• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would you tolerate a player harassing another player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah the old freak 'em out with insanity defense. I like it.

Offtopic/ontopic. In my younger days of hellraising I met this guy who before his court date (in lock up) opened the peanut butter packets and stuck the contents down the back of his drawers. He was going for insanity defense. Upon the judge saying something (unsure of what, long time ago) the guy reached his hands into the back of hid drawers and proceeded to wipe his face with the peanut butter.

Not sure how it worked out for him, but decent idea. :)
I gotta remember that...

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I disagree, do not encourage the behavior.

The best action is to do nothing and avoid the person.
I know but that seems not to work for her so I suggested my plan of action for her to follow

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think perhaps the rest of us are sometimes the problem ( myself included) she makes some convoluted, immature, somewhat moronic, attention seeking post. The rest of us feed her needs by responding to her either negatively or positively. I wonder if the best think we could all do is just totally ignore what ever she posts. Make it a uhall sticky rule not to reply.

:) ahhh if life could ever be that easy!!!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.... yeah, having witnessed said "harassment", I agree with her on one part, they did use her real life name as a character name. And then ran around spouting nonsense for a few minutes (stuff like "I hate horses and people who still live with their parents when they're middle age")

But on the flipside of that, had she not responded with "ZOMG MUH NAME AND FACTS ABOUT MY LIFE" it would have just been "Well that guy sure is weird" versus "MUH DOXXIN!"

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.... yeah, having witnessed said "harassment", I agree with her on one part, they did use her real life name as a character name. And then ran around spouting nonsense for a few minutes (stuff like "I hate horses and people who still live with their parents when they're middle age")

But on the flipside of that, had she not responded with "ZOMG MUH NAME AND FACTS ABOUT MY LIFE" it would have just been "Well that guy sure is weird" versus "MUH DOXXIN!"
Yeah, you do have a point there. A person would have no idea that the person was using a real name without this post. Now, of course, the number of people with that info have been increased dramatically. Oops.

Medallia

Adventurer
Ignorance is merely an alibi for the stupid, to dull the inevitable cataclysm of shunning reason.:drama:

I have sat an contemplated on really responding with a dignified response, and argued with myself to really put forth effort in this.....
Annoyance hath gotten the better of me with you and your self pity.
Your loathing and desire for pity from your community of peers.

The need of being the circle of attention, when you cry of being the circle or "a victim".
I played legends, I know you, I know your sisters characters.
If anything need to be said, you are a dramatized A+ Queen of Attention Seeking.
You cry you will quit the game, that you will drop your castles, and spread your belongings.....
How many times have we heard this...... too many to care to keep track....
You bring forth the negative attention upon yourself.
I ask myself, how in the first place would these people or "bullies" get your personal information.
you at one point had to given them personal insight and let them into your business.
1.) you had to have pissed them off and now they are retaliating against you for something they feel you have done to them
or 2.) you are such an easy target and easily gotten to that makes you fun to poke at and get under your skin.:eyes:

You never know when to quit, instead of just following protocol, and paging a gm.... waiting for a response.....email messana......
You have to bring it to everyones attention how you play a victim in harassment and no one in game or your peers wanna do anything to help.

This is where is lay upon you, grown woman.
You have a choice to make, either become the person or play the victim the rest of your life.:ten:

I think you choose to draw this out, don't you think whomever has taunted you reads these posts and strive in their winning
that they have ruined your day and continue to bother you??

Have you really stopped and thought, "Hey, why should I care? So what , they said my name in game, or my families..... Like anyone else should really know who you are and like anyone really gives a damn?"

Because I am about to give you a reality check.....
You ready for this???:next:

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR DRAMA, WE ARE SICK OF LISTENING TO YOU CRY!
GET YOUR **** IN ORDER AND GROW A SET AND MOVE THE FLIP ON OR QUIT UO
EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN BOLOGNA THEY ARE GOING THRU, TO SIT AND HAVE TO READ
YOUR NONSENSE HAS GROWN REPEATIVIE AND TIDIOUS .

If this make me heartless then so be it.
But I choose to be known as Mrs. Moonglow, NOT victim.:ohsnap:

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR DRAMA, WE ARE SICK OF LISTENING TO YOU CRY!
GET YOUR **** IN ORDER AND GROW A SET AND MOVE THE FLIP ON OR QUIT UO
EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN BOLOGNA THEY ARE GOING THRU, TO SIT AND HAVE TO READ
YOUR NONSENSE HAS GROWN REPEATIVIE AND TIDIOUS .

