Won a WWI Card? Here's some info you need to know!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
L

Lag

Hello all, and congrats to all the winners of our Gold Medal challenge!

In this thread, I will be putting up a list of information anyone with a WWI card should know!

-On the back of the card, there will be 2 codes. Follow the instructions on the back of the card
-Register your beta code as soon as possible. The sooner you register, the sooner you get into the beta!
-The link to get your Tyrael minipet is http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/misc/promotion.html
-When claiming the Tyrael minipet, be sure to double check your realm; if you choose the wrong realm, you cannot get the minipet. The vendor for the Tyrael minipet, for horde, is:
http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=29095
For alliance, is:
http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=29093
(Note: if you /dance with Tyrael, he will dance back!)
-As soon as you register for the beta with your WWI code, go to
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9023683582&sid=1
and post the required information required by the first post in the thread.

NOTE: You NEED to do this because the invites are for the EU beta. Posting in that thread will hasten your process of getting that EU invite. After receiving the EU invite, read the next bullet

-Then email "[email protected]" the following information as soon as you get your invite:
Acct Name you wish to have upgraded
Promo Code
Email address
Region you play from

And name the email "Regional Key Issues" (as the title)

The stratics team hopes to see everyone in Northrend soon! :danceb:

T

tshrake521

So the keys are for EU beta and you must do the bottom to get them to work in the US beta? What is the average turnaround time?

E

Eldorian

I'm told by Blizzard that it's a "quick and easy process".

And yeah, any beta codes from the WWI cards need to be transferred over using what Lag spelled out above.

W

wtfisit123

I have a problem coming up on the account upgrade page, and it's saying that the code i got is not an expansion key. I sent the mail and posted the message, and the Tyrael thing did work, but the beta key didnt. If i am right and blizzard e-mails go at their 6:00 and i posted and e-mailed near their 7:00, that means my solution here is to wait till tomorrow when they are there and then i will be able to enter the code most likely after they send a reply to my message. Is this correct?

L

Lag

I have a problem coming up on the account upgrade page, and it's saying that the code i got is not an expansion key. I sent the mail and posted the message, and the Tyrael thing did work, but the beta key didnt. If i am right and blizzard e-mails go at their 6:00 and i posted and e-mailed near their 7:00, that means my solution here is to wait till tomorrow when they are there and then i will be able to enter the code most likely after they send a reply to my message. Is this correct?

No no. The code on the back of the WWI card you register to an email. as SOON as you get your invite, do what I said in the post. It says "not an expansion key" because it is a EU key. Email wowbetabilling the info above and post in that thread and they will get to you asap.

NOTE: BLIZZARD IS AIMING TO HAVE ALL WWI INVITES GONE OUT & CONVERTED BY FRIDAY, SO DO IT ASAP!

L

Lag

Another point: I sent in my info for an exchange 2 weeks ago, and have talked to the beta billing, and they have said I should have it by friday at the latest. Now, 2 weeks is a long time. From what I understand, Blizzard has assigned more staff to work on this EU swapping problem, so it should go by fairly quickly, as Eldorian said.

E

Eldorian

NOTE: BLIZZARD IS AIMING TO HAVE ALL WWI INVITES GONE OUT & CONVERTED BY FRIDAY, SO DO IT ASAP!
I'm waiting for confirmation from Blizzard if this is the case or not.

If it is, I'll start scratching off and sending codes for people that want it. If it isn't, cards will be mailed out tomorrow morning.

W

wtfisit123

well actually i did mail them last night, and posted in that forum section, but they havent gotten back to me, might this only be because they arent working there atm?

E

Eldorian

I also got this confirmation from Blizzard:

"While there is no guarantee of when they will get in, registrants will be getting invitations throughout beta as long as it’s running."

N

Nyaz

I also assume the happy-dappy European winners won't have to bother with the tedious "help, please trade my key, please" steps, eh? ^_^

Ah, it's good to be the king... sort of.

E

Eldorian

I also assume the happy-dappy European winners won't have to bother with the tedious "help, please trade my key, please" steps, eh? ^_^

You'd be correct.

R

Rockafizz

Darn im in US...i gotta go through the "Please Please switch me over" Phase...

owell im too busy being happy :danceb: to worry bout it ^.^

E

Eldorian

Other than the fact that you have France over there. :p

Well... the area was alright, the landmarks were pretty cool... the people on the other hand :talktothehand:

(although I did meet a couple cool french people - the random ones in the street though... yikes!)

