• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the UI still work with UO Cartographer? I can't get it to track me, nor can I find the checkbox associated with it... :(

I don't plan on switching to Ultima Mapper until it has all the same functionality and it's maps don't look like crap.
the cart support is enabled by default since it's used for other purposes too...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm.. Just tried it again, you're right.. yay on that front!

However, entering text into books is STILL screwed up :( You can keep typing below the page numbers, and the book doesn't "auto-flip" to the next page to let you continue writing - pasting text into a book doesn't work either as you can only paste to the first page. *sighs*

If you use the CC to try to READ what was typed in the EC, it is ALL on one line which scrolls off the page. For books where you tried pasting text, there may be multiple lines, but they all scroll off the page.

I'd really been hoping Mythic had actually fixed books. Whatever the "fix" was, it was crap.
I managed to put some tricks in order to limit the text into the proper area and auto-wordwrap so the book will be perfectly readable for CC. I've also added the auto page flip when you reach the end, but currently not works for paste text. However if you paste the text it will cut it for the page you pasted it...

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However if you paste the text it will cut it for the page you pasted it...
Is there any way for your UI to buffer the copied text and parse it out onto the pages automagically?

While being able to write in an EC book and have it be read in the CC will be an extremely welcome change, I need to be able to paste old books back into the game on a frighteningly regular basis. :oops:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way for your UI to buffer the copied text and parse it out onto the pages automagically?

While being able to write in an EC book and have it be read in the CC will be an extremely welcome change, I need to be able to paste old books back into the game on a frighteningly regular basis. :oops:
I still looking for some idea on how to do that... unfortunately there is only the OnTextChanged event that is triggered for every character of your text and makes impossible to determine how many pages you have :(

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm... Can the UI count the number of characters to be pasted? That could give it a rough idea of how many pages total and where to put the in-game page breaks... Though that would probably require the UI to be able to distinguish what is a whole "word" as far as formatting goes, so it doesn't mangle the prose.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm... Can the UI count the number of characters to be pasted? That could give it a rough idea of how many pages total and where to put the in-game page breaks... Though that would probably require the UI to be able to distinguish what is a whole "word" as far as formatting goes, so it doesn't mangle the prose.
no, because it count the character typed. This means that if you paste 100 characters it will get a continuous call of the text changed event for every 100 characters. So you will not know how many are until you reach the last character, but you can't know which one is the last, because you can't know if you have pasted the text or you are typing it...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pouts*

Then we have to harp on the Devs to fix/finish books! *shakes fist*
maybe I just need the right idea :p
I stop hoping in the devs mercy long ago, the only thing to hope for is they don't break more things :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.5

• If you start an honorable combat, the honored creature will have a purple notoriety on the healthbar, target window and overhead name. The properties of the creature will shows the real notoriety.
  • Changed the font on healthbars.
  • Fixed a little problem on writeable books that hide some characters under the turn page button.
  • Chenged the writeable books text area:
    • Now the text will be properly formatted in order to be readable for CC client.
    • When you reach the end of a page, it will be turned automatically (do NOT continue automatically to paste text in the next page).
  • The large stack of silver now is shown correctly.
  • The friend list now allows you to add: ICQ, Email, Twitter and Facebook username for each friend. By clicking one of the usernames, the browser will open to their page.
    NOTE: EC PlaySound must be active in order to open the links.
  • Fixed a bug with the item properties that prevents to see the properties of certain items.
  • Fixed a bug that prevents the change of the background of the hotbar's items.
  • Added 2 new center screen messages:
    • "The GM Has Arrived!": appears when you receive the message "Please enter [ to reply to the GM."
    • "The Server Is Going Down": is shown when you receive a warning of the server is going down.
  • In the context menu of the delay action, you will be able to use "Set Custom Delay" that will allows you to set any number with up to 3 digits after the dot (if you add more they will be rounded) as delay. The old system still accessible with "Edit Item".

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I noticed the new GM thing the other day when I was doing the quests in Trinsic for the banners. I paged a GM and BAM! There was this big thing in my screen! I was like WOW that's cool! Thanks Pinco.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.6

• Updated the character sheet with the new functions:
    • Each city loyalty if clicked allows you to set your citizenship.
    • Left-Clicking the "Citizenship" field allows you to customize your citizenship title.
    • Right-Clicking the "Citizenship" field allows you to renounce your citizenship.
    • Added the Void Pool points.
  • Updated the cache cleaning in order to make the client working better with the latest changes.
  • Updated the map with the new Covetous locations.
  • Added the new Covetous monster's data to the creatures db.
  • Added the player context menu action "Void Pool".
  • Added the "Properties Showing Point" action:
    • This action can be used in hotbars ONLY.
    • You can place only 1 of this action in your hotbars.
    • When dropped in an hotbar slot, all the item properties tooltips will be shown over this action instead of the mouse location (even if the hotbar is hidden).
    • Clicking this action allows you to enable/disable the item properties.
  • Changed the font on healthbars.
  • Added a center screen text for the void battle begins and lost.
  • Added the Location Finder accessible from the magnify button in the top right corner of the map:
    • This tool allows you to find a specific place among the default labels.
    • Clicking one of the results will center the map on the clicked marker.
      NOTE: The custom labels are NOT included into the search.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.6a

