• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If the Devs Announced That Scripting Was OK...

• Thread starter Morgana LeFay (PoV)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8

Would you quit if the Devs said they were not fixing cheating?

• Yes - I would cancel all of my accounts and quit.

Votes: 44 24.6%
  • Yes/No - I would cancel some of my accounts and hope they changed their minds later.

Votes: 14 7.8%
  • No - I don't care if other people cheat, I just want to play UO.

Votes: 83 46.4%
  • No - Why would I quit? I am a cheater!

Votes: 38 21.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

So, in another thread, the topic has boiled down to 'how many people would really quit UO if the devs just announced that they didn't care about scripting/hacking/cheating anymore?'

So the question is...if the devs announced that so many people in UO cheat, that they honestly could not put in anything to stop it...would you quit?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would probably depend on their definition of scripting of what is and is not allowed.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Fair enough...but what I am asking here, is if the devs just pretty much said "Do what you want"...would you still play?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A hard question, If I was a PvPer, Which I'm not, I would want a level playing field, So EA allowing scripts would be forcing me to use scripts to compete, I would then quit.

Seeing as I don't PvP, Would I be fine with people being allowed to script mine, lumberjack etc... Yes I would.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would. At least to see how it really affects the game. I don't primarily PvP so not sure how it would truly affect the non-PvP aspects of this game.

However, one possible negative affect would be pushing everyone else to quit which would then make me quit due to the even lower populations of the shard :p

So I would have to pick option 5: I am unsure.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A hard question, If I was a PvPer, Which I'm not, I would want a level playing field, So EA allowing scripts would be forcing me to use scripts to compete, I would then quit.

Seeing as I don't PvP, Would I be fine with people being allowed to script mine, lumberjack etc... Yes I would.
An excellent honest response.

B

Bullseye_of_Atl

I voted the top choice...here's why. For a company to quit and and not continue to try, especially one as big as EA, would show they don't care.

It would be the same as if you didn't love yourself, how can you love anyone else.

I could hang up UO with no looking back, if they chose that route. Nor would I purchase anything else from them either. I've seen the economy go from decent, to being a down right joke.

As long as they show they are rtying, I'll still be here.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kind of none of the above...

If it were okay, it wouldn't really bother me, at least as of this moment. I don't PvP (unable to and don't have the paitence to start up on a new shard), I don't buy or sell resources. Scripting doesn't affect me directly so it's no real biggy. The only thing that would change is I would probably script skills that are too tedious for me to train manually.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scripting is what makes this game great. Hands down, if they blanket ban scriting, I will shut down 4 of my 5 accounts.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scripting is what makes this game great. Hands down, if they blanket ban scriting, I will shut down 4 of my 5 accounts.
...? Automated programs that allow you to do actions without actually doing them makes the game great...? So you essentially just like watching people to play the game?

Pay for my subscription and I'll LiveStream me farming resources.

Nails

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oops i voted for the wrong category. i did not mean to vote for the first category of i would quit if they decided not to ban cheaters etc. again - you have the vocal stratics folks that frequent here the most. But lets see what happens

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...? Automated programs that allow you to do actions without actually doing them makes the game great...? So you essentially just like watching people to play the game?

Pay for my subscription and I'll LiveStream me farming resources.
It's possible they enjoy the bonuses scripting gives, E.g selling the resources for GP that lets them buy real estate or fancy rares. I assume the actual pleasure isn't down to watching a robot. *grin*

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would have to observe the chaos that ensued before I made a decision.

I won't say that I encourage scripting for everything. In PvP, or so I hear as I don't PvP at the moment, it is devastating to the playing field. Script looters used to dominate (and still can at EM events and certain places.)

However, the monotonous repetition that is required to build some skills up.. well, I don't hold that too high on a list of severe issues.

Its an iffy issue to me.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morgana, you must be really bored today.

Stop and think.

Electronic Arts is a publicly held company. There's just about zero chance they'd ever make an announcement that they've given up trying to control the cheating in their oldest MMORPG and are just going to let the cheaters take over. Not only would doing something like that tarnish the reputation of their other current and future games, but, perhaps more importantly, it would cause a nosedive in the price of company stock. There's no way anyone at EA would let something like that happen.

U

UOKaiser

I don't think anything would change. Those who would do already. Those who don't probably don't even use UOA macros let alone 2d or KR macros so they wont bother. Those who start won't use it for PVP as scripts are useless in PVP. those with fast computers and connections won't need a speed hacking program to speed up ther packets they probably already know how to do it using there own system anyway so the program is useless. So who knows probably still not enough to notice. Duuping those who find the bugs to dupe already dupe and most otheres never find out how to dupe anyway when theres a patch velnerability. SSo yea i doubt there would be too much change other than the forums being flooded with complaints wait thats usually what happens so yea nothing much changes.

But yea thats as likely to happen as EA voluntered to give each UO player a 10 dollar refund for no reason.

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think that answering this really matters to the Dev's to be quite honest. Scripting has been going on since day one.
I really dont think it matters whether or not you script. If you screw with the server side of the game then yes that would be wrong. I dont see anything wrong using a third party program to help you along. If you want to play rough, or gain a skill faster its your money that you spend each month. I also feel if you are using the third party program you should be attended, just like using uoassist or anything else that aides you in the game.
What I find quite amusing is that people complain and whine about how people cheat, when meanwhile its a catch 22. The devs go and fix something and thoes same people who complained come back crying AGAIN!
Examples, house placements (now they complain about the timer), colors that are too bright (they made the colors dull now they complain its too dull) and new to the neighborhood with mystic spell plague not doing damage on the first shot (now people will complain they died because it didnt work the way they wanted)

I am not in support of duplication, checks, items etc etc. If you have them fine. Not my business. The production of items then just devalues all the goodness of what people used to call rare. And to the people who did the duplication must realize the item will lose value as well. Which everyone then loses.

There really is no end to Ultima Online unless they pull the plug. So I think we should just take the good with the bad and play along. Pay for what you play!:thumbup1:

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds good sounds good but,they will nuke speeder too so that last account will be really really hard work for you...

M

Masscre

So, in another thread, the topic has boiled down to 'how many people would really quit UO if the devs just announced that they didn't care about scripting/hacking/cheating anymore?'

So the question is...if the devs announced that so many people in UO cheat, that they honestly could not put in anything to stop it...would you quit?
This is a very very very broad question. There are big big big differiences between a scripter vs a hacker vs a cheater and non of the above can be compared so the question needed to be a little more detailed to get correct answers to the right questions.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You have the title If the Devs announced that scripting Was ok

and the View Poll Results: Would you quit if the Devs said they were not fixing cheating?
If the Devs did announced that scripting Was ok then it wouldn't be considered cheating no fix would be needed then everyone can script all they want.
Would I quit or script no to both.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a very very very lbroad question. There are big big big differiences between a scripter vs a hacker vs a cheater and non of the above can be compared so the question need to be a little more detailed to get correct answers to the right questions.
only filibuster's like yourself don't understand, alt.

F

Fink

It's hard to believe but some people actually enjoy gathering their own resources and crafting, much as some people take pride in timing their own bandages and spells. Let's not argue which is the loftier goal or greater accomplishment. But you can see how being "forced" into using scripts to compete might be unwelcomed in one playstyle, surely the same principle extends to others.

Nails

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can ther ebe an option to change what i picked? i made a mistake...errr

E

eekamouse

I would totally cancel my account.

Here is the severity of "cheats" in my eyes, from worst to "grey area".

1) Scripting and speed hacks related to PvP. These really go without saying. They are an absolute no no. There is no point to playing this game if those exist and/or are allowed

2) Scripted resource gathering. Think of a script where you recall all over place in your LRC suit to mine, and then recall back to your house to smelt and box your ingots. This is terrible. Another example is people that have a script that logs into their bod account(s) and get bods every hour on five or more characters. It needs to be met with severe punishment. Banning. It totally horks the economy. And provides easy money for gold selling web sites.

