making Items to unravel for relic frags

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
Chesapeake
I do a combination of the bokuto and jewelry method on my elf. I make gm bokutos with my legenday carp (gm arms lore) then add 13 fire/poison/cold resist, then 8 energy resist, enhance with frostwood. I break about 1 out of 5 enhancing, but get a relic frag every time, at the public forge in ter mur (not the queens forge, i cant access that yet)

F

Fink

My relics cost *edit* just over 19k each, on average.

120 Imbuing, human. It's not impossible. :thumbup1:

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do a combination of the bokuto and jewelry method on my elf. I make gm bokutos with my legenday carp (gm arms lore) then add 13 fire/poison/cold resist, then 8 energy resist, enhance with frostwood. I break about 1 out of 5 enhancing, but get a relic frag every time, at the public forge in ter mur (not the queens forge, i cant access that yet)
I just followed your "recipe" above exactly, but had arms lore GM soustoned to my tailor at the time .

Imbue: 107.2
Carp: GM
Loc: Queen's Forge

I made a sampling of 5, since you mentioned that the enhance range was 1 in 5 fail. I did first 2 mods at home forge, then got packie loaded with MR and gems and went to Queen's Forge. The third mod wasn't too painful , only failed 3 out of 8 times.

The 4th mod - Energy Resist 8% - I only had 4.6% chance, but "reimbue" key is my friend:) Surprisingly, I did all 5 with maybe 20-25 failures! I know I left with 2/3 of the ingredients I came with:)

Returned home, and droppe the unravelbag of 5 for Carp. Carp did his thing and enhance 3 of the 5 first try:) then i returned to the two that said "materials lost" and they both enhanced!

Imbuer reclaimed the 5 enhance bokutos - flew to Queen's Forge - and then GM ITEM ID'd the 5 (worried about the 35% DI vs 40%) - but all 5 read Relic, and that's what I got:)

I like the 5 resist jewels better, but it will be a while before I am high enough Imbue to do that method, whereas this one I can do now as long as my "RL Luck" holds on 4th mod:)

Thank you again for the info to all!

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2001
Hi there,

possible to make items that yield relic fragments being a human and not use queensforge?

My crafter is to to weak to kill anything to get to noble.

Regards
The Scandinavian

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

possible to make items that yield relic fragments being a human and not use queensforge?

Regards
The Scandinavian

For my crafter I soulstoned Item ID and transferred over GM Hide. Then I Buffed 60ish magery to 105 with jewel set and tokuno maj arti spellbook and had my hunter mark a safe recall spot to Toxic sliths. Went to 10K loyalty in 3 days, 2 hours at a time, just casting EV's and then Hiding (or invis).

G

grandpa otis

I had zero luck doing it with the jewelry method, zero for 16, but i do Just fine on own forge using Slim's method with the bows. I modified it a bit to make it much cheaper, my method uses NO EE, only MR and only saphire,ruby, and amber, the cheapest gems, figuring in fail/losses cost runs on avg about 27000gps per relic(not counting wood cost)

I make ex bow with over 55 durability,
add 46% mana leech(4MR,8 sapphire, no failures)
add 46% life leech(4MR, 8 Ruby, 80.8 chance)
add 44% fire area(4MR, 8 Ruby, 42.8% chance)
add40% hit dispel(4 MR, 8 amber, 17.4% chance)
enhance with yew wood and unravel
avg cost figuring in normal failures in the neighborhood of 8 sapphires,24 rubies, 56 ambers, and 44 MR

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Catskills Shard, Town of Minoc
Am I crazy or does the % of success also influenced by how close you are to the cap.

I was doing some rings and the % between exception (500 Cap) and nonexceptional (450 Cap) items are different with the same imbue properties.

F

Fink

Hi there,

Regards
The Scandinavian
I imbued myself a cheap mana suit for killing toxic sliths as I already have 115 Magery, but as suggested you can use soulstones to temporarily arm yourself. There are also quests for points, but the toxic sliths are faster if you can drop EV's.

The loyalty points don't decay, so you need only do this once.

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 15, 2009
I was an elf and changed into a garg.

Made Excpetional Bracelet, imbued 13% of each resist....at 10035 loyalty at queens forge they always result in Essance.

What am I doing wrong?

