• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A farewell's begining

• Thread starter Valiant Frost
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
V

Valiant Frost

The sun's golden rays were just begining to filter out from the horizon, like a golden tear just about to spill in the open sky. The wind picked up leaves that littered the earthen path, dancing to the soft howling of the east wind. He pulled his robe closer to himself, not because it was a cold morn but because he felt unsure and the urge to do something, anything, was quite strong. He urged his steed forward the path that lead to a small town. The morning mist still clung to the roof of every house and establishment. A dog's bark broke the silence of the early day. His horse just gave the beast a side glance, never breaking stride. Not very long the streets will be a chorus of noise and activity. Children will be running around pretending to be warriors and mages, archers and tamers, perhaps even thieves and assasins. Not long now, assuredly so, but for now, there was only silence.

The robed rider hunched over his steed, hiding his true height. His brown robe, tattered at the ends, was the simplest there is. He carried no pack nor any weapons that showed. His horse was the only exception to his being unworthy of even a side glance. The steed was white, with muscles that showed strength and a proud and steady gallop that conotes good breeding.

The stranger need not steer his horse, it knew where his master wanted to go. Soon enough rider and horse stopped in front of an inn, the name painted on a new hanging sign, "White Stagg." The stranger looked up and studied the sign and the building for a long while. He stared at the inn almost stupefied, like he was trying to decide whether what he is seeing is real or a phantom from his memories. He pushed the hood of his robe from his head, his black hair fell in tangles to about his shoulder. He looked around, still that look of unbelief on his face.

It took much effort to get of his mount, he was either tired, weak, or both. He managed to tie a slip knot on the hitching post so his steed will not wonder off, not that it would. He took several slow, deliberate, almost apprehensive steps towards the inn doors. When he reached the doors, he stopped once more and stared. His eyes became misty, but he kept the tears in check, never letting them fall or even get close to falling. The doors were unlocked, he pushed them forward, and inhaled the sweet concoction of scents from food, spirits, and fresh lumber. He smiled upon recognizing the smell of fresh timber, as if it was the most common thing in the lands of Brittania.

"Another accident I see" finally he said. He waited a while so his vision can adjust to the early morning darkness that filled the first floor of the inn. He saw tables with chairs propped upside down on them, the bar clean of alcohol spills and food morsels. He wondered if they still keep Stumpy's old brew behind the counter. He wondered where Garth and Belle are, and the new bouncer....what was her name?....he thought for a few seconds but never remembering. And what about his old friends? Are they still here? "Most likely" he thought to himself, the newly constructed inn attests to that.

He lead himself to a table by the corner, took down one chair and sat himself. He closed his eyes, another smile creeping over his face, a look of content shown in his whole demeanor. He was finally home and it sure feels nice.

V

Valiant Frost

He woke up ubruptly or rather a hard shake woke him up. His dream already fading from his memory like the morning mist. It had something to do with a dragon's child they had to save. No time to think, another shake shook his fatigued body, he almost threw up. "Not good" he thought. A woman of lithe body and a nice darkened skin was looking down at his unshaven face, his beard almost to his adam's apple.

"You are early. What business do you have here?" the woman said not trying to hide her tone of warning.

He tried to speak. His throat was as dry as sand and it hurt him as he managed to give out an almost inaudible phrase.

"I am sorry. I only seek the shelter of the inn, some food and something to quench my thirst."

"Like I said you are early. We don't open for another hour or so....if you promise to make no trouble then I will allow you to wait here until Garth and Belle arrives." the woman said in reply.

Asmile escaped his face as he soon realised who this beautiful woman was, it was the bouncer that started just a few weeks before...before he had to leave. That explained why she didn't recognize him, then again he doubted if any of his old friends could, perhaps after a bath and a shave.

"Thank you kind lady. Thank you indeed, may the Virtues bless you." he replied.

After he was left alone once more, his fingers found the little pouch tied to his belt. With dry, dirty fingers he managed to untie the knot and poured its contents on the table. A few gold and silver pieces fell, just enough for bread and wine, the cheap ones ofcourse. But with the little money he had something else came out of the little pouch. He took them in his hand, formed a fist around them, and whispered "seven." He made a throwing gesture, from his hand came dice that rolled on the table one showed five dots and the other two dots, seven. He smiled at an old gift from a young lad who once came in the same doors he had just opened full of enthusiasm and energy. He wondered how the lad was, he wished he was safe. He wondered of his elf friend and his frosty friend, or the beautiful thief, the ex-king, the ranger that was lost, found, and lost once more, and ofcourse the paladin, the protector of the inn.

"Soon, I hope. Soon." he muttered to himself as he waited.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC-Hi there Valient Frost. You looked lonely here so I thought I'd join ya here. Hope you don't mind if a Young Elf Kid Joins you outside as you wait for the Inn to open.

IC-Kysh walked downthe stairs into the tavern. It was empty. Kysh noticed that In hadn't opened for the day yet and the workers were busy getting ready to open. Kysh stepped outside but didn't see anyone, and not wanting to venture far from the Inn alone like he had the day before Kysh decided to sit by a nearby tree and do some thinking. Kysh noticed a man sitting near the entrance of the Inn playing with some dice but Kysh was lost quickly to his thought and didn't give the man much thought.

Kysh tried to remember everything that happened the day before. He had been attacked by men and during the attack he had been dragged through a moongate to a desert. Tristan Kar and some other men had rescued him but then the Shadow assassin attacked. It was one of the assassins that had killed his parents almost 2 weeks earliar and the seem bent on getting him too. The Assassin had used his ability to blind every one and then Kysh remembered doing something he didn't know he could.

Kysh had the ability to link his mind the the mind of animals which he did often. When ever he used the ability it made his eyes glow with green light. That, for Kysh at least, was normal, but the day before he had linked his mind with a nightmare that was on the other side of the world and some how transported the creture instantly to where he was. Never before could Kysh remember transporting a creture to him with his mind. Furthermore while the nightmare was preasent he found he couldn't move and his eyes glowed blue instead of green. Then there was the fact that as soon as he closed his link to the animal the nightmare vanished, back to where it had been before.

