• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A question in Re: to super speed at 247%

• Thread starter imported_Claudia MacCloud
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

I believe it was Saturday when the speed was 247% for a good while...

I had a sim that had about 16-17 in cooking skill. I also had a sim that had 2-3 in cooking skill. Both skilling the whole time.

I understand that it takes longer to reach top skill pt (20.99) the highter your skill is, the more you have to green. But doesnt the skill go faster when your just starting out .... I know at 118% speed.. You can get a almost 2 skill pts in one green ... till the sim reaches about 6 or so then you have to green more ...

My question is .... When the Super Speed came ... I really didnt notice a difference w/ the skill pts. It really seemed like I was skilling at 118% really didnt notice much of a difference w/ the Super Speed. I went up very little w/ the Sim at 16-17 skill pt. Withe the sime that was at 2-3 skill pt went up the reg skill 1..

So is this Super Speed at 247% really "SUPER" or is it just something to get us excited because it says something other than 118%...

Has anyone else wondered? or tested this out?

But Does it REALLY DO THAT ?

G

ok here's the plan. a few of us will take a sim who doesn't have a skill point in something (like body for me) and we time it for 1 hr. Then, the next time 247% comes, we skill something we have nothing in and time it again for 1 hr. That will tell us if there is a difference or not.

I

imported_Qute Pi

ok. I have lots of sims with no skill lol. Take your pick.
We just need to make sure it stays at max speed the entire hour, except during greening obviously. lol.

I

ok. I have lots of sims with no skill lol. Take your pick.
We just need to make sure it stays at max speed the entire hour, except during greening obviously. lol

Lol as soon as i can get back into game ... (prays its very soon ) hmmmmm

You can pick a sim or two .... and I can pick a sim or two .... (both not having any skill of course... And we can test this theory out ... Or we can try it several times .... If your up to that ... I have enough sims to test this out over and over and over lol...

Duncan, you can help if ya like....

G

Well to make it accurate, I say you do it in 10 minute intervals. The chances you will notice when 247% comes is slim to none. Plus, how often do you notice when it stops?

BTW, if we prove this, will we win the Nobel Peace Prize? lol

I

Well to make it accurate, I say you do it in 10 minute intervals. The chances you will notice when 247% comes is slim to none. Plus, how often do you notice when it stops?

BTW, if we prove this, will we win the Nobel Peace Prize? lol

Usually it comes and goes in the 10 min intervals.... Saturday must of been a special day ... it was on for a good while ... How long idk... if i remember correctly I was able to green at least 2x and still be at 247%. But that was a few days ago, i could be wrong and or remembering the wrong thing lol..... ( I know what your thinking LMAO)

BTW, if we do prove this, maybe we will win the Simbel Skillz Prize ? lmao

G

I will have to pay Qute to make a CC trophy to show off to the WHOLE WORLD!!!!

I

imported_Qute Pi

10 minute intervals would probably be good idea lol
Duncan is good for something
lol jk!

If the Simbell Skillz Prize looks anything like a territory marker, I will pass. lol

G

You see? I do have good ideas once in awhile. Besides, the prize could look like a giant Bug Repellent bottle... lol (Inside joke
)

K

kwills75TSO

One thing you guys and gals need to think about is the type of skill you are testing this on. Some skills will make your motives decay faster than others, if you compare body Vs logic then your motives will decay faster with body because your not sitting down in a comfy chair while skilling, and logic gives you a small amount of fun and also social if you have two people on a chess table. so whatever skill you choose to test this on needs to be the same skill you test it on the second go around when its 247 as well.

M

mameloot

I've been wondering about this, too. 247% over 118% should be a noticeable difference (around twice the speed), but the .01 point increases don't seem any faster.

I think the speed increase is referring to the speed of the people streaming into the skill houses...LOL

mame

I

Re: Qute Pi I'll be home around 5:30pm ctrl time.
Cya then!

LOL i better get a move on it ... Still having trouble w/ login in to EAL uggg.. you'll be home in an hr by my time .... EST....