Q

M

miss uo

I had zero luck doing it with the jewelry method, zero for 16, but i do Just fine on own forge using Slim's method with the bows. I modified it a bit to make it much cheaper, my method uses NO EE, only MR and only saphire,ruby, and amber, the cheapest gems, figuring in fail/losses cost runs on avg about 27000gps per relic(not counting wood cost)

I make ex bow with over 55 durability,
add 46% mana leech(4MR,8 sapphire, no failures)
add 46% life leech(4MR, 8 Ruby, 80.8 chance)
add 44% fire area(4MR, 8 Ruby, 42.8% chance)
add40% hit dispel(4 MR, 8 amber, 17.4% chance)
enhance with yew wood and unravel
avg cost figuring in normal failures in the neighborhood of 8 sapphires,24 rubies, 56 ambers, and 44 MR
Ok tried this method today, worked everytime. thx

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 15, 2009
Could you folks doing the jewelry route please post your Loyalty rating? I'm wondering if higher loyalty is giving better results. I'm at 10035 and all I get are essances.

Thanks,
Q

D

Diggity

I think it is intended that gargoyles can unravel better quality ingredients than elves/humans. But to see if it is possible with an elf, I soulstoned 120 imbuing to an elf char with max loyalty.

A 13-13-13-13-13 resist ring shows 430 intensity on the imbuing menu gump. For a garg, this unravels to a frag. For my elf with max loyalty at the same queen's forge, only an essence.

I then tried a NS-13-13-13-13 ring, 444 intensity. 2 essence.

NS-14-13-13-13, 451 intensity gives a frag.

NS-90 luck-18 lrc-13-13, 452 intensity also gives a frag

NS = night sight and if you know anyone who has farmed Narvey, they should have plenty of the special ingredients for the NS property. 14 resist requires boura pelts. So besides having slightly more failures, an elf needs some special ingredients. While it is tougher for an elf to craft relic frag level rings, it is possible.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Boura Pelts are mind-numbingly easy to get; they drop close to 100% from High plain boura, and about 50-75% on the others. And, as the HP Bouras are level 2 quest creatures (and the other two level 1), for Percolem, they will be something easily gotten while acquiring other materials for quests.

D

Diggity

I was an elf and changed into a garg.

Made Excpetional Bracelet, imbued 13% of each resist....at 10035 loyalty at queens forge they always result in Essance.

What am I doing wrong?

Q
try using a store bought or regular tinkered bracelet. Gargish bracelets are more like armor than regular rings/bracelets. Exceptional gargish jewelry start out with 30 base resists so going to all 13's is probably not very high as far as imbuing intensity goes. OTOH, imbuing a regular ring with all 13 resists gives 430 overall intensity displayed for the last imbue. That is enough for 120 garg imbuer at queen's forge to unravel a frag.

alternatively, you could try to enhance each of the 5 resists to the max that can be done without special ingredients. If your last imbue shows a total intensity of 430, it may unravel into a relic as a garg at the queen's forge.

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 15, 2009
Let me clarify.

I'm a gargoyle. I use a race change token to change from an elf.
120 Imbuing
10035 Loyalty
Made an exceptional hummie bracelet.
Imbued 13 of each resist on said bracelet.
Unraveles to 2 essances everytime.

If I do the bow with yew enhancement technique I get a relic.

I'm trying to understand why some people seem to be getting relics and some not. Something isn't right with how this is working if people are getting different results from the same techinque.

Q

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 25, 2001
Austin baby!
Is the queens' forge the one in that big building north of the public forge in the royal city? Do you need to talk to the queen when you hit 10k or do anything special?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Awards
McMinnville Oregon
yes that's the one in big building and no you don't have to talk with queen just have 10k loyalty

P

pgcd

Ok, this is not working for me:
I don't have nor want to work 10k loyalty, nor I am a gargoyle. So I have to find a different way to craft relic, and I tried with exceptional plate samurai armor. Here's my numbers:
- Mage armor: 100
- Luck: 90
- LRC: 90
- Resist 1: 86
- Resist 2: 86

Total 452.

Too bad it actually unravels to essence, even at Ter Mur forge. Any explanations?

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 15, 2009
So is the queens forge in a kind of plaza? Or is that a public forge?

Q

R

riohnyx

So is the queens forge in a kind of plaza? Or is that a public forge?

