• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Possible solution to Greater Dragons in PvP

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tested it and it appears that tamed Greater Dragons can go over the 70 fire breath damage cap. Or they removed the cap entirely and I missed the notice.

At 0 fire resistance a fire breath did 182 damage
At 35 fire resistance it did 122 damage
At 50 fire resistance it did 94 damage
At 60 fire resistance it did 75 damage
At 70 fire resistance it did 56 damage

Clearly fire breath damage needs to be capped. ...
Why do you say this?

If your just going to be one of the ones that say Weapon Speed and other Modifiers DO NOT count when comparing to the Fire Breath, then we are clearly not going to be in the same ball park.

I will be talking Damage Per Second and you will be using an instantaneous random damage that has some Random percentage of damage to the target, that is invoked randomly to never.

You might also be one that insist that the tamer is Legendary (Archer, Tamer, Lore, Veterinary, Stealth, Hiding, Magering, Focus, Meditation, Necromancer, Bashido, Chivalry, Ninjitsu, Swords, Mace, Fencing) with 125 Str, 125 Dex, 125 Int. That is what, when you actually read and listen to what these guys are saying they are facing when they are distracted away from saying the Greater Dragon constantly does 1K damage every second, cast spells from 100 screens away, always teleports from up to 100 screens away and does an instantaneous 1K damage.

Z

Zoran

Oh yeah, sure, and your making it worse and simply becoming the problem as well.
But, if one continually brings up the same arguements- do they not deserve the same retort?

Is that not in fact the definition of the word whining? Stating their peice on the GD topic, then raising it again and again?

At some point even the most even-tempered person can be pushed to reply in a negative manner, its called 'standing your ground'.

If these arguement rebuttles where not forthcoming and strongly worded it would look as though others were no longer opposed to the "nerfing" of GD's.

There has been a pleathera of hyperbolic examples of their power... A few strong words of truth to stand in the way of this dis-information onslaught is not out of order.

As for the plight of Siege- they brought themselves into this discussion plaenty of prior times when this topic was raised. They SHOULD be requesting a change on their shard alone, and not one that effects the silent majority of players who are playing on other shards.

I think thats about it for me. At least until next week or tomorrow when this convo starts on yet another thread. Peace.
~Zoran

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not too concerned about the greater dragons in PvP for the most part. They are too slow to really be much of a danger with their melee attacks and/or their spells.

However, their fire breath cannot be avoided and usually results in instant death. It's as bad as the old sammurai one-hit kills. I took 156 points of damage on a mage (with ~50 fire resist suit) from a fireball one day. (yes, I can beef up the fire resist, but even with 70 resist, that'd be a one hit kill)

So, the first step should be to eliminate the fire breath damage in PvP.

Their spells aren't as big a problem, but I am annoyed at how they can chain spells at you much faster than a player and seem to be able to cast from off-screen. Limiting their FC/FCR and range to the same as players would solve this.

Ok, let the flames begin!

:flame::flame:

1) You start a post about a supposed pvp solution yet you also mention that you have a suit consisting of 50 fire resist? Are you kidding me?!!
No offense but that goes a long ways towards invalidating much of anything you say concerning pvp IMO

2) Greater Dragons are very simple to kill when playing an Archer with a little patience.
If you have huge issues with Greaters you should simply play an Archer. Unfortunately if you are a leet mage and have huge issues having to play an Archer you should maybe just stfu no? I mean arent most mages the cream of Uo? Don't 98% of all pvp mages claim their greatness based upon how many more keys then can mash over a warrior/archer?
A Greater Dragon should be no match for a supreme key-mashing mage right?

To sum up:
Archers wreck Greater Dragons. Mages are far superior to Archers in skill so they by defintion should be able to wreck GD's. GD's then are no longer an issue and the debate is closed.

Peace :)

O

Ozymandies

Sometimes everyone is right.

Is there some secret way to buff the Greater Dragon? Bless or something. Fire damage is based on hp, is it linear (proportional)?

The 156 damage is roughly twice what is to be expected.

If it were buffed and you were omened?

OZ

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Insurance doesn't exist on SP SO I AM GOING TO CRAP MY DIAPERS AND NOT EVER USE ANYTHING THAT IS GOOD SO I CAN NOT EVER LOSE IT. You admit it, they admit it, THEY ARE TO DARN AFRAID THEY WILL LOSE SOMETHING to be REAL PvPR'S.
Yeah, you´re right. I guess that´s why we play on Siege. Cuz we are afraid to lose stuff upon death... :coco:

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed...

Firebreath = insta death from what most posters say no matter how high you fire resist is.. that's simple put .. over powered, and taking that away would not be a huge undertaking.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Trammel people DO. (HINT: Think Looting Mobs that GO POOF). The INFERIOR Trammel players will RISK EVERYTHING and the ELITE/SUPERIOR PvP/SP people will RISK NOTHING.
:D

You´re actually kinda funny...

I take it that with EVERYTHING U mean some bandages?

Keep it up, it´s free entertainment... :popcorn:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed...

Firebreath = insta death from what most posters say no matter how high you fire resist is.. that's simple put .. over powered, and taking that away would not be a huge undertaking.
It is only insta death if you are poorly prepared and wearing a sub-par suit. Shame on you and you get what you deserve.

Bottom line is that there is finally a single controllable creature that is viable for pvp and cannot be killed instantly. Deal with it. Tamers have been lame for so long they needed this little boost. Killing tamers/stealthers using a GD is not that hard to do if you play the right template and are patient.

I personally have never onced pvped with a tamer but I can feel the love.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Trammel people DO. (HINT: Think Looting Mobs that GO POOF). The INFERIOR Trammel players will RISK EVERYTHING and the ELITE/SUPERIOR PvP/SP people will RISK NOTHING.
:D

You´re actually kinda funny...

I take it that with EVERYTHING U mean some bandages?

Keep it up, it´s free entertainment... :popcorn:
Ya... I especially enjoy reading this crap, when many guildmates of mine suit up with 3+ million gp suits all the time.

For you Trammel shard folks... taking into consideration the value of Siege gold versus other shards gold... that's 20million gp per suit every time they die.

The thing this guy can't seem to cram into that tiny head of his is that on Siege, we are all about risk versus reward... and playing a stealth ninja tamer with a greater dragon is all about exploiting minimal risk for maximum reward.

It needs to be fixed... and fixed immediately.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed...

It is only insta death if you are poorly prepared and wearing a sub-par suit. Shame on you and you get what you deserve.

Bottom line is that there is finally a single controllable creature that is viable for pvp and cannot be killed instantly. Deal with it. Tamers have been lame for so long they needed this little boost. Killing tamers/stealthers using a GD is not that hard to do if you play the right template and are patient.

Tamers have not been lame for so long... maybe on regular shards, but even then it was because people couldn't play them properly.

my tamer mage is and has been since the dawn of UO... a power house in PvP...

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes everyone is right.

Is there some secret way to buff the Greater Dragon? Bless or something. Fire damage is based on hp, is it linear (proportional)?

The 156 damage is roughly twice what is to be expected.

If it were buffed and you were omened?

OZ
It is simple, these whiny, cry babies have no clue what they are doing.

When used against their opposing group, it would result in the monster doing double damage to the person wielding the weapon. For example, carry silver, and Repond creatures did double damage to you. Carry Repond weapons and undead creatures did double damage to you. Pick your opponent with care!
It has been proven to be the case in every single one of these endless whiny crying threads.

In addition if you read the rest of it, you will see you have a 20% penalty when using a slayer weapon on a Mob that is in the OPPOSING GROUP.

THAT and the group that simplywant Tamers to be removed from UO, PERIOD, NQA.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed...

Good enough to do it twice.

Insta death =m Incompetetent whiny cry baby.

When used against their opposing group, it would result in the monster doing double damage to the person wielding the weapon. For example, carry silver, and Repond creatures did double damage to you. Carry Repond weapons and undead creatures did double damage to you. Pick your opponent with care!
Every single one of them has been proven to fall in to the case of being so ignorant of the Game that they were using an opposing slayer weapon.

In addition if you read the rest of it, you will see you have a 20% penalty when using a slayer weapon on a Mob that is in the OPPOSING GROUP.

So the only reason they are insta dying is because they spend more time whining and crying here about Greatrer Dragons or what ever it is that last killed them, than they do actualy getting a clue how to be good at the game.

That and the fact that the SP people prefer to whine and cry here how they need to go fight Greater Dragons head on and ignore the tamer, in nothing but newbie items, because they are totally terrified they might lose their Viking Sword.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed...

Tamers have not been lame for so long... maybe on regular shards, but even then it was because people couldn't play them properly.

my tamer mage is and has been since the dawn of UO... a power house in PvP...
I hear ya but I am all about regular shards & even the best tamers were rarely much of a factor 1 vs 1 IMO, sorry

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The thing about killing the tamer and ignoring the dragon, is it doesn't work all that great on Siege... Especially when you're just in plain GM made leather armor. And the tamer is stealthed. That's the complaint.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or at least dont make it health bases, and drop it down drastically.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing about killing the tamer and ignoring the dragon, is it doesn't work all that great on Siege... Especially when you're just in plain GM made leather armor. And the tamer is stealthed. That's the complaint.
But there are two components to the complaint.

The justification you use is the Stealth/Invis'd/hidden.

What of the Stealthy Archer? Stealthy any template?

Stealth presents a challenge to any opponent and it should present a challenge, else why have it?

If a Tamer is going to be a Stealthy Tamer (the template I chose for my second account), he is not going to be an offensive threat personally.

If he gives a command he is going to be revealed. If he is an undisciplined Stealther he is going to be revealed. So you are speaking of a competent Stealthy Tamer or your speaking of an incompetent Stealthy Tamer / Well played or NOT well played Tamer. IF your opponent is better played than you, why insist they be nerfed?

The second part. Much ado about the Breath Attack. It is always represented as a fixed frequency/ every second attack for GODLY damage. I am a tamer. I KNOW BETTER. It is a RANDOMLY DETERMINED FREQUENCY. That means in any given fight it may NEVER FIRE. In the next fight it may fire a DOZEN TIMES. The Damage may be for max or it may be for min. The point is, It is unreliable as in IT CAN NOT BE COUNTED ON.

The proper classification for the Breath Attack is a BURST DAMAGE ATTACK or in EQ terms a PROC Attack. IF it goes off then things MAY turn in your favor. That is a BIG IF and MAY.

What is being demanded is that a Weapon for a Tamer Template be NERFED based 100% on a Burst Damage attack. AND it is being DEMANDED that the SUSTAINED damage of the player be 100% disregarded. This is by any definition simply is WRONG.

You might just as well have a 2.4s weapon that does 20 dmg vs a 8.0s weapon that does 20 dmg and FRAME THE DEBATE ONLY on the damage the weapons do and CLAIM THEY ARE EQUAL.

That is 100% the argument being made. It is so WRONG on every level.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO, Siege players need to have their own thread on the subject, that CLEARLY STATES IN THE TITLE that it is about GD on SIEGE. Then, they need to step back from the discussions about GD on prodo shards. They are two different beasts, and should not be contained in the same thread.

As for GD on Prodo shards ... we have been there, and Goldberg is right, either you are poorly equiped or using poor tactics if they are one-hitting you. Recall just last week a player who was being one-hit killed ended up learning he had an opposing slayer on ... (poorly equiped for the challenge).

Instead of coming here and shouting how they should be nerfed, first you should be examining - with a level and unbiased head - the whole situation, testing it again and again under different circumstances, and then making proposals based on hard facts. Screenies are good :)

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

However, their fire breath cannot be avoided and usually results in instant death. It's as bad as the old sammurai one-hit kills. I took 156 points of damage on a mage (with ~50 fire resist suit) from a fireball one day. (yes, I can beef up the fire resist, but even with 70 resist, that'd be a one hit kill)

[/QUOTE

The firebreath damage is already capped at 60 hp for 70 fire resist. At 50 fire resist you should get 100 hp damage. Have you an opposite slayer in hands? weren't you cursed?

So, the first step should be to eliminate the fire breath damage in PvP.

Their spells aren't as big a problem, but I am annoyed at how they can chain spells at you much faster than a player and seem to be able to cast from off-screen. Limiting their FC/FCR and range to the same as players would solve this.

Ok, let the flames begin!

:flame::flame:
This is a long asked change and everyone will agree, but it is much more a general monster AI problem than a greater dragon problem.