Those are the main two that need to go.

3) Unattended non-scripted resource gathering. This is somewhat different, but not really any less severe. Think of someone looping a Fishing macro at Brit docks or something like that. Not really that big of a deal. It's something you could do attended, but umm.. *yawn* They are probably doing it to gain skill... which leads me to my next point.

4) Unattended macroing of skills. Really, to be very honest, this is very tricky for me. I'll come right out and say I've been suspended for macroing Hiding in my house. At first I was pretty pissed, but that's the rules. Needless to say, I don't mess around with this anymore. But really? Macroing Hiding is that big of a deal? I don't think so. I'm ok with this to be honest. I don't care what the skill is.

5) Using 3rd party programs to enhance your experience, without giving an advantage. In this situation, your definition of "advantage" is what really matters. You have things that will auto-open doors, auto-open corpses, help you with buying and selling from vendors, allow you to increase your screen resolution to unsupported sizes, etc..., etc... I think these should 100% be allowed, no questions asked.

T

Tukaram

Although they have never come right and said scripting doesn't matter I think their inaction over the last 12 years speaks pretty loud and clear.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eekamouse your way too uptight.

I'm sorry but this game was meant to be scripted. It's one of the things that has kept me playing UO over the years.

Coders and scripters are the most die hard and loyal fans UO and that's the irony. Stratics members have convinced the Dev's that scripters are the scum of the earth and a plague upon the UO community. When nothing is further from the truth.

I know more players that script than don't . The thing is we keep silent about it.

All the Dev's get to hear is the vocal minority here on stratics. It reminds me of the War on Drugs...

Stratics members have convinced the Dev's that their perspective is the opinion of the majority. The reality is scripters and coders are the silent majority.

Scripters don't come to stratics and share their thoughts and points of view because it will fall on deaf ears and we have our own forums where we can avoid the judgement and BS that is well known on stratics.

I totally agree with you on #1 and this is where even the most avid scripters agree and want to see violators prosecuted. And that is in regards to speedhacking and PvP targetting scripts (hacks and exploits). This is frowned upon by the scripting community. PvP is the only area where any player is directed effected by scripting.

All this BS about scripting affecting the economy is just that a bunch of BS. There have been dupes in the past that have done far more damage than any scripting of resources or anything else will ever do.

Go visit some of the search sites. The top gold selling items are not items that are scripted. Power scrolls, SA artifacts, and veteran rewards and rarities are where the money is at.

Any player that can learn the ropes can learn how to make millions in UO. It doesn't take that long. There have been threads here on stratics about just this thing..players making money. Marks of Travesty and other items are still warranting alot of money so the economy is in no way broke or busted. And scripting has had very little if any effect over the long term on the economy.

Beyond number#1 scripting does not anyone whatsoever unless you choose to make it effect you by worrying about what your 'neighbor' is doing rather than smelling the roses.

What we have here is much like the war on drugs people forcing their morals of what is right and what is wrong down other people throats. It wasn't too long ago UOA was illegal. This is not different...

Now if the Dev's have issues with what scripts can be ran and what cannot be ran that is another story.

The only thing they should be targeting is speedhacks, exploits, and hacks of the client like duping and other things of that nature.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Your poll is flawed, people have already played for over a decade with the devs doing nothing against cheating. So if they honestly would quit, then they would have quit already.

Anyway, no I wouldn't quit, I haven't quit at any time of UO, why should I now?

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also you ASSUME that all who says no are either cheaters themselves or support cheaters.

You forgot those who wouldn't quit, but don't like it.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's hard to believe but some people actually enjoy gathering their own resources and crafting, much as some people take pride in timing their own bandages and spells. Let's not argue which is the loftier goal or greater accomplishment. But you can see how being "forced" into using scripts to compete might be unwelcomed in one playstyle, surely the same principle extends to others.
Well, even if scripting existed, it wouldn't prevent you from gathering things as you normally do.