• Now the void pool area will be recognized as a champion area for the music and paperdoll background.
  • The target details of the monsters in the void pool area will now give ? for bard difficulty and resistances since the value vary based on the wave.
  • Updated the new covetous monsters details in the Creatures DB.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, could we get a toggle for the current book gump to disable it and use the defult one? I love the look and style of the one in your UI, but with the way its presently displaying text (or, rather, not displaying huge chunks of it)...its next to useless :oops:

GL's EMs write a lot of books for our events and I am one of the few people who'd read them all the way through during the event. Right now, I can't :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, could we get a toggle for the current book gump to disable it and use the defult one? I love the look and style of the one in your UI, but with the way its presently displaying text (or, rather, not displaying huge chunks of it)...its next to useless :oops:

GL's EMs write a lot of books for our events and I am one of the few people who'd read them all the way through during the event. Right now, I can't :(
the books still a work in progress I'd like to try another font before give up completely :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

now should be at least readable, even if it's not so nice to see... :(

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate the continued work with the books Pinco, I really do :)

Unfortunately, whatever you did brought back the bug which copies a book page over another :( Although, this time, its copying the last two pages of text when you turn the page (to a black one)

Also, there are still lines not being displayed and oddly broken words/lines in the books I checked.

The Devs really have no excuse for not fixing this issue at this point.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate the continued work with the books Pinco, I really do :)

Unfortunately, whatever you did brought back the bug which copies a book page over another :( Although, this time, its copying the last two pages of text when you turn the page (to a black one)

Also, there are still lines not being displayed and oddly broken words/lines in the books I checked.

The Devs really have no excuse for not fixing this issue at this point.
no, the text is not copied in the other pages, I've tested several time and it's not happening to me.

The actual version just allows you to see the book properly on EC, but at this point I don't care what people see on CC since there is no way to make it works properly unless you don't find the font used on CC...

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, the text is not copied in the other pages, I've tested several time and it's not happening to me.

The actual version just allows you to see the book properly on EC, but at this point I don't care what people see on CC since there is no way to make it works properly unless you don't find the font used on CC...
The last page(s) of the book repeat after you go past the last page.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last page(s) of the book repeat after you go past the last page.
if you turn the pages very fast it can do it, but the code is correct, is just the client that can't get the text fast enough...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.6b

• Updated the UI with the new official features for fishing and "reset locations".

I

ironpino

Thanks Pinco!! Just 1 question; is it possible to get somehow on all your chars the same home made design of your interface? There isn't a way to save it to a file or something like that and load it to a fresh character.. or did I miss something?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Pinco!! Just 1 question; is it possible to get somehow on all your chars the same home made design of your interface? There isn't a way to save it to a file or something like that and load it to a fresh character.. or did I miss something?
you can use this tool to copy the settings between the profiles.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Pinco: First of all thanks for all your hard work. I concur that Pinco's UI should be the default for all players as it is just so much better:

a) One thing I have been unable to figured out: The options mention a CTRL+, CTRL-SHIFT+, etc. option for Hotbars. Since I was wondering if I can make some of my healing spells that target SELF overriden to target CURSUR when holding CTRL while activating it, I thought that this might exactly be what I am looking for? Surely many people have this problem and dont want to duplicate all their spells just for the difference target SELF vs. CURSOR, etc?

b) I have read in this thread about naked people. Yesterday I had the issue that someone in party riding a horse suddenly turned into a naked guy running around without horse. Is that related to Pincos UI?

Thanks a lot!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a) One thing I have been unable to figured out: The options mention a CTRL+, CTRL-SHIFT+, etc. option for Hotbars. Since I was wondering if I can make some of my healing spells that target SELF overriden to target CURSUR when holding CTRL while activating it, I thought that this might exactly be what I am looking for? Surely many people have this problem and dont want to duplicate all their spells just for the difference target SELF vs. CURSOR, etc?
when you set the key binding just press CTRL + button (or whatever combination you want) instead of only the button. You can set every combination except ESC and ALT + F4 (for obvious reasons).

b) I have read in this thread about naked people. Yesterday I had the issue that someone in party riding a horse suddenly turned into a naked guy running around without horse. Is that related to Pincos UI?
no, this is a client bug that exist since day 1.

Last edited:

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are several potential ways to fix the naked people problem.

1) Open their paperdoll. This usually redresses them.
2) Open your paperdoll. This works less often, but may be easier than targeting someone else.
3) Cast teleport, teleport a few tiles away. This usually resets all naked people.
4) Reset the UI (Ctrl-R). This can fix a host of intermittent problems with the EC, except for the dreaded health bar bug.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Thanks so much for the info!

There are several potential ways to fix the naked people problem.
4) Reset the UI (Ctrl-R). This can fix a host of intermittent problems with the EC, except for the dreaded health bar bug.
The dreaded health bar bug? Is this the problem were health bars suddenly show wrong (mostly 100% full) health values?

