• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Zog cloth

G

Can someone help me out and tell me what it is and is it worth anything?

G

its cloth similar in color to olive green, it is widely and generally considered to be rare cloth, but in reality still spawns in several different ways.

so real worth? the price of a bolt of cloth

will someone pay more, possibly

G

If anyone is selling bolts of that rare olive color, or dark shadow color on Napa, get ahold of me I'll buy it. Thx.

K

Kurgan

I know an NPC vendors that sell Zog (Olive Cloth)..
Look for me sometime in Brit or Luna, and I will show you..
I stocked up on 60K worht, just for the heck of it..

K

Kratos Aurion

I think we established this a few months ago in a prior post about zog cloth. It was in no way ever rare, but made popular by a prior guild named ZOG who used the cloth.

It never spawned as a bod reward, and it commonly spawns npc vendors and hirlings you can kill and loot for the clothing.

G

Don't forget about when you make new chars, it can be the color of their cloth when it is randomly generated.

I made a new char last month and its robe is zog.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think we established this a few months ago in a prior post about zog cloth. It was in no way ever rare, but made popular by a prior guild named ZOG who used the cloth.

It never spawned as a bod reward, and it commonly spawns npc vendors and hirlings you can kill and loot for the clothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

MWUAHAHAHAH! AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHHAH!
Long live the Zog Cabal

imported_EricksonYates

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People, new rule, no longer mention the word "ZOG". It gives ole Cear there happiness, and we cannot allow that.

I do love the color though, so if you are on Atlantic, and know where said cloth spawns on NPCs, let me know? Thanks.

I

imported_Hanna

f you can't find it on tailors, you can find it as robes in bones from the ant lion.

T

TheGwy

f you can't find it on tailors, you can find it as robes in bones from the ant lion.
-_------

Say that again? I always wondered where people were getting it these days, always loved that color, same for the dark olive green sandals

I

imported_CapN

Reposted from the books at Xanadu Library, Chesapeake, and several times on stratics.

1. Zog is the longest running historical SCAM in UO. It comes from a time early in UO when information was much more spotty than now- when the gamemaster-run plotline had a group named the Zog Cartel (who mostly DIDNT wear green) become renamed because of real life political reasons to the Followers of Armageddon (FOA). Scammers seized on this confusion to sell green cloth as having come from members of the Zog group, or more commonly and ridiculously to have come from the UO BETA (in which the world ended and nothing survived...).

2. Zog cloth is most often considered a murky green that you can get from killing NPC's and also sometimes directly in bulk quantity bolts from NPC Tailors. NPC clothing spawns in many many colors that arent otherwise obtainable. Go to work on some brigands or gypsies for a while and you WILL get some "zog", for free. In green colors from NPCs that players cant dye, I have found shades from hue 1419 to 1445

None of these facts have deterred less scrupulous folk from charging 100s or 1000s times more for green cloth and perpetuating total lies about its origins for super profit.

There NEVER have been any clothing with "ZOG" in its title name. Zog cloth as a historical or rare item is completely fake in all its many shades.