• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] FoF: Bandaids and Thieves

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way it sounds like they are dealing with the new Harrower drops is very disappointing.

Unless they somehow spawn a Harrower in a Trammel rules facet as well, they are basically saying that certain items will be under the exclusive control of whatever the 1 to 4 big Fel guilds of your shard. Unlike Harrower spawns, the Tram rules-only spawns cannot be controlled in that manner.

This is an unjustifiable reversal of what appears to be the concept of these drops (and many recent changes), which is that everybody can get the same things, they can just be gotten somewhat easier in Felucca. And let's face it. The Gladiator's Collar is very likely to be one of the Harrower-only drops.

A system wherein the Harrower could drop any reward, even rewards that are otherwise unique to other champs, but has no rewards that are unique to it, makes a lot more sense.

On a positive note: I see that the drop rate has gone down from 90% to 30%? Good move.

-Galen's player

Replicas are available on all facets.
Now, it may not be a harrower, but come on, you can get almost every replica from other champions without going to fel.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one has anything to say about a mana potion in the game?
Given the degree of mana regen available in the game, a very limited boost doesn't strike me as a radical change (even though it does violate one of the ancient taboos). It does increase the range of quirky things that are available to boost a character a little more, if you are willing to endure the tedium of keeping track of it all.

I am a little surprised that it's a non-craftable item ... for some reason I was expecting that we were going to be moving towards most rare items being given out as components that a crafter would then assemble into an item ... but there doesn't actually seem to be much movement in that direction other than chocolates.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does it include Felucca Peerless dungeons or just Legacy?

F

Fink

Stealing as a pvp mechanic is VERY damaging to the game on the standard ruleset to the point where it isn't fixable.
While the profession isn't wholly fixable (ie: restored to pre-Ren), there have been numerous worthwhile proposals over the years, any of them more engaging than "feefing" potions from monsters. As a side note: the potions should be for alchemists.

My point was simply that it wasn't in the spirit of the original skill. Kind of like removing all the damage spells from Magery, then adding more "fluff" to fill the gaps in your spellbook.

If you want to be a pvp thief, play on siege.
Not an option, sadly, I don't ping under 250 to the SP rule shards and I refuse to cheat.

I played a thief for the first 1.5 yrs of UO, and I know a lot about pvp stealing and how it impacts players. I don't know why, but a lot of people are angrier if you steal from them than they would be if you kill them.
I played a thief pre-AoS, but not pre-Ren. I agree that people get more upset over theft than death, but I really can't say the game's the better for pandering to them.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The mana potions are not overpowered in any way... Only a moron would think so.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's a 10 minute cooldown, who cares?
Just surprised no one mentioned it till I did is all. How many times have we joked about being out of mana potions to guildmates.
I thought it'd be an interesting topic.
I do wonder if they are insurable items or if we can steal them from each other ;)

A

AesSedai

- I just hope uo.com is further updated.

I am seeing tons of changes and alterations and improvements.
:)
But how does that improve the game for those that are just getting into it?
Granted, when SA is reborn there will likely be some solid documentation provided.

But all of these little intricacies should be noted on uo.com & imho-humblestopinion; if only to keep the current players 'in the know' (yet also, and potentially more importantly, to perhaps permit future players to be 'in the know' as well..).
As long as it takes to make this stuff happen (understandable), hopefully someone is able to spend a few minutes making note of it in the official knowledge-base, eh.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-You never pay a penalty if the item is bought off of your vendor, regardless of the time it was placed on it.

This is a loophole that needs to be closed.

With it doing that, the 'vendor penalty' system does absolutely nothing.
Thats also my opinion, why this system? The Vendor is a Npc which is not interested in making profit.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I would hope that when the change goes in the system will know the difference between regular and faction bandages. I assume that the timer is only for curing curses. Not sure if this is correct though.
Yeah this would be the right fix, not making a use timer of enhanced badanges. Only making a normal 15 sec delay of the remove curse timer on the bandages.

D

Der Rock

The Five on Friday is back after the holiday weekend and we've filled it with your questions. In this week's edition we've got questions about thieves, faction points and much more!

To read the full article, please click here.

