• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

11th Anniversary items collection of EA Japan

K

King Frankie

aint it like japanease servers always gets the pimped items?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
aint it like japanease servers always gets the pimped items?
Yea but now we know what Draconi was training them in or was learning about.....

A

Adam Randall

What was last years promotion? Didn't we just get heritage tokens, and the dungeon drops?

I may have forgot something. :)
They (the japanese players) could buy a box which contained kr, an audio cd containing UO music, they got facechangetokens etc. :)

Edit: argh - to slow...

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last year we all got heritage tokens..remember? And if you bought the box, you got 10 tokens or something like that
Nope... that was the 9th Anniversary, I'm pretty sure. 10th Anniversary, we did get the fireworks wand and two heritage tokens, and a gift box...

But Japan had a promotional box that included a 50-charge treasures of tokuno dye code.

And as I recall, that remained exclusively Japan.

UO:9ACs pre-order bonus was the 9 heritage tokens. (Edit -- Hmm... always called it 9AE, but turns out it's the 9th Anniversary COLLECTION, not EDITION... who knew?)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it will be similar to last year's Anniversary promotion.
roleplaying faces?
Tok dye codes?
Dungeon drops?
heritage tokens?

I think there were a number of promotions around the anniversary that sort of blurred together in our memories.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For 10th we got the giftbox with wand and tokens, and the drop items were added to the classic dungeons.

I just hope for once that it isn't limited time.. could damn well be Christmas before I can get back into the game, and thats likely only if i'm lucky. :\

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If this goes just to Japan yet again I'm gonna freaking scream. I said it before and I'll say it again.... YOU do something in one freaking country/community you dang well better be doing it in all of them..... The HECK I'm paying for a freaking transfer token plus tons of gold just to go buy this crap on Japanese shards..... This totally ticks me off. All I can say is they DANG well better be offering this stuff in the states. Getting down right fed up with the preferential treatment BS they get in Japan. There is NO reason for that.

We all pay our dues.... we dang well ought to all get the same stuff. That includes EMs, GMs and promo items.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, and I gotta ask.. who did the illustrations from the JP pages that were in the images? The art style reminds me heavily of the character work for Castlevania: Circle of the Moon and some other games (that I can't remember the names of), so i'm curious.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I recall, it was a box with two heritage tokens and another fireworks wand, which was hastily tossed together after everyone on here was pancakes about the 10th anniversary milestone being passed with barely a nod from EA/Mythic.

Kinda like this years *winks*

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the dungoen drops, like I said in my first post in here. Can't forget about the 10th Anniversary Sculpture, after all.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yup that was it 9th we got shadow items and blue uglies

As I recall, it was a box with two heritage tokens and another fireworks wand, which was hastily tossed together after everyone on here was pancakes about the 10th anniversary milestone being passed with barely a nod from EA/Mythic.

Kinda like this years *winks*

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll have a post up shortly with the details of this promotion and how it applies to the rest of the regions - it will be similar to last year's Anniversary promotion.
What was last year's promotion? I didn't know there was one.
LOL
And this is the part that makes me want to scream and throw things. EAJapan is already advertising Anny stuffs, it's now 8pm Eastern,and we are waiting on a post telling us what we can get...no ad, just a note about it. I can hear it now at corporate in Va, "Who the hell authorized them to make that public already!?!" "WTF?!?! It's the anniversary already? geez!"

LOL
Just toss a couple of tokens in a box, and call it done already...put a stop to the bleedin'

B

Bullet

LOL
And this is the part that makes me want to scream and throw things. EAJapan is already advertising Anny stuffs, it's now 8pm Eastern,and we are waiting on a post telling us what we can get...no ad, just a note about it. I can hear it now at corporate in Va, "Who the hell authorized them to make that public already!?!" "WTF?!?! It's the anniversary already? geez!"

LOL
Just toss a couple of tokens in a box, and call it done already...put a stop to the bleedin'
This is both funny and sad. Uriah you are so right just throw them in the box already lol.