L

Lag

Other than the fact that you have France over there. :p

Well... the area was alright, the landmarks were pretty cool... the people on the other hand :talktothehand:

(although I did meet a couple cool french people - the random ones in the street though... yikes!)

Do I count as one of the random ones you met in the street? :D

L

Lag

You and your Kansas.

On another note, I got my invite after 3.5 weeks of waiting!

Have fun people!

(Nah. They're doing all of em right now. Just wanted to scare you guys!)

R

Rockafizz

wish i coulda got mine through PM..

Mail...not only takes a while but the fact they might lose Precious WII card :blushing:

E

Eldorian

Seems to be every 2 weeks.

I think they just sent out one last week... so maybe next week?

T

tshrake521

Anyone know if the post office delivers on saturdays? I haven't recieved or got regular postage service mail in I dont know how long.

Indiana btw, what would be the average waiting time from Kansas--->indiana?

R

Rockafizz

Anyone know if the post office delivers on saturdays? I haven't recieved or got regular postage service mail in I dont know how long.

Indiana btw, what would be the average waiting time from Kansas--->indiana?
Assuming there flying the mail from state to state they still would have to redistribute it and get it to the right post offices...so i dont think it would be there by a saturday :blushing: Postal Mail kills me :bored:

T

tshrake521

I can't wait for the beta key to be changed... its seriously killing me

L

Lag

Dont worry. Blizzard has a highly paid proffesional force of college dropouts working from their mom's basements working 24/7 on those exchanges.

nah but really, it shouldnt be long

W

wtfisit123

i entered in my key a little while ago on another link from WoW that one of the employees told me to register it on a few days ago, so about when should i be getting the invite to the beta?

E

Eldorian

i entered in my key a little while ago on another link from WoW that one of the employees told me to register it on a few days ago, so about when should i be getting the invite to the beta?
Sometime before the beta is over.

Seriously, that's all I know and all Blizzard says.

R

Rockafizz

Scratch this...I didnt scratch off enough to see the second code...i feel like an idiot ='(

F

Fojos

"I can confirm that my department is currently not handling the actual selection process for those who signed up after August 1, or even if invites will actually be sent out for those who registered late"

It's funny that Blizzard gives WWI-keys to fansites for contests after the closing date. I got this in a mail from Blizzard.

R

Rockafizz

"I can confirm that my department is currently not handling the actual selection process for those who signed up after August 1, or even if invites will actually be sent out for those who registered late"

It's funny that Blizzard gives WWI-keys to fansites for contests after the closing date. I got this in a mail from Blizzard.
Me Sad =(

Shucks Win a contest and the prize dont work =(

Sure it was the RIGHT department...and id wait for eldorian to confirm it before everyone goes EMO.

Does sound like Blizz though, to be honest..

S

Shiftey

I did not win a WWI key but i think i know what is going on..

IF you put in your code before Aug 1 you were supposed to get a key on the next wave..but they had problems which are mostly fixed atm..

IF you put your code in after Aug 1 you will be able to join beta but there is no set date or set wave you will recive your key.

L

Lag

I did not win a WWI key but i think i know what is going on..

IF you put in your code before Aug 1 you were supposed to get a key on the next wave..but they had problems which are mostly fixed atm..

IF you put your code in after Aug 1 you will be able to join beta but there is no set date or set wave you will recive your key.

What we have been told by blizzard officials, but people from within the department that handles the beta are sending conflicting reports. So its either the Blizzard PR people, or the beta people. One of em is lying. Im hoping the beta people are.

E

Eldorian

I've been told by numerous sources within Blizzard that the Aug. 1 date was the cutoff date for the next wave of invites.

The cards will get you into beta at SOME POINT. You're just not guaranteed on when.

N

Nyaz

And now it's friday, and still no signs of life from the beta department. Aaaaaargh!! *goes mental*

Of course, chances are they are in fact in the US, and they are like 6-something hours behind me. Hmm. All is not lost!

W

wtfisit123

yea, from where im at (EST) its about 8:40, so they'll probably get to use between THEIR 9am-6pm, i beleive thats when most of them are working, so if theyre gna get to us today, wait for the afternoon

N

Nyaz

In my case it's probably more like tomorrow as it's already 20:00 over here in Ye Olde Empire of Sweden. (Well, 19:54 actually).

Yaaaaaaaarrrr...!