L

Lore Master

you left out an option for I would be mad but I wouldn't close any of my accounts and hope they change there mind later.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Coders and scripters are the most die hard and loyal fans UO and that's the irony."

because it's so easily abused ?

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your poll is flawed, people have already played for over a decade with the devs doing nothing against cheating. So if they honestly would quit, then they would have quit already.

Anyway, no I wouldn't quit, I haven't quit at any time of UO, why should I now?
they ban people and burn their houses to the ground who dupe and do all sorts of cheating... as usual your wording is wrong, the poll is fine.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eekamouse your way too uptight.

I'm sorry but this game was meant to be scripted. It's one of the things that has kept me playing UO over the years.

Coders and scripters are the most die hard and loyal fans UO and that's the irony. Stratics members have convinced the Dev's that scripters are the scum of the earth and a plague upon the UO community. When nothing is further from the truth.

I know more players that script than don't . The thing is we keep silent about it.

All the Dev's get to hear is the vocal minority here on stratics. It reminds me of the War on Drugs...

Stratics members have convinced the Dev's that their perspective is the opinion of the majority. The reality is scripters and coders are the silent majority.

Scripters don't come to stratics and share their thoughts and points of view because it will fall on deaf ears and we have our own forums where we can avoid the judgement and BS that is well known on stratics.

I totally agree with you on #1 and this is where even the most avid scripters agree and want to see violators prosecuted. And that is in regards to speedhacking and PvP targetting scripts (hacks and exploits). This is frowned upon by the scripting community. PvP is the only area where any player is directed effected by scripting.

All this BS about scripting affecting the economy is just that a bunch of BS. There have been dupes in the past that have done far more damage than any scripting of resources or anything else will ever do.

Go visit some of the search sites. The top gold selling items are not items that are scripted. Power scrolls, SA artifacts, and veteran rewards and rarities are where the money is at.

Any player that can learn the ropes can learn how to make millions in UO. It doesn't take that long. There have been threads here on stratics about just this thing..players making money. Marks of Travesty and other items are still warranting alot of money so the economy is in no way broke or busted. And scripting has had very little if any effect over the long term on the economy.

Beyond number#1 scripting does not anyone whatsoever unless you choose to make it effect you by worrying about what your 'neighbor' is doing rather than smelling the roses.

What we have here is much like the war on drugs people forcing their morals of what is right and what is wrong down other people throats. It wasn't too long ago UOA was illegal. This is not different...

Now if the Dev's have issues with what scripts can be ran and what cannot be ran that is another story.

The only thing they should be targeting is speedhacks, exploits, and hacks of the client like duping and other things of that nature.
Yeah... the game was totally meant to be scripted... because you know, when things are against the ToS it's meant to be done.

Just because it's not enforced doesn't mean it's okay.

The things you say just irk me, are you that ignorant? "I can get away with it so that means it was meant to happen." Seriously? So I can come to your house, steal all your remotes and break the infrared sensors on the front of your TV so you'd have to manually change the channel as long as I don't get caught?

C

chuckoatl

Hate to tell you all this, scripters are needed. People script for things that are repedative, nothing more. Every good PvPer know that scripts made for PvP suck. It takes timing and skill to get good at PvP, not healing at __% health..... Just sayin

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Your thread title and your poll title differ greatly. If the Devs said scripting was okay, then everyone would script. If the Devs simply quit trying to find a cure, then yes, some might leave. Hehe I know you are going for the "if the devs didn't care" in your body.

I'll have to wait until LB makes his next game. I was really wanting to get into Tabula Rasa.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to tell you all this, scripters are needed. People script for things that are repedative, nothing more. Every good PvPer know that scripts made for PvP suck. It takes timing and skill to get good at PvP, not healing at __% health..... Just sayin
Another logic fail. You can't click something? Sure it's tedious, but you CAN do it making it not a MUST but a WANT.