L

Lady Kiara

OK just imagine that they come out with all the stuff for the 11th birthday issue....Whats that make us? We wined,Yelled and even some of us Cried :sad2:about how we didn't get anything. We looked really silly....:gee:....Don't get me wrong i am glad to see new stuff but hearing this news just makes me or even us feel completely stupid and selfish...:sad3:For even thinking that Jeremy would forget. I guess with all the B@#$hing sessions:yell: going on about why we didn't get something for thier birthday.Most likely thier hands were really tied with other projects...:sad4: Well heres for beating a dead horse yet again:bdh:

I (WE) Are Sorry for For not believeing in you Jeremy

B

Bullet

Well i myself have said nothing about not getting gifts till now. Its not the lack of gifts that bugged me its that it was not annouced to us and was to asian players. Also now that it has been stated that there would be something on uo herald shortly and 3 hours later theres nothing. I personally think she fell asleep at her computer trying to fix a mistake of someone else. I suggest we all send coffee and doughnuts!

L

Lady Kiara

Well i myself have said nothing about not getting gifts till now. Its not the lack of gifts that bugged me its that it was not annouced to us and was to asian players. Also now that it has been stated that there would be something on uo herald shortly and 3 hours later theres nothing. I personally think she fell asleep at her computer trying to fix a mistake of someone else. I suggest we all send coffee and doughnuts!

Yes there is still no posts from Jeremy About the 11th Aniversary items...it is either bigger then we thought and she is still writing it...or like you said there trying to figure out what went wrong...(CRAAAAAAAPPP They can read Japan )

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK just imagine that they come out with all the stuff for the 11th birthday issue....Whats that make us? We wined,Yelled and even some of us Cried :sad2:about how we didn't get anything. We looked really silly....:gee:....Don't get me wrong i am glad to see new stuff but hearing this news just makes me or even us feel completely stupid and selfish...:sad3:For even thinking that Jeremy would forget. I guess with all the B@#$hing sessions:yell: going on about why we didn't get something for thier birthday.Most likely thier hands were really tied with other projects...:sad4: Well heres for beating a dead horse yet again:bdh:

I (WE) Are Sorry for For not believeing in you Jeremy
Did we whine alot? I didn't really see alot of posts like that this time around. There were some displeased posts...maybe a few... but I don't remeber folks making too big of a deal out of it. I think more complaining came from the vamp changes and plants... Not bustin your chops or anything...just sayin.

I wasnt really too disapointed about the lack of an anni celebration this year so far. I mean the devs have so many holiday and other special event stuffs to keep up with...part of me wonders how they have time to do it all with so few....and build an expansion. I expect a big hoopla on UO's 15th or 20th anni. But I won't be too disapointed with the 11th anni stuff we get...if anything at all.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes there is still no posts from Jeremy About the 11th Aniversary items...
My first thought is that it's one of those things that requires upper-level approval for her to post and this came up late in the day.

Hopefully "shortly" is not the new "soon" :)

L

Lady Kiara

Did we whine alot? I didn't really see alot of posts like that this time around. There were some displeased posts...maybe a few... but I don't remeber folks making too big of a deal out of it. I think more complaining came from the vamp changes and plants... Not bustin your chops or anything...just sayin.

I wasnt really too disapointed about the lack of an anni celebration this year so far. I mean the devs have so many holiday and other special event stuffs to keep up with...part of me wonders how they have time to do it all with so few....and build an expansion. I expect a big hoopla on UO's 15th or 20th anni. But I won't be too disapointed with the 11th anni stuff we get...if anything at all.

No harm done :thumbup1: But really you need to look up or go through all the posts about how they forgot to give on thier birthday...If you wish i will try to find some for you...

I was reading the japan site and found this....

Ultima Online service to commemorate the 11 anniversary of the great game of 11 types of items stuffed in a package that appeared limited to Japan.
数に限りがありますので、この機会をお見逃しなく! There are limited, so do not miss this opportunity!