More...

1.yeah, a cooldown here a cooldown there, timer here and timer there,you cant use this spell now, and so on and so on.........
Sure, for people who run this stupid scripts, they can time all those things "on the spot"
:(

2.what does it mean 30 day´s old ?????
can we reactivate, a let say 5 year old acc., 1 day before gift release and get them?
YES or NO simple question :(

3.stretching stretching stretching, another boring week with those boring generals and CD´s :(

:(

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny, I looked at the title and thought it said "Bandaids for Thieves"

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, it may not be a harrower, but come on, you can get almost every replica from other champions without going to fel.
Yeah, I know....I just don't like the idea of making pretty much anything else exclusive to Felucca. Power Scrolls and Khaldun are enough. And, as some of you recall, I even argued that Khaldun shouldn't be exclusive to Felucca, but someone talked me out of that (I forget who).

And let's not forget.....Certain resources that will be critical to Imbuing will be available only in new, Fel-rules champ spawns. I don't like that, but it doesn't seem right to say anything about it. (How long has it been since any new areas have had Fel rules? I'd feel bad if I tried to argue against it.)

So why have power scrolls, an awesome dungeon, critical resources for a critical new skill, and certain replicas all only available under rules the vast majority of players don't play in? Of those 4 things I'm only arguing against the last 1.

I simply argue it's a far better system to make the Harrower eligible to drop everything, including stuff that's otherwise exclusive to the Trammel rules-only spawns, like the Bedlam spawn and the Twisted Weald spawn.

Think about that. You could get Ilhenir the Stained's artifacts without setting foot in any Trammel rules facet ever.

-Galen's player

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-You never pay a penalty if the item is bought off of your vendor, regardless of the time it was placed on it.

This is a loophole that needs to be closed.

With it doing that, the 'vendor penalty' system does absolutely nothing.
Thats also my opinion, why this system? The Vendor is a Npc which is not interested in making profit.
The point of the system was to prevent players from subverting the daily cost of their vendors.

The problem is, the way they implemented it, didn't do a thing with that loophole.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a head’s up that next week we’ll be announcing a new contest here on the Herald that is bound to keep you busy during the upcoming holiday season. We’ll have all the details for you next week including what you can win so keep an eye here for all the info.
I wonder if this is a Christmas deco contest or something?????

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a waste of coding...sheesh. The thief profession gets another bone from the developers. \0/ ...la

O

Old Man of UO

What a waste of coding...sheesh. The thief profession gets another bone from the developers. \0/ ...la
FINALLY something I can agree with you on! I liked it far better when we could steal all the gold from a monster and then drop a trapped chest on the corpse...

B

BadManiac

Nothing about the lag/freeze issues some people still have? A portion of your playerbase is totally unable to play, and you can't even be bothered saying a single word about it?

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then maybe you guys should start a thread on the Thieves Forums that specifically outlines the kind of "realistic" things you would like to see added to the game for your class.

Insurance isn't going away anytime soon so that settles that. No point beating that dead horse. The alternative to that is to play Siege (yes Rico, I know YOU play there :lick: ).

Stealing from monsters clearly wasn't added for PvP thieves. It simply gives thieves an alternative way of making money, of gaining skills other than by stealing the same dye tubs/pile of golds from a packhorse and having a unique set of items for which there will be sustained demand as they are consumables.

The "bone" for PvP thieves AND PvPers in general came first by making the SoTs cursed unlike the 105s that aren't. Second by providing an incentive to not only do all the Fel champ spawns in the no choke areas, but Harrowers as well. So you should have plenty of people to run into.

As far as adding stealable artifacts on monsters, considering the timer is only what? 12 seconds? the drop rate would have to be insanely (infuriatingly?) low to prevent items from flooding the market within days.

If we're going to "throw you a bone", I'd rather it be a meaty one. Just be clear about what you want and reasonably realistic about it.

D

Der Rock

not if everyone quits because of the lag

and if she means with "plenty of people to run into", to lure the rabbits to the predators
maybe that will not work(again not)

maybe the same people will do harrower as before, the same people will sell the 25 stat scrolls
but NOW also those harrower only items.
LOL

yes, i also can see the "golden times" come back.
make all items in tram worthless and here we are, the items which are worth anything are back to fell again(before AoS)
so the criminal gangs can make mo´again :(

I

Infiniti

When is 57 going in?

