• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A proposed idea to finally FIX fel/pvp/stealing/risk v reward!!/INSURANCE!!

• Thread starter Ryix (europa)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
R

Ryix (europa)

This post was lost in stupidity by the first sentance. UO has always been item based. if you say anything else then you are the type of people who screamed for insurance to begin with. Insurance gave the people who could not afford to go get powers and vanqs and invul armour the opportunity to pvp on the same level as everyone else.
im sorry but insurance did EXACTLY the opposite if i cant afford an uber suit right now and insure it then i cant compete in pvp. and uo was not item based before trammel,, your crazy
If people want to run on shards where insurance is not available they have the opportunity to do so. No one is allowed to post anything else in subject to the removal of insurance or "balancing pvp". you dont like something adapt if you dont have something go get it. quit crying and trying to change a game with weak enhancments
its not an enhancement its a revert, Fel should never have been insured. it lost its risk. and again. siege is without insurance YES but thats NOT the only difference.

this isnt a thread for proposing removing insurance for everyone, just giving those that wish to use their current chars and shards and setups in a insurance free environment.
Basically adding as close to pre aos facet as possible now. it removes uber suits and thus uber items, only take what you can afford to lose, Yeah the stupidly rich people can go with full arties everyday. but people will go for them like crazy, and soon those super rich people wont be so rich.

R

Ryix (europa)

wrong:loser:
well done,, you repeated my joke at your expense... again...
stop trolling you clearly have nothign further to contribute.

Siege is not for insuranceless pvp, its an aspect it has but it has... *sigh* many other... you get the message ive said it enough.

C

Corrupted Goblin

This post was lost in stupidity by the first sentance. UO has always been item based. if you say anything else then you are the type of people who screamed for insurance to begin with. Insurance gave the people who could not afford to go get powers and vanqs and invul armour the opportunity to pvp on the same level as everyone else.
im sorry but insurance did EXACTLY the opposite if i cant afford an uber suit right now and insure it then i cant compete in pvp. and uo was not item based before trammel,, your crazy
If people want to run on shards where insurance is not available they have the opportunity to do so. No one is allowed to post anything else in subject to the removal of insurance or "balancing pvp". you dont like something adapt if you dont have something go get it. quit crying and trying to change a game with weak enhancments
its not an enhancement its a revert, Fel should never have been insured. it lost its risk. and again. siege is without insurance YES but thats NOT the only difference.

this isnt a thread for proposing removing insurance for everyone, just giving those that wish to use their current chars and shards and setups in a insurance free environment.
Basically adding as close to pre aos facet as possible now. it removes uber suits and thus uber items, only take what you can afford to lose, Yeah the stupidly rich people can go with full arties everyday. but people will go for them like crazy, and soon those super rich people wont be so rich.

you have no idea what you are talking about it is so funny how stupid you are making yourself look. Obviously you are unamiliar with a Halberd of Vanquishing. That is an ITEM. that was out BEFORE TRAMMEL. And it hit like a SOB. Invulnerability Armour ITEM AGAIN.

Basically this sounds like a cry post of please pitty me i run a stealth character and want to be able to run up to the people running with good suits so i can take them after they die by someone else.

Stop crying that you simple do not understand the game mechanics. This game HAS always and WILL always be item based. Prove me wrong and btw buff up your debating skills they are sad and make you look pathetic.

R

Radun

while simultaneously screwing the other 99.999999% of players out of their playstyle.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

While Items have always had a place in UO, it's never been the dominate factor until AoS. Before that you couldn't "jewel" up a character, you couldn't make templates that were insane in effectiveness based on items simply because those items didn't allow one to surpass the skill cap. Insurance is the only factor that has allowed this to be an effect, because without it those items would be deemed too valuable to loose much like you normally didn't carry Silver Vanq's out when you went to PvP. Come to think of it most didn't carry Vanqs out to PvP and saved them for dungeon crawling. Besides that GM quality items made by a crafter with GM Armslore would exceed the qualities of Vanq's and Invul armor that was available then. Since well Armslore increases the Damage Inc. Cap to what ummm...40% vs the smaller increase Vanquishing gave (35% if I remember correctly). Factor in even low end Runic hammers and Kits and you outstrip their benefits greatly..and who plays a Smith that can't afford to burn out a couple dozen DC hammers?

