Cure Rewards

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Sold some vanilla and sugar, but gave most to a friend in the hopes of her getting the top prize:) I made one cure with my Main's name for decor and turned in exactly one cure - got the deed, sash and staff - I am happy:)
wow, just wow.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 30, 2010
CT
Wonders If staff helps in healing with vet..hrmmmm

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Catskills Shard, Town of Minoc
I knew I should have just used this event to gain profit from farming materials.
What am I going to do with all of this sugar now?
Anyone up for baking mass quantities of cookies?
I probably should have done this as well. I still have 2000+ of vanilla\sugar and quite a bit of all the other ingredients.

Reactions: Bon Iver

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
Should I care enough to be extremely pissed or care little enough to not care about
uo? At the moment i am aggravated. It would be easy to sit back and say "its just a
game", but I have no interest in playing "just a game".
If they do not post the individual results or atleast post the amount that was
needed to reach the next tier on each shard, my desicion will be easier. Posting the
totals of each shard is pointless. We already know if we play on a dead shard or a
populated one.
I turned in 503 on atlantic. Having seen that others turned in more on other shards
without recieving arms does not take away the sting, just the loneliness. I can
handle seeing that at 510 i would have gotten the arms. I could then play mad or
upset with myself for not having tried alittle harder. It would also alleviate any
questions of integrity and show that those incharge support their own dessicions and
the results.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Oh yeah, why don't they run a quest in their own Dev department using the same criteria and devs can get points for fixing bugs on their own time and then the same stupid ****** math will be applied to their overall point and only 1 person get the the only raise in their department this year.

Oh yeah and the ones in the bottom have to make a post about how they are lazy and need to GTFO

How would you feel devs if you are faced with the same BS you threw up on us?

Last edited:
B

Baciver of CCC

Disappointing to say the least. I spent 80 to 90% of my available play time working on the cures, turned in over 300..... considering the rewards .. it was a total wate of time. We don't need anymore events like this one. Thinking about it now, the cures with each characters name on it kept as memntos will be thrown out, the staff is really rather useless and I am sadden that we can't (in-game) burn the commendations. It is yet to be seen if the amulet will be of any use, an even if it is, I seriously doubt if it will ever be worth a small part of the effort it took to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Yeah, I've heard a lot of this from many shards now. Turn in 5 and get tier 2, turn in 100-500 for tier 3, 700+ for tier 4.

GL had 11 characters turn in roughly the same amount (between 150 and 200) because we wanted to make sure a large group would set the curve. We all got tier 3...

Since I KNOW nobody on GL made more than 300ish on one char (definitely not 700+, as you'd have to be there for hours a day for many days), I think it's rather apparent that the publish notes lied. There must have been "hidden" scaled thresholds for each tier...or, even worse, ONE person really COULD screw over an entire shard. WTG Mythic!

"Fun" event FAIL. :thumbdown:

As I see it to my opinion, it was a wrong approach to put casual players to compete against powergamers even though they all contribute the same to the game with their subscriptions since this may have deterred from participating several players who felt they did not have a chance to compete given their limited available time to play. But there is also another thing about this Event that I see as a really wrong one, IMHO. We have now, in an item based game where modifiers make the difference in a fight, few people who can sport a unique item like the arms with quite good mods, not cursed nor with any other negative mods affecting them. I see this as an inbalance that may hurt the game should it give an advantage in fights which other players cannot get (if the item remains unobtainable).

This is moreless an issue like the +5 stats scroll, IMHO.

I sincerely hope, that like it was decided with the scroll, that also for these rewards they will be made available otherwise in the future to help all of those casual players who did not feel they could compete with powergamers but who still support the game with their subscriptions.

And please, no longer have in UO competition where casual players must compete against powergamers for unique rewards. The problem I see is not much the fact that there are casual gamers and powergamers in a game, this is inevitable, but while this is not a big problem with items spawning repetitively (eventually also the casual gamer can get the good items and become competitive...), it becomes a problem when an item is a limited time spawn/drop/assigned reward especially, as it was with this Event, when this happens after comparing the efforts of casual gamers versus those of powergamers.