Q
Hopefully to clarify the difference :

Location of the two Royal City Soulforges - go to the basement of the palace for the Queen's forge.

What the Queen's Forge looks like

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 15, 2009
Well. That's my problem then isn't it......I'm in the wrong place!

Q

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 25, 2001
Austin baby!
Ok, this is not working for me:
I don't have nor want to work 10k loyalty, nor I am a gargoyle. So I have to find a different way to craft relic, and I tried with exceptional plate samurai armor. Here's my numbers:
- Mage armor: 100
- Luck: 90
- LRC: 90
- Resist 1: 86
- Resist 2: 86

Total 452.

Too bad it actually unravels to essence, even at Ter Mur forge. Any explanations?
The mage armor doesn't count as a property, since you get it automatically instead of using ingredients.

N

neonmagician

I just tried the following and it worked fine.

Human at Queen's Forge
Night Sight
14% in 1 resist
13% in 3 others you could always use luck in place of one of these I think 86 luck gets you to 451. I did not have time to try, but 90 luck would make it 455 maybe that would be enough at the forge in Ter Mur

While it costs a human/elf more than it would a gargoyle, it is not hard to get Ichor (Wolf Spiders) or Boura Pelts. (Highland Boura always have 1)

Cost in gems I am guessing around 25 to 30k.

As for not wanting to get the 10k loyalty points thats a choice you have to make. Toxic Sliths are pretty easy to kill with Magery, and worth a lot of loyalty points. (not to mention 2 - 4 magic items to break down into the residue you will need)

F

Fink

I just tried the following and it worked fine.

Human at Queen's Forge
Night Sight
14% in 1 resist
13% in 3 others you could always use luck in place of one of these I think 86 luck gets you to 451. I did not have time to try, but 90 luck would make it 455 maybe that would be enough at the forge in Ter Mur

While it costs a human/elf more than it would a gargoyle, it is not hard to get Ichor (Wolf Spiders) or Boura Pelts. (Highland Boura always have 1)

Cost in gems I am guessing around 25 to 30k.
OMG you're not actually suggesting using *gulp* special materials?!? :D

Boura pelts are dead easy to gather, I would value them around 1k each when you consider pvm against comparable creatures gives you around 1k per drop (and that's being generous). The market rate for boura pelts is just silly. I do two resists at 14, so I use 6 of them per ring.

I unravel Oak bows for residue. I also gather my own oak but I've estimated costs based on a market price of 30gp/board, works out 105gp or less per residue (always get at least 2 per bow, sometimes 3).

Factoring those two material prices in, plus the npc gems, plus 27gp for a blank ring, I can turn out relic fragments for 19,332gp on average.

It's really not that painful to produce relic fragments on a human. :thumbup1:

R

riohnyx

If I use special materials, my personal preference is Chaga Mushrooms for luck instead of Nightsight/Ichor since you can pluck them right off the ground.

Also... I know someone mentioned that durability counts somehow into the unravel equation, anyone know how much it counts for? Because, I tried a round of clubs as opposed to bokutos for kicks and discovered that the difference of a mere 2 durability points (bokutos 48 vs clubs 46) made the difference between unraveling a relic and an essence....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
OMG you're not actually suggesting using *gulp* special materials?!? :D

Boura pelts are dead easy to gather....
Don't forget that, while you're gathering the pelts, you can do the "Boura, Boura" and the other Boura quest for even MORE ingredients (one gives residue, one essence, plus both normal and large gems, plus juck to unravel), and get loyalty points in the process.

F

Fink

Don't forget that, while you're gathering the pelts, you can do the "Boura, Boura" and the other Boura quest for even MORE ingredients (one gives residue, one essence, plus both normal and large gems, plus juck to unravel), and get loyalty points in the process.
I've been doing the Tasty Treats quest as I take the occasional skins along with the pelts, plus I've been training pets against the boura.. so I'm multi-tasking the whole way. I'll check out those quests, though, thanks. :D

D

Diggity

It appears that the recent publish affected how imbued items are unraveled. It may be impossible now to unravel relic fragments from imbued items. However I tested post publish and it is still possible to unravel relic fragments from runic crafted items. If you are willing to use a bronze runic hammer, ML gems and valorite ingots, it is possible to get near 100% relic fragments. Use an ancient hammer to ensure 100% exceptionals.

One of the best items to make is the knight's war cleaver, requires 18 ingots and 1 perfect emerald. 3 HPR as the recipe property adds 150% intensity. Using the valorite ingots gives even more. I got 100% relic fragments with valorite. I got around 70% relic fragments with this recipe using bronze instead of valorite. At today's prices for bronze runic hammer/val/gems, the cost is quite competitive with the previous jewelry method, plus it is much faster.

Another good item is the guardian axe, 18 ingots and 1 blue diamond. HPI 4 and HPR 1 as the recipe property adds 130% intensity. I've done this one the most using valorite and I'd say it is around 99% chance of getting a relic fragment. Note I didn't do enough to discount the evil RNG completely, but this one seems pretty reliable. 35 vertie tries gave 34 relics. 15 agapite tries gave 13 relics. 20 gold gave 17. 20 bronze gave 14. So I do believe using valorite is the best if you got it.

Other ones I've tried with good to ok results are the true war cleaver (needs brilliant amber), true assasin spike (dark sapphire). These are variable since one of the recipe properties is di. If your runic bonus property is di, you will probably get an essence. But these are good to try if you have no emeralds or blue diamonds.

The good and bad news is that runics, ingots and ML gems can cost nothing but time if you harvest them yourself. It's good that non-combat characters can readily gather these resources with little to no risk. But it is bad that since there is little risk, the design has to be that the reward/time ratio is geared more towards the 24/7 player rather than someone with more limited playtime.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
UK
No Perfect Emeralds so I made Guardian Axes - 34 Relics and 1 Essence using Valorite ingots and a Bronze runic hammer.

R

Rudolph57

I made two knights cleaver with bronze runic hammer, ancient hamer +10 and using valorite ingots. As a result one was exceptional, the other not. Unraveling them with my legendary artificer gargoyle at the Queens forge, both items gave a relic. It seems that exceptional property is not necessary :thumbup:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 2, 2003
Post Pub 62:
Gargoyle Crafter/Queens Forge/120 Imbue
GM Made Bow with GM Arms Lore (40% DI)
Select bows with 50 or better durability

Imbue with:
Luck 109 (90% intensity) - 4 Essance/9 Citrine (130%+ Success Rate)
Mage Weapon -21 (90% intensity) - 4 Essance/9 Emerald (86-90% Success Rate depending on forge)
Hit Fire Area 44%(88% intensity) - 4 Residue/8 Ruby (50 at queen forge)
Hit Dispell 44% (88% intensity) - 4 Residue/8 Amber (22% and Queen forge)

Enhance with Frostwood

Unravel to runic at Queen's Forge

Just did 5 with success.

Personally it works - but I'd rather wither level 1 champ spawns in dungeons and get Katrina's Crook/Shield/Sword that unravel to fragments.

saveuo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 22, 2008
I am 120 imbuing, do i need to do any special to get relic frags? Do I need 10000 points?

F

Fink

I am 120 imbuing, do i need to do any special to get relic frags? Do I need 10000 points?
The 10,000 loyalty points are so you can use the Queen's Soulforge, which is pretty much an essential thing now.

Post Pub 62:
Gargoyle Crafter/Queens Forge/120 Imbue
GM Made Bow with GM Arms Lore (40% DI)
Select bows with 50 or better durability

Imbue with:
Luck 109 (90% intensity) - 4 Essance/9 Citrine (130%+ Success Rate)
Mage Weapon -21 (90% intensity) - 4 Essance/9 Emerald (86-90% Success Rate depending on forge)
Hit Fire Area 44%(88% intensity) - 4 Residue/8 Ruby (50 at queen forge)
Hit Dispell 44% (88% intensity) - 4 Residue/8 Amber (22% and Queen forge)

Enhance with Frostwood

Unravel to runic at Queen's Forge
Thanks for the guide.

I can confirm this also works for humans, all other factors remaining equal. Hopefully they won't nerf this way. The consumption of many low, mid, and top materials to create one unit of another top material seems like a fair trade-off in view of how cheap it was before. I'm also glad I can accomplish this on my bowyer-artificer without having to cop out and involve my other crafters or pvm characters, but that has more to do with a portentous choice of template rather than good planning on my part. These essential ingredients (residue, essence, fragments) should remain within the grasp of the pure crafter, no matter how rare or expensive.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 2, 2003
FYI I tested this method with Valorite and daggers and they all unraveled to Essence. Not sure the issue here but bows do work. I did make sure all daggers had 50 durability (used POF to make sure).

Frostwood Bows are the way to go I guess.

Also - Frostwood bows with no imbued mods (GM Made) unraveled on the Queen's soulforge can give 2 Essence (depends on durability).

I made and unraveled GM Bows with Arms lore:
20 Heartwood -11 Residue and 14 that would not unravel (heartwood sux)
20 Frostwood - 24 Essence, 9 Residue

D

Diggity

Enhancing bows with oak, yew and frostwood all bump damage increase. So if you are crafting exceptional bows with gm armslore, it gets added to the 40 DI bonus. The modded DI property then DOES get counting for unravel intensity. Since metal enhancing does not change DI, it doesn't give the same unravel bonus.

Chrome has a couple excellent posts on unravel formulae in the "have you noticed the nerf" thread. Not sure where he got his data, but it has been spot on for me in calculating what is needed to unravel to relics.

By his numbers, a gargoyle at the queen's forge could imbue 5 resists (only 13 resists to save on boura belts ;))onto a store bought dagger (13/15 * 5 = 440 total intensity), enhance with valorite (+80 intensity) plus garg bonus (20) plus queen forge (30) = 440+80+20+30=570. Then muliply by .8 because of the unravel an imbued item correction = 570 * .8 = 456. Should be a relic from only residue, plain gems and val enhancing.

I can't test this right now, but if it does end up yielding a relic, then Chrome's posts and formulae should be stickied somewhere as it seems to be quite useful.

D

Diggity

Mistake in my previous post, 5 x 13 resists = only 430. So this should not and does not unravel to a relic, just as Chromes formula predicts.

So I further imbued 1 resist to 14, brings the total imbued intensity to 437. Per Chromes formula, this should be a relic for a garg at the queens forge when enhanced with valorite. I tried 3 times and each time it made a relic.

The following should also give a relic and not require special ingredients:
luck at 90 (90%), hit stamina leech 44 (88%), and 3 resists at 13. Total imbued intensity is 437. Enhance with valorite and use a gargoyle at queens forge. Since Chrome's formula predicts this is barely a relic, if you try as human or at other forge, it should be only essence. I think human/elves would have to imbue some props to greater than 90 in order to get relics using enhanced imbued weapons.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Arpobel - you're looking at old information.

If you look further down the thread, you will see that method no longer works due to changes made to the game because such methods made relics too common.

You now need to make items with a mid range runic tool, preferably recipe items with high attributes and special materials, or lower runic items out of the base metal, imbue them, then enhance them with special materials after imbuing (at a substantial risk of breaking).

D

Diggity

I did exactly same as your method, but I couldn't get relic frags. Neither vendors' dagger nor gm armslores' dagger gives me a relic. :(

Of course, I am, over 10k loyalty, gargoyle race, at queen's soulforge. What's the problem?
Are here any guys who succeed in getting relics by doing this method?
It is important to be sure durability > 50. I find it is easier to use other weapons since they come with higher durability than daggers seem to get.

Here is what I did just now: Bought scimitars from NPC blacksmith. Kept 10 with durability > 50. Imbued 90 luck, 44 Hit Stam Leech, 13/13/13 cold/fire/energy resists. Enhanced with valorite, 4 break, 6 success. All 6 enhanced scimitars unravel to relics from 120 imbue garg at queens forge. So it is possible to create relics from just residue, store gems and val ingots.

Otherwise I agree with your numbers, 434 is the total unweighted imbue intensity to shoot for if you are going the garg/queen's/valorite way. As others have pointed out and as supported by Chrome's numbers, you can probably speed things up by enhancing with wood instead of metal.

D

Diggity

As another check on Chrome's numbers:

Exceptional wood weapons + GM Armslore: I used testubos and wild staves with > 50 durability. Imbued the 40 DI weapons with 13/13/13/13 fire/cold/poison/energy resists. Enhanced with frostwood or yew yields relic fragments as expected. Enhancing with oak gives essence. Frag unravel works for 120 gargoyle at queen's forge. Other races/forges should only give essence.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2005
As another check on Chrome's numbers:

Exceptional wood weapons + GM Armslore: I used testubos and wild staves with > 50 durability. Imbued the 40 DI weapons with 13/13/13/13 fire/cold/poison/energy resists. Enhanced with frostwood or yew yields relic fragments as expected. Enhancing with oak gives essence. Frag unravel works for 120 gargoyle at queen's forge. Other races/forges should only give essence.
Whats your chances on wood enhance?

