• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Youtube] Begging Scripter caught on tape. Gms no where to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xel Naga

So... I'm staring at a scripter on Atlantic right now in Heartwood who is bypassing the 10 second retry timer and whose inventory also happens to be full. Now they're able to get gains and speed beg. I'm waiting on a GM to come but I have low expectations that anything will be done and I'll just get another "we will investigate the player but you won't be informed" canned message.

I'm trying to download a video recording software for vista 64 since for some reason fraps isnt working. hopefully I'll be able to share some proof with the rest of you since the Gms probably wont do a thing. If you want to see for yourself, head to heartwood on atlantic, guy is on a horse with newbie clothing and a samurai kasa. I cant list his name since that's against TOS I think.

X

Xel Naga

Enjoy the show, been an hour now and still no sign of the GM for the heartwood scripter I've paged on for weeks now and no response for this new begging botter either yet.

Edit: Updated, seems the GM has taken action at last ! The Beggar has either logged or been taken. I've checked out the afk macroing room but he's not there. So I'm not sure where he is now :(

The heartwood scripter however is still there.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That really sucks for those of us that had to do it the hard way. I wonder how they bypassed the timer. This is very upsetting :sad4:

X

Xel Naga

That really sucks for those of us that had to do it the hard way. I wonder how they bypassed the timer. This is very upsetting :sad4:
It involves a bug that I am not at liberty to disclose on stratics. It's been reported for years now but Devs don't fix the problem.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It involves a bug that I am not at liberty to disclose on stratics. It's been reported for years now but Devs don't fix the problem.
Oh ok. I don't want to know. I just didn't know it could be done.
:sad4:

Well the devs should just take the timer off so the cheaters don't have that advantage. :(

X

Xel Naga

Oh ok. I don't want to know. I just didn't know it could be done.
:sad4:

Well the devs should just take the timer off so the cheaters don't have that advantage. :(
They fixed the old bug which required people to invoke the honor virtue in order to bypass timers for skills and actions such as peacemaking, discord, etc. It quite immediately got replaced by the new thing which ever since has not been fixed.

If Jeremy wants to be proactive and direct in fixing it I will be more than happy to PM it to her. But I am tired of reporting bugs to various people who have it lost in paperwork or ignored in bulk email accounts.

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the exploit, you can GM begging in about 24 hrs.

Otherwise, it takes months and months.

M

Messiah

They fixed all of the skill canceling exploits awhile ago, but that doesn't take away from the fact he's still scripting to train his skills :gun:

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay for the modern age of video capture. What an efficient way to prove some of this stuff.

What software did you use to capture it by the way? I originally bought Fraps (www.fraps.com) to makeUO videos but alas it only works for 3D games. :(

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really can't believe that some people would go to such extremes to see someone get caught for something so frivolous.

You are as bad as the person cheating in my eyes.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... I'm staring at a scripter on Atlantic right now in Heartwood who is bypassing the 10 second retry timer and whose inventory also happens to be full. Now they're able to get gains and speed beg. I'm waiting on a GM to come but I have low expectations that anything will be done and I'll just get another "we will investigate the player but you won't be informed" canned message.

I'm trying to download a video recording software for vista 64 since for some reason fraps isnt working. hopefully I'll be able to share some proof with the rest of you since the Gms probably wont do a thing. If you want to see for yourself, head to heartwood on atlantic, guy is on a horse with newbie clothing and a samurai kasa. I cant list his name since that's against TOS I think.

So if I see piles of gold beneath a beggar's feet does it mean that they are scripting? You say their backpack is full so that must mean the newly begged items drop to the ground?

I see a guy on Pac in Luna first who had gold beneath his feet, then later he was in Del provisioners with gold piles and gold stacks all over the floor.

There were 2 guys there, one in good armor that I've never seen before and the other I had seen begging in Luna in his newb robe. After a bit the geared guy went to stand on top of the newb and started telling me he hates begging so he lets the gold fall to the floor. Possibly was running scripts but definetly attended.

I have been working a beggar the past few days and shes at 75 and has never been given a nonstackable pile of gold that just says Gold and when you drag it says its 65555 or various other like 65444 when its really just one gold. Was alot of these piles on the floor at Del provisioner underneath the newb beggars feet and also one was under his feet when he was in Luna.