I thought that with the replica items (as well as with imbuing) an effort was being done to help bring all players on an equal footing so as to have a more balanced PvP in UO for more challenging (and thus fun) fights. I kinda think that letting few players obtain unique items which can be meaningfull in determining the outcome of fights contradicts with trying to have PvP in the game balanced and thus challenging for all players, be them powergamers or casual gamers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quickblade

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 24, 2011
Atlantic
We don't need anymore events like this one.
I am boycotting all future global events. This has been a sham perpetrated by two-bit flimflam artists and I'll have no more part in it. Were I a member of the dev team I would be ashamed to be identified as such -for allowing an ill-conceived and poorly executed product to be seen by the public.

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
I agree with popps for the most part. Admittedly i do not know how to type muchless know how use progams (legal or not) to assist my game. I am however what i think he is calling a powergamer. I dedicate 60% of my free time to this game, 95 to 100% for quest for big rewards. Using the Conjures Garb as an example............. I spent and dedicated the time to get 5 luck and 2 nonluck garbs to cover my 7 toons. On the same hand I have 7 fully built and active toons. Those that have limited time usually have limeted toons aswell. However they did have the opertunity to spend the time to obtain a garb for their 1,2, or 3 toons. Even with all of the garbs that were obtained during that quest, it is still a treasured and wanted item that only those that where active for the event were able to obtain straight up.

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 3, 2009
Hokuto(Z3RO)
taka-uo.blogspot.com
This is really killing......... The last five day, I been loging in... Hunting Egg, Raw Yeast and Slimes. Not to mention gardening the plant to produce sugar and vanilla. Did around 500 Cure on Hokuto and got Tier 3 Item. I really feel the people that get pissed would be the Tier 3 people. Come so close yet so far.. Why do they make it a competition??? If they could put like 100 Cure = Tier 1 and Tier 4 = 800 Cure. At least we can see if we can do it, A Choose to play it or give it a pass. Why set only a certain percentage can get it ??? Not to mention someone can write a script to turn in. They can alway run a script to farm resource like raw yeast etc. My next burning QUESTION is do they play it and get a feel how hard this is .... My feedback is the reward system is THUMB DOWN !!!!!!!!!! Lession Learn though If you can't beat the scripter dun take part. You can save some time on other stuff..

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
I agree with popps for the most part. Admittedly i do not know how to type muchless know how use progams (legal or not) to assist my game. I am however what i think he is calling a powergamer. I dedicate 60% of my free time to this game, 95 to 100% for quest for big rewards. Using the Conjures Garb as an example............. I spent and dedicated the time to get 5 luck and 2 nonluck garbs to cover my 7 toons. On the same hand I have 7 fully built and active toons. Those that have limited time usually have limeted toons aswell. However they did have the opertunity to spend the time to obtain a garb for their 1,2, or 3 toons. Even with all of the garbs that were obtained during that quest, it is still a treasured and wanted item that only those that where active for the event were able to obtain straight up.
Yeah the Garb quest rocked, it makes you run all over uo and play red dot tag against everyone else and if you work hard, you get the item you want. I got 20+ luck Garbs and still have 115 yellow crystals and tons of costumes ect. I spent the time and I worked at it and the quest can not be scripted.

I can say that I spent more time on this stupid cure quest and because of RL issue with regard to play time I could not finish with all my cures. They could have changed to a set # and probably everyone would be happy but instead we get ignored. I mean when someone gets tier 3 items reward from 1 cure on one shard and another turn in hundreds on a different shard and get jack n poop, what a great way to piss people off.

Is their goal for the 15th Anni to piss off most players so they can stop supporting this game sooner? I mean WTF.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004

In your example of the Garbs, those where obtainable by simple gameplay and the only competition was against the RNG, it did not see casual players have to compete against powergamers for their drop.

Besides, the Garb effects luck not PvP outcome so, it is not as important as items which can determine the outcome in PvP fights.......

Nonetheless, in that example for the sake of the discussion, sure, powergamers got more Garbs back then but still, casual gamers for the most part could get at least 1 garb.

The current Event is quite different, from start it was felt by many casual players as a deterrant from participating to the Event because they felt they simply did not have the time available to spend in the game to compete versus other players who had the possibility to spend much more time as them in UO.

Yet, and this is what bothers me more, both casual and powergaming players contribute the same to support UO with their subscriptions. Casual gamers should never, and I want to repeat that again, never be penalized for having less time to play in the game when they also contribute to support the game.