If you'd re-read the title of this thread it say Fel any changes those of us supporting this are after are to effect Fel only. Artifacts, and other High End items will still have a market and place in UO that wouldn't change except the market would be on the Blue side of the moongate not the Red one. If you want your multi-colored neon pixel cracked carebeared style of game play then by all means keep it, in Trammel. Let Felucca have an actual risk involved with it outside 30 sec of time it takes to get a Rez and the loss of a bit of Gold that you can replace killing monsters in 30 minutes or less.

R

Ryix (europa)

you have no idea what you are talking about it is so funny how stupid you are making yourself look. Obviously you are unamiliar with a Halberd of Vanquishing. That is an ITEM. that was out BEFORE TRAMMEL. And it hit like a SOB. Invulnerability Armour ITEM AGAIN.

Basically this sounds like a cry post of please pitty me i run a stealth character and want to be able to run up to the people running with good suits so i can take them after they die by someone else.

Stop crying that you simple do not understand the game mechanics. This game HAS always and WILL always be item based. Prove me wrong and btw buff up your debating skills they are sad and make you look pathetic.
Having items and being item based are TOOOOOOTALLY different things...

Your insulting me because you have no point to make here, you need only have said "uo was allways item based look at vanq and invul" and i need only have said. well item based and items are different things. And regardless UO is almost completely item based now and back then.. it just wasnt vanq hallys were not everywhere and when they came out, the guy holding it sure went down fast and got dry looted :p hurrah.. risk vrs reward in action.. hurrah what im trying to add back to the game..

R

Ryix (europa)

while simultaneously screwing the other 99.999999% of players out of their playstyle.
wow so only 0.000001% of players dont pvp ? ... hmm... And im not taking any playstyle away.. howd you figure that? also calm down... your getting far too irate over something thats never going to happen :p

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
there are other reasons to go to fel other than to pvp and extra rewards.. your "solution" doesn't address this issue.
The only other signification reason to go to Fel is double resources, Other than you'd have to get that extra +5 lumber jacking (if you didn't want to risk a corroded hatchet) I don't see how that would change....Every other aspect of Fel as far as Dungeons, and Spawns would be changed by this by adding in the extra Risk for those that go there..

R

Ryix (europa)

While Items have always had a place in UO, it's never been the dominate factor until AoS. Before that you couldn't "jewel" up a character, you couldn't make templates that were insane in effectiveness based on items simply because those items didn't allow one to surpass the skill cap. Insurance is the only factor that has allowed this to be an effect, because without it those items would be deemed too valuable to loose much like you normally didn't carry Silver Vanq's out when you went to PvP. Come to think of it most didn't carry Vanqs out to PvP and saved them for dungeon crawling. Besides that GM quality items made by a crafter with GM Armslore would exceed the qualities of Vanq's and Invul armor that was available then. Since well Armslore increases the Damage Inc. Cap to what ummm...40% vs the smaller increase Vanquishing gave (35% if I remember correctly). Factor in even low end Runic hammers and Kits and you outstrip their benefits greatly..and who plays a Smith that can't afford to burn out a couple dozen DC hammers?

If you'd re-read the title of this thread it say Fel any changes those of us supporting this are after are to effect Fel only. Artifacts, and other High End items will still have a market and place in UO that wouldn't change except the market would be on the Blue side of the moongate not the Red one. If you want your multi-colored neon pixel cracked carebeared style of game play then by all means keep it, in Trammel. Let Felucca have an actual risk involved with it outside 30 sec of time it takes to get a Rez and the loss of a bit of Gold that you can replace killing monsters in 30 minutes or less.
I love you man... lol

R

Ryix (europa)

come play SP, no insurance here just tons of pvp.:)
I already do, sorta in the middle of training a new char :) but thx for the offer, also i dont pvp coz im terrible at it :p i just like risk in my games.

R

RoycroftLS

ive thought about the limit to insurance, but that just means people steamline what htye want to bring. they wont bring uber items uninsured just because they hit their max.
I would think that a limit to insurance would bring more choices to PvP.

