• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

11th Anniversary items collection of EA Japan

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
(Post originaly by Adam)

Posted on the UO.JP site and translation yoinked! from Athos_UO

EA Japan posted that they release the 11th anniversary items collection in Japan.

- Armor Engraving Tool: You can engrave armors 30 times with this tool. Not rechargeable.(The stacked lady and the Rambo are not included.)

- Fallen Log: You can sit down on it.

- Earring of Protection: You can choose one from five colors, which means the +2% elemental resistance of the color. They are not blessed on Siege/Mugen.

- Lamp Post: Double clicking on it turns on light. You can bring it in your backpack.

- Hitching Post: You can stable your pets with this post 30 times when it is locked down. You can choose the access level of it. You can recharge it using a Hitching Rope on it.

- Ancestral Gravestone: Using it raises your Spirit Speak skill temporarily. You can use it only when it is locked down.

- Bulk Order Cover: This cover changes the color of BOB. You can choose from 11 colors. It has 30 charges and not rechargeable.

- Wooden Bookcase: You can bring it in your backpack. It displays books on shelves with items in it. It displays empty shelves with no items in it.

- Snow Tree/Maple Tree/Willow Tree

From FAQs:

Q: Can we obtain these items in game?
A: They plan to allow us to get some of these items in game, though hues and/or functions will be different.

Q: Can we buy each item individually?
A: EA Japan will offer these items not so soon after the release of 11th anniversary items collection.

They don't mention about the ways or possiblity for non-Japanese users to get this edition. There's no way for abroad users from Japan to buy this as long as I know, but I suppose UO team will offer these to you soon.

No disks. Only items. It will be released on November, 13th.

3577 Yen on amazon.co.jp(about 30$).

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I wanted to make sure I had half of it all written right before going on. But they there now :)

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A confirmation on these for 11th anni gifts or something for us state side would be nifty right about now.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Well they are in Japan hehe.... So you can Xfer em over >:)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*puts on poker face*

Well ... you know ... the price for these should be set low, or even just given away ... don't know if there's anything there I'm interested in ...

What? Too late?

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
My rubble logs.... i paid like 500k per section but really I dont care that they giving them away now because it was soooooooooo long ago.... and I cant find any for sale and I want like 20 more fallen logs so this will be cheaper for me kekke :thumbup:

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I cleaned up the middle section it was messed up. So its cleaner now. :mf_prop:

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Kind of irritating that they release the items to Japan and leave the rest of us hanging.

:rant2:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do I get the feeling that the Japanese office have jumped the gun and published something before the agreed release date? Again?

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
its like the news media. They always release stuff before its released by the person who is suppose to release it.... hehe good line good line

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Armor Engraving Tool: You can engrave armors 30 times with this tool. Not rechargeable.(The stacked lady and the Rambo are not included.)

*Pouts* but I waaannnttt ooonnneeee!!!!

And what the heck, I'll take an armor engraving tool too I guess. ;)

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do I get the feeling that the Japanese office have jumped the gun and published something before the agreed release date? Again?
Because apparently they care more about UO and their player base than US UO does...o wait not apparently they do in fact (new dyes anyone)....stupid EA :fight:

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Because apparently they care more about UO and their player base than US UO does...o wait not apparently they do in fact (new dyes anyone)....stupid EA :fight:
I think our EA cares because they havnt decided how to do gifts and something about some are free and some you have to buy... Perhaps they just like to try to make our EA look bad so they look good? ekek

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've forgotten that an unauthorised promise from Japan stampeded KR into an earlier than intended release?

F

Flora Green

Mmm. Pixels. I want! I want! And still waiting for the devs to make the original ToT dyes available to us again.

K

Kratos Aurion

Ok let me get this straight. EA Japan can create an implement the very book shelves we've been asking for for years and EA America can't? They even developed it with graphic changes as to have no books when its empty and filled with books with stored items. I sure hope we get those.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Bookcase - YES! Pleeze!

Hitching post recharges with "hitching rope" <perk> Purchase item? Craftable?

I like the fallen log too.

T

T_Amon_from_work

And folks in <that place whose name starts with "H"> want ice water, too! :stir:

I wish/hope Jeremy sees this one and sort of lets us know what's happening. Whar be thet gal, ennyhoo? :eyes:

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
What about the East/West faceing log?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bookcase - YES! Pleeze!

I was wondering about the hitching rope too. I'm hoping it will be craftable.

I really want the bookcases we have been asking for those forever now. :thumbup:

D

DHMagicMan_1

I just don't really like the idea of stuff being 11 year rewards that isn't rechargable... like the armor inscription and the Bulk Order Book wrappers... 11 year rewards are such a "Long Term investment" you should continue to get the value... even if you can only use 1x day or recharge with x or something else... not rechargable doesn't work for me for a Vet Reward.

A

Angus MacGregor

It took me a minute to wipe up all of the drool so I could post this.

I really, really hope they announce the details here soon.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks nice on the surface, but to rain on everyone's parade, I *won't* be spending a vet reward on something that has 30 uses!?!?
Play a year, to get a 30 use item? *shakes head*
If they were readily rechargeable, as per the weapon engraver, quite likely. But *I* can't see burning a reward choice for a limited use consumable.

Just my opinion ;)

Edit: oh Duh, as has been pointed out, these are anny rewards, not vet. All clear then!!!

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks nice on the surface, but to rain on everyone's parade, I *won't* be spending a vet reward on something that has 30 uses!?!?
Play a year, to get a 30 use item? *shakes head*
If they were readily rechargeable, as per the weapon engraver, quite likely. But *I* can't see burning a reward choice for a limited use consumable.