When is the U.S. going to have 11th anny items available?

Some further info on the lag issues?

Keep us busy for the holidays?

Isnt it the holidays all ready?

This would have been useful information! :scholar:

W

wrekognize

I am a little surprised that it's a non-craftable item ... for some reason I was expecting that we were going to be moving towards most rare items being given out as components that a crafter would then assemble into an item ... but there doesn't actually seem to be much movement in that direction other than chocolates.
They gave away spellbooks during halloween (and invasion) not crafted by scribes, and weapons not crafted by smiths from the invasion.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They gave away spellbooks during halloween (and invasion) not crafted by scribes, and weapons not crafted by smiths from the invasion....
*nods*

Although admittedly, I think there are some improvements needed in creating marketplaces for ingredients to be bartered for crafts. Going through vendors or hanging out at banks just isn't a satisfying way of meeting people for me although I don't really have any better alternative ideas.

T

Traveller

Then maybe you guys should start a thread on the Thieves Forums that specifically outlines the kind of "realistic" things you would like to see added to the game for your class.
You mean a thread like the hundreds that have been raining in the course of last five years? Yes, threads about realistic things, not about removing insurance. Honestly, I am sick of having each new dev team tell us "If you want change give us input". There have been years of constructive input and no change. Sure, you are part of THIS dev team and not of the many that have ruined the game before, but still it's your job, not ours, to come up with something good. I know that if you do I will pay for it, if you don't I won't.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mean a thread like the hundreds that have been raining in the course of last five years? Yes, threads about realistic things, not about removing insurance. Honestly, I am sick of having each new dev team tell us "If you want change give us input". There have been years of constructive input and no change. Sure, you are part of THIS dev team and not of the many that have ruined the game before, but still it's your job, not ours, to come up with something good. I know that if you do I will pay for it, if you don't I won't.
Could not agree more. Years and years of posting suggestions and proposed enhancements to this skill and you guys (EA) didnt bother to take any notes? What a disservice to your customers.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone obviously stole your ideas from them before they reached the filing cabinet.

S

Sarphus

Could not agree more. Years and years of posting suggestions and proposed enhancements to this skill and you guys (EA) didnt bother to take any notes? What a disservice to your customers.
I think it's silly to blame a newer dev for not knowing every thief proposal that has come across stratics. If they weren't a dev when the proposal was made and they weren't interested in UO thieves, they would have no reason to read it.

J

jelinidas

To me it looks like you have their attention now and this is the kind of comments you wish to fling?

How many of these Devs were around when the major changes took place? Hell, how long have they been here at all?

You have their attention. (a positive)
Changes are being made. (a positive)
They ask for suggestions. (a positive)

Now you dont like their ideas. OK, but to respond so NEGITIVE, I would personally tell you to F-off and move on if I were them. There are alot of other classes or professions begging for positive atention. Why not, and I do know someone did, just make the thread with ideas. Praise the attention, wish for the best??? UHallers boggle my mind sometimes.

...and yes, I do have a GM+ theif that I never play anymore. So I do have a rooting interest.

T

Traveller

To me it looks like you have their attention now and this is the kind of comments you wish to fling?
Yes. It's too late now, as far as I am concerned. Thanks to years of mismanagement of previous administration/teams I have come to the point where I don't care where this game goes anymore. I refuse to have a house in game (which is one of the strongest points of UO), exactly because I don't care about taking roots in the game anymore. Sad, but true. The dev team has a LONG way to do to conquer back the loyalty of many veterans. Not their fault, but their responsibility nonetheless (since they are paid to do that).

How many of these Devs were around when the major changes took place? Hell, how long have they been here at all?

