• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 97 Comes to TC1

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I said before they are still tweaking the time it takes to train. Giving feedback would be helpful. He's not on TC yet, I just tamed a dread spider...fun stuff! But until they get further feedback on the length of time it should take to train they can't do much.

Like I suggested, maybe an hour to 10 or 15% and slow down the gains after that..the higher you are the harder to gain, makes sense...like 1% every hour up to 30..then longer...any thoughts?
It needs to be Fame based.
Level 1-5 3000 fame per level
6-10 5000 fame per level
11-20 10000 fame per level
21-25 15000 fame per level
26-30 20000 fame per level
31-50 35000 fame per level
51-60 45000 fame per level
61-75 60000 fame per level
76-80 80000 fame per level
81-90 95000 fame per level
91-100 100000 fame per level

Roughly 200 greater Dragon kills.

A tracker needs to be added to show progression over the % based.

Skills should be able to be added per 25% not 100%

No one wants to train a pet for 6 months to be not as strong as a fresh trained dragon cause it's cool looking.

This is exactly why I advocated for starting very small and getting input. Now it's this MASSIVE system that's going to take hundreds of hours to test..doesn't make sense

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You definitely can!
So, have y'all looked at the training gain problem yet (NO movement past 1%) ?? As of the time I finally got smart and quit trying, NO ONE had gotten above 1% . I would love to continue to help test the changes out. But....

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, have y'all looked at the training gain problem yet (NO movement past 1%) ?? As of the time I finally got smart and quit trying, NO ONE had gotten above 1% . I would love to continue to help test the changes out. But....
Actively working on a solution, when the next full build of Pub 97 is available on TC1 you'll see a message on UO.com

Thanks for testing!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How did you get this ability on the Unicorn? I thought we had to do the training before that? Rate I'm going it's going to take about 6 months to reach 100%!
After Kyronix fixed the gain system, me and Keith were out killing tigers and he popped up on me to see how it was going...still stuck at 1% we were talking about the length of time it was taking to gain and he bumped up my pet to 99% and had me kill something to lvl it up so I could test the next step. He's done that with a few people 's pets. Once I added the Explosive goo and Angry Fire and more HP I began the second round of training and am stuck at 1% again :/

He said the most important thing right now to give feedback on is length of time we feel it should take to train.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Have they changed it yet where the player also gains taming and lore while training / fighting with the pet?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

As a note, without seeing any of this yet. You should be able to lower skills or set a maximum if you want. If you could not handle a 5 slot pet, but your pet trained into a 5 slot and you couldn't get it back down to 4 that would be a problem for some..

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Just out of curiousity, what happens when you've got 2 pets out, say a 2 slot and a 3 slot, and either one upgrades to require an extra slot? If I remember correctly, currently, if you accidentally end up with 6+ follower slots in use, the pets very quickly lose loyalty. It'd really suck to spend that time training a pet such that it improves, only to then lose it because you're now over the slot limit.

Also, this might be opening a can of unbalancing worms, but just brainstorming... what if a new "+1 pet control slot" armor property could be found on armor?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I think it needs to be tested (the skill gain) but I also don't think it's working correct yet. As for ore publish pets. I don't know I don't have that many pets. All my dreadmares went from 3 to 4 so far. None have stayed at 3. All rated 2.5-3.5
That is ****ed up.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I.e.: If a gargs pet is about to die, tlhe can't do much about it. A human/elf tamer with a 5 slot mount can take it immediately out of combat by mounting it and riding it to safety.
Recall and takes pet with them.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just out of curiousity, what happens when you've got 2 pets out, say a 2 slot and a 3 slot, and either one upgrades to require an extra slot? If I remember correctly, currently, if you accidentally end up with 6+ follower slots in use, the pets very quickly lose loyalty. It'd really suck to spend that time training a pet such that it improves, only to then lose it because you're now over the slot limit.

Also, this might be opening a can of unbalancing worms, but just brainstorming... what if a new "+1 pet control slot" armor property could be found on armor?
I thought about that as well. I took out my dread mare and started the "training" process. He went from a 3 slot to a 4 slot pet immediately. If I had taken my nightmare out at the same time (before starting the training on the dread) that would have given me "6 slots", with a limit of 5.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is exactly why I advocated for starting very small and getting input. Now it's this MASSIVE system that's going to take hundreds of hours to test..doesn't make sense
Yeah, I'm excited about this content, but couldn't agree with this sentiment more. My perception is that this system is coming because the developers are trying to accommodate the wishes of the player base, but we've asked for details since this was first announced and been given nothing except some incorrect information. You're not attracting a big increase in player base with this so you better treat all your paying customers as the most important stakeholders and at least gather your requirements from them.

On the other hand...the strategy may be just to put in place a system that will cause mythic tokens and pet bonding potions to fly off the shelf.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix Are any of the dinosaurs going to be rideable?

*crosses fingers for triceratops*

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That succccccks! :( Should be 3 at least. Thanks for looking anyway..
We aren't opposed to upping max slots on certain pets, if there's something that you think should go higher pop on over to TC1 and let us know! Happy to consider it! :D

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In reguards to the idea that if your out with max slot number of pets and one should gain to make it over the 5 slot pet limit that a warning be given and they will have the option to stable one of the pets auto before it goes wild or poofs.

Diamonas

Journeyman
So anyone else here see the problem of AoE Spamming High HPR and MPR pets with detect hidden as skills for PvP?

Or is it just me?

Siege is in for a nightmare of a time.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
All pets have detect hidden..it just never showed before. I asked Kyronix about that last night.

The regen is interesting...but it also depends on the amount of skill points you have and how much you're willing to spend on a certain skill.

I did take a ss of one of the gumps, looks familiar no?

GooGump.jpg

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can you please make ss of resists and skill cap boost? Is it possible to make pet in all 99% resists for example?
It is NOT possible from what I have seen. I have been able to raise some to 80% but that has been it. Sorry no SS but it disappears when you "use" all the points.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We aren't opposed to upping max slots on certain pets, if there's something that you think should go higher pop on over to TC1 and let us know! Happy to consider it! :D

MAKE BATTLE CHICKEN LIZARDS TRAINABLE!!!!

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It would be much more interesting if they brought back a chance to tame some LTO tameables (bane dragons, dread mares, etc) just so that we can see pre train and post train stats. Hell, even if it's just on TC1 I think this would be an interesting thing to research

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It would be much more interesting if they brought back a chance to tame some LTO tameables (bane dragons, dread mares, etc) just so that we can see pre train and post train stats. Hell, even if it's just on TC1 I think this would be an interesting thing to research
Great idea imo... what do you think @Kyronix ... even if y'all did not let them spawn somewhere ya could add a "vendor" for them.. just a thought.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait a miniute, this is the patch notes for publsh 97.. but i do not see any bug fixes about the previous patches, or are you just purely introducing more bugs on this patch???

i.e missing armour inherent bonuses on descriptions of armor from prublish 81!!!
Updated Publish 81 Notes – Ultima Online
http://uo.com/2013/02/08/updated-publish-81-notes/
Are we going to have to log onto test centre and run around poisoning every single animal we see people trying to tame as a form of protest or what?

As that is what this has come to.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I am wanting to see this Dragon Wolf personally :)
The art for the Dragon Wolf has been in the client forever; they were added with UO:SA, and announced with the list of all the other UO:SA mobs, but never actually made it into the game. I don't have the image handy, but it walks on two legs, and kind of has a flared out cobra-type head, with a greenish body, if I remember right.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak . The area damage procs need to get fixed!! Shadow wyrm and dimetrosaur both hit other players and other pets in trammel whe they go off. Wither and area poison both cause these issues. Im sure there is other area spells that cause this as well.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding pet training in the old style; attacking a shadow elemental that wont die. Is this still do-able or not going to work??

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Regarding pet training in the old style; attacking a shadow elemental that wont die. Is this still do-able or not going to work??
Worked on my Dread Spider for a long time doing this never got past the 1%... gave up... his skills were raising nicely though.

So I don't know what exactly we are supposed to do to raise this but pretty well stuck and IMO Please NO MORE GRINDS. It should raise with quality of things killed... IMO ... However you can't base it on "fame" as then you will NEVER be able to raise up some creatures to any higher levels as they simply would never be able to kill high fame creatures... Perhaps it ought to base on the percent of difference in barding ability of the creature you are fighting vs the pet you are fighting it with... the more difficult the fight the more quickly it should gain. Killing stuff that is super easy should give little gain... and perhaps a skill trainer sort of item would be nice. Somewhat like our own skill trainers ... ie the crystal balls from Ter Mur... Perhaps we can have one that works for pet training. Just my opinion. People are going to want to experiment and train up a bunch of pets... so we aren't going to want to take 3 months to train up one pet... that's just ridiculous...

Also MORE STABLE SLOTS PLEASE!!!!!!!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I suppose more thoughts on the matter of gaining it maybe should be also a factor of skill gain on the pet helping along gains in training... and perhaps time it is fighting might be a factor... the longer the fight the more the gains??? So you gain not dependent on just killing stuff but actually fighting... as in life you would learn more quickly the longer you do something... so if the fight lasts .2 seconds and you defeat them not going to learn much... but if the fight goes on for an few minutes you will learn to block and dodge and counter your opponent... so based on the time spent fighting...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Per the latest patch notes:

We have updated TC1 with the latest version of Publish 97 which includes the following changes,
  • Adjusted the training scheme for pets involved in the training process. There is now a Guaranteed Gain System as well as a greater chance to gain at lower levels of progress.
  • Now provide additional feedback to players when their pets gain battle experience, or fail. The messages on TC1 are currently placeholder and will be updated before final release.

Now when my pet fights, I get 2 messages.
Nothing.jpg
IncreaseBattleReadiness.jpg

This is new...but everyone on TC1 is still stuck at the 1% training progress.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With last patch using consume damage immediately cancels itself out. Empowerment and Berserk work ok still.

Kuzan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix with all the changes can you make it where skeletal dragons can be bonded for tamer or necromancer right now the skele dragon system is so flawed and if they were bondable it would fix it. Can't crash walk to far away without them disappearing. Then next question can tinker made golems be bonded and lowered to 2 control slots. How useless they are right now is sad I used to camp elder gazer room with these. The kotl golems is bonded so why not the original . or is it possible to think of adding all the exodus and clockwork juggernauts to a crafting list bonded of course

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Albino Squirrel !!!! I NEEEEEEED my Squirrel killing machine!! Make it trainable to 5 slot (along with other crystal pets if necessary)
5 Slot Albino Squirrels for the win! :cheerleader:

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So does the pet have to spawn with negative karma to learn necro?

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Wait! What??? Dex can be capped at 150? Crap. Is there a limit to this? I can just see now a pvp tamer gargoyle with a 150 dex (insert creature here) chasing at full speed.
Crap
:facepalm: