• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Pinco's the mob bars can be made to update by alternating between 'show mobiles' and 'hide mobiles'
in this way you just destroy and re-create the healthbar, but when the health update is broken you have to restart the client :/

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not technical enough to solve the problem, only find a way to get an updated status on the mob I'm fighting. It's still stuck, but it's stuck at the point where I refreshed the mobile bar. I'm just glad the problem doesn't affect my character or pets.

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
am i the only one who thinks that pinco should go in person paid by EA to meet Bleak and work out some issues. you both do fantastic jobs!

pinco UI has turned the default client on its head. in a very good way.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Pinco for Prime Minister! Sounds perfectly plausible to me... Or is it passingly portentious?...

Maybe that's what they meant by "P's on Earth"? :party:

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A new mini-patch is out:
- Fix the sos problems
- Improve a little the ovarall performance
- Now in the current target shows the distance

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If someone has time, I need to know if this buff/debuff icons works correctly:

Poison Immunity Resistance
Medusa Stone
Aure of Nausea Debuff
Howl of Cacophony Debuff
Gaze Despare Debuff
* Criminal Status Debuff -- > attacking blue npc and being guardhawked for example doesn't trig it.
Splintering Effect Debuff

* = bugged by default.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faction stat loss debuff works properly.
good, list updated :p

those 2:
Heat of Battle Status Debuff
Criminal Status Debuff

seems not working, the new buff icon for the criminal status do not appears to me :|

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For me I get two criminal status debuff icons. One is new, and I assume is the default one now, it doesn't show a time. The other one is the old one and it works properly for me.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me I get two criminal status debuff icons. One is new, and I assume is the default one now, it doesn't show a time. The other one is the old one and it works properly for me.
That's what I'm trying to determine: if a buff doesn't work because the UI blocks it or because it's just bugged by default... Unfortunately right now I don't have the time and the means to test the one I've listed above, so if there are no volunteers for testing I can't do anything about :p

Last edited:

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That's what I'm trying to determine: if a buff doesn't work because the UI blocks it or because it's just bugged by default... Unfortunately right now I don't have the time and the means to test the one I've listed above, so if there are no volunteers for testing I can't do anything about :p
Well the UI isn't blocking the default criminal action debuff icon for me, but it is duplicating it, and the default one doesn't show a time. So what I'm thinking what you need to do is drop your code and your debuff icon, and add the timer code to the code for the default criminal action debuff icon, if you can do that...

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the UI isn't blocking the default criminal action debuff icon for me, but it is duplicating it, and the default one doesn't show a time. So what I'm thinking what you need to do is drop your code and your debuff icon, and add the timer code to the code for the default criminal action debuff icon, if you can do that...
I can't do that since the default one is not working properly...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another mini-patch has been published in order to fix some missing buff/debuff. I've also added the center screen text for disarm.

This buffs is actually untested, so try them and let me know if they works :
Poison Immunity Resistance
Medusa Stone
Aure of Nausea Debuff
Howl of Cacophony Debuff
Gaze Despare Debuff
Splintering Effect Debuff

The Criminal Status Debuff seems not working in certain cases, but this must be fixed by EA :p

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Heat of Battle debuff is showing, with no time.

Perfection buff is showing even though the character has 0 bushido.

Honoured buff continues to show after the target is dead.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heat of Battle debuff is showing, with no time.

Perfection buff is showing even though the character has 0 bushido.

Honoured buff continues to show after the target is dead.
to honor something IS possible with 0 bushido, so it starts perfection, but since perfection increses by (bushido / 10) % per hit, it will not grow...

anyway it's not my doing, I'm just making sure the official buffs appears, if something is not what you expect talk to EA :p

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just giving you feedback. I'll submit it as a bug report. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll see what I can do.
an easy test I used:
go in new magincia felucca (in the middle where you can see many blue NPCs), then attack one of the NPCs and you'll get guardhawked but no icon even if you currently are criminal :)

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've uploaded another patch that fix the locations for the sos (now they should work properly).
There are also 2 more features:
- Mobiles bar and object handle window allows multiple filters
- Mobiles bar now allows to sort the list by distance
- Now you can see how much charges remains on items on the grid view (like the stacks of items), in the list view (under the item name) and in the hotbar (near the amount of items). NOTE: it works on every item with charges (bag of sending, talismans, crafting tools, etc...) and also on the rose of trinsic petals.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to the addition of the function to determine the distance between an object and the player I've been able to change few things on the mobile bar base code that should improve the performance AND reduce the amout of create/destroy operations. This could ease the healthbar problems, so keep an eye on it and let me know :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've uploaded an emergency patch to remove the distance sort and the charges count... seems the client has reached its limit and any new features like this will makes it unstable :(

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Hi Pinco, thanks for the new updates. Unfortunately the GetUses() function will make the client call the UpdateItemProperties* function even more continuing to slow down the EC to a crawl for me. I am having serious performance issues with Pincos already but this is the overkill. Disabling the GetUses made it same speed again. I wish there was a possibility to profile the functions to find out why and when the UI slows down extremely.... BTW: the distance thing didnt seen to help against the health bar bug :-((

