• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Zoo Donations

T

timejester

just out taming and taking my wolves to the zoo and wondering.., how many tamers out there take part in the zoo collection? for those that do, what drives you to do so?

personally, id just like a few pieces of the clothing, and maybe a title. however, at the white wolf raet, it will be a while before i can get so much as a sash

G

I use to do drakes a fair bit......and when I get on a kick drakes are alot of fun!

I

imported_lindylou

I have 4 tamers and I tame unicorns for skill and turn them all in to the zoo. Our shard filled the zoo once but it's not done well since. It's only on Level 1. Not many tame for the zoo.

G

same here, I have only once seen the zoo filled. Its so hard to do alone ya know

G

Come to catskills ..create a character and hop a gate to the zoo.....it is normally pretty full. Things get a little low then someone holds an event or three and bang......back up we go!

I think the key is a large group of people doing a little....as opposed to a small group doing alot!

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Since recently we both try to "daily" tame some drakes to hand in at the zoo, and gain Taming in the process. Some Moonglow Zoo armor is the goal if we will ever achieve that...
On Europe we also have the problem of not getting the Zoo above tier 3 lately, it was once at tier 9 but then dropped fast and doesn't seem to rise again. We wondered, if anyone claim his/her reward, does that remove all his/her points from the total? Since 5 days ago we had 360k points to go to tier 4. Three days ago we had 460K points to go, and yesterday even 560K! That's a 50K points drop per day! While every night we see people busy bringing pets non-stop!
It's so annoying/demoralizing to not see the tiers go up... Sure, eventually we may get that individual reward some day but it'd be nice to feel like you can achieve something collectively! Seeing a full zoo is a dream now...

(If you read this, Hi! to Lord Alexey and Eshter A... eh, forgot the name!
)

Dewi Putri & Invincible Dawn

G

Not sure if it's related Tabby, but there was a bot turning in unis on Europa. Not seen them in a little while, so whether them stopping has made the difference I dunno.

I'll do a bit more this week if I get time, see if I can get the odd gain heh.

Wenchy

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havnt seen the bot since we camped and killed all the unis, that he tryed to tame. But i doubt that it will take long before he returns im afraid. The Zoo is kinda pointless IMHO, its much faster to just collect gold and buy the frigging parts you want.

The only thing i want from the Zoo is the title

G

Aye, found a vendor stocked with a right old stash of zoo rewards which could well have been his, guessing he'll surface when he needs more stock *grumbles*

Wenchy

J

JoyousGard

What is a bot?

Are the points for a character or an account?

I want the leather armor set... see you in about 25 twenty four hour days!! The things I get involved in. I'm only at polar bear skill but I like the idea of having that set.

So....
1.) I need 550,000 pts for a piece of armor
2.) I'll hand in 5 bears for 225 pts per trip (2,444 trips)
3.) I'll make 1 trip at an optimistic rate of every 3 minutes (7,333 min)
4.) Convert minutes to hours for the heck of it (122 hours)
5.) Hours to days for more heck (5 days)
5.) For a fun piece of armor?
6.) Priceless!!!

Actually since I am now officially sold on that armor set I have committed to paying 2 mil gp per item to help myself out some. But that doesn't help too much. To buy an item outright costs.... 8 MIL-YON gold pieces... plus some change.

Lake Superior get ready for a steady donation to the zoo.

K

Keno

They must be back. I was training a couple of nights ago on Europa and while turning in some polar bears - don't laugh, that's about the level I'm at right now - I believe I saw the "BOT" you are referring to. They hopped in, turned in a unicorn (or two) then left and came back doing the same thing - over and over and over...

I

imported_GFY

I thought EA was anti-hackers? How hard is it for them to track down a player that goes the same thing over...& over... & over...

J

JoyousGard

I guess a bot is a program to do the work for you? I am a human bot. I do the same thing over and over. Organic macro. I don't even socialize when I am in work mode. That's not illegal, is it? To tame polar bears for an entire Saturday? It should be illegal. I wake up from my dreams moving a mouse trying to tame the next polar bear.

I would imagine it is pretty hard to tell the difference b/w a human bot and an illegal bot.