• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

12/15/2007 11:45 AM PST. Possible problems connecting TSO.

• Thread starter imported_LFancey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Shelann

I am experiencing the exact same problem as Qute Pi. I live in SE Louisiana.

N

natissee

I have not been able to get on for 3 days now. Day before yesterday I got the update was unable to load successfully. So I uninstalled and reinstalled. Then all day yesterday I got the server was down. This morning I am getting again that the update failed to load successfully. Any suggestions?

K

K-C

I still cant get in I am sitting at 35%. Is there a trick to it? I keep getting Error 23/22 and 102 messages. lots of numbers

I

imported_LFancey

K-C

What happens after? What error message do you get?

Lee

G

<font color="blue"> </font> Ummm Help hehe When I Run The Game To Go To TC3 It Loads Up And Everything Then Shows The EA Land Logo Then The Game Poofs And Thats It, It Wont Do Anything Else. I Try To Sign In Again And It Does The Same Thing.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Service seems to be restored.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going on day 3 of not being able to sign into the game period.
How disappointing...
and then after seeing other post subjects, I'm really tired of this...

I

imported_LFancey

Qute Pi,

Are you getting the following error message? Or something close?

Failed to connect to the server. This may be due to networking issues or could be due to scheduled server maintenance. Please verify your network connection and select 'Retry' to attept to update the game again, or select 'Quit' to exit the game.

Thanks

Lee

G

Have you all tried restarting your computer and modem/router if you are on broadband (cable or DSL)?

P

prncesfrmheaven

I keep getting an error that says

An error was detected on the last game update attempt. To insure the game is playable we need to verify the game directory. Verification can take from 10 to 20 minutes. Please select 'verify' to begin or 'quit' to exit the game and try again later.

I hit verify and it goes and goes and goes and then gives me another error. <font color="pink"> </font>

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

I keep getting an error that says

An error was detected on the last game update attempt. To insure the game is playable we need to verify the game directory. Verification can take from 10 to 20 minutes. Please select 'verify' to begin or 'quit' to exit the game and try again later.

I hit verify and it goes and goes and goes and then gives me another error. <font color="pink"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I've been getting....

And before anyone asks, I don't have the new EALand log in installed. I just use the regular TSO log in screen I've always used. Works for me....usually.
And I'm not even trying to get into TC3. I don't have a sim there, so in case it hasn't been mentioned, it seems to be a problem with all cities. Anyway, I finally got the problem resolved on my end. What I had to do is update my TSOClient first....6.5 MB (1395 files). Then suddenly, just like that, everything started working.

HTH.

I

imported_LFancey

Those stuck in the verify loop please try this. Patch to the TC3 city first.

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

I have done everything I can from home to try to resolve the issues.

Lee

G

Great Now I Have A Game I Can't Play, How Fun Is That.............

P

prncesfrmheaven

I don't know what happened but now mine is updating and it's 91.6 MB and has now been going for almost 3 hours. WTH? It's only 50% done. <font color="pink"> </font>

P

Pami

<font color="purple"> WTF!!!! I have been trying since yesterday to get on to a game that I pay for and I am wondering how I will be compensated for whatever the problem is with TSO. I have uninstalled and installed TSO many times. All I get is verfication or server is down after it downloads 1.5 MB. The people I am talking to are wondering where I am and if they will ever see my sim or even their sims. </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

The chair is against the wall, John has a brown mustach

[/ QUOTE ]
wound my heart with a monotonous languor.

P

Pami

<font color="blue"> I have verified so many times and says udate error and than do it again and same thing over and over. I have had to play at www.pogo.com next will be Second Life. When will this ever get fixed?????
</font>

P

prncesfrmheaven

I totally agree! I am paying for it and can't even get online. It's now been almost 4-5 hours and guess what? It's still going.

P

Pami

<font color="blue"> Some people haven't even been able to play since the update to bring snow into map view and it really sucks too. </font>

I

imported_JimDog

Lee,

Something's wrong with the web services too. It may or may not be related to this issue, but seemed to start sometime yesterday evening. It works sporadically but most of the time it's giving an error message:
<blockquote><hr>

Bad Gateway

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Qute Pi,

Are you getting the following error message? Or something close?

Failed to connect to the server. This may be due to networking issues or could be due to scheduled server maintenance. Please verify your network connection and select 'Retry' to attept to update the game again, or select 'Quit' to exit the game.

Thanks

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my message on friday and saturday.
On sunday I had a different message:

An error was detected on the last game update attempt. To insure the game is playable we need to verify the game directory. Verification can take from 10 to 20 minutes. Please select 'verify' to begin or 'quit' to exit the game and try again later. I hit verify and it goes and goes and goes and then gives me another error.

Also I can not patch to TC3 and then TSO...I get the same errors for both.

Lee, I appreciate you trying to help us from home, on your days off. However I really think someone needs to be in place or on call so these things don't happen. This isn't the first time this has happened. What am I paying for? I don't bother to patch to TC3 anymore, too many problems, and now I still get problems, and I am not trying to test anymore. How will I be compensated since people who can play already have been. People sit around bragging about what rare items they get while playing while some of us can't even get into the game. I'm very disappointed in many aspects.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I patched between the cities several times on my TC3 updated folders this past weekend without any trouble.

I even used one of my old folders late Saturday night. I had to let it update for the snow, but I got into the production cities without a problem.

I

imported_LFancey

Qute Pi,

So you are now stuck in a verification loop is that correct?

Lee

I

imported_Qute Pi

As of yesterday...I was.

I'm back to rl work time, so I won't be able to try again till I get home...
It's fine, I want to give up anyway.

I

imported_LFancey

Oh,

Ok well you have my YIM if you change your mind.

