• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You must wait a few moments and a few more and more......

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a character on an account that cannot use any of the skills with the blue button next to them in the skill gump. When I click the button it says i must wait a few moments. When i wait a few moments or 5 or 10 or 100 it still says i must wait a few moments. When i log out and back in 2 hours later and click on it it still says you must wait a few moments. All the other chars on that account a fine. Any suggenstions besides uninstalling and reinstalling the game or paging a GM?

Thanks

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My only suggestion would be to go in to your folder and delete just that character. You will have to redo all the stuff for that character kinda like a fresh start. But I'd try that before I go and reinstall.

Not sure what system you run but on mine it's in documents>EA Games>Ultima Online (then the client you use)>User Data>(Your Account)>(Shard you play on). And you should find the characters name.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I had the same thing happen to me the other day for about 4 hours or so. For some reason as I was dragging some arrows to the bank box they had gotten hung "in my hand" but I was unable to see them on the screen anywhere. Even when I logged in and back out it was still the same way. Eventually I moved the mouse over where I had initially picked them up and they showed back up. Moved them to box, dropped and was once again able to perform actions. Ain't saying this is your problem, but would try it and see before deleting your char info like that. Good luck either way.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could try putting all your gear in your bankbox and then going out and dieing.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No joy on the killing self. Still is happening. If I delete that char from my folder will I have to work skills and everything up again? Also that char is the owner of my luna house, will that pose a problem?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You only delete the character's desktop folder (in my documents) You're not deleting the character itself. You'll lose desktop settings and macros.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just deleted the character folder and it did not help. Really not wanting to do a reinstall :(

S

Smokin

Try honoring something and killing it, I doubt its the same bug but who knows.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried honoring stuff and myself but it will not let me. Says i failed in the path

V

Vyal

Page a GM... OR Use the EC to go in and use the skill then log back in on the CC.

This is a bug that has to do with the two client not working properly with each other I bet. Whenever I encounter a bug like this I simply log in with another version of the client and it will work properly.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will try the EC, but first tell me how i log into it. I always play 2d and have not seen a setting for EC log in when I launch.

U

unified

I will try the EC, but first tell me how i log into it. I always play 2d and have not seen a setting for EC log in when I launch.
In the time it will take to download, install, and patch the EC, you should do as Vyal suggested and page a GM. My character's real magery skill was stuck and would not change when bracelets and rings were removed or added, and a GM fixed it for me.

M

mtman

I had this happen years ago...i paged a gm...she came to my house and fixed it...if i remember correctly i had to take everything off for her then she booted me in and out of game a few times to fix it....was kinda kinky.....lol

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone for your help. The situation is fixed. I paged a GM and within a few minutes the GM contacted me and fixed the issue. I have nothing but praises for the GM staff! Petra you can lock this thread if you want.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a character on an account that cannot use any of the skills with the blue button next to them in the skill gump. When I click the button it says i must wait a few moments. When i wait a few moments or 5 or 10 or 100 it still says i must wait a few moments. When i log out and back in 2 hours later and click on it it still says you must wait a few moments. All the other chars on that account a fine. Any suggenstions besides uninstalling and reinstalling the game or paging a GM?

Thanks
Page a GM, this is how this issue was resolved for me.

This issue seemed to be caused by the old peacemaking bug & or with crafting tool menus (they both did the same thing) after this bug was fixed it seemed to add ALL the skill delay/bypasses together which caused you to have an Extremely long wait before you can use another skill manually.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
having the same problem, sadly my page isnt being answered so swiftly this time around, the last page was a day ago and all i got was an email saying what everyone heres has been posting.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe a wild shot - but try to use the stuck option and get teleported to a town.
- When using that, your character skills in use are locked till you get teleported.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
check my thread "all i can say is weird" i paged a gm and put "stuck skill timer" the guy fixed it in 10 secs flat. thanks again petra for the advice and words of encouragement

Leather Lucy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the thread necro, but just found one way that fixes it without GM intervention. I got fed up waiting so figured I'd go shopping, then it dawned on me that the game forces a 'hide' when you step into the moongate, my char also has stealth. Went through the gate, was automatically hidden, started to walk and stealthed, problem solved! Can use her skills as normal (been stuck for 24 hours).

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also had this issue and did googling and such..not sure if it was this thread..but making spoons as a tinker worked..I just made max of each at 0 skill I believe and it fixed it :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also had this issue and did googling and such..not sure if it was this thread..but making spoons as a tinker worked..I just made max of each at 0 skill I believe and it fixed it :/

This has worked for me as well. I don't know why there are times when a gm is needed. I don't know the nature of the glitch.

Manitou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

I get this bug and fixed by making spoon, what a wonder spoon.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They had a question and found the answer here. Thats why this exists.:cheerleader:

Was a double Necro.

Last edited: