• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A proposed idea to finally FIX fel/pvp/stealing/risk v reward!!/INSURANCE!!

• Thread starter Ryix (europa)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
R

Radun

See I know a change to insurance would hurt you, your a provider in arms and armor, you wouldn't be able to get 2mil + for a piece of armor or a weapon anymore...it's ok you could always just sell to the Trammies. But the over all fact of the matter is removal of insurance would do more good to Fel in terms of Balancing PvP, and adding Risk to a Risk free environment, in addition to reviving an almost dead skill group. That's the major overall I've said it before Fel is nothing but an Evil Carebear, but it's still a Carebear.
Shenanigans!
All this "You have something to lose by this change" nonsense has to stop. That doesn't support your argument in the least. The fact that players are overall going to lose out is a reason NOT to make the change.

He's a crafter, and he's going to lose out... :eek:snap: wasn't this change supposed to be in crafter's favor???:hahaha:
I'm pretty sure that's one of the main excuses the vocal minority have been using against insurance... but I guess you just explained how that's pretty much invalid.

AND, Carebear has always been what Siege players call Fel players on production shards, even before the shard's population dropped by 3/4s over a couple months because AOS without insurance ruined pvp.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong. :lick: Insurance didn't make champ spawns any less risky.
When these rewards were introduced (before insurance), the system was set up so that you got to keep all your equipment when you died. It didn't drop to your corpse.
Risk of being killed is still risk, even if you get to keep your equipment.

If you're playing chess with someone, and he beats you, do you say "Oh I didn't really lose, because I didn't wager any money on the game"? No, you still lost the game.

Right now when you die you lose 2k-6k in insurance.. Before insurance, when you died, what was your net loss when you died with a little bag of 50 each reagent? Was it like 100x more than you lose now? I don't understand why you think you were risking so much more before...
Maybe your memory stretches before the days when we got kicked out of dungeons upon death. To when we did stand to lose items and equipment and there was actual risk. Apparently players felt there was too much risk or they wouldn't have welcomed insurance, would they? But EA figured that Fel should be toned down too, which was stupid. Risk v reward? Hahah, yeah right! Now all we risk is a bit of gold, which is like water in UO. You call that risk? A few k on a suit worth over 100mil is risk? The most PvPers have to worry about is the insurance bug. PvP should be about more than checking how much gold you have before you go out for the night. That's what folks do when they're going out for a night at the pub.

Wenchy

R

Radun

re-read what you replied to.

Before you were ever ejected for dying in the dungeons, the extra rewards to go there for didn't exist. The whole not-dropping-equipment/ejection changes went in with the introduction of the reward, and was taken off at the introduction of item-properties/insurance.

The whole risk vs reward whine is over the fact that you're no longer ejected. It has nothing to do with insurance. They never lowered the risk level, concerning item loss, ever since the reward is introduced. Insurance did (absolutely) nothing(no effect) to the Risk vs Reward equation. The appropriate level of risk, for the reward of powerscrolls, never included loss of equipment besides resources, stackables, and cursed items

Being ejected has nothing to do with risk. It's not a risk, it's a condition. If you go into the dungeon and die, you will not be able to re-enter the dungeon server for 20 minutes. You can't say "Going into dungeons is a 'risk' of not going into dungeons" because by not taking the "risk" you are automatically incurring the penalty that you are (so-called) "risking".