Kysh was confused. So many unanswered questions. As Kysh was thinking on these things he noticed something. His once green thights and shirt now matched his brown overshirt. Also one of the long sleeves on his overshirt was missing and all his cloths were horribly torn and slashed from all the fighting of the past week. He then remembered that he hadn't changed cloths since the day his parents were killed. Now this was a problem. He had no other cloths, in fact aside from his change rod, the wepon his father had given him, his hip pouch and his shoulder bag that held his pet slime Kysh had absolutly nothing in the world let alone money to buy cloths. He could get a job but who would hire a child. Well Kysh was sure he'd find something.

E

Elowan

(OOC:) Valient I don't seem to remember you, but you certainly remember me. You also seem to remember G'hella and Torr, which mean that you certainly are from the old days.

(IC:) Elowan woke up quite early in the morning. He sensed something, or someone, new to the inn. He got up and put on some clothes, carrying his bow and 2 arrows, as well as his dagger. Garth and Belle wouldn't get up for an hour or two, so Elowan figured he'd make himself his own breakfast. Sure enough, about 15 minutes later he was back at the inn with a dead rabbit over his shoulder, 1 arrow protruding from its chest. Elowan knew Garth and Belle trusted him, so he started a fire in the fireplace to warm things up a bit, but started another right outside the inn to cook the rabbit. The normal fire in the common room was for warmth and light, but only Quiby, Garth, and Belle were allowed in the kitchen. Elowan also took some cheese rations from his back, and soon he had a breakfast of a broiled rabbit melt. Once he had finished, he reentered the inn and saw a man. He looked strangely familiar, but Elowan coldn't quite place him...

T

Torr Jerlein

(OOC) I guess I am the only one that knows who Valient Frost is then.... I remember the dice. And Elowan, you will remember who he is, he was in the adventure thread on the top of the page. Think hard, try and remember who Xyon gave those gaming dice too. He hasn't been about for almost a year or more. (oh... and the pms he sent me telling me who he was has No bearing on the matter whatsoever. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif)

(IC) Torr came through the front door like a small whirlwind. Dust mites went swirling up into the air, and Tatyana, the bouncer looked up at him. Her tensed muscles relaxed as she recognized the man, and a small smile split her lips at his attempts to dance around the tables and chairs. He wore a black silk shirt, which was slightly opened at the neckline, showing off the taught muscles that most warriors had. His silk pants were a lighter shade of black, almost a midnight blue, and he wore black leather boots.

Torr nodded to Kysh as he sat in/near the Inn. He noticed the wonderful smell of cooked meat, and took note of Elowan, his pointed ears poking through his hair, taking small, delicate, very elven bites of a sandwhich. Smiling at the Ranger, Torr stopped in his tracks, staring at the bearded newcomer. He looked familiar, but he seemed older.

Titling his head to the side, Torr looked like a Dog trying to figure out a problem as he stared at the man. When the man tossed the dice again, muttering a number, Torr's memory sparked. He looked down at the Dice, noting with mild amusement the number was the same as the man had called while tossing them.

Torr stalked over, his feet pounding on the fresh wooden planks that made up the Inn's floor. The stranger looked wild eyed at the muscled man that stalked in at him. The stranger knew him, the bald head gave it away, but somehow Torr was different than he remembered. He seemed... more comical. More of a Joker, not the serious, straight to the point Paladin he remembered.

Torr stopped in front of the man, his hand snapped out, faster than the stranger remembered it being and hauled the large Warrior off the chair and into a spine crushing, breath ending Bear Hug. Torr hopped around on his feet, dangling the strangers feet off the floor with more strength than the stranger remembered. The man's face began to turn blue when Torr finally placed him back in his chair. Forgetting everyone else the room, Torr hunkered down with the stranger and they began to converese in quiet tones. "So," the stranger thought. "Torr is different, not who he was when I left."

G

o_OC like:
Well, I can see you don't need my amazing skill as a writer to continue. Okay…enough self-esteem boosts. You might not need me, but you are stuck with me! Muahaha! >>; << Alright. This is all nice and good and what not, say a few days past when we switched threads? All right, a few days it is o.o; I'm changing Kar's image a bit, I kinda got bored of the hero image, and Elowan was a Ranger first, so Kar is going to have an "awakening". I don't know how to explain the change, but I will find a way to do it. For the new pic of Kar, have a we' bi'y look 'ere http://www.giantsquidstudio.com/Fantasy/Elf.jpg PS…This Pic is the perfect example of an Elf assassin in my mind. I kind of gave him a Rover look, described in books by Terry Brooks (God love the man, everybody knows I do.) and others. By the way, if you compare the changes I make IC, to the pic, they are almost exactly alike, the only reference I didn't have, good of, was for the pant like material, but you get the idea.. I haven't figured out what class he will be either at the time. So stayed tuned folks and find out! Sorry for the long o.o;C post.

The IC like things:

Kar walked into the inn, his navy blue eyes moving over the others in the surrounding area. One might notice the immense difference in his looks. He had lost the cloak and basic Ranger outfit, which was replaced by light fitting, loose, white pants (Like Goku or Gohan might wear). His chest was covered with hard, leather looking armor that covered his chest and stomach as well as buckled to another of the same material shaped to fit his back which was midnight blue. Midnight blue sashes outlined his waist and one around his neck. The long blonde hair that was once braided down his back was now short and tidy. His Elven ears stood out easily with the short cut hair, showing the new, small looking earrings lining both his ears. Around his waist were new, small sheaths. One was sheathed in back with the opening to the right, so that he could grab the blade with his right hand and the other held tightly in front so that he could grab it with his right hand. The short bracers on his lower arms were midnight blue, lined in a deep gold on ridges and the ends.

Kar was uncertain of how the others might respond, but he wasn't about to change his new look for anybody. He was still the same, but he had been warped elsewhere when he walked through the moongate. He didn't know why he didn't end up at the Stag, but he just took it for the better like always and headed back to the Inn. On his way, he had only managed to come in trouble, stumbling upon a large Orc tribe on his way. He didn't know how he had gotten so far from the Inn, but he was eventually helped by a traveling caravan of Rovers.