If this make me heartless then so be it.
But I choose to be known as Mrs. Moonglow, NOT victim.:ohsnap:
Wow... just... wow.

Let's see how much drama this creates.

Medallia

Adventurer
If persons would learn to let it be said, then let well enough alone. Then it would end the drama.

Scorn me for putting forth what everyone is thinking and just refrained to say. Pay attention to what people write and
look at the underlines of what people hold back.

If truth hurts, it is what it is...

**** is **** no matter how much you sugar coat it.

Mr. Moonglow

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well I have to agree with Mrs. Moonglow. I have played on legends where the person who wrote this post plays. I currently moved back to Atlantic. But to be honest with you this person is full of drama and likes to start things with other people. so when somebody got even I guess she like to play with victim game. I for one don't think its cool to harass nobody but there is a saying if you cant run with the big dogs then stay on the porch. in other words don't start drama with others and im sure the others wont with you. I don't know how much drama is going over there on legends because the population is low. hence the reason I went back to Atlantic. But you cant feel sorry for somebody who trolls other I have witness myself. so in her case I don't feel bad for her. Im sorry and im not looking to start no drama. But speaking out in what I have seen. Just my 2 cent...

Medallia

Adventurer
I don't know for certain, but i think she's *ponder's the correct word* embittered with Jirel . . .
I'm embittered with no one.
Aggravated what stupidity this woman portraits upon herself. Making herself look weak and vulnerable, what happened to a woman being of empowerment, self worth.
Really have to play the damsel in distress? Cooooomooooooooon...

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys watch that new Jessica Jones series on Netflix?

Robyn and Ruben. Spot on, save for Ruben being the wrong gender.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm embittered with no one.
Aggravated what stupidity this woman portraits upon herself. Making herself look weak and vulnerable, what happened to a woman being of empowerment, self worth.
Really have to play the damsel in distress? Cooooomooooooooon...
My apologies, i was getting the feeling of frustration, of which i would not blame you in the least. :D

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I honestly don't believe she has tried, hence the thread.
True this will pass, and later same thing will happen again. New thread will be started its a endless cycle. I like her, & really feel sorry for her. I feel like these threads are also attention grabbers, since shes not following any advice others have posted for her.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i tell my kids this story to teach them to avoid bullies at school...

let's say someone is knocking on your door. you open it and the person hits you in the face then leaves. the next day they knock on the door again and you open it. once again the person hits you on the head and leaves. day 3 they are knocking on your door again. this time you don't answer the door. eventually they leave. day 4 they knock on your door again but you don't answer. they return a few more times but you ignore them. eventually they don't return.
Couldnt disagree more. The second time you answer the door with a gun or beat the crap out of them. Of course this situation is quite different than what happens in real life.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couldnt disagree more. The second time you answer the door with a gun or beat the crap out of them. Of course this situation is quite different than what happens in real life.
you americans are soo violent with all your guns.....in canada we would just hit him back with the hockey stick that ever good canadian has behind their front door. ( ya never know when a road hockey game will break out and ya gotta be ready

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Then the police would get called. The person who punched you gets charged with Assault, and you get charged with Assault with a deadly weapon or attempted murder.

Doesn't really work out well for you in that situation, would have been better to stick with what Angel said ;)

Meeting violence with violence is never the best plan.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you americans are soo violent with all your guns.....in canada we would just hit him back with the hockey stick that ever good canadian has behind their front door. ( ya never know when a road hockey game will break out and ya gotta be ready
I have no issues using a hockey stick instead. Always been more of a hands on person anyway :) I'm also a Canadians fan as well (grew up in Vermont literally last town before entering Canada!)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then the police would get called. The person who punched you gets charged with Assault, and you get charged with Assault with a deadly weapon or attempted murder.

Doesn't really work out well for you in that situation, would have been better to stick with what Angel said ;)

Meeting violence with violence is never the best plan.
Incorrect. On my property threatening me= Protecting family and self. If lethal force is required then it is. Mind you all posturing aside I am a very passive person. Infringe on my safety or family s safety and the consequences are severe.

Sometimes violence is the only thing some people understand. Unfortunate but very true.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mind you none of this has to do with the OP. The things that are being complained about don't even come close to warrant a violent reaction. Giggles maybe, but not violence

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have no issues using a hockey stick instead. Always been more of a hands on person anyway :) I'm also a Canadians fan as well (grew up in Vermont literally last town before entering Canada!)
Blunt objects are always a better choice. You can hear the *crunch* that way.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Incorrect. On my property threatening me= Protecting family and self. If lethal force is required then it is. Mind you all posturing aside I am a very passive person. Infringe on my safety or family s safety and the consequences are severe.