Events should reflect this, IMHO, and should offer the chance to casual gamers to also have their ability to get the same drops/rewards as powergamers albeit, perhaps, less in numbers.... That is, following the example for the sake of the discussion, let powergamers get more Garbs but make sure that casual gamers also can get at least 1 Garb to have fun with it when they play UO in their limited time........

Reactions: BeaIank

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010
Now any more remarks to my earlier post about leaving the event drops to the RNG. Least you know you can and will get bent over so no surprise.
Very well! Don't say you didn't ask for it.

Should of been some invasion with berserkers last level attack and the 1 in 25k chance for the prize like the moonstone jewelry drop. At least if I spent one day fighting the hoards dumb luck might have rewarded me. Oh I have some paragon sugar and vanilla for free if anyone is out. LOL. There are other event items I will never obtain for my musuem. Knew once the word was out to start growing plants this item event would not be on display. Hate to have to remove the IOU deed from the museum to make room.

Wouldn't said a peep if the berserker drops in Fel was 1 in 10k chance or 10x the berserker spawn with a true fighting chance goes on there.
RNG is still not the solution for a one-time reward distribution. Do you know why EM quests stink when only a couple of people hit a monster a couple of times, yet snag the most coveted drop? Because of the one-time reward distribution.

A Ricardo-style quest with a chance at a top reward every day for 10 days, fine. An ophidian quest with many spawns and lots of chances over several weeks (but very low odds) at a top reward, fine. But this fiasco of a one-time reward distribution for weeks of work would not have been helped by RNG, nor would RNG have been merely "as bad." RNG would have made it intolerably worse. It's bad enough that players had to turn in a few hundred cures to barely reach tier 3. RNG would have had players turning in 1000 only to get tier 3, and others turning in 20 to get the bracers.

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
I recon the next quest will go as such...... We will all collect the resources and compete against each other trying to sell them till we crash to market completely. The scripters and the 100% dedicated will get the rewards again. Atleast we will be able to spend or time hunting for and selling other in game high end items and will be able to afford the items when they are put up for sale.

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
In your example of the Garbs, those where obtainable by simple gameplay and the only competition was against the RNG, it did not see casual players have to compete against powergamers for their drop.]
Maybe i came across wrong, but that is exactly what i was getting at, minus all the details.

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
sry didnt mean to misquote, or change. this not my thing. I was trying to show the same point.

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 3, 2009
Hokuto(Z3RO)
taka-uo.blogspot.com
Yeah the Garb quest rocked, it makes you run all over uo and play red dot tag against everyone else and if you work hard, you get the item you want. I got 20+ luck Garbs and still have 115 yellow crystals and tons of costumes ect. I spent the time and I worked at it and the quest can not be scripted.

I can say that I spent more time on this stupid cure quest and because of RL issue with regard to play time I could not finish with all my cures. They could have changed to a set # and probably everyone would be happy but instead we get ignored. I mean when someone gets tier 3 items reward from 1 cure on one shard and another turn in hundreds on a different shard and get jack n poop, what a great way to piss people off.

Is their goal for the 15th Anni to piss off most players so they can stop supporting this game sooner? I mean WTF.
Totally Agree with you. Enjoy the Garb Quest alot myself, the way they reward the people who work for it is good. This one Sxxx big time and make people piss because a Tier 3 on this shard can be a Tier 4 on another shard. Imagine spending 5 day and u get tier 3. Everyday spending a good 10hour on it at least. This is a NIGHTMARE!!! how can you beat it if it can be write up as a script for those cheater to run it 24/7???

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
Anyhting that gives an advantage such as the Garb does offer an advantage to PvP. I also am under the impression that the arms were designed to make things more fair. Takes wrestling for the arms to shoot fire ball. Giving those with wrestleing with the same advantage of an automatic hit spell as those with a weapon skill.
Dont want to side track from real conversation at hand. I am pretty sure we are on the same side. No need to pick on me.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010
RNG rulez! RNG = fair on the long run. Always. Statistics is on yar side, hehe
Just to clarify, not nitpick, you're defining "fair" how? That if you log in once a day and do an action once, that sets your chance? That's why I think the Ricardo quest worked well. You could also do a lot of ophidian spawns for a chance each time. I think that worked well also.

The key was as you said, the long run. Many, many opportunities with low odds are best -- not this rubbish of a one-time reward distribution after weeks. If anything ever qualified for a fail blog...