Is it a script causing this I wonder?

Maybe those bugged gold piles just go to high level beggars?

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really can't believe that some people would go to such extremes to see someone get caught for something so frivolous.

You are as bad as the person cheating in my eyes.

I don't think a gold seller would call making $25 cash off a Halloween web on their website frivolous.

I think they'd call it money in the bank.

Are you a gold seller by any chance?

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think a gold seller would call making $25 cash off a Halloween web on their website frivolous.

I think they'd call it money in the bank.

Are you a gold seller by any chance?
No I am against gold selling you would see that if you read the other post about gold selling not that you should have or anything just saying.

25 bucks for a web is never going to happen either because there will be so many of them around so fast the value will drop before the money can be made.

My problem with this particular thread is that someone thinks they need to be the UO police and whine and cry about a very very minuscule problem when there are people out there duping high end items and scripting millions of gold a day. Yet this small fry is being pursued so ambitiously it just makes no sense why people feel the need to waste hours of time trying to be the police.

Go play detective somewhere else where it might actually matter. Doing it here makes you look foolish.

P.S. I can make a video like that too on my own computer with an emulator and it would look exactly the same. Not exactly what I would consider solid evidence of anything...

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My problem with this particular thread is that someone thinks they need to be the UO police and whine and cry about a very very minuscule problem when there are people out there duping high end items and scripting millions of gold a day. Yet this small fry is being pursued so ambitiously it just makes no sense why people feel the need to waste hours of time trying to be the police.

Go play detective somewhere else where it might actually matter. Doing it here makes you look foolish.

P.S. I can make a video like that too on my own computer with an emulator and it would look exactly the same. Not exactly what I would consider solid evidence of anything...
Because for them to be allowed to gm begging by scripting is a slap in the face for those of use who worked hard too gm it.

If I go to the store and steal a 2 dollar item should I not be in trouble just because it was only 2 dollars?

A cheat is a cheat whether it is small or large it shouldn't be allowed.

R

Radun

omg at 40 seconds he skipped tiles! not only is he scripting, he's also speedhacking too!
did anyone else see teh 3 people standing by their blue beetles the whole time??? they were there far too long to be doing anything legitimate!!!
and the guy who ran by on his ethy at 34 seconds.... what was HE doing in a place with so much scripting going on hmm? i think it's pretty safe to say he's scripting something!

p.s. seriously though, i don't think you could find a cheat that has less negative effect on the game to whine about than this.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
p.s. seriously though, i don't think you could find a cheat that has less negative effect on the game to whine about than this.
I think your missing the point. Why should anyone work hard to gm a skill when people are being allowed to script it.

They might as well make all shards like test center and just let us set our skills.

They should have to work to gm the skill just like everyone else.

p.s Just because this is not something you care about doesn't mean you should put down others because they do.

E

Eslake

What you're doing is a favored tactic of the more corrupt political figures in history. You're turning the Honest people into the villians by focussing on their actions in a way that insinuates something that is not true.

In this case, you are making it sound as if the OP is IGNORING dupers in favor of trying to catch someone scriping Begging skill.
The use of terms such as "UO Police" only proves my point.

Why do people "feel the need to waste hours of time?" Because they happen to care that someone is cheating. Knowing the difference is what makes us human. Ignoring it makes us less so.

Just because it is more severe when someone robs a bank at gunpoint than when someone steals a radio by sneaking in the back door of a store doesn't mean we should ignore the sneak thief when we see him commit the crime.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been working a beggar the past few days and shes at 75 and has never been given a nonstackable pile of gold that just says Gold and when you drag it says its 65555 or various other like 65444 when its really just one gold. Was alot of these piles on the floor at Del provisioner underneath the newb beggars feet and also one was under his feet when he was in Luna.

Is it a script causing this I wonder?

Maybe those bugged gold piles just go to high level beggars?
I couldn't say why it does it, but I can say that it's not because of scripting, and it only happens to some people apparently. My beggar (who is now at 70ish but had this happening even at 33) gets those bugged piles all the time. A friend of mine never gets them (she's closing on 70 but has pretty much matched me skill level for skill level every day). Neither of us are using anything but the ingame macro (in my case I used "use skill: begging" and set it to a key).

Don't know why it happens, but I really really wish it didn't lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.