I think it was introduced when they modified pet AI to avoid instakills when entering spawn areas : long ago some spawn areas were really deadly because all the critters casted at the same moment. I think they modified the code by inserting a random delay for spells.

Touching that part of the code could recreate the problem it was supposed to fix. One must be carefull with that.

Z

Zoran

But the thing is- thats NOT the complaint!
I completely believe that what Ailish said was correct; Siege needs its OWN thread on this topic.
Its ludicrous to to try and compare issues with PvP on Siege, to those of the real shards.

Is it that SP players are so scarce that they need to argue their point with players from other shards who could care less whether Greater Dragons get nerfed, ignored, or even snuffed out of existance on your little shard. The true issue here is that if it's SIEGE that wants GD's nerfed in their little shard- they need to say so in the thread. When the issue comes up in regards to the rest of the shards, they should realize that their input is inconsequencial and irrelivent.
Damn this arguement is old....
~Zoran

M

MoonglowMerchant

But the thing is- thats NOT the complaint!
I completely believe that what Ailish said was correct; Siege needs its OWN thread on this topic.
Its ludicrous to to try and compare issues with PvP on Siege, to those of the real shards.

Is it that SP players are so scarce that they need to argue their point with players from other shards who could care less whether Greater Dragons get nerfed, ignored, or even snuffed out of existance on your little shard. The true issue here is that if it's SIEGE that wants GD's nerfed in their little shard- they need to say so in the thread. When the issue comes up in regards to the rest of the shards, they should realize that their input is inconsequencial and irrelivent.
Damn this arguement is old....
~Zoran
The breath damage issue applies on every shard. It is a bigger problem on Siege for a number of reasons but the fact remains that while most attacks in PvP have been capped at around 35-40, dragon breath damage exceeds and in many cases doubles that cap.

Capping the amount of damage done by GD breath in PvP only will bring that attack in line with other types of PvP damage that have already been capped.

M

MoonglowMerchant

But there are two components to the complaint.

The justification you use is the Stealth/Invis'd/hidden.

What of the Stealthy Archer? Stealthy any template?

Stealth presents a challenge to any opponent and it should present a challenge, else why have it?

If a Tamer is going to be a Stealthy Tamer (the template I chose for my second account), he is not going to be an offensive threat personally.

If he gives a command he is going to be revealed. If he is an undisciplined Stealther he is going to be revealed. So you are speaking of a competent Stealthy Tamer or your speaking of an incompetent Stealthy Tamer / Well played or NOT well played Tamer. IF your opponent is better played than you, why insist they be nerfed?

The second part. Much ado about the Breath Attack. It is always represented as a fixed frequency/ every second attack for GODLY damage. I am a tamer. I KNOW BETTER. It is a RANDOMLY DETERMINED FREQUENCY. That means in any given fight it may NEVER FIRE. In the next fight it may fire a DOZEN TIMES. The Damage may be for max or it may be for min. The point is, It is unreliable as in IT CAN NOT BE COUNTED ON.

The proper classification for the Breath Attack is a BURST DAMAGE ATTACK or in EQ terms a PROC Attack. IF it goes off then things MAY turn in your favor. That is a BIG IF and MAY.

What is being demanded is that a Weapon for a Tamer Template be NERFED based 100% on a Burst Damage attack. AND it is being DEMANDED that the SUSTAINED damage of the player be 100% disregarded. This is by any definition simply is WRONG.

You might just as well have a 2.4s weapon that does 20 dmg vs a 8.0s weapon that does 20 dmg and FRAME THE DEBATE ONLY on the damage the weapons do and CLAIM THEY ARE EQUAL.

That is 100% the argument being made. It is so WRONG on every level.
Two things.

1. A tamer doesn't have to reveal to attack. He simply has to have the pet guard him, be in war mode and double click a target.

2. Breath damage is a burst weapon. You are correct. Players do sustained damage. You are correct. However, you miss the fact that dragons can do sustained damage too. If you stand next to one and try to melee it, you will figure that out pretty quickly.

I don't object to that because if it is a player or a dragon and I'm worried about sustained damage, I move away from the damager. That is the problem with the "burst" damage from a breath weapon. You can't move away from it because it will hit you from multiple screens away and through obstacles and it doubles the normal caps for PvP damage.

C

Connor_Graham

What is being demanded is that a Weapon for a Tamer Template be NERFED based 100% on a Burst Damage attack. AND it is being DEMANDED that the SUSTAINED damage of the player be 100% disregarded.
At least you understand this much, although I don't know why you keep insisting on comparing it to anything, much less another player template since DoT isn't the issue, but the "burst damage" itself. This is the EXACT reason WoD was nerfed in PvP, which is the type of comparison you SHOULD BE using. The amount of "burst damage" was well over any damage cap in the game, even though it takes 4 seconds to cast the spell. I really don't get why you think 70 points of damage in a single hit that takes a fraction of the time that WoD takes to cast should be ignored for no reason other than you can't control when or if it's used. The fact is that it CAN happen and that it SHOULDN'T as it exceeds ANY AND ALL damage caps currently in place in PvP.

This is by any definition simply is WRONG.
Let's clarify this. By YOUR definition it's wrong. By everyone else that isn't a biased Tamer, and even by other Tamers that aren't YOU, it's correct. Even non-PvP'rs can see where the problem lies with this issue. You must have some pretty big blinders on not to see it yourself.

This makes zero sense.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is the problem with the "burst" damage from a breath weapon. You can't move away from it because it will hit you from multiple screens away and through obstacles and it doubles the normal caps for PvP damage.
You are wrong, I am a tamer, I do fight with Greater Dragons.

The Fire Breath is a Limited Range (3 tiles) Effect Burst Damage device. I TAME Greater Dragons, you know the WILD version. I survive the encounters. I twice daily check all the Greater Dragon Spawn Points. I survive the encounter. I have had the Breath Attack cast more times than you have posts. I survive the encounter.

BOTH of my tamers have less than 60 Resists in everything. I survive the encounter.

You can in fact move away from a Breath Attack, but what part of Instantaneous Damage is hard to get? Just like the Fire Balls that travel 100 screens away as I run from them. Yeah they eventually catch me. GUESS WHAT, they hit me 100 screens earlier and we are just watching an anomaly in the way UO is coded.