They helped him, saved his life actually, because he had stood out like a beacon to the Orc senses for some odd reason. He was losing his touch as a Ranger, he wasn't able to hide his tracks and presence like he used to. The Rover men had helped him, but in return, he had to help them get through the Orc country. They were headed to Britain, and that was lucky, because he had to go through it in order to reach the Stag once more. He trained the men a little in the way of the sword as they traveled and in return, they gave him the insight of the Rovers and their way of life.

He parted ways, and with a completely new look to him. He had liked the way the Rovers lived, and over the few days he traveled with them he had become like them. They pierced his ears, gave him clothes and weapons, along with what seemed like hundreds of sashes, the midnight blue ones he liked. The sashes were the best way to identify a Rover, for they always wore them.

So here he was the new Kar in the pub once more. Many patrons looked at him, but that was nothing new, they looked at every newcomer to the Inn at any given time. Though their eyes seemed to linger on him a little more. Garth and Belle looked him up and down then went back to work, but Tatyana's eyes stayed on him, a piercing gaze. With a slight smile to her, he walked over to Torr and sat down, watching him a moment as Torr's eyebrow arched slightly.

"Is the young Elf alright?" He asked, through a satisfied smile.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Ok metal let's try something. I promise it won't hurt."

Kysh was sitting on the grass outside the Inn, Metal was a few yards away. Kysh's eyes were glowing green as he focused on the slime's mind. Kysh giggled a little as he felt Metal's doubt at Kysh's promise. He then focused more on the slime's mind nd began to pull at it with his own mind, trying to move it. Instantly Kysh's eyes changed from glowing green to glowing blue and Kysh found that like when he summoned the nightmare he could no longer move his body. Mean while a small mist formed around Metal and the slime dissappeared only to reappear a few yards to Kysh's right in another small cloud of mist, exactly where Kysh had planned it. Kysh left Metal there a minute or two then released metal's mind. Another cloud of mist enveloped Metal and then he reappeared in a second cloud back where he had started as Kysh's eyes returned to glowing green and then back to normal as he completly shut down his mental connection.

"It worked," Kysh exclaimed as he laid back on the grass. He noticed he was breathing hard and was sweating. Another down side to the new skill he had learned, not only could he not move when he transported animals it also took alot of energy.

Kysh decided to go look for some of the men who had come to his aid when he was attacked a day or two earlier (Kysh wasn't sure how many days he was out). He hadn't had the chance to thank any of them for saving him. Pluse he wondered if maybe they could help him get some kind of job so he could buy some new clothes. Kysh didn't like looking like a street orphen... even though come to think of it..... that's pretty much what he was now. He had nothing, his parents were gone and Kysh had had to grow up in just a few days.

Kysh finnally sighted a group of four men, two of whom he recognized as people who had helped him. He walked over to them, Metal Oozing along at his heels, and stopped a few feet away from them. He had been taught not to interrupt adults as they talked, but as he got a better look at one of the other men he momentarally forgot his manners in a way only a child can get away with, "Kar? What happened to you?" Kysh then turned red when he realized how rude that sounded.

V

Valiant Frost

saw the elf come in, a rabbit on his shoulder, a dead one ofcourse. He smelled the morning on elf. With the elf came the scent of the morning air, light and wonderful to the senses. He knotted his forehead. Surely he knew the elf...Elowan....ofcourse it was his good friend Elowan. The elf threw him a glance but turned around again not more than a second or two. "He does not recognize me" he thought to himself. He looked at his dirty, worn-down garb and knew imediately why his friend of old did not recognize him.

Just as he was about to stand up to offer the elf, who was now busy turning the rabbit into breakfast, the inn doors burst open with a loud clap. In come a man of tall stature and masculine built which was enhanced by the beautiful silk clothes he wore. His heart leapt once more at the sight of this man....another man he once called friend...no...a man he still calls friend.

Before he can even offer a greeting or even a smile at a friend he hasn't seen for what seems like ages, he found himself gasping for air as he was lifted off his feet in a tight bear hug, a hug he thought even Torr could not give strong as he was. It was the same face, the same bald head. It was Torr, he was sure of it, as sure as he was that the elf is Elowan. But somehow Torr looked different as well, perhaps the way he entered the inn or this incredibly choking hug he is giving him....something.....

He was at the brink of passing out when Torr released him. Fighting for air, he sat down, his knees having lost all energy. All is well, he though. Elowan and Torr are still here and there was a young elf in the inn, an unfamiliar face. The old times are seeming to come back.

G

Kar laughed a little and smiled to Kysh, laying a hand on his head. He ruffled his hair then took it away and it dropped to his side again.

"Ooh, I came out somewhere north of here and ended up in the middle of Orc land. Some Rovers helped me and I kinda...took to them." Kar shrugged, and only smiled. He turned around and then back, "Well, what do you think?" He was glad to be back where he knew people, though he sort of missed the Rover caravan.

T

Torr Jerlein

Torr stood as Kar came over, and then Kysh approached them, his high pitched childlike voice pipping up in the inn. Torr blushed as he remembered his manners and stood, dragging Von to his feet. His voice booming in the unusually quiet Inn, Torr spoke up.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you a strong a powerful Warrior of the lands of Sosaria. It has been nearly a year since he presented his face to us, this is Von Fanel. An adventurer of old times here." Torr looked at about, spotting the dirty elven lad, he ruffled the childs hair with his hand, a smile beaming on his face. Most had not seen Torr smile this broadly in ages, perhaps the return of an old friend caused it.

"Von, this is the new gang," Torr stated, waving his arm in a wide gesture to take in the few patrons inside. "There are a few others, but it appears they have yet to awaken. Sadly, I have not heard from Garrett nor Ghella in months. I wish them well in their endeavors, and pray they are safe."

"What happened to you?" Torr stated to Von, looking at the man's beard and dusty, well travel worn clothes. "Tell me about your adventures over the past months, it had been too long and we need to catch up." Turning about, Torr bellowed, "Belle! Ale for everyone!" He tossed a pouch to Garth, the sound of dozens of coins jingling inside as it tumbled in the air. It landed with a solid thump on the bar, before Garth's towel covered hand as he wiped down the bar. Scooping the pouch up and dumping in his special coin spot behind the bar, he began to pour mugs of ale and all other manner of drink for those that didn't drink the ale. Belle passed out the mugs and glasses.

