• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Zoom Math

F

Fink

Apparently now characters retain their individual zoom setting in their respective files with the stored variable "CameraZoom Value". I gather via text editing we can adjust this precisely if we want a fixed zoom level.

Does anyone know the formula for getting a 1:1 pixel zoom ratio? I guess screen resolution factors into the calculation. Before they changed the way zoom worked, viewport size mattered too. Back then someone worked out how to adjust the viewport to force 1:1 pixels. I'm not sure if the same holds true now.

My own screen figures (UserSettings) are as follows:

Mode window_frame="true" fullscreen="false"
FullScreen width="1920" height="1080"
Windowed width="1920" height="1027"
Viewport sizex="0.94" sizey="0.78"

I always run windowed on both monitors. The second screen doesn't have the WinXP task bar but the viewport and zoom remain the same.

F

Fink

Ah, thanks. I don't know why I didn't see the sticky thread. It must have been caught by my SSDD filter.

I think mine would be 16.52 as my windowed height is 1027 (guessing this is 1080 minus the task bar?). I'll try it out and see what happens.

Thanks.

I am guessing there is still no in-game way to set this value?