It has been 100% proven that the so called Insta Killed your .... trying to pin on the Fire Breath is ALWAYS the ... choices the player made. Equipping Items that will cause the Damage of a Greater Dragon to be doubled and impose a 20% penalty on the person wielding that item.

This is the great sin of being a PvP Tamer. Your opponent is so totally clueless they don't know why they lose. They come here and whine about being such a loser, get told what it is they are doing wrong. Instead of LEARNING they just start up YET ANOTHER HOURLY THREAD ON HOW I SUCK AT PvP because I am totally clueless. In Short, the sin is, the attacker uses a Slayer weapon, his/her favorite toy, that is aligned opposite the Greater Dragon, they LOSE and then cry about how totally over powered the Greater Dragon is, because they INSIST ON USING A SLAYER WEAPON THAT DOUBLES THE DAMAGE DONE TO THEM AND IMPOSE A 20% PENALTY ON THEM. That is the Tamers GREAT SIN.

The sustained DPS (Damage Per Second) is an OFFENSIVE MEASUREMENT that SHOULD be used for balancing. You can deflect/pervert/use that measurement as a measurement on when to run away. BUT within the context of these whines, it demonstrates how totally LOW ON THE FOOD CHAIN a Pet is in PvP. That includes Greater Dragons. You all know that, you make it obvious you do. You focus on an UNRELIABLE Burst Damage Device and WHITE NOISE your sustained damage output.

M

MoonglowMerchant

You are wrong, I am a tamer, I do fight with Greater Dragons.

The Fire Breath is a Limited Range (3 tiles) Effect Burst Damage device. I TAME Greater Dragons, you know the WILD version. I survive the encounters. I twice daily check all the Greater Dragon Spawn Points. I survive the encounter. I have had the Breath Attack cast more times than you have posts. I survive the encounter.

BOTH of my tamers have less than 60 Resists in everything. I survive the encounter.

You can in fact move away from a Breath Attack, but what part of Instantaneous Damage is hard to get? Just like the Fire Balls that travel 100 screens away as I run from them. Yeah they eventually catch me. GUESS WHAT, they hit me 100 screens earlier and we are just watching an anomaly in the way UO is coded.

It has been 100% proven that the so called Insta Killed your .... trying to pin on the Fire Breath is ALWAYS the ... choices the player made. Equipping Items that will cause the Damage of a Greater Dragon to be doubled and impose a 20% penalty on the person wielding that item.

This is the great sin of being a PvP Tamer. Your opponent is so totally clueless they don't know why they lose. They come here and whine about being such a loser, get told what it is they are doing wrong. Instead of LEARNING they just start up YET ANOTHER HOURLY THREAD ON HOW I SUCK AT PvP because I am totally clueless. In Short, the sin is, the attacker uses a Slayer weapon, his/her favorite toy, that is aligned opposite the Greater Dragon, they LOSE and then cry about how totally over powered the Greater Dragon is, because they INSIST ON USING A SLAYER WEAPON THAT DOUBLES THE DAMAGE DONE TO THEM AND IMPOSE A 20% PENALTY ON THEM. That is the Tamers GREAT SIN.

The sustained DPS (Damage Per Second) is an OFFENSIVE MEASUREMENT that SHOULD be used for balancing. You can deflect/pervert/use that measurement as a measurement on when to run away. BUT within the context of these whines, it demonstrates how totally LOW ON THE FOOD CHAIN a Pet is in PvP. That includes Greater Dragons. You all know that, you make it obvious you do. You focus on an UNRELIABLE Burst Damage Device and WHITE NOISE your sustained damage output.
So, your argument now is that everyone taking 70 damage from a greater dragons breath (twice the cap on armor ignore) is using a slayer weapon?

This is of course completely ridiculous.

You further argue that while dragons can do sustained and burst damage, we should completely ignore their burst damage.

Also ridiculous.

If you are really interested in influencing player's opinions, try making well reasoned arguments rather than non-sensical ones full of insults.

P

peanutbutter

it's hard to sustain anything when you're dead.

i saw a dragon turn on it's master the other day (as he was talking smack) and eat him.

1 hit

it was the funniest thing i'd seen in a long time.

1 hit

dead

i didn't get the chance to ask him if he was using a slayer weapon or book, but i'm SURE that was the problem.

Edgar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as it's a pvp only cap then I see no problem. If it affects PvM then I would say No.

M

MoonglowMerchant

As long as it's a pvp only cap then I see no problem. If it affects PvM then I would say No.
Let me ask you something and I really don't know so please think about this.

If you are using a Greater Dragon for PvM against a boss type creature and your dragon does two or three thousand damage to it. What percentage of that damage is done by the breath weapon versus melee damage?

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Fire Breath is a Limited Range (3 tiles)
Then why did I get killed last week when I got firebreathed off screen?

I posted before a fix that i think would satisfy everyone, it would be the following:

Reduce the firebreath and casting distance a pet do to around 7 tiles.

As much as ai think their damge goes against EA's imposed damage limit in PvP, I can deal with it.

Also pets should not be allowed to be recalled to their owner if the pet is an aggressor, just like a person who cant flee if they are an aggressor.

GD's should not be able to cast through houses, or teleport through a wall to get outside.

I think that the overall message you are missing is that people want balance in the game. in balance i mean that if I cant recall when I am an aggressor why should a pet be able to?

Why is it that if I log out in an un secure location in game, my character sits there for 5 minutes, yet if the tamer logs out his pet vanishes?

Why is it that a tamer can sick his pet on me, his pet will be grey to me, but the tamer is still blue to me?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MoonglowMerchant;831546... bunch of WHITE NOISE BS .... You further argue that while dragons can do sustained and burst damage said:
That is EXACTLY what you and the other cry babies are doing TOTALY REMOVING ANY DAMAGE YOU DO and DESPERATELY FOCUSING on the Fire Breath.

Here is YOUR argument in a Nut Shell.

The Greater Dragon is Casting a Fire Breath Attack, every second, that does 140 Damage up to 100 Screens away (and never ever even bother to explain how anything managed to target YOU from that distance).

With your CLASIC REBUTTAL, Any DPS I have is not there as I am INSTANTLY KILLED BY THE GREATER DRAGON 100 SCREENS AWAY.

As for the Question of How was some one killed 3 screens away by the Greater Dragon's Fire Breath.