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Bleak: can't you give us a millisec timestamp function or any other means to profile the Lua code? I'd love to find out where the bottlenecks are. I have a very beefy machine but still if theres just a medium amount of players or action going on it makes my client extremely choppy... Not sure if it's my end but it's fine with the default ec ui.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Pinco, thanks for the new updates. Unfortunately the GetUses() function will make the client call the UpdateItemProperties* function even more continuing to slow down the EC to a crawl for me. I am having serious performance issues with Pincos already but this is the overkill. Disabling the GetUses made it same speed again. I wish there was a possibility to profile the functions to find out why and when the UI slows down extremely.... BTW: the distance thing didnt seen to help against the health bar bug :-((
just read my previous post, and you'll have your answer :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, I've restored the sort by distance (stable this time) and I've also re-added the items charges, but it works differently:
To see the item charges right click the green button in the containers and you'll see the CURRENT value for 5 seconds. Clicking more times will update the values and extend the time.

There is also a little change on healthbars, check if the bug is gone or everything is worst... I've done the barracoon spawn but I didn't got the bug...

Another note: I'd like to fix the mythic token, but I need one of them on TC for testing, if someone can copy one of them on TC for me would be nice :)

EDIT:
Token found, thanks to Lucas of Europa :)

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.6e
  • Fixed the Mythic Token gump (thanks to Lucas of Europa for the token).
  • Now if you press TAB while writing in chat line, you can switch channel.
  • Added the new exodus monsters data to the db.
  • Added the new exodus artifacts to the db.
  • Added the new exodus peerless keys to the db.
  • Now the bank and backpack buttons on the healthbars will appears only when you can use them.

This patch should complete the upgrade of the UI.

If you still have the healthbar update problem, report what you were doing in the latest minutes before it happen.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.6f

• Now you can see the container contents (items and weight) under the containers gump.
  • Added a new gump for the moongate. This gump allows to set a default location and automatically go there by pressing the button "Default Location".
  • Added the Despise and Covetous Artifacts to the DB.
  • Added a sound for the following message: "Your keen senses detect something hidden in the area...".

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the hard work Pinco, you've put out alot of updates in a short time. It's really appreciated, certainly makes playing the EC more enjoyable.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.6g

• Now on Siege Perilous and Mugen shards, you will be able to see the ROT timer for each skill on the skill window and the skill tracker. The timers will reset everytime you log out.
  • Changed how it works the book recorder: now it saves the file when you close the book and saves only the pages that you have seen.
  • Now you can download the UI Patcher Extended Package that contains all the music files and allows you to re-install the UI without re-downloading the biggest part of the package everytime.
  • Fixed the war forks imbuing info that were missing.
  • The reforge warning no longer appears when you try to repair/alter/recycle an item.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First I want to say thank you for everything you do to make this an amazing UI!

If you still have the healthbar update problem, report what you were doing in the latest minutes before it happen.
I just experienced the health bar update issue again (1st time since Sunday). I was in Wrong, Trammel, fighting a Lizardman Squatter. It had been honored and I used Consecrate Weapon and then attacked. But the health bar did not update the damage, and from that point on, until restart, all monster health bars remained showing at 100%. This was not the first lizardman I fought, it was probably the 5th or so, each fought the same way (Honor/Consecrate Weapon). The only thing I can think of, and not sure if it has anything to do with it, is this seems to happen when dragging a health bar from a monster that is 1/2 screen or more away. The issue also happened to my husband about the same time, we were both in Wrong fighting the Lizardmen, but not the same mobs. He also mentioned to me that he dragged a bar from a mob that was farther away.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First I want to say thank you for everything you do to make this an amazing UI!

I just experienced the health bar update issue again (1st time since Sunday). I was in Wrong, Trammel, fighting a Lizardman Squatter. It had been honored and I used Consecrate Weapon and then attacked. But the health bar did not update the damage, and from that point on, until restart, all monster health bars remained showing at 100%. This was not the first lizardman I fought, it was probably the 5th or so, each fought the same way (Honor/Consecrate Weapon). The only thing I can think of, and not sure if it has anything to do with it, is this seems to happen when dragging a health bar from a monster that is 1/2 screen or more away. The issue also happened to my husband about the same time, we were both in Wrong fighting the Lizardmen, but not the same mobs. He also mentioned to me that he dragged a bar from a mob that was farther away.
Seems like there is something that break the internal update cycle, but I can't fix it... maybe bleak can :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Added a sound for the following message: "Your keen senses detect something hidden in the area...".
hehehe I'd already done that: Sound Manager > Text: 'your keen senses' Sound File Name: 'f_ahha.wav'
:D I guess I better delete that now.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehehe I'd already done that: Sound Manager > Text: 'your keen senses' Sound File Name: 'f_ahha.wav'
:D I guess I better delete that now.
probably it will play both if you don't remove that :p

The new moongate gump should save many people if you learn to use it :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco would you please change the book recorder back or make a toggle so that I can record the book instantly again.

At Busy EM events I honestly don't get alot of time to leaf thru the books.

Thanks!

P.S. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR ADDING THE WARFOK INFO!