Re: Duncan I will have to pay Qute to make a CC trophy to show off to the WHOLE WORLD!!!!

Thats a great Idea... You up for it Qute?

Re: Qute 10 minute intervals would probably be good idea lol
Duncan is good for something lol jk!

If the Simbell Skillz Prize looks anything like a territory marker, I will pass. lol

If ya make it, it will be awesome ......

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I've been wondering about this, too. 247% over 118% should be a noticeable difference (around twice the speed), but the .01 point increases don't seem any faster.

I think the speed increase is referring to the speed of the people streaming into the skill houses...LOL

mame

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

G

Well I agree with you on this. But, I will say either 1 hr or 1 green cycle on the same skill item. Charm seems the best since there are plenty of charm houses to go to who are skilling at max. Plus, we need to have at least 6 sims so the skilling speed stays at max for the whole time.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

One thing you guys and gals need to think about is the type of skill you are testing this on. Some skills will make your motives decay faster than others, if you compare body Vs logic then your motives will decay faster with body because your not sitting down in a comfy chair while skilling, and logic gives you a small amount of fun and also social if you have two people on a chess table. so whatever skill you choose to test this on needs to be the same skill you test it on the second go around when its 247 as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point!
I'll do logic on one sim, and then when 247 comes I'll do logic on another sim.

G

Just as a matter for consideration, you have to factor in lag.....big lag can make you gain speed slower also, so if there was big lag during a 247% it could feel like 118% as far as watching the numbers go up. That needs to be a factor to be considered in the testing process.

As for me, I don't care if it's psychological or not, I love seeing that 247% skill above my sim's head and it makes people skill the harder to get speed skills because you can skill at the regular speed during a spike with less people doing it.......so even if it is psychological it has it's benefits LOL.

I

Your absolutly right ... I can have 4 sims on at one time .... And Qute how many can you have .... Duncan i believe can have 2... So if all goes well, maybe we can test all the skills out ....

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Just as a matter for consideration, you have to factor in lag.....big lag can make you gain speed slower also, so if there was big lag during a 247% it could feel like 118% as far as watching the numbers go up. That needs to be a factor to be considered in the testing process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lag isn't going to effect the overall end result tho. When you lag you eventually catch up.

I

I can have a whole bunch lol

LOL shame on me, how many skills are there .... Cookin, Mech, Logic, Charm, Body, and Creativity right ?

Ugg for some reason im thinking there is one more ....

We should try this out on all the skills.... Pick which skill you want to try ... and ill do the ones you dont want to ......

Duncan: are ya in ?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Lag isn't going to effect the overall end result tho. When you lag you eventually catch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah eventually, but they said they were gonna test in 10 minute intervals...if the lag is going on for the whole 10 minutes then you wouldn't catch up until after that 10 minutes is over so it would thwart the results....the only way it would be accurate is if the lag pocket ended during the process or you monitored it through the whole process until the lag pocket ended to see if your numbers jumped up accordingly.

G

Absolutely. All in the name of science and knowing if the 247% is actually a speed increase or just a psychological trick... lol

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah eventually, but they said they were gonna test in 10 minute intervals...if the lag is going on for the whole 10 minutes then you wouldn't catch up until after that 10 minutes is over so it would thwart the results....the only way it would be accurate is if the lag pocket ended during the process or you monitored it through the whole process until the lag pocket ended to see if your numbers jumped up accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok but we are looking at the direct result of 10 minutes. Not how much we can do in one green period. So if we skill for 10 minutes, and wait till the lag catches up before we continue won't that work?

G

Another way to time it would be by using the sims clock. Say 4 hours sims time. This way the lag issue wouldn't be a big deal. Every 1 sim hour we write down where we are on skilling. that will give us 4 points to compare.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I have an idea.
I'll bring the sims
You be the time keeper lol

I

Thats a good idea.... That way we have several diff times to check this out w/.... Eventually it should give us one true answer ....