A) You were wrong in your initial assertion that Greater Dragons were Insta Killing everyone. IT WAS 100% proven you were asking for it with your equipment.

B) EXPLAIN how a Greater Dragon SELECTIVLY Targets YOU from 3 screens away.

C) What part of Instantaneous Damage is so hard for you to understand VS THE ANOMALY OF UO CODING THAT GIVES THE APPEARANCE A FIRE BALL (AKA ALL RANGED ATTACKS) IS CHASING YOU FOR 100+ SCREENS. The Damage was DONE 100 SCREENS EARLIER.

So NO there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the Greater Dragons Breath Attack, other than YOU GOT CAUGHT and OUT FINESSED/FOUGHT/BATTLED/PLAYED. Try Learning from your failures and IMPROVE YOURSELF.

An analogy, A Newbie (to Greater Dragons) Tamer goes to tame a Greater Dragon, they DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE (repeat 10's if not 100's of times). Each time the become HARDER TO KILL, Get Closer to Taming the GD. THEY ARE LEARNING.

They are NOT here whining and crying about Oh That Over Powered Greater Dragon is JUST TO DARN HARD TO TAME.

THEY ARE LEARNING. One day they STOP DIEING and the Greater Dragons Begin to BE TAMED ON A REGULAR BASIS. They LEARNED HOW TO LIVE WITH GREATER DRAGONS.

They did it by playing and NOT COMMING HERE AND WHINING / CRYING about their inability to play their Template Well.

As to the JOKE about the Tamer being eaten by his own Dragon. IF (and I am confident it is a blatant lie) it were true, then JUST HOW BADLY DO YOU SUCK THAT YOU CAN'T KILL THAT TAMER?

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for the Question of How was some one killed 3 screens away by the Greater Dragon's Fire Breath.
You are so hostile? Why is that?

Anyway, I can only speak for myself. I was intentionally keeping the GD's to where they were not even visible on my screen the whole time.

I was fighting 4 guys, two of which had GD's.. Again they kept the GD's near the gate so I as I said before intentionally stayed around 2 full screens away from them.

Somehow, not sure how, I see the fireball coming at me and then I was close to redlined, at which point the other two guys dropped me.

I didn't mind dying at all, in fact it was a very fun fight up unil the firebreath. I can deal with the damage they do, but when it happens from so far away, it's kinda lame don't ya think?

I guess this is the point where you start yelling again about being out finessed etc.

But if you would like, I would be happy to meet you on test center, you on whatever temp you want to be on, and me on mine, and we will see who actually knows more about PvP and who survives the test.

A

archite666

I just tested it and it appears that tamed Greater Dragons can go over the 70 fire breath damage cap. Or they removed the cap entirely and I missed the notice.

At 0 fire resistance a fire breath did 182 damage
At 35 fire resistance it did 122 damage
At 50 fire resistance it did 94 damage
At 60 fire resistance it did 75 damage
At 70 fire resistance it did 56 damage

Clearly fire breath damage needs to be capped. Otherwise Greater Dragons are pretty fine compared to everything else. Still no where near the amount of damage claimed by the original poster,
This is completely accurate, though the right dragon can hit for more, I will bet 20 mil siege which is worth 5 times more than trammy gold against anyone who says otherwise, 70 fire resist and no BS about having a damn opposite slayer.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all- Enigma YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! It's about time someone said it! After the first three dozen times of not calling people cry-babies for whining about 'The Greater Dragon Menace', it just gets too old. This cry-fest has came up again, and again, and- well you get the picture.

The fact of the matter is, most NON-CHEATING/NON-SCRIPTING players are ALOT less concerned about greater dragons than 'speed-hacking/pot-program-healing cheaters'. Those of us not running cheats don't have a problem running off and making another attack at the tamer a minute later. Its those who feel they are "Too good to run" because their programs are "Leet" who cry about it.

I don't use my tamer because it is a slow and dangerous way to get your kill on. Plus as a tamer you do not even get insurance payoffs from your kills. But it is nice to know that there is an alternative to dealing with the scriptors, other than "If you can't beat them, join them".

I have been killed by greater drags before. When it happened I knew it was only because I erred in my tactics. But when I watch a member from another guild chase me while casting heals upon himself, catch me, paralyze me (though I have a 120 resist) and then have time to cast two energy fields FROM DIFFERNT ANGLES ON ME before my resist kicks in? Thats just sad. Thats what needs to be removed from PvP. Speedhackers and Scriptrunners.

As for Siege periless? They should have a totally different board ( oh wait! they do!!! lol). Its a different game with different rules basically. I cannot speak for them- but as for the other shards? Adapt to the Greater Dragons as we have adapted to your hacks... Peace.
~Zoran
------------------------------------------------------------------------
See, you hit it right on the head, tactics, planned strategy......That's all it takes.
I know UO is an online "fantasy" game. Yet, stop and take a look at it this way....if the human body takes a hit from a flame thrower up close, is that not almost instant death? I know, this is a game....what I'm getting at is dragons ARE supposed to be tough.
I always felt, they were wayyyy to underpowered in this game....so we have pvp's used to this and that.....now here comes a dragon, the way dragons should be and we get the boo-hooing.

Gonna bypass the name calling aspect of this post, handle it or toughen up....
Gonna bypass the allegations of speedhacking and scripting.....it's inevitible...

Basically, what I've learned over the years, is conform, fresh ideas, new stategies.....I learned along time ago, a quick wall of stone can help me hide in a heartbeat and save my butt.....took alot of dying too, but, hey it works.

Leave the dragons be, and let imagination and thinking come back to this game.

later:lick:

C

Connor_Graham

That is EXACTLY what you and the other cry babies are doing TOTALY REMOVING ANY DAMAGE YOU DO and DESPERATELY FOCUSING on the Fire Breath.
If you can't learn to play nicely you're going to get put in Time Out. In other words, if you can't act adult enough to debate a topic without having to resort to childish insults, you're probably going to end up regretting it eventually. SHOW RESPECT AT ALL TIMES is right at the top of the RoC. You might want to reread it to brush up on it's terms.

Here is YOUR argument in a Nut Shell.

The Greater Dragon is Casting a Fire Breath Attack, every second, that does 140 Damage up to 100 Screens away (and never ever even bother to explain how anything managed to target YOU from that distance).
Do you think you might manage to exaggerate a little bit more?

