• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

YouTube Constructive Criticism

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've just started getting into frapsing gameplay videos. Specifically I started with Project:Gorgon cause I am loving the game and really wanna see it succeed. My first movie is below:

I'm looking for some Constructive Criticism on the entire video. From voice over, content flow, game information pretty much on the entire movie in general. Looking for answers to questions like:

Is all the info about the game correct?
Are the transitions too much?
Is the content worthwhile?
Is the voice too horse or low to hear alright?
Does the video look good?
Is the content worth showcasing or shouldI be looking at other items?
Should I stick to playing games and not overviewing them?

Any kind of criticism or suggestions you can make to help me improve my video's would be greatly appreciated.

Helio

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
A small amount of subtle music in the background would be great. The moment of silence at the beginning made me think my volume was too low, so I turned it up more than was wise. Also, the moments of silence when you're not talking are a little jarring.

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
A small amount of subtle music in the background would be great. The moment of silence at the beginning made me think my volume was too low, so I turned it up more than was wise. Also, the moments of silence when you're not talking are a little jarring.
Thanks for the feedback, will take it into consideration

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
inaccuracies:
Hang out; You say it resets and you start over if you log in before it's finished that is incorrect you just pick up hanging out where you left off at. so say you choose a hang out option that lasts 5 hours you are offline 2 hours then get back online then you'll have 3 hours of hang out left for next time you log off.

Combat: Mobs dropping off. they did that because you targeted the mob at max range. you sound like you're saying mobs just randomly drop off sometimes. what it is, is they are tethered. you attacked from max range he called allies those allies got to their tether range and reset. if you use an aoe it resets the tether and the mobs wouldn't drop off also had you been closer for the initial attack so they hadn't ran so far they wouldn't had dropped off.

Notes:
Should add when talk about anatomy that not only does it give you the description but also helps with archery (aswell as other non-combat skills effect combat skills)
Should have a skinning knife, and cranometer, and autopsy kit and butcher knife, and shovel in your bag so players see many options on dead mobs.
Should split the video and specialize it. people prefer to watch many short vid's than one long vid. try to keep vids under 5 minutes.
Would suggest into playlist.
vid one being tutorial cave. for like 2-3 mins. just brief explination of how you start out not knowing anything and develop your toon by how you choose to play)
Vid Two being npc dialogue and how the different menu's work.
Vid three would talk about favor and touch on crafting
Vid four would talk about learning and leveling combat skills and how you can switch or mix/match them how you choose.
Final vid would be about dungeons and make sure it ends talking about permanent curse death penalties.
(that would be a nice playlist people could pick and choose which ones interested them and would serve the purpose I belive you're trying to do with this vid)

then if you continue after that I would suggest more exiting and less informative vids like rush speed runs and group dungeon runs.
(off topic)
There is a dungeon under the hand :) also I've suggested that they add world bosses. and use that statue as one (preferably the first) what I suggested was that it remains a statue dormant and at a certain milestone that happens in serbule he awakens. Example: once players total 100k kills of mobs in Serbule he awakes yells something and has a ranged attack that can hit anywhere in Serbule. players can then rush to him and kill him making him dormant again. all players who engage get some loot.

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
oops forgot one other inaccuracy

In combat mobs rage. they gain rage when you attack you said they gain rage when they attack. every time you hit them it produces rage that's actualy one of the draw backs of fire magic's it produces a LOT of rage.

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Awesome awollsd, thank you for informing me on what I was missing. I will definitely take some of these into consideration.

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Here is my second video, I attempted to take all suggestions, however I know I fell short on a lot. I still think it is a overall improvement on my first video, but will let you guys be the judge.

Gorgonzola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It's pretty good honestly! I remember a tip from Twitch discussions: you could use Effect > Noise Removal in Audacity to remove the very slight grain in the audio.

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

Hey guys, here is another video for you guys to enjoy or critique. This is the start of going over the crafting skills in the game and I started with Gardening. Still didn't find that audio option but will take a look. let me know how it is, see ya in game!