Make everything related to combat, including all spell books, unblessed in Fel. Give every Fel player 7 or 8 (the exact number can be worked out) Fel bless deeds that can be applied to any combat related item, so that those items are unstealable/unlootable. Make the bless deeds apply to entire stacks of items, like potions and bandages, but also make it so you can otherwise steal entire stacks of consumables at a time if they are not blessed.

A dexxer can choose to bless 7 uber pieces of armor and his weapon, but that won't mean much if you come along and steal his bandages and chiv book. If a dexxer chooses to bless his bandages and chiv book, that means that he puts his gear at risk.

Each player can decide what is important to them and vary their playstyle, instead of having everyone in all arties, or everyone in GM crafted armor.

R

Ryix (europa)

Make everything related to combat, including all spell books, unblessed in Fel. Give every Fel player 7 or 8 (the exact number can be worked out) Fel bless deeds that can be applied to any combat related item, so that those items are unstealable/unlootable. Make the bless deeds apply to entire stacks of items, like potions and bandages, but also make it so you can otherwise steal entire stacks of consumables at a time if they are not blessed.

A dexxer can choose to bless 7 uber pieces of armor and his weapon, but that won't mean much if you come along and steal his bandages and chiv book. If a dexxer chooses to bless his bandages and chiv book, that means that he puts his gear at risk.

Each player can decide what is important to them and vary their playstyle, instead of having everyone in all epics, or everyone in GM crafted armor.
people will risk a 500gp and 100 bandies anyday over gear, theres no risk still just replacing insurance with bless deeds, further decreasing the risk by removing insurance cost, I like that your contributing thou. Just i dont think this is the way to go.

and obviously this doesnt address the issue of item vrs skill issue :)

C

Corrupted Goblin

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.... lord i dont even know where to start.

Ok i lied i do.

Vanq was 50% damage increase.

Armslore did not affect anything up until a year or 2 ago

True PVPers did carry power and vanq weapons but no they did not keep their silver vanqs on them to go pvp as i dont keep my pvm weapons on me either when i go pvp (try and use your brain on that one even now people wouldnt want to pay the extra insurance loss)

AoS and insurance you say lead to people using jewles to pvp with. no jewels did that on their own without insurance. If insurance was never created people would still run with the jewelry. In fact they did, they used rings bracelets and earings that provided buffs.

and as to you restating the original post. THERE ARE SHARDS WITHOUT INSURANCE. Why change the whole game? is it because the people that are in favor of this are simply too lazy to build up on siege? is it because they are unable to live with only running one character? im confused but what this post is suggesting is already available.

S

ShadowJack

I think it's a good idea, and here's why I think people are arguing against it because they like fel being dead. They have a cheap house, can macro mining rails while they are running no risk of being seen cause no one goes there.

They need artys and powerscrolls to pvp

they like the control over the dungeons they have by rezzing with full gear. Controlling the powerscroll spawns and all of the money

And a thief is perfect for people going after murderers and blues that town hide.

The game is broken because it was designed to be dynamic. Good AND evil. If you are a pk, then you don't get insurance, simple. Learn to use a might spear. We did.

The people that aruging against it don't want to lose ITEMS with trammel there is too much gold and WAY TO MANY ITEMS

there is no real drain on this economy.

Make it fel. If you want to fight, and kill, then you're gonna have to stop dying and losing your gear. Find friends or a house so you don't die. Not running around with a 100 mil gold suit for killing innocents.

If the blues want to fight, then same thing goes.

Stealing takes the items away even further, but instead of draining it away, it trades items. Thieves sell cheaper, and usually get killed and lose what they stole anyhow. Or it's not worth anything.

Your crafters and resource gathers need to play in trammel to be safe, if they mine/chop whatever in fel, then it SHOULDN'T be safe.

We're not trying to take trammel away, we want fel back and ungimped. Some of us have been here 10+ years and know this game, we've had every class and every spot we've ever loved nerfed all to hell. We deal with it and keep playing. But it's time for the game to balance out for the minority and the player base that likes FEL style rules.

Moving to SP isn't an option, it's not even close to being the same, why don't you move to SP after insurance goes out

The trammel ruleset has won, and the game is still failing. Why not try it our way for a while, and in a year or so, you can nerf it back if everyone hates it.

