• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ZOO UPDATE !!!

• Thread starter Lady Vivian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

Lady Vivian

Hello everyone. It looks like the Taming Event spearheaded by Intoxication and the Silver Steed Naming Contest lead by Crystal Canyon are merging into what will be one super, exciting, fantastic evening for the Zoo.

March 17th is the date so mark you calendar accordingly and plan to be there.

However, this does not solve the long term problem of keeping our Zoo filled. The decay rate for the Zoo varies from shard to shard (so I am told) and is determined by the shard's population. The best I have been able to figure out is we decay every 3 days at approximately 160K POINTS each time. A donation of 1 Million gold gives the Zoo 66,666 points. That is about 3 Million needed every 3 days or 640 Unicorns/KiRins or 3,556 polar bears.

These seem like staggering figures I know. But look what you have been able to do so far. We obtained the Silver Steed in record time thanks to all the members of the shard participating. Our ORIGIN SHARD has accomplished something to be very proud of.

Are we going to let this effort just slip away? I sure hope not!!! Please remember to keep up your donations daily. Tamers spend an hour or so each day taming and donating pets to the Zoo. Those of you that are not tamers make a pledge to yourself to donate a portion of each hunt (maybe 10% or so) to keep your Zoo stocked.

REMEMBER THE ZOO IS FOR EVERYONE ON THE SHARD - NOT JUST TAMERS :)

C

Crystal Canyon

Lady Vivian,

You really had me spinning with all those numbers! LOL..But you are absolutely correct. If we don't continue with our efforts, we will lose what we worked so hard to accomplish.

If you think it will help, I will put up a vendor and all proceeds of the sale of his items can be donated to the zoo. If anyone wants to donate items to be put on him that is fine also.

I have a vendor that stands alone on the corner on the sidewalk. For the time being, I will fill him with odds and ends wares, and all proceeds will be dontated to the zoo fund. In the near future, when the nerfed sending bags are fixed, I think we should stock him with the powder and bags. It wouldnt be difficult for folks to donate a few of each every now and then.

Ill get him set up tonight and we will see how it goes. I think it would be a good way to get cash for donations and players would also be getting something in return for thier donations.

Keep up the good work, Lady Vivian. Origin really appriciates your dedication to our zoo.

L

Lady Vivian

Oh Crystal,

A vendor sounds like a great idea! Maybe you could even call him/her Mr or Ms Silver with a shop name to reflect it is for the Zoo.

Bags of Sending and Translocation Powder should appeal to all professions, and perhaps Pet Balls and Bandies especially for Tamers.

In the mean time, I will look through my stuff and see what I have to donate and perhaps others will do the same. Those of you that do the Champ Spawns, if you are lucky enough to get Scrolls and they don't enhance your characters' templates, perhaps you would consider donating them to be sold for the benefit of the Zoo. :love:

F

Flora Green

I'll tame a few more animals, but I don't have much time atm. Will sneak some in when I can.

C

Crystal Canyon

Oh Crystal,

A vendor sounds like a great idea! Maybe you could even call him/her Mr or Ms Silver with a shop name to reflect it is for the Zoo.

Bags of Sending and Translocation Powder should appeal to all professions, and perhaps Pet Balls and Bandies especially for Tamers.

In the mean time, I will look through my stuff and see what I have to donate and perhaps others will do the same. Those of you that do the Champ Spawns, if you are lucky enough to get Scrolls and they don't enhance your characters' templates, perhaps you would consider donating them to be sold for the benefit of the Zoo. :love:
Lady Vivian,

The scrolls are also a great idea! I see people drop them on the bank floor frequently.

The vendor is up and going and I did take your advise and named it "The Silver Steed, Donations for the Zoo."

He is already making gold and people are checking him out! I will also periodically throw on a couple of free items as a way of thanking those who donate. :)

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We can do the Zoo Auction again. This would be the third or fourth one we've run. The only problem is the more points the zoo has, the more it decays. But I'd be glad to run it, no commission, again. We had quite an awesome turnout for that the first two times. The third time it went not so great....but maybe this time....

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Vivian,

The scrolls are also a great idea! I see people drop them on the bank floor frequently.

The vendor is up and going and I did take your advise and named it "The Silver Steed, Donations for the Zoo."

He is already making gold and people are checking him out! I will also periodically throw on a couple of free items as a way of thanking those who donate. :)
I have given Crystal a pendant of the magi to place on the New silver steed vendor, Money from sale of this item to be donated to the zoo.

L

Lady Vivian

Cassie Darksong,

Thank you for your offer to do a Zoo Auction. It would a super addition to the fund raising activities for the Zoo. I realize you offered earlier and I feel that we completely overlooked this. For this I apoligize as I had no intention of ignoring your offer of help. Thank you for careing enough to reoffer this fund raising project. Many would not have bothered. :hug:

As to running an auction, I have no clue. In fact, I have never even been to one in-game so will have to leave it up to you to plan and execute. However, I and others, I am sure, will help in any way we can. :love:

C

Crystal Canyon

Cassie Darksong,

Thank you for your offer to do a Zoo Auction. It would a super addition to the fund raising activities for the Zoo. I realize you offered earlier and I feel that we completely overlooked this. For this I apoligize as I had no intention of ignoring your offer of help. Thank you for careing enough to reoffer this fund raising project. Many would not have bothered. :hug:

As to running an auction, I have no clue. In fact, I have never even been to one in-game so will have to leave it up to you to plan and execute. However, I and others, I am sure, will help in any way we can. :love:
Yes, Cassie, that is very nice of you to take your time to do this. If there is anything you need just let me know. Ill do what I can to help. (Right now I would donate my son to be auctioned!...lol)

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll see when I can schedule one and what day/evening would work best with my schedule. March is a busy one. This saturday we have pinewood derby, then auction at night, in another weekend we have the circus we're going to (trying to sell my son off to that...might work never know! *joking*), then another event at the end of the month.

Oi....never knew having a 9 year old meant being out of house a lot LOL