You have their attention. (a positive)
Changes are being made. (a positive)
They ask for suggestions. (a positive)
Please, don't misunderstand me. I personally think that, even if they have faults, this is possibily the best dev team UO has seen since I subscribed to the game, pre-AoS. This doesn't change anything. I've lost any faith in the game and my time is NOW more precious than spending hours in collecting old ideas, sistematizing them, and proposig to them as I did with previous teams which ALSO asked for suggestions and delivered nothing. Maybe devs might use the SEARCH function in the forum like every other forum user is always told to do? I understand that most messages have been recovered from the recent stratics crash.

Now you dont like their ideas. OK, but to respond so NEGITIVE, I would personally tell you to F-off and move on if I were them.
You don't understand. I answer like this, EXACTLY because I am perfectly ready to move on, and have not much patience left in me. Do you really think that this is what the game needs? More people leaving?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. It's too late now, as far as I am concerned.
Ok, then can we just move on and let the people who still enjoy the game make suggestions? There's no point in pandering to someone who can't be appeased.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First proposal: Create a whole new dungeon, wherein thieves have an opportunity to control access to various levels by stealing consumable keys. Not bad, I guess, but creating a new dungeon doesn't feel terribly realistic, and even a fellow poster in the thread pointed out that allowing thieves to control access to an area has abuse potential.

Second proposal: To steal containers. Not sure why this is important? Wasn't this (referring to making containers non-stealable) done to prevent the theft of insured items within containers? And if so, isn't this proposal really about insurance?

Third proposal: A new shard without insurance.

So....Out of the first 3 proposals, 2 out of 3 appear to be about insurance. 1 out of 3 explicitly is. Despite her saying that insurance isn't going away. 1 involves the creation of a new dungeon. I don't know that that's realistic per se?

Most of the proposals over the years have essentially involved getting rid of insurance or limiting its impact. Or in some way starting down a path that has the logical conclusion of going back to dry looting houses.

From the potential victim's chair, it's easy to see where most of the ideas thrown out over the years would end up.

And I think that's what Regine is reacting to.

Frankly....I think the creation of new items that spawn in your pack at an intense PvM situation, some of which are cursed and none of which are blessed, sounds like a grand opportunity for PvP thieves. How many people aren't even going to be aware at first that a replica has spawned in their packs? Power scroll thieves have a grand old time now; they'll have an even grander time when Pub57 happens.

-Galen's player

T

Traveller

Ok, then can we just move on
I won't even bother to write an ad-hoc reply, just quoting a piece of the same message you are replying:

Do you really think that this is what the game needs? More people leaving?
Anyway, I probably will. 22 Jan is not far off.

let the people who still enjoy the game make suggestions?
*scratches head* Can you point me where I am forbidding other posters to make suggestions? Of course, make any suggestions you like. The one who seem not very keen on freedom of speech here is the one who doesn't want me to speak my mind.

There's no point in pandering to someone who can't be appeased.
Contrary to what you think I CAN be appeased, otherwise I wouldn't have reopened my account after the changes to factions. But the loyalty of customers that have been continously kicked in the nuts for five solid years cannot be regained by the polemic attitude expressed by Regine in her "Then maybe you guys should start a thread...", as if we never did it. That is basically asking us to do her work, when most of us have already done it and is mostly a matter of searching in the forums. She could at least be nice about it.

T

Traveller

Frankly....I think the creation of new items that spawn in your pack at an intense PvM situation, some of which are cursed and none of which are blessed, sounds like a grand opportunity for PvP thieves. How many people aren't even going to be aware at first that a replica has spawned in their packs? Power scroll thieves have a grand old time now; they'll have an even grander time when Pub57 happens.
I don't think so, for several reasons:

1) Those items spawn in trammel too. Their value won't be much more that +10 or, in best cases, +15 scrolls, unless the drop rate in trammel is made the same of a crystalline ring.

2) Stealth in champ situations with more than 3 players is simply impossible, you get revealed before you can even snoop. Considering that you have to snoop many people before you can steal the frustration factor quickly overrides any novelty factor.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think so, for several reasons:

1) Those items spawn in trammel too. Their value won't be much more that +10 or, in best cases, +15 scrolls, unless the drop rate in trammel is made the same of a crystalline ring.