Just my opinion ;)
I don't think these are vet rewards. They are an 11th anniversary collection set. Just like the 9th anni tokens we got.

R

RenaLynne

Hmm...interesting. Ill take some trees, earrings, and the engraving tool. Rest are kinda boring...:sleep2:

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Hitching Post: You can stable your pets with this post 30 times when it is locked down. You can choose the access level of it. You can recharge it using a Hitching Rope on it."

I wonder if this will interact with the real stables or will it be separate thing...IE my dexxer has 2 stabled/bonded pets at Brit Stables (all he's allowed), I go home, Stable a 3rd bonded pet at my house (or maybe up to 30 more??) then, I ride off into the sunset on yet another...4th bonded pet.
This would make for more stable slots that I've seen people whining about here on Stratics. If this is the answer to more stable slots, people better start getting OLD real quick.
I've got 2 months to go until I'm eligible for my 11th year vet rewards, however, I find myself not needing more stable slots at this time. This would still be a nice reward to have for claiming my pets while at home though.
Just read the "Vet Reward" -vs- "Anniversary item". Makes sense that this might be an 11th anni item, not a vet reward.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's not get confused. There's a world of difference between '11th anniversary items' and '11 year veteran rewards'. Let's be clear what it is we're looking at. 7th anniversary was the sammi helms, leggings of embers etc. 8th and 9th were special edition boxes. 10th we got the heritage tokens that had been an early buyer item in 9th. This (I think) is 11th. Not the same thing at all as vet rewards.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL
I know Petra, I finally caught on ;)
Just a bit tired, stressed, and slow on the uptake today :p

D

DHMagicMan_1

OH. As Aniversary Presents these are the Bomb!! People will love them and be trading to get more! If we get confirmation from Mythic that is...

As Vet Rewards I only like a couple but as Presents these rock!

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ea america complaining? try being in europe!! we cant buy expansions etc in europe and we are completely forgotten in entirety.
if ea tried to market in the uk they would pick up players but hey uo is like this in europe :stretcher:
perhaps the honourable thing to do would be to close it down while people still have good memories of it rather than let it go downhill as it is now and becoming a joke that simply leech the cash of its players while it still can.

A

Aboo

. . . perhaps the honourable thing to do would be to close it down while people still have good memories of it rather than let it go downhill as it is now and becoming a joke that simply leech the cash of its players while it still can.
Sorry but I don't think that is an honorable thing to do. I still love UO and have played for 11+ years. I want to play for as long as I can. Your suggestion would cut my UO life way too short!:sad2:

L

love2winalot

When is someone from Japan going to come here and train the people at EA? hehehe:gun:

S

sapphirediablo11

Bookcase - YES! Pleeze!

Muhahaha i already have book cases with books in them !!! (thank you seer program :D )

Wahh!!! some of these items look nice, i want them SOOO BADLY!!!!!!!!!!! ARG!!!

Maybe US will just copy jap. and release them too :D ?? :(

OR.. they could hire someone from japan to help Push motivation to get these things for us :D

K

kennykilleduo

Those are cool items , sadl we won't see them our team is to busy working on next publish ( seems like a long time) or the next expansion ( been working on this for over 6 months, so far , SHOULD be amazing) or there working on WAR ( which has had MANY , MANY patches or updates in last few weeks) , you decide...:lol:

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course, my real question is, with things that you're spending actual money on, why would they implement something with limited charges that CANNOT be recharged? Like, 30 charges to change the colors of your Bulk Order Deed books? Why is that limited charge, and WHY would it not be more like a dye-tub or something? That's a utility thing that would help sorting BOD books, so of course, they offer a very limited thing for it.

Also, the armor engraver? Why not have it recharge much like the weapon engraver? Why would I spend real money on something that is gone in 30 uses?

The other stuff looks cool, but I'll be honest, it's BS that you have to BUY a bookshelf that changes settings when filled with items. That's how the EXISTING bookshelf should work.

Basically, it comes to this: Rather than implement stuff into the game that people have been asking for, they're going to implement it with a price tag.

Also, keep in mind, there isn't a Japanese development team (to my knowledge)... there's an EA Japan that asks Mythic to develop stuff for them, but all of the development resources come out of Mythic at present. Which means while we folks here in the U.S. get the shaft, again, the Japanese get development time spent for promotions that we don't benefit from.

Clearly we know where the larger playerbase is.

C

Capricious

*drops jaw* Those are awesome. I really hope they extend it to the US shards.

Although I won't pay $30 rl for items only honestly. They should give a choice to each account as a thank you for being with the game.

B

Bullet

Ok so as i understand no matter what shard you play on we all pay for playing the game. So why are they getting developement that i dont? And what developement have we gotten that they dont?

J

Jeremy

I'll have a post up shortly with the details of this promotion and how it applies to the rest of the regions - it will be similar to last year's Anniversary promotion.

K

kilo729

Fantastic, gonna make us pay 30 dollars to get bookshelves WITH BOOKS. Great idea.

Eht/Longbow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad I'm taking Japanese 101 this quarter, maybe I should move to a Japanese shard.

"Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"

A

AesSedai

Geez thanks a lot Jeremy; now there's nothing to whine about ;)

(I take that back, plenty still have p56 to whine about :) - but many are happy you are working on issues rather than throwing it out willy-nilly.)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What was last years promotion? Didn't we just get heritage tokens, and the dungeon drops?

I may have forgot something. :)

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll have a post up shortly with the details of this promotion and how it applies to the rest of the regions - it will be similar to last year's Anniversary promotion.
Unless I missed something, wasn't last year's promotion Japan-only, and we were pretty much left out? Or did I miss something here?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Last year we all got heritage tokens..remember? And if you bought the box, you got 10 tokens or something like that