Torr took a large mug, Ale sloshing over the side and down his arm as he raised it up in the air. "To the return of Von Fanel!" He bellowed, and downed the mug in one swallow.

E

Elowan

(OOC:) Welcome back Von, now that I know who you are we'll have lots of fun...
But Karadur, I got a bone to pick with yer picture
1) That picture stole my hairstyle! That is the one I wear in RL and Elowan wears. And it looks nearly exactly like I pictured Elowan's hair too look like!
2) Damn that elf's beefy!
Nice redisign, though it looks like you're going warrior mode. Try some wacky presteige class if you play D&D, look it up there. A spellsword would be my reccomendation. Have fun with it though, and you damn right I'm the first Ranger here!

(IC:) Elowan looked aghast up at Torr and the man he called Von Fanel. Elowan remembered the old Von Fanel, and the image began to take shape. Floods of memories of the adventures they shared assaulted him...The undead in Caina, the Trinsic battles, the time when Xyon turned evil...All of it came back now. Elowan stood up and walked over to Von, and at first went to shake hands with some dignity, but ended up hugging him, showing much more strength than his slender elven form was thought to have. He released his hold and smiled at Von, and as an ale mug was slid down the bar, Elowan reached out and grabbed it, toasting to Von,
"Welcome back."

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kysh looked Kar up and down, "You look fine... hey, when we're somewhere where there isn't so many people I want to show you a new trick I learned."

Kysh noticed at his last words Metal began to move toward the door of the Inn, "Metal.... get back over here, if you really dislike the trick I'll find a different animal to show the trick with." At the mention of a different animal the slime quickly came back over to Kysh and started to vibrate angrily.

Kysh giggled at the slime and then finnally remembered why he had come into the Inn. Looking at Kar, Torr and Elowan, Kysh said, "Sirs, if I may I'd like to thank you for helping me the other day when I was attacked."

T

Torr Jerlein

"Twas my pleasure son." Torr stated, ruffling the lad's hair again. Noting the dirt on the boys clothes, Torr kneeled down, so his eyes looked into the young elven boys eyes. Producing a pouch jingling with coins, Torr handed it over. "One of your stature should be more presentable, don't you think?"

V

Valiant Frost

He fought back tears as Elowan gave him a mighty hug. Yes, this was the same person that he went to save the dragon's child with...no question about it, it was his friend Elowan. When he came in the inn a few minutes ago he never thought he would feel more at home, he was wrong.

"Aye, indeed it has been much too long" he replied to Torr's query of his whereabouts since last they saw him. "There is much to say and much to do, but let this poor soul enjoy this moment a little longer. I am glad to see new faces in the stag, I am sure we will have more stories to tell and even more to make as we go along." He smiled at that last line, a twinkle in his eye, very brief, but it was there, make no mistake. His heart gladened at the thought of future travels he will have with these people. An aching in his heart suddenly loomed over his jovial spirit, he cleched his cup and almost spilled the warm wine it held. Nevertheless, he kept his smile. "May the Virtues keep me a little longer. Please hear your servant's plea." he offered a silent prayer as he raised his cup.

"A toast! To the stag...and the people that make it our home...past, present, and future!"

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kysh looked at the bag a moment, "I... ummm..... wow thank you.... I.... I'll find some way to pay you back."

Kysh then looked at Metal with a broad smile on his face., "Come on Metal race you to the talior shop," and with that he darted away, the slime following close behind trying to keep up.

G

Kar smiled, he was glad that the Inn was in high spirits and that the others found an old friend. He was raising his glass for the toast when Kysh took off to the tailor, and seeing as how he didn't know anybody here that well, he followed. With a smile to Quiby, who had collected his glass, he headed out the door, his navy blue sashes blowing slightly in the breeze.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The owner of the talior shop wouldn't let Metal in so Kysh told the slime to wait out side. Was was just trying on a brown shirt and pants with a green cloke when he noticed Kar had followed him. Kysh gave him a big smile and asked, "What do you think? Brown and green are my faviorite colors.... the colors of the forest. Plus the cloke has a inside pocket just right for my change rod."

G

Kar only smiled and nodded, "Beautiful colors young one." He walked into the shop, careful not to step on Metal. He pulled out a blue suit and looked it over, one eyebrow arching slightly at the new age look of things. He shook his head and looked back at Kysh.

"So you're alright I take it? No scratches, bruises?" He glanced at his own armor and sashes then back to him.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IC-"Yes I'm fine," Kysh responed. The last attack, Kysh had made it with out injury, and the injurys from his fight with the first Shadow Assassin had healed, in fact he had removed the bandages on his arm that same morning.

Kysh paid for the new cloths and turned to Karadur, "What to see the new trick I learned?"

OOC-as far as starting an adventure I was wondering if any had any planed. I have an adventure planned but it is a pretty long one (About 3 or 4 threads probly) so if some one has one they'd like to do first I'm all set. If no one has one they'd like to start, if you'd like I could start mine up. Let me know one way or the other.

G

Karadur nodded and walked out of the shop with Kysh next to him. He looked down as his stomach grumbled from lack of food and hushed it mentally. He looked back at Kysh and pinched at the clothing, lifting it a little then dropped it.

"The spitting image of a Ranger, all you need is a sword." With a smile, Kar led them into the woods and looked around so that no others were near then back to Kysh.

"Now, nobody is around but me and the slime-" He got a little gurgle of anger from Metal and looked at it, "-Well, I don't know your name, so shush." He looked back at Kysh, "Want to tell me you beautiful assistant's name?" He asked with a slight grin.

o.oC:
Ya, I'm ready for an adventure, I working on one in my head, trying to find something I. So, when you're ready, lead the way. Full speed ahead and watch out for the horse's underwear![/i]

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kysh Giggled a bit at Kar's words, "His name is Metal. When I first found him he was trying to eat a Metal sword, So I named him Metal. Now here is a trick I learned the other day when I was attacked. It would seem I can do it with any animal that allows me too."

Kysh looked at Metal as his eyes flashed first green and then turned blue. Mean while two small clouds of mist appeared, one around Metal and another about 20 yards away. Metal dissappered in the mist only to reapper in the second cloud as both clouds cleared. Kysh himself became very still as this happened, his eyes glowing blue the whole time.

After a few moments passed the two clouds of mist appeared again. Once again Metal dissappered in one only to reapper in the other in the exact position that he had originally started. As Metal reappered Kysh's eyes stopped glowing and went back to normal. Kysh blinked a couple time and, breathing heavily, smiled at Kar, "I can bring the creature from a distance but it makes me very tired to hold it in the area I want it to be. The bad thing is, when I just talk mind to mind with an animal I can move around but when I use my mind to move it I can't move at all... like I'm frozen.... But it's a neat trick isn't it?"

(Back at the Inn)

A man entered the Inn as the celabration continued. He was dressed in Studded Learther Armor dyed a light blue and wore a White cape. Sheathed at his side was a sword with the symbol of compassion emblazoned on it's handle. He smiled as he took a moment to look at joy on the faces of the people there. Then He looked at a group of men and bowing his head to them said, " Good morning sirs, My name is Neph. Please excuse me in asking a question but I'm searching for a young elf by the name of Kysh. Would any of you by chance know where I might find him?"

G

Kar chuckled a little, in the amusement of Kysh's excitement. Obviously, he was very proud of his new skill, even more so that he had shown it off. Karadur looked at Metal, the slime seemed to be nautious or something for it was moving back and forth like a drunkard swaying.

"Metal looks like he doesn't feel well." Kar said looking back to Kysh, "Unless he is just bored and can't decide which way to run off to." He walked over to Kysh and laid a hand on his shoulder, the youth looking a little weary himself.

"You alright?" He asked as he slowly turned the boy back towards the trail to the Inn, "Shall we go eat something at the Stag? I'm famished." With that, Kar started walking, but slowly beside Kysh so that he wouldn't have to worry about the Elf becoming more tired and pass out.

T

Torr Jerlein

Torr's chair scraped across the wooden floor as he stood at the mention of the Elf child's name.

"What do you want with the boy?" Torr stated gruffly, he stood tall, his shoulders squared. Ever since the boy's arrival, he had been attacked multiple times, perhaps another attack was coming.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neph felt the tension in the room increase with the mention of the boys name. That ment they knew of him but by their faces it would seem there had been trouble.

"By your eyes I see that there has been trouble with him. Tell me is the boy alright? I am the Knight of Compassion from the Kingdom of which the boy is from I've been sent protect and escort the boy home."

Neph decided not mention the fact that Kysh was to be crowned King upon his return. Neph didn't kow these people and didn't entirely trust them.

E

Elowan

"The boy is being cared for. He is fine, and has lately shown us some very impressive talants of his. He is safe in our hands, but may I ask why he needs to go to his...home?" asked Elowan.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neph studied the man and the elf that had spoken to him. He'd decided he'd have to trust them, "The boy is very important to the people of our Kingdom. Our kingdom is at war and the child is of royle birth. We thought the boy and his parents would be safe out in the wild, his father being a great warrior, but it would seem the enemy found a way to get to them. If the boy has been attacked here before then he is in great danger here. Also with the boys father dead and the King also dying mystiously back home our kingdom is in trouble. Only Kysh can keep our people united to stand up to our enemy."

T

Torr Jerlein

Looking the man up and down, Torr noted the lack of the pointed ears inherent in all elves. And being as Elves typically did not allow many humans in their homelands, found it quiet strange this human was looking for the Elf child. Not fully trusting the man, Torr spoke up.

"If what you say is true Knight, then the boy will be escorted to his home by us, his friends. We have saved him twice already, and I think he would be more comfortable journeying with us, his known companions, than a stranger claiming to be from his homeland. A human no less."

With that, Torr stood and headed for his room, to gather his traveleing items and equipment for the upcoming journey.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neph thought many thing to him self as the man walked up to the room. He wondered why he had been assigned this task when the other elvish knights would've been better suited. He thought about what the man had said about having the boy twice. If that was true then these people could be likely trusted. At the same time if he had been attacked twice then it was certain they were being watched and their movments would be noticed.

He was just about to leave to go look for the boy when Kysh and Karadur entered the room. Kysh stared at Neph a second with a look of surprise, Neph doing the same. Kysh broke the silance, "Who are you... you dress exactly like my father did. With the same symbol on is armor," Kysh said refering to a symbol of a red eye on his otherwise blue studded leather armor.

Neph kelt before Kysh and bowed his head, "Yes, your father was also a knight of the kingdom of Middoni. Also he was brother to the King of Middoni. I have been sent by our kingdom to protect you and bring you back. You have many questions I'm sure and they can all be answered there."

Neph looked up to look at the boy. Kysh just stared at him in utter shock, then looked Karadur , Elowan and the others in the room as if he didn't know for sure what to say.

V

Valiant Frost

He did not need to be in the inn for long for the next adventure to come. His heart already began its loud thumping, his mind already a race of thoughts, he was excited, and though his body would say otherwise, he was ready.

"Perhaps we can set out tomorow morn. It is far too sudden to just up and leave and I assume it will be quite a ways from this place. This will give some of us, refering ofcourse to himself, time to ready ourselves, sharpen our blades and what not." he looked around for their approval.

OOC: I'll try to be active for this adventure, just pardon my absence now and then, RL has a tendency to keep me occupied now and then.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most spent the day preparing to leave the next day. Kysh , only spent a short time collecting small stones and then cutting nitches in them and refilling his hip pouch with them. Kysh change rod could change into a bow that could charge the stones with magical energies which he could focus to fire at one enemy or he could divide the power to fire at multiple enemies. However he fired it the magic beams of light that the stones turned into never missed their marks. The rest of the day was spent asking Neph about the kingdom the war and about Kysh's parents.

Neph explained that the kingdom was a hidden kingdom of Ilshenar not known to the people of Britannia. Shortly after Kysh's parents left the kingdom so that they could train and raise Kysh with out distractions, the kingdom was attacked by the demonic hordes of Ilshenar. The only thing at the moment that was keeping the kingdom from being destroyed was the fact that Their enemys didn't know how to find their hidden cities.

He also explained at Kysh's insistance that most of the people of the kingdom were elfish , but from time to time humans were lead to the kingdom and they and their anscestors lived there also althrough a minority. When Kysh asked what he ment by lead there Neph just told him that it would be explained upon reaching the capital.

The next day the group set off. It wasn't far to the moongate. When they arrived Neph dicided to give them a warning, " I am almost sure we are being watched and the entrances of Ilshenar are being watched. I am almost certain that there is an ambush waiting for us. If that is the case there is an ambush waiting for them by our allies. Sould we fall under attack stay close to each other and stay on the defensive. Any ideas on the best way enter?"

OOC- I'm going to not number or name all the members of the group at any time during the adventure so that any one who has been away from the boards for a few days can say , if they want , that they were presant the whole time. That way no one feels they missed the train or anything.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neph and a couple others went in first and took defensive postions around the moongate at the shrine of spitrituality.. No sooner then Kysh appear through the gate then a group of about twenty imps appeared. The imps first spells were directed at Kysh but Neph had pointed his sward of compassion at the boy and a barrier had appeared around him blocking the spells. Neph shouted to the others, "Just hold them for a little bit. There should be help here shortly!!"

T

Torr Jerlein

Torr thrust his spear forward, the metal head piercing an Imp's heart as it screamed and toppled over.

Ripping the weapon back to him, Torr used the long shaft to block an Imp's slicing claws, then smacked the small creature with the butt of his weapon, sending it tumbling head over feet in the grass.

Soon, the members of the advance party were surrounded by several Imp's, some flying on their batlike wings, others walking on their bowed legs. And the fight was on.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The imps continued to press forward focusing their attack on Kysh, but Neph kept his protective barrier around Kysh despite reciving a few wounds himself. The others memebers of the party continued the fight, and not more then a minute or two after the attack began the imps fell under attack them selves. The battle filled with small flying blurs that attacked the imps with strong magic. The imps panicked and begin to scatter but none were able to escape.

As the last of the imps were being delt with on of the blurs stopped near Neph revealing it's self to be a fairy. Everyone listened as the fariy began talking to Neph in it musical language, and Neph responed in his own, " thank you for your help," Neph said, "Have you sucured this area? None are around that could find the entrance to the hidden city?"

The fairy sang and affirmative answer, so Neph turned to the other members of the group, "I will open the secreat passageway to the city but I must make you promise you will never reveal the way to our city. If the evil forces of this land found out we would be wiped out. Do I have that promise from you?"

OOC- Sry I've been so slow with this. First finals then the holiday season had me pretty busy.

E

Elowan

(OOC:) Aye, the foul midterms are upon me too! Keep a stout heart within you, The Two Towers is out! The news of that alone would bring the dead to life!

(IC:) Elowan and Aravel were both finishing off their share of the Imps, but then the fairy showed. It began chittering in a strange toungue that resembled the speech of the Sylvan elves, and Elowan knew a bit of that language along with his native high elf toungue. The fairy then flew away gracefully, and Neph turned to the others in the group, asking them not to reveal the whereabouts of the secret city. Eager to see the city and unwilling to betray anything to evil forces, Elowan and Aravel took out their daggers and pricked their right index finger with them, letting a drop of blood fall to the ground. In unison they said,
"On our blood we swear to you," and let a drop fall to the ground. A promise like that is sacred to rangers, and to break that meant severing the connection they had with nature. If that promise was broken, then nature rejected them. Neph nodded at their promise and awaited the others'.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neph accepted the promises of the party members. He walked over to the ankh, held out his sword in frount of him point down, and bowed his head. As his sword began to glow the mountain cliff near by opened revealing a cavern, " enter quickly for it will close in a moment."

As the entered the cavern Neph explained, " The hidden city is through this cavern. It is in a vally sorrounded on all sides by mountains. A powerful spell keeps it from being seen from above and it has been hidden many thousands of years. We are going to the capital but there are nine such cities scattered around Ilshinar."

Neph continued but was soon interupted by a voice, "Well, well it's about time you got here."

Every one looked to where the voice came and in the light of the torches could be seen a man stepping out from the shadow of a large rock. He was dressed in black and immediatly Neph shouted, "Who are you, and how did you get in here."

His answer came from Kysh as he tried to lunge at the man yelling, "That's Gad!! He's the one of the one's that killed my parents."

Neph held the boy back as Gad continued, "If I had wanted to I could have taken away your sight and killed you all befare you knew what happened. You live only becaues of the respect I've developed for this young boy. He's managed to slay both of my apprentices. He has shown great skill and resoursefulness. I'm curious to see if his skills match my own. I would like to propose a dual. I'll refrain from stealing your sight if you refrain from summoning any of your pets to help you. My sword against your change rod."

With that Gad pulled his sword out. It was a dark blade with the symbol of chaos on it. Neph gasped when he saw it.

"What do you say. If the answer is know then I'll just dissapear and kill you at another time. What do you say do you accept?"

OOC- you are all free to respond to Gad as you choose. I only ask that no one kills him. he will be needed later in the plotline.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"let me fight him!" Kysh yelled trying to free himself from Neph's grasp.

"No sire! He is laying a trap you mustn't," Neph answered trying his best to hold onto the boy.

"The boy has made his decision. Let us begin," Gad said calmly and stepped into the shadow and dissappered. At almost the same tiem as Gad dissappered Kysh and Neph heard a sound behind them. Neph turned in time to se the flash of a dagger and fell releasing Kysh.

Kysh had barely enough time to take out his change rod and turn it to his double bladed staff before Gad was on him with both his sword in one hand and a dagger in the other. From what Kysh saw of Neph , who didn't seem to be injured to badly, the dagger had been heavily posioned. Kysh hoped that he would get to a cure potion quickly. Kysh was surprised to find that Gad's speed was equal to his own, which took any advantage Kysh had away, for Gad fought with superior strength. Kysh was rapidly forced backwards as he dodged and tried to reflect the lightning fast strikes from Gad.