The point is the 70 dmg Fire Breath attacks are double the damage cap in PvP. It's also common knowledge that creatures in game do not follow the same line of sight rules as players do, so when you combine Fire Breath with continual casting even after LoS has been broken, it does become an issue.

With your CLASIC REBUTTAL, Any DPS I have is not there
The DPS of the player has nothing to do with the discussion. I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up. The whole issue is the fact that a single attack does double the PvP damage cap.

B) EXPLAIN how a Greater Dragon SELECTIVLY Targets YOU from 3 screens away.
I've already covered this with the LoS issues with UO creatures. If the creature targets you when you're within range, it doesn't matter if you break LoS before it's done casting, as you will get hit with the spell(s) and or Fire Breath no matter what you do.

C) What part of Instantaneous Damage is so hard for you to understand VS THE ANOMALY OF UO CODING THAT GIVES THE APPEARANCE A FIRE BALL (AKA ALL RANGED ATTACKS) IS CHASING YOU FOR 100+ SCREENS. The Damage was DONE 100 SCREENS EARLIER.
The issue is the LoS that I've already described.

So NO there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the Greater Dragons Breath Attack
You mean other than the fact that it can do double the damage cap against 70 resist? Or the fact that any other attack that has been able to exceed this cap, such as Critical Strikes combined with Honor with Bushido and WoD, were lowered or removed in PvP?

I'm not understanding why you're finding it so hard to grasp the simple concept that a single attack is currently doing more than the damage cap allows, and as such, need to be lowered to preserve the balance in PvP.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that the overall message you are missing is that people want balance in the game.
Fine this is something to reply to.

I GET IT, I UNDERSTAND What the WHINE/CRYING is about.

WHAT IS MISSED IS THIS, IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT.

Tamers were a straight forward, simple Template.

THEN OSI LISTENED TO THE WHINY/CRY BABIES and taming got, and keeps on getting, FUBAR'D (AKA Screwed UP).

GET THIS, UNDERSTAND IT.

YOU (no not you personally) caused the greatest single NERF to a CLASS/TEMPLATE etc, in EVERY SINGLE MMORPG. YOU Reduced tamers by 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% of what they were. I KNOW I WAS THERE THEN AND I AM HERE NOW. I know how badly YOU NERF'D TAMERS.

NOW then Make sure you FOLLOW THESE DOT's. MAKE SURE YOU CONNECT THEM.

We didn't have the NUMBERS ON HOW GOOD OR BAD OUR PETS WERE. We didn't have Bonding.

BUT IT DIDN'T TAKE 2 YEARS TO MAX TAMING either.

It didnt take 50 attempts at MAX Taming level to TAME an INFERIOR Pet either. You got GM (aka 100) Taming at most it took 2 times to tame the highest to tame pet then The White Wyrm.

Now with 120 Taming, your Lucky to get that same WW in 10 attempts and probably 20 is more realistic. Get to the 100+ To Tames and the number starts approaching 50.

WE DIDNT HAVE LINE OF SIGHT BUGS every step either. Start a Tame cycle, Lead Taming, and YOU MUST WATCH / BE VERY COGNIZANT of the terrain your in OR "You can no longer continue to tame this monster as you do NOT have a clear line of sight", the OBSTICAL? Why that millimeter thick piece of HAY. THEN OF COURSE YOUR PENALIZED for that even further as you MUST wait for the BUSTED tame cycle to run its FULL COURSE.

THEN YOUR INCESSANT WHINING (so the story goes as I can NOT verify this) Causes the Dragons, White Wyrms, Nightmares to be NERF'd by 50%.

THEN YOUR INCESSANT WHINING Causes the Pets to be assigned Control Slot Numbers and the Tamer given a MAX 5 Control Slots.

BY THIS TIME TAMERS ARE A JOKE, A NOTHING compared to what they had been.

REMEMBER YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT FOLLOWS THIS.

NOW COMES THE OSI/EAM INCONSISTENCY. One the RIGHT HAND slaped Tamers INTO NON EXISTENCE, the LEFT HAND comes along and starts to make things better.

Lets give the Tamers a bone and let them see the numbers that make up the majority of their pets abilities. (See Note 1 on what a total FUBAR this was for PvP).

Ok, Now that Tamers can see how lame or good their pets are, they go FIGURE OUT HOW TO TRAIN THEM.

Ok, Now that Tamers are Training pets, they have a HUGE TIME SINK invested in the pet. With BUGS causing the pets to vanish, Items being retained on DEATH, then the NEXT LOGICAL DOT in this sequence is created BONDING.

Now that sets the stage for putting Tamers on an EQUAL LEVEL with the other templates. HENCE THE Dread War Horse re-establishes what the Nightmare had been (at 80%) and the Greater Dragon re-establishes what the the Dragon had been at 80%.

In anticipation of the Whiny/Cry Babies, the Breath attack is made a limited range, RANDOMLY FIRED, Burst Damage Attack. The Sustained Attack of the GD is BELOW the levels a properly equiped Player can do. The RANDOMLY FIRED, Burst DAMAGE Attack, is the random factor that MAY change the course of events to favor the tamer. THE OVER ALL PICTURE IS Balance.

YOU cause all of this, with the never ending whining and crying about tamers and their pets.

Two catagories,

The Category as PROVEN to exist by a player in the other therad. I DON'T WANT TO PvM SO TAMERS HAVE NO PLACE TO BE in PvP OTHER THAN MY PUNCHING BAG/TRAINING DUMMY.

The Category as PROVEN to exist bgy almost every whiny, crying post. I HAVE MY FAVORITE TOYS, THEY ARE KILLING ME BUT I REFUSE TO CHANGE THEM. INSTEAD I WILL CRY ABOUT HOW OVER POWERED A GREATER DRAGON IS.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK, that if EA/M's RIGHT HAND NERFS TAMERS AGAIN to be YOUR Punching Bag, YOUR TRAINING DUMMY, that EA/M's LEFT HAND WONT SWING THE SCALES AGAIN?

Same everyone the Trauma, LEARN HOW TO DEAL WITH TAMERS THAT HAVE GREATER DRAGONS. DO NOT LET THE OSCILLATION (AKA SINE WAVE) CONTINUE.

Note 1: Displaying the Pets Numbers, simply drove the Tamers to always cycle up their pets. This means for PvP that instead of facing the NORMAL RANGE of a MoB you are ALWAYS FACING THE BEST OF THE BEST. YOU MADE THIS HAPPEN, ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Somehow, not sure how, I see the fireball coming at me and then I was close to redlined, at which point the other two guys dropped me.
Get a clue, YOU DIDN'T the first time I told you, you were wrong, then it was proven by others you were.

The Fire BREATH DOES NOT HAVE A MOVING ANIMATION. IT IS LOCAL TO THE Greater Dragon. IT DOES NOT leave the GD and follow or seek out anyone.

You simply got hit with a Magical Attack. You can't deal with it. You must blame something. YOU can not even KNOW who / what that Magical Attack came from. YOU can not even KNOWINGLY state the damage was done by the Magical Attack. THERE may have been other RANGED Attacks included. Sounds more like a VASTLY OVER POWERED Stealthy Archer nearly killed you than any wimpy Greater Dragon.

A

archite666

GREATER DRAGONS WILL HIT PLAYERS WITH OUT OPPOSING SLAYERS AND WITH 70 FIRE RESIST FOR 60 DAMAGE FROM MANY SCREENS AWAY.

It is proven, do I need to make a video? Please tell me what possessions you have on your shard so we can make an appropriate bet, im sure its nothing compared to what I possess as my assets are worth over 150 mil on siege and that is worth 5 times more. So please PM me so we can get in order.

I know a good broker for this sort of thing too.

A

archite666

Get a clue, YOU DIDN'T the first time I told you, you were wrong, then it was proven by others you were.

The Fire BREATH DOES NOT HAVE A MOVING ANIMATION. IT IS LOCAL TO THE Greater Dragon. IT DOES NOT leave the GD and follow or seek out anyone.

You simply got hit with a Magical Attack. You can't deal with it. You must blame something. YOU can not even KNOW who / what that Magical Attack came from. YOU can not even KNOWINGLY state the damage was done by the Magical Attack. THERE may have been other RANGED Attacks included. Sounds more like a VASTLY OVER POWERED Stealthy Archer nearly killed you than any wimpy Greater Dragon.
This entire post as most of yours are completely wrong, in ventrillo when one of my guildys runs from a dragon and we see the firebreath animation we call "Firebreath!" so they can chug and not die.

Unless the past 6 months are somehow been made up I call BS on you and everything you post.

M

MoonglowMerchant

Fine this is something to reply to.

I GET IT, I UNDERSTAND What the WHINE/CRYING is about.

WHAT IS MISSED IS THIS, IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT.

Tamers were a straight forward, simple Template.

THEN OSI LISTENED TO THE WHINY/CRY BABIES and taming got, and keeps on getting, FUBAR'D (AKA Screwed UP).

GET THIS, UNDERSTAND IT.

YOU (no not you personally) caused the greatest single NERF to a CLASS/TEMPLATE etc, in EVERY SINGLE MMORPG. YOU Reduced tamers by 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% of what they were. I KNOW I WAS THERE THEN AND I AM HERE NOW. I know how badly YOU NERF'D TAMERS.

NOW then Make sure you FOLLOW THESE DOT's. MAKE SURE YOU CONNECT THEM.

We didn't have the NUMBERS ON HOW GOOD OR BAD OUR PETS WERE. We didn't have Bonding.

BUT IT DIDN'T TAKE 2 YEARS TO MAX TAMING either.

It didnt take 50 attempts at MAX Taming level to TAME an INFERIOR Pet either. You got GM (aka 100) Taming at most it took 2 times to tame the highest to tame pet then The White Wyrm.

Now with 120 Taming, your Lucky to get that same WW in 10 attempts and probably 20 is more realistic. Get to the 100+ To Tames and the number starts approaching 50.

WE DIDNT HAVE LINE OF SIGHT BUGS every step either. Start a Tame cycle, Lead Taming, and YOU MUST WATCH / BE VERY COGNIZANT of the terrain your in OR "You can no longer continue to tame this monster as you do NOT have a clear line of sight", the OBSTICAL? Why that millimeter thick piece of HAY. THEN OF COURSE YOUR PENALIZED for that even further as you MUST wait for the BUSTED tame cycle to run its FULL COURSE.

THEN YOUR INCESSANT WHINING (so the story goes as I can NOT verify this) Causes the Dragons, White Wyrms, Nightmares to be NERF'd by 50%.

THEN YOUR INCESSANT WHINING Causes the Pets to be assigned Control Slot Numbers and the Tamer given a MAX 5 Control Slots.

BY THIS TIME TAMERS ARE A JOKE, A NOTHING compared to what they had been.

REMEMBER YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT FOLLOWS THIS.

NOW COMES THE OSI/EAM INCONSISTENCY. One the RIGHT HAND slaped Tamers INTO NON EXISTENCE, the LEFT HAND comes along and starts to make things better.

Lets give the Tamers a bone and let them see the numbers that make up the majority of their pets abilities. (See Note 1 on what a total FUBAR this was for PvP).

Ok, Now that Tamers can see how lame or good their pets are, they go FIGURE OUT HOW TO TRAIN THEM.

Ok, Now that Tamers are Training pets, they have a HUGE TIME SINK invested in the pet. With BUGS causing the pets to vanish, Items being retained on DEATH, then the NEXT LOGICAL DOT in this sequence is created BONDING.

Now that sets the stage for putting Tamers on an EQUAL LEVEL with the other templates. HENCE THE Dread War Horse re-establishes what the Nightmare had been (at 80%) and the Greater Dragon re-establishes what the the Dragon had been at 80%.

In anticipation of the Whiny/Cry Babies, the Breath attack is made a limited range, RANDOMLY FIRED, Burst Damage Attack. The Sustained Attack of the GD is BELOW the levels a properly equiped Player can do. The RANDOMLY FIRED, Burst DAMAGE Attack, is the random factor that MAY change the course of events to favor the tamer. THE OVER ALL PICTURE IS Balance.

YOU cause all of this, with the never ending whining and crying about tamers and their pets.

Two catagories,

The Category as PROVEN to exist by a player in the other therad. I DON'T WANT TO PvM SO TAMERS HAVE NO PLACE TO BE in PvP OTHER THAN MY PUNCHING BAG/TRAINING DUMMY.

The Category as PROVEN to exist bgy almost every whiny, crying post. I HAVE MY FAVORITE TOYS, THEY ARE KILLING ME BUT I REFUSE TO CHANGE THEM. INSTEAD I WILL CRY ABOUT HOW OVER POWERED A GREATER DRAGON IS.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK, that if EA/M's RIGHT HAND NERFS TAMERS AGAIN to be YOUR Punching Bag, YOUR TRAINING DUMMY, that EA/M's LEFT HAND WONT SWING THE SCALES AGAIN?

Same everyone the Trauma, LEARN HOW TO DEAL WITH TAMERS THAT HAVE GREATER DRAGONS. DO NOT LET THE OSCILLATION (AKA SINE WAVE) CONTINUE.

Note 1: Displaying the Pets Numbers, simply drove the Tamers to always cycle up their pets. This means for PvP that instead of facing the NORMAL RANGE of a MoB you are ALWAYS FACING THE BEST OF THE BEST. YOU MADE THIS HAPPEN, ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY.
Everyone has been nerfed. Get over it.

There is no more 4/6 casting. No more archery deathstrikes or weapon skill mages. There are caps on everything from damage to stats to regen.

It isn't just tamers.

The difference of course is that the greater dragons are new. They haven't been balanced yet but it is coming...

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GREATER DRAGONS WILL HIT PLAYERS WITH OUT OPPOSING SLAYERS AND WITH 70 FIRE RESIST FOR 60 DAMAGE FROM MANY SCREENS AWAY.

It is proven, do I need to make a video? Please tell me what possessions you have on your shard so we can make an appropriate bet, im sure its nothing compared to what I possess as my assets are worth over 150 mil on siege and that is worth 5 times more. So please PM me so we can get in order.

I know a good broker for this sort of thing too.
YOU really do need to work on IMPROVING your premises.

Fine WASTE YOUR TIME, make a Movie (you know FABRICATE IT) of being hit by a Fire Ball by SOMETHING OFF SCREEN. Be my guest.

Let me INSTRUCT YOU ON WHAT THE REPLY WILL BE.

In your movie, PROVE the Magic attack (VISUALLY) was created by a Greater Dragon.

YOU wont be able to and CAN NOT. You will then revert to your standard Day Care Psycho Babbe rhetoric that may IMPRESS your peers but just puts a sign on you that SHOUTS how you have nothing of value to say.

THAT IS EXACTLY HOW IT WILL GO.

But DO NOT let that stop you from propagating your fantasies about how a Greater Dragon can Target you and INSTANTLY KILL YOU from 100 screens away and YOU NEVER EVEN SEE IT.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone has been nerfed. Get over it....
Thats it? That is the best you can do? Then compare baby nerf's to what YOU caused to happen to tamers and NOW YOUR CRYING because they got some loving THAT YOU CAUSED THEM TO NEED?

That is the best you can do?

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point is the 70 dmg Fire Breath attacks are double the damage cap in PvP. It's also common knowledge that creatures in game do not follow the same line of sight rules as players do, so when you combine Fire Breath with continual casting even after LoS has been broken, it does become an issue.

QUOTE]

Correction : Against 70 fire resist, the max damage a firebreath can do is 60.

M

MoonglowMerchant

QUOTE]

Correction : Against 70 fire resist, the max damage a firebreath can do is 60.
I tell you what. I'll put on 70 fire resist and have a friend sick a greater dragon on me. If the breath ever does more than 60, you never post here again. Deal?

K

Kith Kanan

Oh, you mean all your post, well 99% of them are invalid for the name calling as Trammie, Lamer Tamer etc you do?

That is just priceless.

Oh and it isn't like this is a post that has any other merit that to accomplish this
and the muppet of the moment award goes too EnemaMuppetbaby !!!!!

A

archite666

Exactly, my video will show me and a friend in the middle of nowhere he will all kill me and i will run and the video will show the fireball hit me for 60 period.

Stop whining.

By the way, when you gonna tell me what you own? You probably dont even play this game, probably one of those people who just enjoy making ignorant arguments for no reason.

You and this other guy named vyal are the most near sighted silly people I have ever had the displeasure of reading the random babble coming from your hands.

He claimed siege perilous sucked, that he trained his character in 2 days and killed everyone, real fine and dandy except we have caps on skill gain on siege and thats impossible.

You claim the fireball doest hit people from far away, when I have 1 v 1 tamers all day and it happens all the time, I guarentee you I play this game alot more than you.

So prove me wrong, show me what you got on your shard, in fact which shard do you play on?

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Of course you are right and i am wrong after all you were there and i wasnt.

Whatever the type of attack was from the GD, I was fighitng 2 tamers with no magery adn 2 archers with no magery and we were way north of Brit gate.

Dont yo see some sort of flame damge on your Char when the firebreath hits you? Not sure what you see, but I see the fireball leave its mouth and then you are about 60 to 80 HP down. and btw, i did try it withthe terathan slayer weapon and it did do 85 damage. after that i tired it 4 different times wihtout the slayer weapon and it ranged from 56 to 65 hp in one hit.

We fought for about 10 minutes befroe I died and ther were no stealthers around, but to verify I checked my journal to see who attacked me and it was only the 4 of them.

I have been playing this game since 1997 so I think I know a bit mroe about PvP than you.

I also have not once ever complained about tamers and thier pets, this is the first time and only because they break the PvP one hit damage rules set inplace by EA/Mythic.

No matter how long any of us try to explain it to you, you will never understand, and thats ok too.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats it? That is the best you can do? Then compare baby nerf's to what YOU caused to happen to tamers and NOW YOUR CRYING because they got some loving THAT YOU CAUSED THEM TO NEED?

BTW, of all the posts here, you are the one whining and crying. You may want to brush up on the english language and refer to a dictionary before you post.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Let me ask you this.

Was word of death too powerful? If not, why was it nerfed into oblivion?

What about before AI and Crits were capped? If not, why were they nerfed?

And he is correct, every template has had it's share of nerfs including tamers.

But that still does not take away the fact that they break the UO imposed one hit damage cap.

And you may not know this but back when they introduced Eval Int to go with magery, it was broken to where yo could not gain above 97 for more than a year. I macroed (it was legal then) for 6 weeks straight and didnt get any gains at all.

What about Magic Resist, it was one of the hardest skills to GM back then. IT took well over two years to GM it and now its almost as usless as the GM's in this game.