But there was a lot of the player base that left over pub 16, aos, and trammel. Cater to those players.. why not, you have trammel.

You guys are cutting off your own hand by playing this way. If you want to fight pvp, then fel needs to be more like it used to. I consider all of you blessed gear wearing, no thief having, think I can kill some trammy pks a bunch of gimps unless you were good in our day.

Fix fel and let some old school players come in and show you what tough is. The game was boot camp to us before trammel, and some of us liked the challenge.

R

Radun

well done,, you repeated my joke at your expense... again...
stop trolling you clearly have nothign further to contribute.
wrong again :loser:

Siege is not for insuranceless pvp, its an aspect it has but it has... *sigh* many other... you get the message ive said it enough.
well you gotta take the good with the bad... beggars can't be choosers.
If someone came here saying they want one of those other aspects forced onto your gameplay, you would most likely feel the same as the vast majority of uo does about your idea.

C

Corrupted Goblin

Having items and being item based are TOOOOOOTALLY different things...

Your insulting me because you have no point to make here, you need only have said "uo was allways item based look at vanq and invul" and i need only have said. well item based and items are different things. And regardless UO is almost completely item based now and back then.. it just wasnt vanq hallys were not everywhere and when they came out, the guy holding it sure went down fast and got dry looted :p hurrah.. risk vrs reward in action.. hurrah what im trying to add back to the game..

Just because you couldnt get the items didnt mean it wasnt item based.

Or just because you couldnt HOLD the items didnt mean it wasnt item based.

Its easy to insult the stupid

R

Ryix (europa)

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.... lord i dont even know where to start.

Ok i lied i do.

Vanq was 50% damage increase.

Armslore did not affect anything up until a year or 2 ago

True PVPers did carry power and vanq weapons but no they did not keep their silver vanqs on them to go pvp as i dont keep my pvm weapons on me either when i go pvp (try and use your brain on that one even now people wouldnt want to pay the extra insurance loss)

AoS and insurance you say lead to people using jewles to pvp with. no jewels did that on their own without insurance. If insurance was never created people would still run with the jewelry. In fact they did, they used rings bracelets and earings that provided buffs.

and as to you restating the original post. THERE ARE SHARDS WITHOUT INSURANCE. Why change the whole game? is it because the people that are in favor of this are simply too lazy to build up on siege? is it because they are unable to live with only running one character? im confused but what this post is suggesting is already available.
semantics of facts here

Vanq was actually 40
gm 35
Power 30
(fairly sure anyway but vanqs were 100% not 50)

You also missed out the whole this only effects fel part. it does not change nearly the whole game... PLEASE READ THE POST
And yes people still ran with vanq hallys but they had the chance to lose them and they knewi t. it made fighting them a better option than simple running away... you ahve higher chance of reward at higher risk of death. which is the whole point here.

Yes i could and have go play siege yes it has no insurance .. wait... de-ja-vu
Please read the posts? :)

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
reintroducing (for me) one of the best templates and playstyles in the game.
Another no skill leg humper who is still crying after 8 years that their worthless garbage playstyle is gone.

Know why thieves were nerfed into oblivion? Because it's a no skill, no risk, all reward playstyle that no one but the people playing thieves want around.

:next:

R

Radun

it just wasnt vanq hallys were not everywhere and when they came out, the guy holding it sure went down fast and got dry looted :p hurrah.. risk vrs reward in action.. hurrah what im trying to add back to the game..
that's not an example of risk vs reward. sorry try again.

R

Ryix (europa)

wrong again :loser:

well you gotta take the good with the bad... beggars can't be choosers.
If someone came here saying they want one of those other aspects forced onto your gameplay, you would most likely feel the same as the vast majority of uo does about your idea.
Yeah if someone came and said they wanted ROT forced onto me id be all "whoa no thanks" BUT!!!! im not forcing anything on anyone here... you really DONT understand the concept here... it applies ONLY to fel.. not to item based pvp not to trammel not to anything BUT FEL.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Each player can decide what is important to them and vary their playstyle, instead of having everyone in all arties, or everyone in GM crafted armor.
Yes but with the original posts proposal you get the same effect. With it you'd be building across your skills not your suit. Most, now not all PvPer's on Production Shards swear that the first piece of a suit should be......can you guess? Why a Rune Beetle Carapace, of all things. Players are developing their PvP characters around modifications not around the strengths and weaknesses inherit in skills which leads to major issues with Balancing PvP, It's part of the reason Stealth Tamers with Greater Dragons are such and issue, because with Items providing Mods it's easy to get a 110+ tamer and Lore is an easy skill to raise. I see half of them asking for a Pet Rez if their dragon manages to die. You remove the Dependence on item mods from PvP and you remove 80% of the balance issues. Those that try and get away with their uber suits will soon learn better after loosing them. It does much to level the playing field and bring it back to something that it never really was. Used to be Connection was a huge issue, now Broadband is more common than dial-up, that issue is gone. It would all come back to individual skill as a player and smart choices on what skills to pick, and how you play your character.

I remember pre-Trammel and I remember the first couple of years after before AoS, not everyone was an Archer or a Fencer or a Swordsman or a Macer. Tank mages, and pure Mages alike were out there, variety was present because no template had a huge advantage over any other in PvP due to actual hard restriction in Skill points available for use in building a character.

C

Corrupted Goblin

your wrong,
plain weapon 0%
ruin 10%
might 20% (this was also gm)
force 30%
power 40%
vanq 50%

R

Ryix (europa)

that's not an example of risk vs reward. sorry try again.
Uh yeah it is... the guy wants the reward of being more powerfull but with it comes the risk of forever losing that power.

The guy hes fighting gets the higher risk of death because the other guys well equipped but he also gets a better reward for killing him (all his extra nice gear)

Thats almost the perfect example of risk vrs reward... try again...

Also everything i said about you just saying wrong applies to you just saying Your wrong try again...

C

Corrupted Goblin

WAIT WAIT WE ALL NEED TO STOP WASTING OUR TIME ON THIS TRASH. THIS POST IS ALL BASED ON THE RECOMENDATIONS OF SOMEONE THAT DOESNT EVEN PVP.

ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS ARE WORTHLESS AS IS YOUR PVP (taking your advise and read your post about how your terrible)

R

Ryix (europa)

your wrong,
plain weapon 0%
ruin 10%
might 20% (this was also gm)
force 30%
power 40%
vanq 50%
Im fairly certain gm was better than force. and almost possative vanq was only 45% since you know.. i have an sword that used to be vanq and is now 45%...

But does that fact have anything todo with this thread?

R

Ryix (europa)

WAIT WAIT WE ALL NEED TO STOP WASTING OUR TIME ON THIS TRASH. THIS POST IS ALL BASED ON THE RECOMENDATIONS OF SOMEONE THAT DOESNT EVEN PVP.

ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS ARE WORTHLESS AS IS YOUR PVP (taking your advise and read your post about how your terrible)
Just because im bad at pvp does not mean my opinion is wrong... tell me HOW its wrong and ill agree..
I may suck at pvp but ill wager i know more about what makes uo uo than you ever will.

This thread is neither about pvp nor stealing directly not even insurance.. its about risk and reward.. and the HUGE lack of risk in uo today.

C

Corrupted Goblin

those weapons do not show the actual damage increase. sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. your "experience" has been obliterated and you currently look like a completely ignorant UO Vet

R

Radun

QFT. moving on...

R

Ryix (europa)

those weapons do not show the actual damage increase. sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. your "experience" has been obliterated and you currently look like a completely ignorant UO Vet
Wrong.. most vanq power etc items were converted to AOS stats... so ... you know... suck it

The Vanqs and such that stayed around were a glitch because i believe the accounts that held them werent active during the change... and if i remember correctly ALOT of them were updated at a later date..

So .. back atcha ignorant uo non vet

R

Ryix (europa)

QFT. moving on...
Go for it.. since his post didnt make any valid point against the idea.. only about myself... i cant pvp(well thats not strictly true i just decided not to when it became item based over skill based, other games do skill based pvp alot better).. whats taht got todo with risk in uo anyway?

Anyway you go move on youve done nothign but troll flame and argue things ive already stated and backed up with fact and ideas.

R

Ryix (europa)

Oh and final count so far... way more for. and only 2 that actually tried to make any kind of point against and all were basically just a misunderstanding of the original premise.

Alot of people agree with me, and they all definately understand what im saying.. the ones that dont, dont seem to have read the post and understood if.. perhaps my fault for not making it clear..

Anyway im going to bed. i have work and a life, ill revisit the thread monday if its anywhere near the top few pages lol

I can only hope (although its a fools hope) that by some miracle a dev will see this and see that the people that got the idea were for it. the people that thought i was trying to remove trammel were against it. (wrongly thought i was i should add lol) Edit: god i really better make sure its clear
The proposal in no way effected trammel in anyway and all risk is purely at the players own discretion and level of acceptance, no risk is forced and no playstyle forced, only an option of a more skill based FACET given. if you think im trying to take your items your misunderstanding the premise.

S

ShadowJack

Another no skill leg humper who is still crying after 8 years that their worthless garbage playstyle is gone.

Know why thieves were nerfed into oblivion? Because it's a no skill, no risk, all reward playstyle that no one but the people playing thieves want around.

:next:

a guy with a sig riding a nightmare, killing a scripter is who should decide what's best for the playstyle of thief lol.

Why not ask the thieves who played since the game started, instead of the people who have no clue about anything but being a gimp.

Next time hold a glacial staff when you kill a scripter

that'll win the thieves over to your side.

R

Radun

Go for it.. since his post didnt make any valid point against the idea.. only about myself... i cant pvp(well thats not strictly true i just decided not to when it became item based over skill based, other games do skill based pvp alot better).. whats taht got todo with risk in uo anyway?

Anyway you go move on youve done nothign but troll flame and argue things ive already stated and backed up with fact and ideas.
No I'm pretty sure you didn't. You haven't even explained how the system is broken in the first place...

OH! so your changes only effect fel???
well I guess that completely changes everything I've said about fel!

R

Ryix (europa)

a guy with a sig riding a nightmare, killing a scripter is who should decide what's best for the playstyle of thief lol.

Why not ask the thieves who played since the game started, instead of the people who have no clue about anything but being a gimp.

Next time hold a glacial staff when you kill a scripter

that'll win the thieves over to your side.
stop saying thief!! its not a thief idea its a risk reward idea :p just happens to make thieves viable again if somewhat rubbishy for any kind of reward other than hella fun :p

(if you keep saying thief you might aswel ask for them to remove tamers lol justgonna get an insta no.. oh god i hope no one thinks im trying to get rid of tamers now... crap you hear that?... thread just died ...)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
After AoS they changed to show the properties, all Silver weaps became Undead Slayers, Durability mods showed in % so did Damage Inc. They weren't in a set 10% tier either or you wouldn't see weapons ranging from 10% DI to 35% DI as relics from period. Old GM weapons...25% DI or at least the one's I have are. If you'd like I can get some screen shots and make a collage for you.....

R

Radun

the people that thought i was trying to remove trammel were against it.
WRONG! :loser:

Nobody thought you were trying to remove trammel.
Everybody understood what you were saying.
It couldn't have been clearer. You want to remove insurance from fel.
This is the key thing that people are arguing against.

Your idea is the absolute worst idea of a 'fix' ever....
Let's fix insurance, by removing it...

God I sure hope you're not a doctor, who's going to fix my hand (which isn't even broken) by removing it!

p.s. it's not a risk vs reward idea... it's an insurance nerf.

R

Ryix (europa)

No I'm pretty sure you didn't. You haven't even explained how the system is broken in the first place...

OH! so your changes only effect fel???
well I guess that completely changes everything I've said about fel!
No risk in fel = system broken

Clear enough? fel is meant to be the risk facet... not just the place that guys go to pvp because it wont let you in tram.

Oh sorry did i say that you personally misunderstood that i was talking about fel or did i just say that some people did?
sorry i get so confused when your a GIANT SARCASTIC ****** with NO valid point who only posts in this thread to flame

I posted an IDEA i asked for FEEDBACK you gave me
NO I DONT LIKE IT
YOUR WRONG
YOUR WRONG
LOSER
YOUR WRONG
TRY AGAIN YOUR WRONG
YOUR WRONG
OMG I JUST SAID YOUR WRONG AND EVEN THOU YOU REPLIED AND EXPLAINED HOW YOU WERENT IM GOING TO IGNORE IT AND LATER STATE YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT IT!!!

not really feedback.. more like.. you know.. trolling because you want the thread to decend into a flamefest so you dont ahve to let everyone into the fact that you
A: cant pvp but cant admit it or
B: that you cant pvp without items and dont want to be forced to prove it or
C: your an idiot.

Little secret.. this change wont happen so your secrets safe ;) dont worry they will never make fel risky again, you can scriptmine to your hearts content pfft who am i to make the game challenging?! pfft games shouldnt be challenging they should be boring monotonous tasks ... OH... OH WAIT... no they should be fun haha oh well nvm :p

Night lol

L

Lore Master

I see no fun in pvp or stealing from other players i have been playing for just over 7 and a half years so i am no newbe. i got my first real computer in november of 2001 and i started playing ultima online around january of 2002 i believe.

• I also played ultima 1,2, 3 and 4 on my commadore 64 and i really enjoyed them at the time not as much as i enjoy ultima online now though.
Well anyway if i had a computer in 97 i probally would have played ultima online around the time UO started i may have quit not long after because UO was mainly pvp and stealing from others at the time two things i don't care for.
  • We all have a right to our opinions i can respect that but to be frank if insured and blessed items where taking out of fel i probally wouldn't go to fel anymore it is isolated enough as it is.
If they allowed stealing from other players or pvp in tram or if they removed insurance and blessed items from tram i would quit ultima online as much as i love this game and i believe many others would too and uo would be less populated then ever.
  • Please note this post isnt just to your post but to all the post requesting stealing from others in tram or removal of insurance and blessed items in fel or tram.

R

Ryix (europa)

God I sure hope you're not a doctor, who's going to fix my hand (which isn't even broken) by removing it!
Yes because comparing it to something completely different is a valid point :)

and you still havnt told me why removing insurance is bad.. at least not a valid reason that i havnt covered.

I really could go through this quoting all the parts where people misunderstood what i said but im going to bed

Wanna just quote me then say im wrong and say somethign totally unrelated? or quote me out of context or edit all your posts? AGAIN i mean. :)

gnight! (no really im going this time lol what a mong honestly.)

oh and for any future posts you make in this thread
"your wrong" but im not gonna explain why because you know... wheres the fun in that?

EDIT: OH MAN LOL READ POST ABOVE AND THEN THE ONE IM QUOTING YOU ON>> CLASSIC yeah no one thought i was trying to put pvp in trammel or anything like that... damn lol perfect

Lore master, you dont have to goto fel if you dont feel the risk is worth the reward you go there for currently :) thats the point you ahve trammel thats great it suits your needs to a T, i dont wanna effect it in anyway :) i like tram its good for alot of aspects of the game.. but other not so much :) which is why fel needs to be fel again. Im not proposing any NEW change its just a revert back to how fel used to be when tram first came out. They didnt put insurance on siege and they shouldnt have put it on fel either. end of.

R

Radun

not one single person posted that they thought you were trying to remove tram.

You didn't say I personally misunderstood... you said the people against your idea, thought you were trying to remove tram... which is wrong.

no risk in fel = broken.... well good thing there's plenty of risk there, as it's not trammel ruleset. I guess I was right, it's NOT broken!

Y

Yalp

and your post doesnt explain why ... :) please explain

What are these other reasons? (im sure there are some im not being patronizing here)

and please when you let me know tell me why it wouldnt address those issues and if that means its a total bad idea just because its not an instant fix to everything?
some quests require you to go to fel, rp events, non-pvp events, champ spawns, and just plain adventuring.

making everything cursed whenever you enter fel will:

1) kill all events in pvp other than those designed specifically for pvp
2) kill any efforts to complete quests requiring visits to fel
3) reduce the population of fel even more.. prompting even more threads on these forums where there is wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth on how to get more peeps to fel
4) actually will put another nail in the pvp coffin.. peeps who don't cheat and run hack programs will never be able to compete and will have 100% certainty of loosing their items every time they attempt to pvp
5) create more pressure of peeps who just want to have fun to load up said illegal programs
6) Lead to a massive uproar against EA to fix the cheating
7) Create loss of revenue to EA when peeps who love to pvp legally drop their subscriptions to move to the uber game of the day
8) Create one hell of a mess when EA patches a "fix" to stop the hacking programs and the unintended byproduct is even greater problem then the hacking
9) result in loss of massive subscriptions
10) high probability of destruction of UO.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

It's not to remove insurance....It's to stop it's use in Fel. There's a difference. You still have insurance you still have the option of using it, but if you want to be on the "challenging risk filled facet" the you don't get to use it there.