Kysh knew with the pace he was being forced back it would take many seconds for anyone to catch up to help his, each of which was an eternity in the fast paced battle he was in. Also he knew that due to their speed that arrows were as much a danger to himself as to Gad. So all he had to do was dodge and fend off the two blades until someone caught up to them.

At that moment Kysh ran out of space to back into. He had been froced into a wall. He knew that he couldn't last long against Gad's speed and strength pinned to a wall, so after dodging Gad's sword he planted his staff in the ground and while pushing down on the staff jumped up continuing to push him self up with the rod. As he reached his highest point he planted both feet on the cave wall and pushed off it sending him into a frount flip right over Gad's head. Gad seemed to be taken by surprise by his move so as soon as he landed Kysh twisted him self around and sent the blade of his staff where Gad had been when he jumped over him.... but Gad was no longer there, Kysh's blade just dug into the wall, Gad had vanished.

It only took Kysh a half a second to realize that Gad had used the same ability that he had used on Neph. His ability to move instantly from one shadow to another. Kysh turned around but too late he saw a flash of a blade and suddenly thrown aganst the cave wall again this time with a burning pain coming from his shoulder not much above his heart. He felt the intense pain quickly flow throughout his body as he looked at the dagger sticking in his body. Gad, still holding the dagger leaned forward and whispered, "So boy, how does it feel to die from the same blade that killed your parents?"

The answer Gad recived was nothing like he expected. Kysh's eyes exploded with a bright red glow and Kysh pushed Gad away from him with strength that was beyond any child Kysh's size. Gad stood up quickly and looked at the elvish boy in wonder, the boy had seemed to have grown in size plainly manifested by the fact that his cloths were looked too small and were torn at the seams in many places, yet more surprising was the wound that Kysh had recived had seemed to dissappered and the posion from the dagger no longer seemed to be affecting him.

Kysh stepped up to Gad now, the glow from his eyes dispelling the darkness of the cave. He spoke saying, "Now Gad let's try this again."

OOC- And so Kysh's third and final power is revealed.

E

Elowan

Elowan and Aravel both drew their swords when Neph fell, ready to engage Gad at any moment should Kysh lose the duel. Evidently it was a duel, and both Elowan and Aravel knew that they would not enter unless Kysh wanted or needed it, or he failed. The moment that Kysh died Gad would have two more opponents. Seeing that they would not interfere in the fight yet, Aravel set to work on countering the poison in Neph while Elowan kept his bow nocked and aimed directly at Gad, wherever he went.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kysh rushed at Gad and attacked.Kysh was both stronger and a little fster now and Gad felt himself being forced back now. Gad had droped his dagger when he was shoved back by Kysh, now all he had was his sword. Gad blocked and doged Kysh's blows as fast as he could and could barely keep up. Gad was forced onto a darker part of the cavern. Gad wanted to dissapear into the shadow and sneak up behind Kysh again but those glowing eyes where fixed on him and gave him no shadows to fade into, yet as he was forced back he saw a dark corner that was shielded from the glow of Kysh's eyes by a large rock. Gad jumped in the area and dissapeared be for Kysh could look in there and dispel the darkness, for when Gad entered the shadow it wasn't to hide or move stealthly like most but using the power of dark sword he could dissapear completly and reappear any where else there was a shadow instantly. Gad resolved to appear behind the boy and take advantage of the moment it would take Kysh to find him again to finish the boy off. Yet as soon as he appeared Gad saw a flash of metal and pain on his right shoulder. Kysh had reacted faster then he had thought possible, Gad watched his sword along with his whole right arm fall to the ground. Kysh had guessed Gad's move and using one the blades on the end of his staff, had cut of Gad's sword arm.

Gad fel to his knees with a groan of pain and clutching his shoulder where his are had been said, " Well what are you waiting for? Finish me quickly."

Kysh's eyes dimmed slightly as he returned to his normal size, " No, if I killed you now when you're defenceless I'd be no better then you," Kysh replied coldly.

Gad stared at him for a moment then, grabbing his sword with his left hand rolled again into the shadow and dissapeared, only this time where he went was completly unknown.

Kysh stood silently there for a moment and then his double bladed staff tuned back into his change rod and his eyes returned to normal... and as his eyes returned to normal extrem pain shot out of his shoulder where he had been stabed, the wound had reappeared and once again the deadly posion began spreading through his body, sucking out his life with each second.

T

TristanKnight

All the while, as everything else went on, Tristan's room stayed the same. As he slept, dreams of adventurers long gone came into his mind. He didn't know about what was going on, he was unaware of the possible losses he might incur - however it had been days since he had slept, now it seemed he was catching up on it...

G

With a quick and agile foot, Kar had slipped through the entrance before it had closed, though he hid in the shadows now. He didn't wish to be seen and for what he had gathered, he had not been. He whispered small prayers for Neph and even more prayers for Kysh. He wished to help to an extreme, but he kept himself at bay, holding back his emotions to run to the boy and give him the potion that would make the pain go away.

I musn't give away my place yet. I will follow them further and when the time is right, show myself. With a slight nod to himself, the assassin looking Elf with the kind navy blue eyes left the hiding place and moved farther along the wall to explore while he waited.

T

TristanKnight

Tristan dreamed... His head filled with thoughts and visions - then it came to him; an image of an undiscovered land - an image of a void companied by a breaking mass of land. Malas was calling to him...

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neph tried to get up. One of the elves helped him get to his cure potion and watched Kysh fight as he mended his wounds. When Kysh fell after defeating Gad and began to shudder once more from the affects of posion, no one could hold Neph back. Despite the pain in his own wound Neph ran to Kysh's side and drew his sword. The Symbol of compassion on Neph's sword glowed as he held it over the elfish boy. Kysh stopped convulsing and relaxed into a peaceful sleep. As Neph continued to hold the sword over the boy the rest of Kysh's wounds began to mend. Feeling pain in his own wounds Neph wished that he could use the sword to heal him self, but alas the sword of compassion has sole purpose to render aid to others.... not it's wielder.