2) Stealth in champ situations with more than 3 players is simply impossible, you get revealed before you can snoop.
1. Trammel rules spawns are much harder than Fel rules spawns, and thus less will be done than you think. From the FoF, there seems to be only a 30% chance that anything will spawn. Also, some items appear to be Harrower-only, and thus Fel-only. Also, the higher-end scrolls will indeed be Felucca-only.

2. I happen to have known 1 or 2 of the better champ spawn thieves on LS. What you describe as "simply impossible" was routine for them.

-Galen's player

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Traveller, you are being overly pessimistic with #1.

However, I have to agree with you regarding #2. Passive detection is just a ridiculous nerf for a spawn thief. It is a very hard job as it is but with passive detect it has become next to impossible. I have a strong feeling though that they will be addressing it in near future. If that does happen then the fact that SoT are cursed and replicas cannot be insured for some time should be a big incentive to anyone who enjoyed the challenge of being a spawn thief.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Insurance isn't going away anytime soon so that settles that. No point beating that dead horse. The alternative to that is to play Siege (yes Rico, I know YOU play there :lick: ).

Stealing from monsters clearly wasn't added for PvP thieves. It simply gives thieves an alternative way of making money, of gaining skills other than by stealing the same dye tubs/pile of golds from a packhorse and having a unique set of items for which there will be sustained demand as they are consumables.

The "bone" for PvP thieves AND PvPers in general came first by making the SoTs cursed unlike the 105s that aren't. Second by providing an incentive to not only do all the Fel champ spawns in the no choke areas, but Harrowers as well. So you should have plenty of people to run into.

As far as adding stealable artifacts on monsters, considering the timer is only what? 12 seconds? the drop rate would have to be insanely (infuriatingly?) low to prevent items from flooding the market within days.

If we're going to "throw you a bone", I'd rather it be a meaty one. Just be clear about what you want and reasonably realistic about it.
You are kidding right? We've only been asking for help from the developers for oh...how long has it been since AoS came out?

I'll round up the folks in the thief forum and see if we can get something put together, but I know for a fact I have posted many "doable" suggestions on this forum (since the thief forum gets no love) and nothing, not even a single response. I thank you for at least addressing me directly. It's the first time a developer has actually spoken with me since Sunsword did at a GenCon meeting about 5 years ago...la

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possibly. What's your reasoning to say so?
I'll take a stab at that:

Trammel rules spawns are much harder than Fel rules spawns, and thus less will be done than you think. From the FoF, there seems to be only a 30% chance that anything will spawn. Also, some items appear to be Harrower-only, and thus Fel-only. Also, the higher-end scrolls will indeed be Felucca-only.
lol

-Galen's player

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*scratches head* Can you point me where I am forbidding other posters to make suggestions? Of course, make any suggestions you like. The one who seem not very keen on freedom of speech here is the one who doesn't want me to speak my mind.
You misunderstood me on this point - I'm just pointing out that by ranting "it's too late", you're saying there's no point in listening to you. I used "let" in the "let's go to movies" sense not in the "he's not letting us leave" sense.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be free to speak your mind, I'm just saying that you're giving people every reason to ignore you. Having PvM content for thieves gives a way for people to actually play their way up to GM (unless you feel that 50-skill thief should be effective against the average resident of Fel?). Personally I took her comments as "hint, hint, we're reading profession forums right now".

(as an aside: when you do discuss ideas, don't forget that if you want PvP thieves, make sure to consider whether the ideas are going to be fun to play against, not just whether they are going to be fun to play)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

link

Ok, I've stuck a thread in the thief forum. Keep an eye on it for our discussion on this issue. It may be the first time a thread from the thief forum is paid attention to by the developers, but hey, you asked for it...you've got it...la

T

Traveller

1. Trammel rules spawns are much harder than Fel rules spawns, and thus less will be done than you think.
The problem here is that we don't really have enough numbers to make any reasoned prevision. Given EA's track record I think I am justified to take the pessimistic stance until more information are forthcoming.

Also, some items appear to be Harrower-only, and thus Fel-only.
You say "appear to be". More inference. And besides, only at harrowers, not at champs. Again, I am taking the conservative stance till we have more information.