Lee

I

imported_Qute Pi

Thanks Lee, I will need to get in to get everything squared away either way

P

Pami

<font color="purple">HELP!!!! I am stuck in verfication update error. I have uninstalled and installed many times with no success. I have called tech support and my reference # is 071217-006005. Tech support said they would send my information to The Sims Online tech support people. I have the sims online new and improved should I download the trial version of TSO so it will be up todate??? Please answer to let me know what I should do. </font>

I

imported_LFancey

Pami,

I am sorry I don't know exactly how to fix this issue yet. I will post information when I have it.

Lee

G

Its Been 2 Days And I Tryed Everything I Know Of And I Still Can't Get Into The Game.

P

Pami

<font color="purple"> I have had my computer formatted and had Vista reinstalled on my pc. I installed new and improved TSO and it did the 1.5 MB and restarted hoping it would update again and it went to update and then to verify and went to both over and over again. I hope that the ones that can't play get days added to their account including myself for not being able to play a game that we pay for monthly. I sent my update error picture to TSO and hoping that helps them find the problem and fix it very soon. I am having TSO withdrawls. I have been playing at www.pogo.com and www.secondlife.com and living on this board for days. </font>

L

ladywolf

Thank you for this tip, my friend was locked out for 3 days, I sent him what you said, and he got back in.

C

caroleatdesigns

Hmmm, could it be:

Running with 2 or more accounts? If you are running .exe and .client I think the secret is to always start with .exe and once it is up in TC3, start .client for second choice TC3 or another city

I found problems if I started .client then tried .exe.

Hope this helps,

Lisa Markets

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Good point!

When I used my old folders with the old version of TSO, I needed to be sure to use the exe icon in order to get the updates.

I know I got stuck in the verification restart thing once. There was a thread somewhere here Lee had done and when I had followed his instruction correctly, I got it. But I do recall that I had to cold boot my machine before I finally got the update. But I definitely had to use exe when working from the old version of the game.

Didn't we have to get an addition download for C++ or something like that? Do we still need that?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I'm not impressed with SL at all.

I've tried it twice and twice I felt like I was pulling my teeth out or speaking with slugs at their customer service department. In fact, I figure if I'd have poured salt on them, they probably would have melted.

This is TSO and it's what I play. If I wanted to play SL, that's where I'd be and I'd be on their boards.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Hmmm, could it be:

Running with 2 or more accounts? If you are running .exe and .client I think the secret is to always start with .exe and once it is up in TC3, start .client for second choice TC3 or another city

I found problems if I started .client then tried .exe.

Hope this helps,

Lisa Markets

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in game now, but i was doing it in the right order for 3 days and that didn't help.

Finally the patch verification went to TC3 and then I was able to patch to TSO.
But Sunday it wouldn't patch to TC3 first so I don't know what made the difference. But it finally worked.

P

Pami

Please sent me what he told you to do I still can't get into game

P

Pami

I am finally getting an update when selecting tc3 and hoping when I get it all done I can go into game and have a sigh of relief when I see my sim and sim house.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

G

I'm Still Having The Same Problem When I Run The Game To Go To TC3 Or Any Other City It Loads Up And Everything Then Shows The EA Land Logo Then The Game Poofs And Thats It, It Wont Do Anything Else. I Try To Sign In Again And It Does The Same Thing. I Even Tryed From The Maxis Folder And I Get The Same Thing, I Took Out TSO And I Reinstalled It And Did All The Up Dates And I Still Get The Same Thing. WTF Is The Problem, I Know Its Not My Comp Cuz It Happends On My Laptop And My Other PC.....HELP

P

Pami

<font color="purple"> It worked for me I am playing as I type this. </font> this is what ea tech told me:: Hello Pam,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. The first step is to end any processes running in the background that maybe conflicting with the game. To do this, please follow the steps below:

1) Hold the Ctrl and Alt keys down at the same time and hit the Del key once. This will in turn bring up a window called "Task Manager". You will then see 5 tabs; Applications, Processes, Performance, networking, and Users. Select the Applications tab; this will list all current programs that are running.

2) Close all other programs by double-clicking on them. You will need to repeat this process after closing each application.

3) Click on the processes tab. There will be a list of programs sorted into separate columns. One of the columns will be called "Username."

4) Click on "Username." This will sort the processes list by which program or system property is using them. The only programs we will be concerned with are the ones listed under either "Owner" or your Windows log-on name. We do NOT need to change or alter any processes listed under "Local Service," "Network Service," or "System." The only two programs that we need running under your username or Owner are going to be Explorer and Tskmgr. All of the other processes running on your username will need to be highlighted and you click on "End Process" to close these programs. When you re-start your computer, all of these programs will come back on running in Windows.

After that we will add one more step to alleviate any possible installation errors.

1) Click on the Start button.
2) Click on Run.
3) Type C:\Program Files\Common Files into the text box and press OK.
4) Right-click on the InstallShield folder, and choose rename.
5) Change the name to InstallShieldOld.
6) Start the game installation again to reinstall the 1) InstallShield components with the newest version.

Try the install once again to see if this has resolved the issue. If you have any further questions please reply to this email.

Thank you,
EA Tech Lewis
EA Online Support.

try and see if it works for you.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

G

Guess I'll Be Canceling My Accts I Tryed That And Still The Same Problem
This Stinks After 4+ Years Of Playing
I Have No Idea What's Wrong
*Sigh*

I

imported_DutchAmerica

That still sounds like a directx problem.

I had that same exact thing happen on mine. Once I went through the steps of updating directx, the application didn't 'poof' on me any longer.

And back then I had both a laptop and a desktop both doing the same thing, but turns out, both of them needed the directx update.

Are you still on the same computer or a different one for this past 4 years?

P

Pami

Someone said they downloaded EA Land and they got into TSO after that.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!