Now were they planing to just release this on the japan shards?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, i think last year they got quite a bit we didn't.
Can't remember for sure tho, it was a year ago heheh

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No harm done :thumbup1: But really you need to look up or go through all the posts about how they forgot to give on thier birthday...If you wish i will try to find some for you...

I was reading the japan site and found this....

Ultima Online service to commemorate the 11 anniversary of the great game of 11 types of items stuffed in a package that appeared limited to Japan.
数に限りがありますので、この機会をお見逃しなく! There are limited, so do not miss this opportunity!
Na no need to look up posts or anything like that. Since it didn't really seem important to me to do anything for the 11th...I probaly skipped over them if the title of the thread looked like it had anything to do with it.

Ya I read that stuff about the Japan offer. Looks like some neat stuff. I have no idea of the politics or resources given to create this stuff in other countries. I can only imagine it's a bit easier to do these things in certain areas outside of the US. Most of it seems pretty easy to crank out too. Just more current art repackaged into a gift.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes there is still no posts from Jeremy About the 11th Aniversary items...it is either bigger then we thought and she is still writing it...or like you said there trying to figure out what went wrong...(CRAAAAAAAPPP They can read Japan )

Today, 06:26 PM is before Today, 08:53 PM by about 2 and a half hours....

Jeremy's already posted that she's aware of them. As others have pointed out, it is another case of EA Japan jumping the gun.

And remember, they get box sets there we don't get here (Kingdom Reborn was a retail box set there, and it was their setting an extremely unrealistic firm date at EA Japan for its release there that forced its way-premature release elsewhere as a download). Everyone will probably get 1 token per character for these items, while they get a DVD with the latest KR & 2D builds and a few extra tokens.

J

Jeremy

Japan had a box which included the increased storage space, the Legacy token (with the soulstone/charger/shroud) and the 7th character slot. It was available exclusively through that physical box for 30 days, then the bits went on sale online as codes. This year will follow a similar plan - I need to confirm some of the finer details before I post, though.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These pixel cracks are just GREAT GREAT GREAT

ALL OF THEM :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Hope we get them soon :eyes:

L

Lady Kiara

Japan had a box which included the increased storage space, the Legacy token (with the soulstone/charger/shroud) and the 7th character slot. It was available exclusively through that physical box for 30 days, then the bits went on sale online as codes. This year will follow a similar plan - I need to confirm some of the finer details before I post, though.
Thanks for the Update Jeremy Hope to hear from you soon...:thumbup1:

Really sucks to have Counter parts in other parts of the world and not know whats going on.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oh never mind then...I'll do without it : last year, I was charged for the increased storage and the 7th character slot but never got the code...I won't do this again :(

B

Bullet

I hate to be a jerk but its in my nature. it was available exclusively through that physical box for 30 days, then the bits went on sale online as codes. This year will follow a similar plan.

Umm is this similar plan mean that asian shards get it again and we dont???

kulder

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye Bullet seems we may be getting the shaft again I can see a box with two tokens and that damn fireworks wand

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone who thinks that EA cares about the Japanese players more doesn't understand the situation. The Japan team managing UO has always had enormous amounts of freedom when it comes to managing promotions and in-game events. They are doing what the best they can for their players.

But it is not the same for "us". We had Origin, then EA and now Mythic. There are a lot of reasons stuff is done differently. They (Mythic now) know we don't like the way they do things but they keep doing it the same old way anyway. Until they get someone in there who cares as much as the Japan team does it is always going to be this way.