Definitions. Learn them.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

scripting for 'repedative' resources is nothing more than unattended macroing ?

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There was a time a long time ago, right after shard Xfer's came out. A new guild arrived on our server. Many of them were running pot scripts, so we got them into a field fight. We dropped so many poison fields that they were interrupting their own spells by drinking cure potions.

Valuable lesson learned that day. I don't care if someone has a script in PvP, it usually does more harm than good.

S

Splup

There was a time a long time ago, right after shard Xfer's came out. A new guild arrived on our server. Many of them were running pot scripts, so we got them into a field fight. We dropped so many poison fields that they were interrupting their own spells by drinking cure potions.

Valuable lesson learned that day. I don't care if someone has a script in PvP, it usually does more harm than good.
Yeah, I'v never seen scripts as a problem in PvP, problem is speedhack, fieldhacks etc.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Like I said, Never PvPed, If scripting keeps a level playing field in PvP I see even less of a reason to totally ban it and so keep with my original answer, I don't mind if people script, I wouldn't leave UO.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As 1 and 4 are the different sides of the same coin I'm counting those as a single choice, "Cheats do affect me in the worst way possible for myself/My cheats affect others in the best way possible for myself." rolleyes: Point being, both of those go to say that cheating greatly affects players and the game.

And I still can't begin to comprehend how pretentious, narrow-minded, oblivious, un-caring or self-limited the people who chose 3 could possibly be. What a huge dissappointment. My only explanation is that MOST of those votes are really coming from people too pretentious to even anonymously pick 4 and I'm sticking to my opinion. :confused: People who honestly believe that however I can only view as players investing less than 2 hours weekly, potentially closet-players of a sort if I may use that term.

Personally, I would quit. No second thoughts, no quitting drama. This is a make-or-break moment for Ultima Online and me playing paying for it. :popcorn:

T

Trailmyx

I suppose I script a little bit. ;)

Frankly, it's scripting that's kept me playing this game for more than 4 years now. I couldn't imagine evaluating loot by hand again. Those days are sooooo 1997.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah but then again, once you're done raising skills it's back to the point of it affecting you way too much in all its other forms. Not to mention you find these tasks tedious 'cuz you're probably "spoiled" by skill scripts, or have become "greedy" with your skill raising and won't go through SoulStones and transfering skills among your characters, so you won't have to re-train. Most of us are to be honest with you.

But if it comes down to either a cheat-free UO or scripting skills because I'm bored while suffering from speed hackers and all that crap, I'll pick the first any day even if it meant a lot less resources being available on vendors or whatever else effect it may have.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I still can't begin to comprehend how pretentious, narrow-minded, oblivious, un-caring or self-limited the people who chose 3 could possibly be. What a huge dissappointment.
That would apply to 1, not 3.

But nice try, if you wanted to quit, why haven't you quit already? For over a decade UO has been full of scripting, speedhacking and so on, and the devs did little. EA has been permitting it by inaction. So honestly, I don't believe you, its drama for effect.

F

Fink

Well, even if scripting existed, it wouldn't prevent you from gathering things as you normally do.
Well, even if speedhacking were legal, it wouldn't prevent you from being the slowest pvper on the shard. Do you see how this works? If it's legal, it's very nearly compulsory.

Gathering resources is a basic income source. Or they can be parlayed into crafts. In either case, the principle is the same. A human player doing a few hours a day simply cannot compete with a bot that runs all the time. The market collapses, and the miner/lumberjack/etc thinks "screw this, I can make 20 times as much in the few hours I play by camping x with my cookie-cutter sampire". It strips out the diversity and replaces it with monoculture.

Now, you may say rampant scripting already exists and there's virtually no lucrative market for resources now anyway, but that would only be reinforcing my point.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've said this before and i'll say it again.

There is no problem with scripting in pvp. If someone is running a script to do any aspect of pvp for them, they are not that good and would be dispatched anyways. Maybe an insta box script, but there are other ways to deal with those people.

