• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your Most Random Moment

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine happened about 5 minutes ago.

When? 6:41am EST, Nov 2nd 2008
Where? Luna Bank

I was on my crafter, Valoria, when suddenly a character named Texas Fisherman transfers a pet squirrel to me. I, of coarse, assume it's none other than Nystul on one of his strangely-named alternates. I ICQ him, and its not. So here's what I find odd and random.

1. Character is named "Fisherman", yet has a squirrel.
2. Character sees fit to give me said squirrel, and I have no idea who he is.
3. Character is labeled as "Texan", which means its 5:41am his time, and he's in Luna bank, named Fisherman... with a squirrel to give to me, who he doesn't know.

... Things like this are why I love UO.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Um my most recent would be seeing an elf repeatedly cast teleport around a zombie...poor thing...

it was so confused...

SAY NO TO PIXEL CRUELTY!!

C

CatLord

While fighting an invasion in Yew I see a Keeonean character on the top of the Yew winnery... defying the defending forces.

Like always my big mouth got me in trouble... but he was verbally beaten... proceeding with a spellcasting display that would make our cartographers jealous... that sure was fast cast.

In the end... he was on military court and killed by his own mistress... Minax.

Moral of the story:
- Devs... it is ok to let other players control NPCs... give them unfair stats and abilities... in the end... community will prevail... and everyone there will have a new memory of a uo fond moment...
Kuduz to You... whoever played the NPC on Catskills...

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While fighting an invasion in Yew I see a Keeonean character on the top of the Yew winnery... defying the defending forces.

Like always my big mouth got me in trouble... but he was verbally beaten... proceeding with a spellcasting display that would make our cartographers jealous... that sure was fast cast.

In the end... he was on military court and killed by his own mistress... Minax.

Moral of the story:
- Devs... it is ok to let other players control NPCs... give them unfair stats and abilities... in the end... community will prevail... and everyone there will have a new memory of a uo fond moment...
Kuduz to You... whoever played the NPC on Catskills...
I played Napa at that time, and the villain in my story is also Keeonean.

Also, I thought the moment seemed rather random, but it was very calculated. You see, during one of the attacks, a regular at my tavern just happened to kill one of Keeonean's lieutenants. After the attack, an orc spawn suddenly happened at the tavern. Then a hoard of orcs happened at the tavern. We held them back for two days before Keeonean himself showed up and killed everyone except for me.

He instead taunted me and left me to raise my friends.

There is no single event that pissed me off so much in UO as the moment that he didn't kill me! Now THAT was evil well played.

Now my real random moment:

When stealth was relatively new (a couple weeks old), I was practicing magery in a guild tower. Specifically, I was casting meteor swarms on a bookshelf near the tower wall. After about 5 minutes, I hear the tell-tale Unnnh! of someone getting killed, and to top it off, I get a murder count!

As it just so happens, this guy was staking out our guild in hopes of being able to rush the tower. I found him by pure coincidence.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My most random moment? That's a tough one. I've had many embarrassing moments, stupid moments, funny moments, but random? Not so sure.

I guess the closest I could come was a few weeks back, I was in serps hold fel, working on my thief stealing from my packie. For some reason I decided to do this outside of a guard zone. Usually I train right inside the brit stables because I'm lazy and don't want to walk outside the guard zone. So after about 15 to 20 minutes of training this red pops out of stealth and attacks me. I ran back into the safety of the guard zone to heal, and then head back to get my llama. Returning to the scene I see my dead llama, his corpse, and no red. I figured he would have looted my llama, but to my surprise he left everything right where I had it. I picked up my stuff, recalled to luna to get a pet rez, then recalled back to the same spot in fel and continued my training. Never seemed to bother me again after that. I can only assume he was testing to see if I was a scripter. It was a little strange though.