NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86.3 on TC1

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
Super excited for the new UI, almost more than the global loot.

Reactions: DJAd

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
This is a bug. Two facings of the empty/full versions are not dyeable with the furniture dye tub. We'll fix it!

@Dot Warner - they partially hue, just the countertop part
@MalagAste - you can pour water into the sink from a water pitcher.
Please do. Thank you Kyronix for clarifying.

Oh and @Kyronix I also want to add I give it an A+++ That you all made it able to be turned ALL 4 Directions! That makes me VERY happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viquire

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 30, 2009
The new VvV banners: Vice
http://i57.***********/1zno7py.png
http://i58.***********/f2najc.png

Order of appearance: Covetous, Deceit, Despise, Destard, Hythloth, Pride , Shame, Wrong

I like the Hythloth one the best.

Virtue:
http://i57.***********/24ovus9.png
http://i59.***********/kcnup1.png

In order of appearance: Compassion, Honesty, Honor, Humility, Justice, Sacrifice, Spirituality, Valor

Reminder: The banners are 10k points each + shard bound. Meaning in order to earn them/buy them you have to get it from the shard you want them on. Pretty darn nice deco rewards.

Last edited:

polanco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 22, 2011
Can anyone post the vice red and virtue blue hair dye colors?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Plunder Island
The new VvV banners: Vice
http://i57.***********/1zno7py.png
http://i58.***********/f2najc.png

Order of appearance: Covetous, Deceit, Despise, Destard, Hythloth, Pride , Shame, Wrong

I like the Hythloth one the best.

Virtue:
http://i57.***********/24ovus9.png
http://i59.***********/kcnup1.png

In order of appearance: Compassion, Honesty, Honor, Humility, Justice, Sacrifice, Spirituality, Valor

Reminder: The banners are 10k points each + shard bound. Meaning in order to earn them/buy them you have to get it from the shard you want them on. Pretty darn nice deco rewards.
WONDERFUL ARTWORK!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 13, 2010
Britain
gl.uorpc.net
@MalagAste - you can pour water into the sink from a water pitcher.
Might want to mention that the bar piece has to be in your pack to be able to pour water into it, other wise it says "Locked down resources cannot be used!"

Any way to make the sink a SOURCE of water, like the water troughs when filled? I think many people would prefer to use these for cooking instead of having a giant ugly water trough in their kitchen! :p

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 24, 2012
Herndon, VA
Might want to mention that the bar piece has to be in your pack to be able to pour water into it, other wise it says "Locked down resources cannot be used!"

Any way to make the sink a SOURCE of water, like the water troughs when filled? I think many people would prefer to use these for cooking instead of having a giant ugly water trough in their kitchen! :p
Unfortunately its an either or, either it behaves like a water trough or it behaves like a water container (barrels, tubs, pitchers). We thought more choice is better, so you can have an empty and a full version. You should be able to load it up with water like the other water containers.

I've always though the water troughs make nice dish tubs hehe.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Beware that when you fill the bar section with the sink, while it's in your backpack, it falls out of your backpack and lands right on top of your character. Same thing happens if you put it in your character's backpack to empty it with an empty pitcher, i.e., the emptied bar section falls out of your character's backpack and lands right on top of it.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 14, 2012
-Random +10 Scroll of Transcendence

Is this a typo? :eek:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 13, 2010
Britain
gl.uorpc.net
Unfortunately its an either or, either it behaves like a water trough or it behaves like a water container (barrels, tubs, pitchers). We thought more choice is better, so you can have an empty and a full version. You should be able to load it up with water like the other water containers.

I've always though the water troughs make nice dish tubs hehe.
Hmm... As a water container... It's a bit useless though, not being able to be interacted with while locked down and all. Who wants to have to have to retrieve the thing each time they need some water? Then have to lock it back down. Over and over. Do you honestly see someone doing that? o_O

Empty and full versions are nice, don't get me wrong, it'd just be nicer if it was actually useful.