Sometimes violence is the only thing some people understand. Unfortunate but very true.
Yeah but in her instance she was talking about kids, so yeah....you answer the door with a gun, threatening a kid I don't care what state you're in. You going to jail. And probably losing your kids.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah but in her instance she was talking about kids, so yeah....you answer the door with a gun, threatening a kid I don't care what state you're in. You going to jail. And probably losing your kids.
well obviously if its a kid the response changes. I'm speaking of actual threats. I'd just call the little snots parents.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you all should be careful....she might start "doxxing" ( is that even a word?) you all.....and then turn violent!

JDs

Adventurer
Hi, long time reader. First time poster.

I don't understand why so many people are giving this person advice to ignore the bullies and then slamming the person for creating drama. Gladly she has ignored the bullies here.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you all should be careful....she might start "doxxing" ( is that even a word?) you all.....and then turn violent!
The only reason people don't know every detail about me is nobody cares. I post every thought I have somewhere online, almost always under the same username, which has been linked to the real me for years.

But nobody cares!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I don't understand why so many people are giving this person advice to ignore the bullies and then slamming the person for creating drama. Gladly she has ignored the bullies here.
This thread is not the only one about this topic, the reason people are frustrated in this one is because this is probably the 20th thread from the original poster within the last few months about pretty much this same topic. The first 5 or so threads people tried to be helpful, but after that they are pretty much all out of patience since the person asks the same questions every time even though they were given answers the first 5 times.

It's pretty much the pent up frustrations of everyone seeing the same type of thread show up from the same person every couple weeks.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

OMG that is hilarious......time to get the IP sniffer out cause I could never guess who this is!!!!

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bottom line is who has the most stamina ? The person harassed need only shut up and ignore the jerk;if you don't give him a response, he will get tired and go away eventually. Life is too short .turn off chat and ignore the " A"\ Hole

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread is hilarious considering the OP threatened to "Doxx" me as well as others. I dont even KNOW the OP besides these posts on Stratics.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Look. I am very concerned with any sort of bullying. In particular,on the issue of cyber bullying, my former Stratics team mates will testify to that.

There is a line between heated discussion and intimidation and bullying. We have all seen instances where awful, hateful attacks on some form of social have ended in disastrous consequences.

Jirel is a wonderful member of this community. She just has some funny ideas about how things work in life. No amount of legislation, ordinance, law or police can keep everyone safe. At some point an individual has to care for themselves and not depend on others to fight every battle for them. Those lessons come with time and experience, thought and discussion. They can not be force fed.

I wish everyone peace and happiness.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
i tell my kids this story to teach them to avoid bullies at school...

let's say someone is knocking on your door. you open it and the person hits you in the face then leaves. the next day they knock on the door again and you open it. once again the person hits you on the head and leaves. day 3 they are knocking on your door again. this time you don't answer the door. eventually they leave. day 4 they knock on your door again but you don't answer. they return a few more times but you ignore them. eventually they don't return.
You opened the door twice??? lol I yell through the door at people the first time they knock. Unless I ordered pizza this person is probably just a pain on some level. That insane hermit approach works well.

JDs

Adventurer
sniffer out cause I could never guess who this is!!!!
You sound like a bit of an IP sniffer. I bet you are wrong, I am not Jirel. I am just a concerned citizen that doesn't like bullies. Hang in there Jirel don't let the bullies get you down.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This thread just keeps getting better. Keep it coming! :drama:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I remember being harassed by a poster in some forums once who kept posting about the same topic over and over for months.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If posting about the same topic over and over qualified as harassment we'd be shutting this down! It seems every other thread for awhile was EC v. CC, UO is dead, or Shard mergers..... And now that I have stated this some A$$HAT will probably crank one out. So blame me this time. :party:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is anyone playing in the EC still??? sheeeesh...

Nah, just kiddin, had to do it for Varingian's sake ;):gee:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am a player currently being harassed by another player and I'm fixing to rage about it right here!

This player continually asks for advice. I give her advice, and she goes and makes a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th thread asking the same question in 20 different ways. It goes without saying that she continuously ignores my advice, and the advice of others, so I am feeling rather harassed and trolled by this person. She is clearly telling me my advice sucks, and I'm really starting to get my feelings hurt over this.

/endrant

JDs

Adventurer
"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. -Dr. Seuss"

*schedules some one on one time for Giggles with the good doctor*

Status
Not open for further replies.