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
You know they could have made it so you roll the dice per cure turned it to get different items and just made the top prize rare roll. At least if I do not win I can blame it on my bad luck or the rng and not some Dev's unilateral wet dream to mess with players that pays for their livelihood.

I mean realllly...... why are we taking this? when we are actually paying to play?

Last edited:

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2007
Nameless Rune, Yew, Great Lakes
In your example of the Garbs, those where obtainable by simple gameplay and the only competition was against the RNG, it did not see casual players have to compete against powergamers for their drop.

Besides, the Garb effects luck not PvP outcome so, it is not as important as items which can determine the outcome in PvP fights.......
Wait a sec, let's not whitewash the problems from the Halloween '09 event. It was fun, definitely more fun than any static event put forth for this arc, however, it wasn't a bed of roses either. Players had to compete with each other to find the essences in the dungeons, many of which eventually became trapped in unreachable locations. Add the fact that their despawn timer was WAY too long, and the event quickly became downright nasty.

Then, to get the garb, you had to drop the crystals on the poor NPCs - but only at certain times of the day when they were afflicted. THEN, after you dumped your hard-earned crystals on the NPC, you could be griefed by a stealthed jackass who drops ONE crystal and gets the garb. Granted, the NPCs could be cured multiple times, but the problem remains.

The Halloween event is still remembered rather fondly.

This event was just a steaming cluster frack from conception to conclusion.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 7, 2008
Nowhere, Fast
I don't really see what the big deal is anyhow. I mean, so the last event went poorly and I didn't receive a +5 stat scroll. Well, I said I would quit unless Mesanna said we'd all receive them. She said we would and I stayed. Then I found out we'd get them by year's end (or possibly next year). Well, that bugged me because that's a fairly long time to wait.

Then this happened. Thankfully I knew enough about events to not participate in this one else I would have been incredibly upset by it all. But the reason I say that I don't see what the big deal is, is because I'm done with it all. I was a fool to think Mesanna or any of the developers knew or cared about UO, but that's alright. I learned something. I know better this time.

So I guess my point is: if you don't like what happened and what keeps happening you have a way to show your dissatisfaction. You can do as I am doing and quit. And maybe if enough people do that, Mesanna and the rest of the team will be fired and who knows, maybe, just maybe someone who knows what they're doing will get hired. Or not. Either way I won't have the stress anymore. There's way too many games out there to be putting up with all this.

Just my thoughts anyhow.

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 24, 2011
Atlantic
So I guess my point is: if you don't like what happened and what keeps happening you have a way to show your dissatisfaction. You can do as I am doing and quit. And maybe if enough people do that, Mesanna and the rest of the team will be fired and who knows, maybe, just maybe someone who knows what they're doing will get hired. Or not. Either way I won't have the stress anymore. There's way too many games out there to be putting up with all this.

Just my thoughts anyhow.
This +1

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
I don't really see what the big deal is anyhow. I mean, so the last event went poorly and I didn't receive a +5 stat scroll. Well, I said I would quit unless Mesanna said we'd all receive them. She said we would and I stayed. Then I found out we'd get them by year's end (or possibly next year). Well, that bugged me because that's a fairly long time to wait.

Then this happened. Thankfully I knew enough about events to not participate in this one else I would have been incredibly upset by it all. But the reason I say that I don't see what the big deal is, is because I'm done with it all. I was a fool to think Mesanna or any of the developers knew or cared about UO, but that's alright. I learned something. I know better this time.

Just my thoughts anyhow.
Yeah, I am really getting to that point with this game as well after 15 years.

The only reason I am not gone yet is because of the people that play the game because that is the one good thing left in UO for me. I hate to waste time nowadays and people that know me would know the reason. Lately thought it seems like I am just wasting my time on this game as far as playing goes.

I mean there was a glimmer of hope with a new producer and it was looking good but in the end it was just another smoke screen to buy more time.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 2, 2008
LS
Very well! Don't say you didn't ask for it.

RNG is still not the solution for a one-time reward distribution. Do you know why EM quests stink when only a couple of people hit a monster a couple of times, yet snag the most coveted drop? Because of the one-time reward distribution.