The only true cheating problem in pvp is speed hacking, period. I get a kick out of the ignorant people that come to fel and get smoked, and make up some bull**** cheating excuse

ie: omg you hit with 200 spell dmg inc, haxxor!
omg you teleported 30 tiles, haxxor!

ETC, ETC. There is no such thing, speed hacking is the only problem, and after seeing Cal's thing, i don't think that is his focus on cheating. He just wants to hit scripting, which honestly, i could just about care less about. Without scripting who is going to mine all the ingots i buy, all the wood i buy, etc etc. These things will slowly dwindle, just fix speed hacking and touch up systems here and there.

F

Fireman Sam

If people never scripted think how much it would cost for a few thousand ingots, boards etc. not to mention fancy gems for imbuing.
do you really think the majority of people would want to mine for many hours plus just to get enough gems to imbue something special.
scripting lets players get on with playing the game, fighting monsters or other people exploring dungeons etc without spending half their time gathering resources.
how many of you use the program that lets you see or search whats for sale on your shard around luna etc. it is invaluable in my eyes yet is created by using a program thats against the Tos.
Scripting has in the 13 years (certainly for 10years) that i have played UO whether it be jamming a penny in the keyboard using uoassist or using banned programs been rampant in UO.
I do beileve however that UNNATENDED macroing should be bannable, i also dont like speed hacking in Pvp although ive never pvp'd ( i have a crap con )and embraced trammel like no other when it was launched.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya those ingots, leather and logs will be for sale still and maybe even more. Sure the prices will go up. Why? The cost will reflect the honest effort to gather and not how much the next guy can undercut the other that made no effort.

Anyone that doesn't understand that needs to go out and do the yardwork to earn their UO fees. Instead of mommy feeding them everything on a silver spoon defends scripting/hacks/Uming is some way.

Right now is the time they need a crew in the game hunting for AzzHatZ. Last night seen one running the library script for weapon turn in. Been a long time I seen the library being scripted. Right now the roaches feel safe and are out in numbers because they know the light is coming on.

I don't need a ROC or bible to tell me what is right or wrong. Freebies always seem to come with a karma hook.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Lord Chaos
It so would apply to 3, sorry.. :) You do have a distorted point of view though, so you're excused. That or you're just taking the ****.

As for the rest.. I have quit in the past, yet I decided to make one last "stand" by re-activating and playing until I got fed up with cheating once more. And to my surprise, it seems I have returned at a time closer than ever to cheats being dealt with. Oh, I'm not going to miss this. No. I will be playing until either EA/M drops it all and cheaters win(in which case I will quit permanently as mentioned) or until an anti-cheating method is implemented and the game starts getting cleaner. I have the patience and money to sit through the latter, and if it will show my support("Voting with my wallet", I believe is the expression) to a cheat-free UO I'll do it gladly. We'll know sooner than you seem to believe, or rather just as soon as you fear we will find out.

So honestly, WT:cursing: cares whether you believe me or not..? The only drama I see is your whining about bards, not to mention that you possibly are a current cheater so stop hiding behind your finger. rolleyes:

As for your other claim, I have ALWAYS openly admitted to speed hacking and scripting in the PAST. What's up with it, Sherlock? I don't need, or want to do it anymore, I haven't needed nor wanted to do it for quite a long while and the reasons I did it stopped applying(mostly inside my head) a long while ago.
And indeed you're right about a SINGLE thing in your ramblings, it was mostly EA/M's reluctancy, inability or un-willingness to act that motivated me to cheat when I did.

SUE ME?! :gee:

Sheesh... Anyway the only "cheating" I'm involved in is buying gold with RL money and I'd dump that too in a split second if it meant a cheat-free UO, let me say this now. It's not like I can't "work" for the gold if I wanted to, I just can't be bothered especially since I lost my house and everything in it by my own mistake. It doesn't mean I run around promoting cheating(Reminds you of anyone..?) or that I'd prefer buying my gold over cheating being eliminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.