I

I have an idea.
I'll bring the sims

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!

However might not be a bad idea...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Another way to time it would be by using the sims clock. Say 4 hours sims time. This way the lag issue wouldn't be a big deal. Every 1 sim hour we write down where we are on skilling. that will give us 4 points to compare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're talkin, cuz the sim clock only moves as the lag allows, so one would compensate for the other. That would be the way I would do it, and yes I do have a sim that I can do this with that doesn't have any skillpoints in what I want her to skill IF I can find people skilling it. Of all the things to have trouble finding it seems creativity has dried up in TC3. Unbelievable....used to be every time you turned around creatiivity was at 118%. I need TWO POINTS on one of my sims and going nuts cuz I can't find 118 LMAO.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're talkin, cuz the sim clock only moves as the lag allows, so one would compensate for the other. That would be the way I would do it, and yes I do have a sim that I can do this with that doesn't have any skillpoints in what I want her to skill IF I can find people skilling it. Of all the things to have trouble finding it seems creativity has dried up in TC3. Unbelievable....used to be every time you turned around creatiivity was at 118%. I need TWO POINTS on one of my sims and going nuts cuz I can't find 118 LMAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I know is I'm along for the test ride. oooo sounds scary... lol ok maybe not.

Anyway, you think creat dried up because ppl got tired of being asked for serenades? I remember that was a "big deal" before.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I have an idea.
I'll bring the sims

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!

However might not be a bad idea...

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA!

I

I think i "ALMOST" got it ...... I have to try one more thing then Ill be in game WOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do we want to set a time to try this Qute Pi, Duncan ?

Im thinkin 9pm est time .... that should be 8pm your time Qute Pi...

what do you think?

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

*Thinks* [I know I see the smoke too]

8pm should work fine, can't think of any reason why it wouldn't. Don't think I have any good tv shows on tonight...
I've been playing Tony Hawk on the 360 tho lately, I'll try to not play tonight so I don't lose track of time lol.

G

I would have to say you are right on feeling that there was little or no difference between 118% and this alleged 247%. More smoke and mirrors folks....
Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

BTW..he is probably the same man that has my two missing orange certificates.

Smoke and Mirrors and knee deep BS.

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was watching a new sim skill creativity during 247% and instead of going up by .01 he was going up by .03 so it definitely works.

I

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what do you think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Thinks* [I know I see the smoke too]

8pm should work fine, can't think of any reason why it wouldn't. Don't think I have any good tv shows on tonight...
I've been playing Tony Hawk on the 360 tho lately, I'll try to not play tonight so I don't lose track of time lol.

LOL Tony Hawk can wait till after our Theory...... (j/k)

Duncan how about you ? Is 9pm est time ok w/ you to do this?

G

I can't makle any promises except I will try. I work till 8pm EST and I am on call so I may be busy... who knows. I will let you know Claudia what my availability is when i get home.

G

I have measured it, and found that 247% is about 2.1 times faster than 118% as expected.

When you measure it, you must be sure that you are skilling at that speed the whole time, so be sure there are constantly 6 or more people doing the skill you are doing. Also beware of lag. It sometimes takes a few seconds to update the display. If you time a longer change and take an average, you'll get closer to the right number. If you stop skilling, you lose whatever progress you make toward the next .01. Above 20, that means you can lose 2 minutes of skilling by stopping just before it would have gone up.

Be sure the skill you are doing is locked, because skills decay even as you're skilling. If you have a lot of total skill points, the decay gets faster, and you'll notice more difference between skilling a locked vs unlocked skill. Of course, while greening, it decays if not locked.

For reference, here is how many seconds it takes to go up .01 at different levels. I have confirmed more than half of these numbers in the 118% column, and the pattern is pretty clear. I have checked several numbers in the 247% column and they agree with predictions.
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Time in seconds to increase skill .01
Skill 118% 247%
0-1 3.8 1.8
1-2 7.6 3.6
2-3 11.4 5.5
3-4 15.2 7.3
4-5 19 9.1
5-6 22.8 10.9
6-7 26.6 12.7
7-8 30.4 14.6
8-9 34.2 16.4
9-10 38 18
10-11 76 36
11-12 54 26
12-13 61 29
13-14 69 33
14-15 77 36
15-16 85 40
16-17 92 44
17-18 100 47
18-19 107 51
19-20 115 56
20- 122 58
</pre><hr />

Remember that skill used to go only to 10.99. The formula 3.8 seconds times the skill for each .01 was used up to 10.00, then 10-10.99 took twice as long as 9-10. When they extended the skill range, they didn't change that.

Above 11, it adds 7.6 seconds for each skill level. Note that because 10-11 is extra slow, it's faster to go 11-12, 12-13 or 13-14 than 10-11.

If you time it carefully and come up with different numbers, let me know.

Saj Itareus

G

This has been tested already.
It is roughly twice the speed - remember that a point that takes 2minutes 30 seconds or so, is still going to take 1 min 15 seconds, which may seem like a long time.
The lower skills don't always go up by .01 either - if you watch, they may jump .02 or even .03 occassionally.

But, we didn't keep exact notes, so doing it again (and posting the results) is probly a good idea.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have measured it, and found that 247% is about 2.1 times faster than 118% as expected.

When you measure it, you must be sure that you are skilling at that speed the whole time, so be sure there are constantly 6 or more people doing the skill you are doing. Also beware of lag. It sometimes takes a few seconds to update the display. If you time a longer change and take an average, you'll get closer to the right number. If you stop skilling, you lose whatever progress you make toward the next .01. Above 20, that means you can lose 2 minutes of skilling by stopping just before it would have gone up.

Be sure the skill you are doing is locked, because skills decay even as you're skilling. If you have a lot of total skill points, the decay gets faster, and you'll notice more difference between skilling a locked vs unlocked skill. Of course, while greening, it decays if not locked.

For reference, here is how many seconds it takes to go up .01 at different levels. I have confirmed more than half of these numbers in the 118% column, and the pattern is pretty clear. I have checked several numbers in the 247% column and they agree with predictions.
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Time in seconds to increase skill .01
Skill 118% 247%
0-1 3.8 1.8
1-2 7.6 3.6
2-3 11.4 5.5
3-4 15.2 7.3
4-5 19 9.1
5-6 22.8 10.9
6-7 26.6 12.7
7-8 30.4 14.6
8-9 34.2 16.4
9-10 38 18
10-11 76 36
11-12 54 26
12-13 61 29
13-14 69 33
14-15 77 36
15-16 85 40
16-17 92 44
17-18 100 47
18-19 107 51
19-20 115 56
20- 122 58
</pre><hr />

Remember that skill used to go only to 10.99. The formula 3.8 seconds times the skill for each .01 was used up to 10.00, then 10-10.99 took twice as long as 9-10. When they extended the skill range, they didn't change that.

Above 11, it adds 7.6 seconds for each skill level. Note that because 10-11 is extra slow, it's faster to go 11-12, 12-13 or 13-14 than 10-11.

Saj Itareus

[/ QUOTE ]Wow... so ... ummm... you did all the work we were talking about.. lol.

Ok Nobel Peace Prize goes to Itareus... lol

I

I can't makle any promises except I will try. I work till 8pm EST and I am on call so I may be busy... who knows. I will let you know Claudia what my availability is when i get home.

Ok ... we'll talk then

I

Code:

Time in seconds to increase skill .01Skill 118% 247%0-1 3.8 1.81-2 7.6 3.62-3 11.4 5.53-4 15.2 7.34-5 19 9.15-6 22.8 10.96-7 26.6 12.77-8 30.4 14.68-9 34.2 16.49-10 38 1810-11 76 3611-12 54 2612-13 61 2913-14 69 3314-15 77 3615-16 85 4016-17 92 4417-18 100 4718-19 107 5119-20 115 5620- 122 58

Saj Itareus

Wow... so ... ummm... you did all the work we were talking about.. lol.

How recent is this data?

And are we still on Duncan and Qute Pi? Or is this table justification for the question:

"So is this Super Speed at 247% really "SUPER" or is it just something to get us excited because it says something other than 118%... "

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

How recent is this data?

And are we still on Duncan and Qute Pi? Or is this table justification for the question:

"So is this Super Speed at 247% really "SUPER" or is it just something to get us excited because it says something other than 118%... "

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm wondering if game updates could effect their 247% from one time to another, like a bug.
You said it didn't feel like it was going faster, so its up to you on if that is acceptable.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How recent is this data?

[/ QUOTE ]
The numbers were accumulated over the past month, since I've been playing again. I encourage you or anyone else to do your own measurements and let me know if they agree or differ. Since 247% time is rare, I have fewer measurements for that, but the ones I have agree.

Since they don't publish the formula, all we can do is observe, propose a theory, and test it. Until I skilled up to 10 and beyond, I had no idea what to expect. After I got enough numbers, I came up with this table and measured against some of the predictions and they seem to agree.

There may be factors I'm not accounting for because I haven't seen them. There may be bugs. Let me know what you find out.

P.S. Since I think I've cracked skilling, I'm starting to think about how to analyze skill decay.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All I know is I'm along for the test ride. oooo sounds scary... lol ok maybe not.

Anyway, you think creat dried up because ppl got tired of being asked for serenades? I remember that was a "big deal" before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be....but alot of the ones I saw skilling it were way beyond 8 already, and its still useful to get up to at least 10 for the DJ track so even with a boycott on serenades it is handy. I dunno, I just need it for crafting and am SO close on this one sim to having her entirely skilled. I do have a contact that is a creativity teacher...might have to work out a barter with him on crafting objects to teach my 2 sims that need it.

I

Well good news is, im half into game ..... I see my acct w/ 3 sims 1 normal and 2 grey ..... I hope to be ready by 8pm your time Qute...... Pray i get in game in time

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

I have a bear sim... had about 8 body skill (and thats it) when I started at 0 creativity... from a full log in green... I think I greened twice and shortly after that bear could sing! (I wasnt paying all that much attention...but it was WAY faster than normal.) The bear was at a black piano being serenaded a lot.

G

If you are "sign-on green" (as green as you can get by being offline for a long time) and you start skilling immediately and constantly at 118%, you should reach well over 3, typically 3.5, before you have to stop, almost an hour in real time. It's hard to get back to that total green level by greening in the game, but you should still be able to get over 3.

It depends on which skill you're working on (some preserve fun, social, comfort, etc., some don't), the room score (a full-green room keeps you going longer), and serenades (which recharge your energy and social).

And remember if you have over 10 total skill points, you need to lock the skill you are skilling if you want to go up as fast as possible, since skills decay even as you are working on them. Low level skills go up faster, but come down faster as well. Someone with several maxed skills (and thus a higher skill decay rate) can see an low level skill disappear quite quickly. If they are skilling an unlocked low level skill, it will go up much more slowly.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Code:

Time in seconds to increase skill .01Skill 118% 247%0-1 3.8 1.81-2 7.6 3.62-3 11.4 5.53-4 15.2 7.34-5 19 9.15-6 22.8 10.96-7 26.6 12.77-8 30.4 14.68-9 34.2 16.49-10 38 1810-11 76 3611-12 54 2612-13 61 2913-14 69 3314-15 77 3615-16 85 4016-17 92 4417-18 100 4718-19 107 5119-20 115 5620- 122 58

Saj Itareus

Wow... so ... ummm... you did all the work we were talking about.. lol.

How recent is this data?

[/ QUOTE ]

That data is going to be more reliable and thorough than anything else anybody comes up with. It has to be recent data because 247% spikes havent even been happening that long, so its not like the results are gonna change....247 is 247. Why would you not consider this to be reliable?