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco would you please change the book recorder back or make a toggle so that I can record the book instantly again.

At Busy EM events I honestly don't get alot of time to leaf thru the books.

Thanks!

P.S. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR ADDING THE WARFOK INFO!
no, because the books cannot be recorded at once anymore for some kind of change of the client/server itself...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.6h

• The book recorder files format has been changed into: [<book ID> - <export time>] <Book Name>.txt
  • Now the spells icons in the hotbar with target current/stored, will became disabled if the target is out of range.
  • Fixed the spells/skills target setting in the hotbar, now there are only the possible choices.
  • Now you can set the default agent by pressing the green button near the agent name in the agents window.
  • Added the Scavenger agent:
    • Automatically collect every items added into the list (in the range of 2 tiles from your character) when you activate the object handle (CTRL+SHIFT).
    • Uses the object handle active filter.
    • Make sure to have a secondary Scavenger Agent empty to set as default when you want to turn this feature off.
    • Turning off the object handle will also stop the agent.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Heya Pinco. I really wanna help hunt the health bar bug. If it happens and we have debug logging enabled, is the log also stored on disk?

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was fighting in Wrong (Jan 02, 2013) and here are my details: (I am also posting this in the Bug Tracking Thread you suggested)

Character: Sampire (appx 12:00pm EST)

14 total mobs killed (11 Squatters, 2 Defenders and 1 Cave Troll), all but one was honored (one of the Defenders) and most I used Enemy of One
After the 12th kill I had to go and drop off loot at house on Tokuno, used Sacred Journey to go to Jhelom Moongate, then to Makoto-Jima and walked to house, then used Sacred Journey to return to the entrance of Wrong.
When I returned I attacked my 10th Squatter, but the health bar stuck and never displayed below 100%. The health bar was dragged with the mob 2 tiles from me (it appears our theory of it being distance related is incorrect)
I then killed my 14th mob (11th squatter) in the same way and health bar still stuck until logging out.

Character: Tamer with Greater Dragon (appx 6:00pm EST)

8 total mobs killed (7 Squatters and 1 Defender)
Killed 4 Squatters and 1 Defender.
While killing 5th Squatter another spawned, so I dragged its health bar. Killed 5th Squatter.
6th Squatters health bar stuck and never displayed below 100%, then killed 7th with health bar still stuck until logging out.
Most of these mobs were within a few tiles when dragging their health bar.

I had my debug window open and nothing was displayed.

These characters are two different accounts, not even on the same EA account (though not sure if that matters)

Not sure what other information you might want/need.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was fighting in Wrong (Jan 02, 2013) and here are my details: (I am also posting this in the Bug Tracking Thread you suggested)

Character: Sampire (appx 12:00pm EST)

14 total mobs killed (11 Squatters, 2 Defenders and 1 Cave Troll), all but one was honored (one of the Defenders) and most I used Enemy of One
After the 12th kill I had to go and drop off loot at house on Tokuno, used Sacred Journey to go to Jhelom Moongate, then to Makoto-Jima and walked to house, then used Sacred Journey to return to the entrance of Wrong.
When I returned I attacked my 10th Squatter, but the health bar stuck and never displayed below 100%. The health bar was dragged with the mob 2 tiles from me (it appears our theory of it being distance related is incorrect)
I then killed my 14th mob (11th squatter) in the same way and health bar still stuck until logging out.

Character: Tamer with Greater Dragon (appx 6:00pm EST)

8 total mobs killed (7 Squatters and 1 Defender)
Killed 4 Squatters and 1 Defender.
While killing 5th Squatter another spawned, so I dragged its health bar. Killed 5th Squatter.
6th Squatters health bar stuck and never displayed below 100%, then killed 7th with health bar still stuck until logging out.
Most of these mobs were within a few tiles when dragging their health bar.

I had my debug window open and nothing was displayed.

These characters are two different accounts, not even on the same EA account (though not sure if that matters)

Not sure what other information you might want/need.
How do you drag the healthbars? from the mobile bar, from the object handle or directly by clicking the mobile?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Love the new range related functionality! Kudos and thank you! :)

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you drag the healthbars? from the mobile bar, from the object handle or directly by clicking the mobile?
Sometimes from the mobile bar, rarely from the object handle (only when hunting in large groups or when killing large groups of mobs where I can't see the mobile), but most of the time just by clicking/dragging it from the mobile.

Today's hunting was all from clicking/dragging from the mobile

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes from the mobile bar, rarely from the object handle (only when hunting in large groups or when killing large groups of mobs where I can't see the mobile), but most of the time just by clicking/dragging it from the mobile.

Today's hunting was all from clicking/dragging from the mobile
last question: do you use the legacy targeting mode?

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
The only thing I see in log around the time they stop working is trillions of those msgs: [13/01/03][17:40:27] [Function]: (MobilesOnScreen): MobileHealthBar.HandleMobileNameUpdate()
[13/01/03][17:40:27] [Warning]: (MobilesOnScreen): Warning: Calling 'DestroyWindow' on window 'MobileHealthBar_38172439' has been deferred because this window or one of its children is active.