I currently use a water trough for a sink in a few homes, though I'd prefer having a sink that didn't look like it belonged in a manger. :p

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sep 18, 2003
Canada (ya, there is snow)
still waiting on the official word on the War Horses?
ive had mine since day one, i would be rather upset for them to leave.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 30, 2009
still waiting on the official word on the War Horses?
ive had mine since day one, i would be rather upset for them to leave.
Someone already posted that information. They keep their color, they aren't rezable without skill anymore, they aren't tradeable, and they are only tamable by the original owner.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 23, 2009
are finally royal pardons be used once per char and time or not? its important to know because if not, it will broke a healthy and one of the few consumible market we have out there :sad2:

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 30, 2009
http://i59.***********/290spli.png

Reactions: Tjalle

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
WOW! And this is only for the darn PVPers?
PvE'ers get furniture and puppies.
But only PvP'ers seem to get the cool stuff.
If you don't like something, like i don't like PvP, not even extreme cool rewards can make it interesting. It didn't work with PS back then and won't work with this one too...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
The murder count wipe item is a bad idea -- for the reasoning see every thread ever done about allowing reds to come to Trammel and remain red. Was this notion discussed or brought up earlier and I just missed it? This probably was done to allow PKs to participate in the in-town fights in the new system but I'd think there likely were other ways of accomplishing that. Too late now, I'd guess. The consequences of this will be far-reaching.

-Galen's player
I believe it is a great idea but sure it should cost some VvsV points

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
Too many blessed items in the list. I hope these have been altered for Siege. No way to test on the Test Center.

Same with the Royal Pardons. We don't need them on siege. It will only breed more notos.
If only a one times remove, I believe it would be ok. People get older and some are getting peaceful

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2009
do the artifact rewards in the VvV system have the same mods as the old faction artifact rewards? or are they just normal crystalline rings etc.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
I was reading the clean up items as if they were for sale. I thought awesome! It was gonna be lame before! Then I slowly realized it was stuff to turn in lol.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2008
With the removal of factions, will holy/evil dyed items be returned to normal?

Last edited:
Reactions: kelmo

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 18, 2008
Catskills, UO
do the artifact rewards in the VvV system have the same mods as the old faction artifact rewards? or are they just normal crystalline rings etc.
See my post above. They keep the bonus mods the faction versions have now. Also see the section about the new equipment that was added.

Side note: they put the patch notes in the patcher window! Go team go!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
I cannot wait for this!!!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 6, 2013
A sad day for all our T-Hunters :( Removed forged pardons from Slim just to add this new uber pardons?

Not gonna hold my breath for the new system. Everything they put in lately proofed to be perfectly griefable (despise, blackthorns). I just hope this long time on TC1 will not be used as an excuse to not fix the things once they get properly tested on prodo shards.

Reactions: kRUXCg7

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Am I being optimistic to assume a player can't empty my sink with a pitcher and steal it? lol

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, Ya'll
www.kob.org
A sad day for all our T-Hunters :( Removed forged pardons from Slim just to add this new uber pardons?

Not gonna hold my breath for the new system. Everything they put in lately proofed to be perfectly griefable (despise, blackthorns). I just hope this long time on TC1 will not be used as an excuse to not fix the things once they get properly tested on prodo shards.
It is very worth noting that the pardon is shard bound. So, Atl will NOT be seeing a big flood of these anytime soon.

As many doubts as I had about its appearance, I think its popularity will be relatively low to the randomized +10 SoT. That was well played devs. ;)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
I was really sold on us getting a toilet, and we get a bar. Seems they always throw us a curve, lol.

Reactions: kronides

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 12, 2008
Under Your Bed
I'm not sure if this will be fixed with the release of the new AI, but the patch broke Pinco's UI health bars.
Before I could drag players health bars during pvp and they would stay on my screen forever. Now when someone runs off my screen their health bar goes poof as well.
Its not a game breaker, but defiantly annoying during pvp fights to have to re-grab peoples health bars constantly.

Is their anyway to fix this in the short term?

Classic client health bars still stay on screen when the people/mobs leave the area

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
I think the patch server is melting lol. Been waiting awhile now to get in game.

Reactions: Viquire