• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Young Collectors questions

S

SilentFoxXy

Hi Folks

As a player who has started to build up a nice rares collection/show house etc on Europa Shard, there are some questions that if possible Id love to be explained to me:-

I keep seeing mentions of Vine Sandals, and Oak Shrouds.- Where do these /did these - Items spawn, or how were they obtained, I have not seen them on my home shard?

There is a superb museum on our shard, and its a place thet I go to start my search for nice collectables. Would someoone explain quite how one gets to obtain items that decay on a timer? Specifically items such as Blighted Cotton- Obtainable off the floor as a timer based 'Key" for Dread Horn, I wont name all the 'Keys', suffice to say there are many, including the likes of Body Parts etc. I dont understand how this museum has been able to keep these items? after the timer expires.

Items Such as-
Undead Flame (Unique Color, Same Stats as Blaze of Death) (1) (~250 Mil)
Undead Bane (Unique Color, Same Stats as Luna Lance) (1) (?)
Lich's Arm (Unique Color, Same Stats as Staff of Power) (1) (?)
Fake Blackrock Pendant (10) (20-25 Mil)
Fake Blackrock Earrings (10) (20-25 Mil)
Fake Blackrock Ring (10) (20-25 Mil)

Are these items something that dropped during a specific event, aka Rubble from Maginca etc?? How do folk come across the ONE item that dropped? (When it dropped, not by being lucky and seeing someone selling one of them for a pittance:)

Old Reagents- EG- Wryms Heart- I see a Wryms Heart for sale at 20 million...... Are these now really rare, or is the deco / on show factor the value here? (Blackmore- 2k)

Following on from that- If a Wryms Heart is valuable as a rare....surely stands to reason that a Rubble Wryms Heart should have more value?

Thanks for the time spent in answering, and obvioulsy any other helpful comments will be appreciated.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll attempt to answer some of your questions.

Items like vine cord were obtained in smaller events, usually as a reward for completing a dangerous quest. These events were organised by EA staff. This doesn't happen anymore. They've canceled that program. EA will only do global events like Magincia nowadays. Now sure nice items can come from that, but not usually like back in the old days.
The Wyrms Heart is really rare (I know the one you are referring to - it's for sale at one of the vendors I've teamed up with. Tokuno EU if anyone wonders
). They are extremely more rare than say blackmore. That explains the big gap in price.

As for rubble. Not necessarily. A lot of people do not like rubble (like yours truly). There's a few downsides to rubble. -The name. -The weight. -The fact that they respawned.
Even facet unique items are still relatively common. 2 per shard, 25 shards. Which means there are already a minimum of 50 of a certain item. And then there's the respawn.
A lot of old rares have gotten lost of the years. People get banned, quit, lose items (packy gets killed by a reaper and you lose con).
Versus the rubble that is on active accounts and currently being traded, sometimes in large quantities. The only plus is that they (probably) have not been duped.

I try to keep my house clean. I won't put any rubble in there! Why would you?

S

SilentFoxXy

Many thanks for replying, I actually think I said Hi to you moving /settling in yesterday. My Place is 4 blocks down , behind the stables/Animal Tamer:)

Thanks again

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Many thanks for replying, I actually think I said Hi to you moving /settling in yesterday. My Place is 4 blocks down , behind the stables/Animal Tamer:)

Thanks again

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks!
I already had my main house in Tokuno and now I bought another plot there for my shop

Is that your shop? Very nice..

G

One mistake young (and relatively poor, compared to those on this board) players make is that they try to collect ANYTHING rare, go broke, get discouraged...stop collecting or quit.

Pick themed rares. Start small.

I for one enjoy collecting weird colored foods...they are cheap for the most part when you compare them to other rares, and I expanded into silverware and plates, bottles of various booze...then built my way up into the kitchen category, such as dirty pots and a brush to scrub my floor with.

You get the drift.

G

Good advise by Voluptuous. Yup, always start small, and build up your collection from there.

S

SilentFoxXy

Thanks again for the helps:) I actually started off collecting Summoning Talismen, Thats what really started my collecting bug, now with a steady income from a couple of shops and me always travelling round Sosaria seeing lovely and rare things.....

What noone managed to answer was ' How do I get to keep the Quest Timed items- IE:- Blighted Cotton, Thorny Briar, Various quest body parts etc. I see them in a museum..... I have iired the instant log off thing for 8 hrs, but to no avail. Im assuming therefore that these items the chap has were server births, or available for a very short period when they first appeared??' Thanks again..

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure you won't get an anwer to that one because of possibly one or more reasons...

I.e.

- No one knows...
- It's known and those that do know are waiting to profit from it...
- If it's a bug, which it probably is, it can't be discussed on these boards...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Im assuming therefore that these items the chap has were server births, or available for a very short period when they first appeared?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your answer is in bold. They were quite common when ML was released and lots of people had them on display in their house. Then the developers fixed them, so that you can't take them out of your pack.

G

Not sure if it still works but u used to be able to send those type of items to you bank through bos. That would lose there timer and just become an item