Also, the higher-end scrolls will indeed be Felucca-only.
Yes. And it takes the grand total two "high-end" trammel scrolls to obtain a "high-end" fel scroll. So the price of a high-end fel is capped by double the price of a trammel highend.

2. I happen to have known 1 or 2 of the better champ spawn thieves on LS. What you describe as "simply impossible" was routine for them.
I happen to BE one of those "better champ spawn thieves" on Europa, ask any red/zerg/champ guild. What I describe as "simply impossible" IS simply impossible when facing people who know what they are doing.

What you describe happens because people at champ feels so secure that they don't even bother to take the minimum amount of precautions. They are essentially clueless. I could shadowjump in their midst and they wouldn't even realize I was there. When I left two years ago, people wasn't that clueless. I must suppose almost all the thieves left the game, or are playing other chars. Sadly, there has been a serious involution on the ability of players.

Besides, any "better champ spawn thieves" who would blow his cover to steal a scroll worth maybe 100K instead of biding his time for the chance to snatch a scroll worth 4M is an oxymoron.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First proposal: Create a whole new dungeon, wherein thieves have an opportunity to control access to various levels by stealing consumable keys. Not bad, I guess, but creating a new dungeon doesn't feel terribly realistic, and even a fellow poster in the thread pointed out that allowing thieves to control access to an area has abuse potential.

That's not what PvP thieves want. That is an idea for crate thieves for sure...la

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I left two years ago
You left two years ago? If you mean left UO, discussion's over....You don't see me going over to the Warhammer forums making proposals there.

Why would you post in the forums of a game you don't play?

If you did not mean leaving UO, then I'm sorry.

-Galen's player

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So now you have to actually play the game to be able to speak about improving it? LOL...shut this forum down then, because there have been so many quitters that have added their two cents over the years...it's funny...la

T

Traveller

You left two years ago?
If you did not mean leaving UO, then I'm sorry.
I don't think you are, because if you were sincere you would at least have bothered to read enough to spot, for instance, this sentence:

Traveller said:
I wouldn't have reopened my account after the changes to factions.
Nothing that couldn't have been inferred by reading the sentence you replied, anyway:

When I left two years ago, people wasn't that clueless.
(how would I know how clueless people are if I hadn't played again?)

The funny thing with this attitude is that since you are so passionate about the game you should do your level best to keep people who are undecided. It's not like the game has 10M subs. In the _month_ I have been playing I have seen the amount of vendors on my shard reducing by almost 20%, and don't have me started on the difference from 2 years ago... And still you say to people "go away". Oh well...

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have their attention. (a positive) - Always have. No different today then three years ago. Where have you been?

Changes are being made. (a positive) - Changes that no thief I know asked for or would have asked for. Changes are not always a positive. Are you delusional?

They ask for suggestions. (a positive) - They ask for suggestions ...yet again. They didn't pay any attention last time what makes you think they will this time?

Now you dont like their ideas. OK, but to respond so NEGITIVE, I would personally tell you to F-off and move on if I were them. - You might tell me to F-off over the internet, but not to my face. Whats your point?

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possibly. What's your reasoning to say so?
Lets just call it an opinion from an experienced merchant. Either way, they are going to be worth quite a bit for quite some weeks. That by itself is the biggest positive change for PvP thieves in some time. Now if they only fixed #2 - something that I think is what the entire "thief lobby" should be focusing on (instead of random insurance proposals which are not going to be dealt with at this time.. baby steps).

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are 100% right that I didn't read all of your post.

I've already apologized, so I've no need to do so again, right?

And good thing I asked for clarification? And you of course want to encourage that instead of pig-headed stubbornness because you're genuinely interested in sincere discourse on this board, right?

-Galen's player

I don't think you are, because if you were sincere you would at least have bothered to read enough to spot, for instance, this sentence:

Nothing that couldn't have been inferred by reading the sentence you replied, anyway:

(how would I know how clueless people are if I hadn't played again?)

The funny thing with this attitude is that since you are so passionate about the game you should do your level best to keep people who are undecided. It's not like the game has 10M subs. In the _month_ I have been playing I have seen the amount of vendors on my shard reducing by almost 20%, and don't have me started on the difference from 2 years ago... And still you say to people "go away". Oh well...