A Ricardo-style quest with a chance at a top reward every day for 10 days, fine. An ophidian quest with many spawns and lots of chances over several weeks (but very low odds) at a top reward, fine. But this fiasco of a one-time reward distribution for weeks of work would not have been helped by RNG, nor would RNG have been merely "as bad." RNG would have made it intolerably worse. It's bad enough that players had to turn in a few hundred cures to barely reach tier 3. RNG would have had players turning in 1000 only to get tier 3, and others turning in 20 to get the bracers.
I never implied that RNG should of been used for this quest outcome. We all had a real good ideal of what was required for this event and experienced vet players with little time could do the math. That the Ophid RNG was a better example to use for items such as was given at this event. This event should of been some cool deco with animation like a water animated dolphin jumping out of the water for those home ponds.

What makes the EM events blow is taking two steps and dieing to the lag monster and most likely not getting back to your body before decay. Let alone join the fight for fighting chance.

Now give the brain child of this event the same time lines we had with only 5 hours a day to play. See if they want to bet their next paycheck on being able to match any the top ten turn in totals. Like I said in the past take one those comm deed for crafter goods vendors and buy it dry. Then make a dev match the restock of items on the vendor before geting another paycheck and swear the goods was obtained by honorable means.

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
I think unlike previous this was not a day to day event. Atleast on the garb quest you could get day to day results and make your own determination if it was worth your effort and time. I dont think anyone that put for decient effort didnt get a garb. Unlike this event, where you spend a month only to know you failed. Even worse to me personally, not knowing even how close or far away i was. As far as the Ricardo lamp, Spiritualty lamp, lucky leaping boots, 25k turnin point tickets for the previos cleanup brit whats the point, etc. You log on every toon, every account, no skill needed, no armor needed and go get a reward. I am not a fan of gumball machines either.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010
Uriah, read the first post in this thread: cures being scrited | Stratics Forums . It sounds like someone perhaps wrote a script that only went through the entire process of making the cures if only 1 of each ingredient was needed and otherwise pulled out the ingredients and waited for the next puzzle.
I detest scripters as much as anyone, but I have to say, that's not a very efficient script. I only had one, maybe two that were 1-1-1-1-1. Assuming equal probability of each ingredient being 1, 2 or 3, 1-1-1-1-1 is one of 243 possible combinations.

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
The only reason I am not gone yet is because of the people that play the game because that is the one good thing left in UO for me. I hate to waste time nowadays and people that know me would know the reason. Lately thought it seems like I am just wasting my time on this game as far as playing goes.[/quote said:
I cant seem to grasp this quote thing, so sry, But that is word for word, my exact situation.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010
I never implied that RNG should of been used for this quest outcome.
Really. Then why did you say in the other thread:

Just get it over with so they can put out a real event. Something like the Ophid Invasion. A ittle RNG luck goes way farther then making UO play a second job. And they better not pull a "we Dumb" and give everyone that made a half effort and above a reward. Stick to your guns and not insult the players.
Whoops, in this thread you're still a proponent:

We all had a real good ideal of what was required for this event and experienced vet players with little time could do the math. That the Ophid RNG was a better example to use for items such as was given at this event. This event should of been some cool deco with animation like a water animated dolphin jumping out of the water for those home ponds.
If you were not saying RNG should have been used here, then what are you saying?

What makes the EM events blow is taking two steps and dieing to the lag monster and most likely not getting back to your body before decay. Let alone join the fight for fighting chance.
Non-issues because of insurance, if your shard supports it, and the plethora of opportunities to join a fight.

Now give the brain child of this event the same time lines we had with only 5 hours a day to play. See if they want to bet their next paycheck on being able to match any the top ten turn in totals. Like I said in the past take one those comm deed for crafter goods vendors and buy it dry. Then make a dev match the restock of items on the vendor before geting another paycheck and swear the goods was obtained by honorable means.
Beyond the first two sentences, I have no idea what point you're trying to make here.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dec 16, 2010
Quebec
poeple are blaming now on the forums that casual player had a clearly desadvantage compared to the powergamer and I agree it with all the blame right now .They penalize the casual player who do not have same time to play as the powergamer by not giving the casual an item that can make the difference in pvp but just the fact that an item we wont receive anymore in the game, can the devs understand this?. I really hope the sleeves top reward will be dropped in game soon and NOt IN 2 YEARS,. They have done it with the lt sash, glad collar and many other high end event items ,so why not with the sleeves.

when i mean casual player didnt get the sleeves I'm having allusion to the casual who worked hard his a** everyday and have ended having something like 400-500 cure and no sleeves while on another shard someone get the sleeves with the same amount.. or while on the same shard as yours someone turn in 1 cure and get 2 rewards someone turn in 550 cures and get 3 rewards something is broken for sure here devs !! we want a review of the screwed reward distribution equation!

