• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86.3 on TC1

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We'll be constantly monitoring feedback upon release and making future changes as needed.

We currently have no plans to change the cost of the traps or robes, or to move away from a point system.

We've reduced the amount of silver points awarded for successive joins, and artifacts are character bound and only usable while someone is an active VvV player.

Will be released when the publish goes World Wide.

If your guild (or alliance) is the only one (that's allive) in a battle city, you are awarded points towards winning the match.
when will this be hitting Origin?
you guys bumped it last week to get some stuff in but i havnt heard the revamp push date yet?
im gonna guess its wed when i go back to work, haha!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Supposed to be today:

"Due to the fact some last minutes changes were made to Vice vs Virture from player feedback we will not be able to publish to Origin and Izumo today. Since we do not publish on Fridays we will be manually publishing this on Monday afternoon."

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when will this be hitting Origin?
you guys bumped it last week to get some stuff in but i havnt heard the revamp push date yet?
im gonna guess its wed when i go back to work, haha!
Orign just got GM Message that it is going down for maintance in 30 mins... So it should be there soon ;)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why hasn't this been released to EC players for testing? I'm kinda scared that it hasn't, and that the EC will receive another black eye as a result...
I'm not sure either. Knowing the devs I'd expect the EC to be unplayable for the next couple weeks after its released. Meaning UO unplayable for me.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like the patch for the most part. Good job.

Please don't nerf the forged pardons in-game. It has given a lot of life to treasure hunters.
It make alot more sense to me that you have to get your forged pardons from PvP as it was that way you got your murderer counts. Thet are not removed from Treasure Hunders and there will still be some who will buy them. We all know, that little blue guy, who will try to trick your weak char to Felucca and then kill him. He won't be able brave enough to join VvsV to get his pardons as he don't know what PvP is.
I seriously doubt that the "occasional" little blue guy who "who will try to trick your weak char to Felucca and then kill him" will be enough to sustain a solid market for forged pardons as it was.... certainly not now that VvV will enormously reduce the number of murder counts AND "Royal" forged pardons will just erase all counts in one shot.

I fear, like Assia Penryn, that the current changes have nailed the coffin for regular forged pardons and made them unwanted, useless and worthless and this WILL have an effect on Treasure Hunters.

So, I would hope that the developers at least did something to bring to Treasure Hunters something else, wanted in the game, to replace the loss of a market for forged pardons.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont get how people think the regular forged pardons will be useless now. If anything, their value will GO UP.

Think about it, if you only have a couple of counts, you aren't going to spend all that time getting 10k points, and spend it on the forged pardon. Its much easier to just buy a couple of pardons.

PLUS, you are opening up a whole new market for them. People who wiped away their 1000 counts obviously dont want to be red anymore, hence they will need pardons in the future when they take counts. And again, I really doubt someones blowing 10k points on a pardon when they can just buy one for 1-2m.

There is one detail missing in your analysis, but one that will make a whole world of difference whether regular forged pardons will be needed more or much less : VvV..........

How so ?

Because VvV basically does away with murder counts, period. It is way, but WAY easier to become attackable in Felucca now under VvV (orange) and that applies anywhere in Felucca. Furthermore, there is just NO WAY that one can get rid of the orange targeting other then getting killed by a VvV character which, "surprise", will bring NO MURDER COUNT to the VvV player....

This, will result in reds turned blue thanking to "Royal" forged pardons, attacking freely without much problems of murder counts thanking to the VvV system.....

Yes, there "might" still be an occasional kill here and there bringing up a murder count or two, but it will by no means, IMHO, be enough to sustain the number of regular forged pardons currently existing and further spawning in treasure chests.

I have hardly any doubt, regular forged pardons are dead, obsolete, useless, worthless (and this WILL hurt Treasure Hunters)....... UNLESS, the developers do something to mitigate the devastating effects which VvV and "Royal" forged pardons have done to them and their market.

Personally, I suggest changing them into something else that the game needs or could need.....