Neph noticed the others had gathered around. "He will be fine. I fear he is exhusted however and will sleep for a while yet. Could one of you carry him? For I have not the strength. The city is not far from here."

G

Kar moved from the shadows now, unable to help himself any longer. He wanted to help, and seeing as none of the others were moving too quickly for anything he stepped from the shadows. His armor glinted in the little light there was as he made his way to Neph.

"I gotcha' bud." He stood there a moment, letting Neph see he wasn't an enemy before moving to put his left hand on Neph's right shoulder to steady him, extending his right hand to him, "Thanks for healing Kysh. I'm Karadur."

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Kysh slept the thoughts and senses of the animals of Ilshinar came to him. He could see a forest, inhabited by bears, unicorns and fairies. Yet above the forest , the skies began to fill with flying cretures. Hundreds upon hundreds of imps accompianied by a large number of deamons. Behind those could be seen a group of female demons... succubi, and last a terror that could only be a balron. The flew south west towards the mountains.

While Kysh saw these things in his sleep. The party that he was traveling with left the cave and entered a narrow valley surrounded on all sides by mountains. In the back of the vallay nestled against a mountain cliff stood a city. In fround of the city were high defensive walls that had never seen use in battle. Many roof tops could be seen behind the walls but the only large building s that could be seen was what looked like a temple not far behind the walls, and a castle at the back of the city. between the party and the gates was a large grassy meadow with a few trees growing in different places. It appeared to be like a large park. As they aprroched the city Kysh began to awake. Stirring a little he glanced around and asked, "Where am I."

T

Torr Jerlein

As if waking himself from some deep slumber, Torr shook his bald head and smiled at the Elf child. "That is your city, I think." Torr nodded towards the distant rooftops before continuing, "After you severed Gad's swordarm, he disappeared and you reverted to your... compact size. Then fell unconcious and Kar offered to help carry you."

T

TristanKnight

Tristan awoke. These strange dreams... What of this new land? Ilshenar was discovered not too long ago and he had never really ventured into it... Shaking it all off, Tristan went to cleaning himself up. After dressing, he gave message to summon the Baron Apros, for a special order. Tristan figured with the traveling distance from here to Haven it would be two days at least before he came, and that would be if he left immediately.

Lord Kishkuman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The party entered the city gates. There were only two guards on the wall adn recognizing Neph allowed the party to enter. Neph led the party to the large temple that was near the city wall. Most of the people they passed were elves with an occaswional human among them.

The party entered temple and Neph led them through the hallways to a conference room. There was a conference in progress but Neph entered into the room anyway and motioned the rest to follow. In the back of the room was a a conference table with chairs around the table. The far side of the table, facing the entrance, were eight chairs each with a different symbol of virture on it. Each chair was occupied by an elf save one chair, the chair with the symbol of compassion on it. Across from these people, with their backs to the entrance, noticbly sat three other beings. One was a very large Gargoyle, another was a meer eternal, and the third was a winged Etheral Warrior.

The elf sitting in the chair with the symbol of Spirituality on it stood as the party entered and smiled as he said, "Welcome friends, to the city of Mantis," then noticing Neph's bandaged wounds asked soberly, "You have had trouble?"

"Yes we did," Neph answered and went on to describe the incedent with Gad. Also when Neph had finished Kysh remembered the dream he had had iwhile unconsious of the large army of demons moving.

The older elf smiled kindly at Kysh as the boy finished his description, "My Dear boy. Most of us in this room knew your parents and were grived to hear of their deaths. I have mush to tell and explain to you but this matter of the army of demons must be addressed. This army is from the blood dungeon but they are under the control of a necromancer from the Ankh dungeon. For centries our eight cities have been spared becaues our enemies couldn't find them. Now it would seem the have found us."

The Meer eternal spoke at this time to the older elf, " Lemas, your people watched over and protected the meer while they slept. If this army attacks you can trust the Meer to come to your aid."

Lemas smiled at the Meer, "I give thanks to to good of the Meer but I must refuse the offer. The Juka will no doubt take this opportunity to attack the Meer aqnd your people must be ready. The same goes for the people of the Gargoyle city. Nither of your peoples are in a position to help us with out endangering your own people."

The Ethreal warrior took his cue, "I will return to my people and see what I can get. I can't promise much. You know how my people are about dealing with others."

"Thank you," Lemas said as the Ethreal Stood and left the room pauseing only long enough to Take Kysh's hand for a second and say, "It is good to meet you Kysh. Your father once saved my life. I hope to be able to return that kindness to him through you someday."

After the ethreal warrior left Lamas continued, "The demon army should be here in two or three days. Against the level of cretures we will face I truly do not know if we can with stand them," and looking to the companions of Kysh and Neph added, " I thank you sirs your your help. It will not be safe here for long so unless you wish to get caught up in this war I suggest you not terry here."

G

Kar looked around slowly to the others, then back to Kysh. He watched him a moment, trouble in his navy blue eyes, though he hid it well. He walked over to Kysh and laid a hand on his shoulder.

"Anything Kysh is having trouble with, I'm there by his side whether he likes it or not."

With that Kar looked to Lemas. "Please forgive, I don't mean to be rude, but may I be directed to the nearest room where I may have some privacy?"

He looked to Neph and Kysh, a little smile pulling at the edge of his lips while his hand brushed across the blade and sheath on the front of his waist.

T

Torr Jerlein

Torr's eyes shone brightly as he spoke, "I stay too, to assisst in the battle. I have fought many a war, and recently with Demons. My help is needed here more than elsewhere."

T

TristanKnight

A few days past, Tristan waited for the Baron Apros. Early morn on the third day since he sent the summons a knock was on his door;

"It is open."

<font color=8B0000>"You have summoned me sir? How can I assist you?"</font color=8B0000>

"I need armor, very light, but sturdy."

<font color=8B0000>"At once sir, you'll have a suit by sundown."</font color=8B0000>

"You are always there when I need you Apros, thank you."

<font color=8B0000>"Anything for you sir."</font color=8B0000>

That night, wearing a suit of armor crafted by the Baron Apros, Tristan left the inn - not before warning Quiby to stay out of trouble until he got back. He wasn't sure where his path was taking him, but he was being called there...