B

Beastmaster

What should this item yield?

A=88+86+86+86+32+100=478
B=70
C=20
D=30
SUM=598
Durability=.8-.04=.76
598*.76=454 = relic right? It yielded essence. What did I miss?

R

Rudolph57

I checked this morning on Europe after the maintenance period, using client 7.0.3.0. because I read the following in the description of the latest patch:

•Fixed an issue with Unraveling which allowed relic fragments from certain items.​

Bought 20 scimitars, 13 were over 50 durability. Imbued them with the Diggity method (cost me somewhere between 300 and 400 magical residue and a few hundred gems, forgot to count). Enhanced with valorite, 5 broke (cost me 114 valorite ingots). The remaining 8 all unraveled to relic, using gargoyle at queens forge.

I don't know how to verify if the serverside has moved up also or whether that was only applied to the Test Center and not yet to Europe.

edit: pub has only been released to TC1, so I guess my conclusions are premature

D

Diggity

I saw that patch note as well. To me, it does not seem aimed at crafted relics. From the UHall thread, it may be that some stealable items were unraveling to relics. Not sure.

Anyways, I tried the following on a TC1 char:

1. used bronze runic on val ingots to make recipe knight's cleavers - still gave 19 of 19 relics for 120 imbue garg at city forge. Without talisman or ancient hammer, I failed once and didn't always make exceptionals. But as someone has already pointed out, you don't really need exceptional to get relics. So I don't think they updated how runic crafted items are evaluated for unravels.

2. made exceptional testubos (all had dura of 72), imbued 13/13/13/13 resists and enhanced with frostwood. Since I couldn't use the queen's forge, I used the city forge (10 instead of 30 bonus according to Chrome's numbers). So 20 (garg) + 10 (cityforge) + 86 * 4 (resists) + 104 (52 di) + 80 (frostwood bonus) = 558. Multiply by .8 correction factor for imbued = 446. As expected, unravels yielded essence (sometimes 2).

3. made exceptional testubos with dura > 50, imbued garg slayer and 13/13/13 resists, then imbued with frostwood. 20 (garg) + 10 (city forge) + 86 * 3 (resists) + 100 (garg slayer) + 104 (52 di) + 80 (frostwood bonus) = 572. Multiply by .8 = 457. The 7 testsubos I had imbued/enhanced all unravel to relics. So it appears it will still be possible to use only residue/gems/colored resources to create relics.

To me, it doesn't look like the latest patch affects unravels of either runic crafted or imbued/enhanced crafted items.

B

Beastmaster

I've been doing alot of testing with enhancing mob loot using Chrome's numbers. They are close, but far from perfect. I'd say about 75% of the time using his numbers and enhancing with the lowest color required to meet the 451 threshold I still get just essence. Keep in mind there is no imbuing involved, strictly enhancing loot (mostly smithed goods, just a few bows and wooden weapons, no leather yet) with colored material. I'm using a gargoyle at the Queen's forge on a live shard. At first I thought durability must be playing a factor even though his numbers show durability only as a factor if the item has been imbued. So my next round I made sure everything was over 50 and still got mostly essence.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 7, 2008
Anyways, I tried the following on a TC1 char:
[...]

Since I couldn't use the queen's forge, I used the city forge (10 instead of 30 bonus according to Chrome's numbers). So 20 (garg) + 10 (cityforge) + 86 * 4 (resists) + 104 (52 di) + 80 (frostwood bonus) = 558. Multiply by .8 correction factor for imbued = 446. As expected, unravels yielded essence (sometimes 2).

[...]
Small thing I discovered : You can use the Queen soulforge to unravel when you use an unravel bag, even if you do not have the required loyalty. This should help in testing.

I also tested my relic "recipe" and I still get relic fragments when unraveling.

F

Fink

Is there any way to get to Ter Mur for testing if you're human? Do I have to quest through the long way? The facet isn't on moongates.

S

Sir Kenga

Fink, most likely you didn't upgrade your account to SA (didn't pay money for upgrade).