Think of it this way...when your at home and you want an apple you just reach over and pick it up...now you go out on Halloween and want an apple while at a carnival or something you don't walk over to the "Bobbing for apples" game and pick up it you have to use your teeth and play within the challenge of the game. You still have both hands...you just have to decide if getting water up your nose is worth an apple or not.

On the same note if players want Risk vs Reward then by all means give them Risk vs. Reward for being in Fel, if not let them stay in Trammel. That's all we're saying nothing more, other wise there's no point in limiting Rewards for Champs, and resources to Fel becuase the justification aka the Risk isn't really there. Loosing 20k in Gold to get a power scroll you can sell for millions isn't a risk..it's an investment.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see no fun in pvp or stealing from other players i have been playing for just over 7 and a half years so i am no newbe. i got my first real computer in november of 2001 and i started playing ultima online around january of 2002 i believe.

• I also played ultima 1,2, 3 and 4 on my commadore 64 and i really enjoyed them at the time not as much as i enjoy ultima online now though.
Well anyway if i had a computer in 97 i probally would have played ultima online around the time UO started i may have quit not long after because UO was mainly pvp and stealing from others at the time two things i don't care for.
  • We all have a right to our opinions i can respect that but to be frank if insured and blessed items where taking out of fel i probally wouldn't go to fel anymore it is isolated enough as it is.
If they allowed stealing from other players or pvp in tram or if they removed insurance and blessed items from tram i would quit ultima online as much as i love this game and i believe many others would too and uo would be less populated then ever.
  • Please note this post isnt just to your post but to all the post requesting stealing from others in tram or removal of insurance and blessed items in fel or tram.
I don't think ANYONE was saying about altering ANYTHING in TRAM. Not everything is about TRAM, yeesh.

L

Lore Master

I don't think ANYONE was saying about altering ANYTHING in TRAM. Not everything is about TRAM, yeesh.
i did say my response wasn't just for this post read my last line please. i am not trying to start an argument.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i did say my response wasn't just for this post read my last line please. i am not trying to start an argument.
Sorry, just tired of having people bring in comments saying "if they do whatever to tram i will quit" and such similar statements in threads that are specifically about fel.

R

Rubican

I'm going to say something no one wants to hear - if you want people BACK in Fel - dont make equipment cursed make it blessed.

The issue is not lack of items and the desire to have more (from victims) - the issue is lack of people (again, victims).

More people will give pvp and 2x resources a go (no, not everyone or even most).

R

Radun

It's not to remove insurance....It's to stop it's use in Fel. There's a difference. You still have insurance you still have the option of using it, but if you want to be on the "challenging risk filled facet" the you don't get to use it there.

Think of it this way...when your at home and you want an apple you just reach over and pick it up...now you go out on Halloween and want an apple while at a carnival or something you don't walk over to the "Bobbing for apples" game and pick up it you have to use your teeth and play within the challenge of the game. You still have both hands...you just have to decide if getting water up your nose is worth an apple or not.

On the same note if players want Risk vs Reward then by all means give them Risk vs. Reward for being in Fel, if not let them stay in Trammel. That's all we're saying nothing more, other wise there's no point in limiting Rewards for Champs, and resources to Fel becuase the justification aka the Risk isn't really there. Loosing 20k in Gold to get a power scroll you can sell for millions isn't a risk..it's an investment.

Oh, sorry for excluding "from fel" at the end of "removing insurance"
You can have your insurance, just not in fel... yeah, that's like... you can have your motorbike, just not outside the garage!

There's plenty of risk in fel.. you don't need this half-baked idea.
being attacked/killed is the risk.
in order the balance the risk vs reward, if they remove insurance from fel, they'll have to give a lot more reward.
they don't come take your house away, when you don't win the lottery.