time so why would EAL life be any different? lol.

Just kidding. I am sure there is a speed increase but I guess the question is, is it really 2x faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember a similiar controversy in beta days (or was it right after the game went live?) when max speed was 99% and was raised to 118%. Lots of people tried to say then that even though the speed was almost 20 percentage points higher that it really didn't make much difference in the speed. I don't remember if anybody ever did a formal experiment to challenge it, but eventually those kinds of rumors died back down. All that to say that people have been trying to catch EA/Maxis in 'lies' ever since the game started. LOL

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

Im in game now ... Qute if ya still wanna try this .... If not we can try at a later date? Let me know when you have time ...

Im under the same name as my siggy ....

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

Well im sorry you all couldnt make it ... to test this out ... If you wanna try again for another day and or night ... Please let me know ...

I can only wait another 15 min (10pm est) I forgot I have to go back to work tomorrow uggggg (havent been there for over a week) and i need to be up at 5am .... No worries im sure we have plenty of time to figure this out ... And if we dont ... im sure there is someone out there who wonders a bit to...

Either way let me know .... Have a great night !!!!!!!!!