• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

90 Day stuff - M&G 02/08/16

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I don't really get it, what the issue is here. If the issue is, that during the 90 days, the house can be used by friends, co-owners & for vendoring, then why is everyone talking about having those 90 days cut down to less days or not?
There seems to be a much more simple solution to that: If the owner suspends the account make the house completely unusable for friends, co-owners, etc... Disable vendors as well. Chars logged out inside the house will get ejected upon loggin in. 90 days can stay. Problem solved...
Did I miss anything?
I would be down for that but are the houses usable right now on suspended accounts?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's the whole point. Place a castle for storage, pay once every 90 days....Only thing you have to be sure of is that the owner chars dont place or lock down anything, gotta let the paid accounts do that :p

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wish there would be a response like this for all the real cheating that goes on in game everyday lol.
this is not a complaint but I have noticed: on the shard I'm play, population is small but there are rarely castle spots/idocs. there are some with a lot of accounts with many castles. it seems to be hard to get one with so many castles owned by so few when they can pay once every 90s days. I don't really care except there are no castle idocs lol. this is not a priority to me but maybe for others.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I really do think that the building should become inaccessible both logging and vendors. That part there, to have a building and have profitable vendors that another account can access is a bad idea

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really do think that the building should become inaccessible both logging and vendors. That part there, to have a building and have profitable vendors that another account can access is a bad idea
Locking the Coowners out of the house is effectively the same as doing away with the 90 day grace period. The entire point of these extra accounts is having the houses to use with the main accounts. If you take that away then the reason for even keeping these extra accounts goes away. Making ANY changes to the game (like the IDOC ones a year ago) that results in less accounts seems like a bad idea for UO.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Locking the Coowners out of the house is effectively the same as doing away with the 90 day grace period. The entire point of these extra accounts is having the houses to use with the main accounts. If you take that away then the reason for even keeping these extra accounts goes away. Making ANY changes to the game (like the IDOC ones a year ago) that results in less accounts seems like a bad idea for UO.
Problem is thats not why it was put at 90 days. The then new idoc changes caused so much havoc they had to do something. I dont believe they should remove the 90 days however a lockout period would be tough to argue against. Personally I think the devs have bigger fish to fry but wouldnt argue with the decision if they made it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Locking the Coowners out of the house is effectively the same as doing away with the 90 day grace period. The entire point of these extra accounts is having the houses to use with the main accounts.
That's not necessarily true, I don't use my house when I'm doing the 90 days thing. I just don't feel like playing all the time, but I know I'll feel like it again in the future, and I don't want to lose all of my things. Obviously people (probably most people) DO use it to have an "extra" house, but not every one does.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem is thats not why it was put at 90 days. The then new idoc changes caused so much havoc they had to do something. I dont believe they should remove the 90 days however a lockout period would be tough to argue against. Personally I think the devs have bigger fish to fry but wouldnt argue with the decision if they made it.
I mentioned no where in my post as to reason they put it to 90 days, I'm not talking about that at all. I was referencing the changes last year not, 10 years ago or whenever they changed it to 90 days.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's not necessarily true, I don't use my house when I'm doing the 90 days thing. I just don't feel like playing all the time, but I know I'll feel like it again in the future, and I don't want to lose all of my things. Obviously people (probably most people) DO use it to have an "extra" house, but not every one does.

I said the entire point of the EXTRA accounts. That doesn't include you taking breaks from UO on your main account which is something entirely different.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I said the entire point of the EXTRA accounts. That doesn't include you taking breaks from UO on your main account which is something entirely different.
True, but the same rules apply in both cases, and in one case the house lockdown wouldn't be an issue.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True, but the same rules apply in both cases, and in one case the house lockdown wouldn't be an issue.
Right, doesn't effect you directly, only by all the other accounts closing for good and UO's revenue dropping.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I mentioned no where in my post as to reason they put it to 90 days, I'm not talking about that at all. I was referencing the changes last year not, 10 years ago or whenever they changed it to 90 days.
No you did not. I understand that, however if they made it a lockout situation they would not being veering away from the original reason for doing so. I understand alot of people would be upset about it and certainly be effected. The question is, how much would it effect their bottom line? Unfortunatly they are the only ones that have that info. Thus far it would seem that they are ok with the unintended benifit.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right, doesn't effect you directly, only by all the other accounts closing for good and UO's revenue dropping.
I'm not for changing the rule if you look over this thread. Just saying some people use the time, but not to get an extra house.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I understand your point but after I found out that the house is still accessible when the account isn't paid, to me seems slightly like a bad way to take advantage of the system. I would want to have people not lose their stuff if they do not pay, but I wouldn't feel is fair to have the house be able to be used for anyone, even vendors. Just my personal thoughts but none of that affects me one bit if someone does or doesn't pay for their account every month.