Last edited:
Reactions: neptune1369

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010
poeple are blaming now on the forums that casual player had a clearly desadvantage compared to the powergamer and I agree it with all the blame right now .They penalize the casual player who do not have same time to play as the powergamer by not giving the casual an item that can make the difference in pvp but just the fact that an item we wont receive anymore in the game, can the devs understand this?. I really hope the sleeves top reward will be dropped in game soon and NOt IN 2 YEARS,. They have done it with the lt sash, glad collar and many other high end event items ,so why not with the sleeves.

when i mean casual player didnt get the sleeves I'm having allusion to the casual who worked hard his a** everyday and have ended having something like 400-500 cure and no sleeves while on another shard someone get the sleeves with the same amount.. or while on the same shard as yours someone turn in 1 cure and get 2 rewards someone turn in 550 cures and get 3 rewards something is broken for sure here devs !!
I think it's not just "powergamers," but the very top of powergamers. Plenty of hardcore UOers put in far too much time just to get trifles.

Tonight I'm spending an awful lot of time reading through Stratics. The game is downright distasteful after what I went through for several weeks.

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
I think it's not just "powergamers," but the very top of powergamers. Plenty of hardcore UOers put in far too much time just to get trifles.

Tonight I'm spending an awful lot of time reading through Stratics. The game is downright distasteful after what I went through for several weeks.
I am going to try this again........ I must agree. I dedicate alot of time to uo on a daily basis and i did not get the arms. My attempts were no more waisted than the casual players who may have only had the time and resources to turn in 50 cures. I logged on at server to recieve my rewards. I decided to go back to bed so that maybe i would stop gritting my teeth. I have not logged on to uo, rather i have spent the day trying to figure out how to use stratics. It actually makes me feel a little more at ease knowing that most feel that they got the wrong end of the stick aswell. I dare not log into the game. I cant afford to grind away my last few good teeth.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
Where is everyone Olympic spirit? Participating is more important then winning!

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
Some of us strive to be the long distance jump Gold Metalist. Not the person raking the sand after every jump.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 10, 2007
Where is everyone Olympic spirit? Participating is more important then winning!
:talktothehand: I was looking for a smiley carrying torches lynch-mob style but this is the best I could find.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 12, 2008
Europa/Siege Perilous
Not to belittle anyones work put into the quest or telling anyone how to feel but I think many people would´ve been better of if they´ve had an "I probably won´t get the top reward but it would be nice if I did"-approach instead of an "I will probably get the top reward and if not I´ll be pissed"-approach given the details of the setup that was released before the event started.

But yes I agree, it wasn´t the best quest setup we´ve had.

Hopefully the devs will use the players feedback for future events...

Reactions: Schatzi

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
Hopefully the devs will use the players feedback for future events...
Thats all i ask. It would simply take a Dev to say that they get it and understand. That in itself would put me at peace.

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
Not to belittle anyones work put into the quest or telling anyone how to feel but I think many people would´ve been better of if they´ve had an "I probably won´t get the top reward but it would be nice if I did"-approach instead of an "I will probably get the top reward and if not I´ll be pissed"-approach given the details of the setup that was released before the event started.
quote]
I get what you are saying, but probably has never been a train of thought for me. I do Mel runs, because i could get a CC. I dont do them because i probably wont.

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
quote]
I get what you are saying, but "probably" has never been a train of thought for me. I do Mel runs, because i could get a CC. I dont do them because i probably wont.

Last edited:
Reactions: legendsguy

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 13, 2012
That may be my problem with this quest. I will do Mel as many times as it takes to get a CC. This Quest would be similar to doing Mel 5 times a day for a month, just to loot one corpse.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 10, 2007
I detest scripters as much as anyone, but I have to say, that's not a very efficient script. I only had one, maybe two that were 1-1-1-1-1. Assuming equal probability of each ingredient being 1, 2 or 3, 1-1-1-1-1 is one of 243 possible combinations.
Lemme preface this by saying I have never made a script. But I honestly don't think it would be that hard to script this. Just have something that reads how many you have right, add one... see how many note what you need for it instead... get all done, dump em out. and put the right combo in... doesnt seem like it would be that hard.