Usually it goes away after a couple minutes for me. But I can guess it must be extremely annoying in certain situations. Its another EC bug that has no fix/workaround??

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i have found with my beasts or pets if i cast a heal it resets them

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The dreaded health bar bug? Is this the problem were health bars suddenly show wrong (mostly 100% full) health values?

Usually it goes away after a couple minutes for me. But I can guess it must be extremely annoying in certain situations. Its another EC bug that has no fix/workaround??
Correct. For me the bars seem to remain unresponsive until I relaunch the client.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Small question:

You can set/unset trap boxes in Pinco's UI. But where is the functionality to USE the trap box? I don't understand how its designed to work.

Thanks in advance!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
just drag and drop the box into the hotbar and clicking it should use it

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question: Is there any way to keep the new Animal Lore gump, but disable the dumping of a text file to the Logs folder for the animals, whilst keeping it recording books? I wander about looking for good pets to sell and I'm ending up with thousands of files I just manually have to delete...

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Any a second question in the meantime: I read that to get the best possible (read non-stretched) resolution one has to set a certain pixel height of the game window.

But you also have to set a certain zoom level. As I am always zooming in and out for various reasons I'd like to have a "reset zoom to optimal graphics" button. Would that be doable in lua? I can't seem to find code which would change player camera. (i.e. SetCameraZoom(100%)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any a second question in the meantime: I read that to get the best possible (read non-stretched) resolution one has to set a certain pixel height of the game window.

But you also have to set a certain zoom level. As I am always zooming in and out for various reasons I'd like to have a "reset zoom to optimal graphics" button. Would that be doable in lua? I can't seem to find code which would change player camera. (i.e. SetCameraZoom(100%)
because do not exist.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Hey Pinco one quick question:

I have found several uses of the function GetStringFromTid. But I cannot find a description anywhere.

It is used very often as:

if ( senderText == WStringToString(GetStringFromTid(502088)) and SystemData.SourceName == L"") then -- "A special gift has been placed in your backpack."
EnhancePack.SendCenterScreenTexture("artifact")

Now i want to add catch for other phrases like:
"An item has been placed in your backpack."
and
"You have received a scroll of power!"

But I don't know the "Tid" from these strings. Where did you find them?

Many thanks in advance.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are no more working programs to get the tid...

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Pinco. Seems like our wishes were granted. They say they fixed the health bar bug and ghost mob bug with Publish 80.

However, in Pinco the bug still seems to be there (tested with 4.0.29.2). Can you have a look, if you need to update something?

http://stratics.com/community/threads/health-bars.283175/
if the bug still there is because they have not fixed it... probably they think that saying "the bug is fixed" will automatically fix it like a magical formula, like the exposed functions of the previous publish (that was a big joke).

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Hmm. I can't reproduce the bug in Default UI, only with Pinco. I will try more tomorrow.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. I can't reproduce the bug in Default UI, only with Pinco. I will try more tomorrow.
I have tried for a few hours now and I still cannot get the health bar issue in the Default UI, but within 20-30 minutes in Pinco's I get it everytime.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's just because my UI does a lot of create/destroy of healthbars and this will makes the client crazy after a while, so the client still broken.
They did something with a patch almost 1 year ago and this prevents the healthbars to work properly (looks like some kind of flag that prevents the client to request more health data).

anyways, if the fix does exist, you should try on TC because could involve some kind of server side interaction :p

Last edited:

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's just because my UI does a lot of create/destroy of healthbars and this will makes the client crazy after a while, so the client still broken.
They did something with a patch almost 1 year ago and this prevents the healthbars to work properly (looks like some kind of flag that prevents the client to request more health data).

anyways, if the fix does exist, you should try on TC because could involve some kind of server side interaction :p
There are no server changes related to this fix. The issue was related to the timing between when health packet data was requested by the client and the mobile actually being created. Also if you are having issues with the newly exposed functions released with client please provide additional information so that we may resolve them.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Hmmm. So where do we look for the bug now? As I said it is really easy to provoke in Pincos UI. Can we generate debug logs? Or do you think theres a bug in Pincos UI to be blamed?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no server changes related to this fix. The issue was related to the timing between when health packet data was requested by the client and the mobile actually being created. Also if you are having issues with the newly exposed functions released with client please provide additional information so that we may resolve them.
well, there is not an issue with the new functions, they are just not accessible... is like calling unexisting functions :D
easy test:
on the chat line type: /script PlaySoundByID( 1, 23, WindowData.PlayerLocation.x, WindowData.PlayerLocation.y, WindowData.PlayerLocation.z)
result: attempt to call global PlaySoundByID (a nil value)
meaning the function do not exist/is not accessible :p

same happen with getterraintype

about the healthbars: actually when the healthbars get stuck is because the mobile data do not receive updates on the health status, and is related to the continuous healthbars open/close or else the problem will exist immediately on login...

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Pinco's the mob bars can be made to update by alternating between 'show mobiles' and 'hide mobiles'