S

Stucky

I think you're all forgetting that Japan is in the future.... my sis and I have this arguement everytime she calls me on the 11th when my birthday is the 12th. :mf_prop: Stupid time zone.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ea america complaining? try being in europe!! we cant buy expansions etc in europe and we are completely forgotten in entirety.
if ea tried to market in the uk they would pick up players but hey uo is like this in europe :stretcher:
perhaps the honourable thing to do would be to close it down while people still have good memories of it rather than let it go downhill as it is now and becoming a joke that simply leech the cash of its players while it still can.
Why would you get the impression that it's going downhill because there's new content? As for buying stuff from the UO Online store, I actually think it's a smart move by EA. You need that dang name change token? Buy direct from them, no middle-person needed, no worries about scams or fraud. And they earn extra from UO. It's not just earning from the subscription fees.

I would love to have received some of these free in the game. Hey wait a minute, I think most of the stuff have been given to players in-game before - like transfer tokens, tokuno dyes, necro decor etc

Or if not, they have been part of the box set as promotional items like soulstones, advance char tokens etc.

So whoever buys most of these items wants more of it than what they received in-game or from the box. They want to get more without paying for the full cost of another box/buy from other players in-game. This is how they can do it without fears of being scammed etc.

I know you are a bit miffed about being banned, but have you managed to get your account re-instated or have you stopped UO and are playing WOW now?

BTW, the items above requires new coding from the devs. Not sure if they have a dev team in Japan, but with the coding effort involved, I don't think it'll be limited to just the Japanese shards.

Also regarding someone mentioning the increase of stable slots via the hitching post, no, because your pets are actually part of your character data and not the stable master data. If it increased it, you bet they will mention it in huge 40 pt neon pink flashing markee :)

L

Lord Kynd

i really hope not, the pricing is not even cool.
add them to heritage tokens maybe ? that would work :)

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First let me say that I feel for Jeremy and the position that this puts her in, I have been there and I know what that feels like.

However - Japan has a clear and undeniable better program than the rest of the world when it comes to UO. The tokuno dye tokes for example were available from the japanese site when you purchased "X" amount of $$ from the site. In other words, if i wanted to buy one six month gametime code for each account that I own, and had the ability to do it from the Japanese site, I would have received "X" ammount of tokuno dye tokens. A clear "thank you for playing" gesture. If i want to buy game time tokens from the US site, I would find myself re-entering my CC info, clicking error messages on the web page and trying to call EA for 10 hours.

I guess i wont even bring up the slime dye event or whatever. Oh well, maybe this is EA saying "I'm sorry" for nerfing the preffered template of the asian shards...

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i want to buy game time tokens from the US site, I would find myself re-entering my CC info, clicking error messages on the web page and trying to call EA for 10 hours.
THIS. American EA's websites are all terrible and barely functional, even basic billing pages. It's disgraceful.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read so many horror stories about buying stuff through uogamecodes I'm scared to even try it. Does anyone actually successfully use it?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have, twice. ML upgrade code and Necro decor I think.

Problem is, I need to use a different CC the second time. It wouldn't accept the first CC number for some reason.

Didn't need to purchase anything else since, so have not tried recently.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read so many horror stories about buying stuff through uogamecodes I'm scared to even try it. Does anyone actually successfully use it?
I used it a couple of months ago to buy a legacy token and had no problems but that's all I bought. I'm scared to buy to many items from it.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
used it maybe 5 or so times to buy the upgrades for houses and for shard transfer.

Besides it beeing slow sometimes, havent had problems with it , since they fixed it.
I used to not be able to use our CC on it , didnt like the APO adress, but its been working fine now for a while

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Petra, I've used it 5 or 6 times, and NEVER had a problem.

I suspect that those having a problem might be having more a problem with their own overly sensitive security software blocking the transaction, than with the site.

Security software can do strange things - after all, look at the current issue where Norton 09 users can't use their macros... (see post on that elsewhere)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) I'll keep my fingers crossed. At the very least we'll be trying to buy SA, if we don't buy any of these items.

I am remembering that in past years even if you didn't buy the whole thing everyone got at least one item per char as their anniversary gift. There's been a gift of some kind every year I can remember, even if it was only a cake!

M

Magi Of Old Papua

Wait, there was a box last year we could get a charger, a shroud and a soulstone along with a 7th char slot and a space increase from?